[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Nothing But Thirty 三十而已

sugarplum892

@Sobayaki

Gu Jia is awesome right?!

And I share your sentiments on Xiao Qin (who still remains naive) and Ni2. If I were to rank the women, it'd be 1. Gu Jia 2. Ni2 3. Xiao Qin - pretty obvious huh LoL. Still I'm glad Xiao Qin showed some growth. As for Ni2, now that you mentioned it, it does sound incredulous! 

Didn't she say her apartment rent was $ 7-8K!? And she worked in Shanghai for 8 years..? She must have saved or did other side jobs I don't know of ha-ha. Like Xiao Qin, I'm glad Ni2 found her true calling. The women inspire me too. I was hoping Ni2 went back to her ex (the coffee owner) 

I was sad for Gu Jia 'cause she only wanted to be seen as an equal but didn't expect her hubby to be the one with the ego problem. Typical I guess, I didn't like what Chen Xu said either tsk. 

Oh there's another drama, "Love Yourself" which seem to be similar in plot to this "Nothing But Thirty". I've only watched bits here and there but I think it can't compare to "Nothing But Thirty". It seemed mediocre in comparison. Would love to read your thoughts on it.   

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@Sobayaki

I was sad for Gu Jia 'cause she only wanted to be seen as an equal but didn't expect her hubby to be the one with the ego problem. Typical I guess, I didn't like what Chen Xu said either tsk. 

Oh there's another drama, "Love Yourself" which seem to be similar in plot to this "Nothing But Thirty". I've only watched bits here and there but I think it can't compare to "Nothing But Thirty". It seemed mediocre in comparison. Would love to read your thoughts on it.   

No need to be sad. The 3 girls can go enjoy and do what they want! Finally.

I watched the trailer for "Love Yourself" but it doesn't seem like it's as deep as Nothing But Thirty. And I probably can't stand another drama of bad men. :unamused:

On 8/16/2020 at 6:13 PM, Sobayaki said:

Although the unrealistic part is how she earned enough in just 3 months in her final job to study abroad -- not to mention she got scammed $65k in the process.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:14 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

Didn't she say her apartment rent was $ 7-8K!? And she worked in Shanghai for 8 years..? She must have saved or did other side jobs I don't know of ha-ha. 

The Chinese netizens were all yelling about how unrealistic it is and questioning whether scriptwriters have any sense of the real world because of this lol. Weibo had a lot of international students talking about having 500k rmb in bank for several months before you even apply for a visa. I don't expect scriptwriter to know a lot about studying abroad, but they could have at least tried to make it a little less fake.

@skibbies

Ahahah I was like where do I find a job like Ni2's!? Like sign me up! Though it seem pretty brutal having to deal with pervert men and awful women customers tsk LoL. 

IKR!? Ni2's supposedly going to study in Scotland I believe? Studying abroad is super expensive. Well I guess that's dramas for you, what're your thoughts on "Love Yourself?". 

Archived