Edward Ma as Liang Zhengxian
Yan Zi Dong as Zhong Xiaoyang
Mao Yi as Jiang Chen
Wang Zi Jian as Zhang Zhi
Song Zhe Wei as Wang Jingwei
Jia Shun Zhi as Shi Lei
Zhang Shu Hong as Mars

Synopsis:

Gu Jia (Tong Yao) is a gold-collar worker who transforms her husband from a nerdy programmer to the CEO of a tech firm, and enjoys balancing the role of a career woman and a housewife. However, when another woman threatens to tear her marriage apart, she doesn’t back down, and successfully saves her relationship.

Wang Manni (Jiang Shuying) is sexy, smart and single, and believes she always deserves the best. When she falls in love with Jiang Chen, she marries him immediately, yet irreconcilable differences mean the marriage doesn’t last long at all.

Zhong Xiaoqin (Mao Xiaotong) is an ordinary woman with an ordinary job, and is married to a man with a stable career at a big firm. Also a casual writer, when the adaption rights to one of Zhong Xiaoqin’s novels is sold, she becomes the breadwinner and star of the family, and the power imbalance begins to take a visible toll on their marriage.

Cr cfensi

Nothing But Thirty 三十而已 Viki Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Nothing But Thirty 三十而已 Viki Episodes

Nothing But Thirty 三十而已 Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• 3 months later...

Hmm... ;Why isn't anyone watching this drama? It's good thus far (Ep 5). A quality production. Highly recommended. If nothing else (too early to tell how the plot will unfold), the three main female leads are kickazzzzz good! :gangnamstyle:

c04e11ably1ggsng8bwwlj22bc1aw1kx.jpg

Anyway, here's the calendar to watch it as it airs:

Spoiler

007OGRzlly1ggty0d8odxj30yi27fb2a.jpg

Epic segment from Ep 5. LOL. Go mom! :fullofhearts:

Spoiler

007OGRzlly1ggvim4bvspj30ty18ywqo.jpg

Lovin' this! 

I started likin' Man Ni's story at first but now I'm more into Gu Jia's. I just wish she stopped pursuing somethin' that's unattainable. I mean her family life is pretty good imo. Although it looks like her hubby might go astray ugh. 

As for Xiao Qin, she annoys the heck out of me! But I am rooting for her with the younger office guy with the awful bowl haircut! Her ex hubby is.. I've no words LoL. 

The guy who's romancing Man Ni seem too good to be true. I don't know whether his intentions are good or bad..? The way Gu Jia stood up to that horrible chairwoman at her son's school was awesome. 

Still can't get over how much Tong Yao resembles so much like Zhang Zi Yi! 

This drama is literally one of the best drama in 2020 and I you haven't started it yet then YOU should do it RIGHT NOW!! WHat's great is that it's subbed in English so feel free to watch it in HQ ! I guarantee you, it will worth your time!!

This drama actually illustrate us 3 kind of woman we can be or can relate too.

One of my favorite character is Gu Jia and you who is your favorite character?

Spoiler

Gu Jia

She is the role model type. She is not only beautiful but is very smart. It seems that she can do anything which makes her very powerful. She is a devoted wife, faithful daughter, a kind mother and a reliable friend. In this family, she is like Superwoman. 

img-8305-jpg-1595759416-1596300532013550

Devoted wife:

Gu Jia supports her husband to open his own company since she believed he has talent for firework designing. She helps him at home and at work. Her husband is an artist who loves to design so he is not good at managing or talking to clients to get them sign the contract. Thanks to his wife, all of this work can be done perfectly. When he is at his lowest status, she was there with him and gave him courage. She never stop him from doing his art , on the contrary she encouraged him to do things he likes and she will help him.  

Faithful daughter:

Gu Jia lost her mother since  she was little and at that time she hated her father since she thought that if he didn't sign the paper to let her mother to go home instead of staying at hospital then maybe her mother will be treated and be with her longer. Yet, when she became at her turn a mother, she understood why her father did that. Then, she starts to cherish her father more. She always wanted him to live with her and her husband yet he refused because he didn't want to burden her. 

Reliable friend

What I like with Gu Jia is that she is really a down to earth person. She calmly listens to other and try to help them truthfully. You will see it through her  interactions with her friends and those ladies from the circle of rich wives. For example in the circle, some wives are brainless, they bought expensive thing to show their wealth whereas maybe it was just a second hand or a copy from famous painting, participate at events to show off their new bags etc. 

When her friends encounters problem she didn't hesitate to help them, she will not hesitate to speak truthfully to make them understand where is the fault.  For example, when Man Ni  said she was scared about the new employee in her shop who is younger who may steal her position. Gu Jia didn't hesitate to counsel her, she said "you always are scared that new people may steal your job but don't you think that it's because you stop at that spot so long and that you don't want to move forward?" In other words, Gu Jia is trying to explain to her friend that even if you have a work you should continue learn more things to improve yourself.

Kind Mother

Gu Jia use logic and ears to educate her lovely son. When her son do things wrong, she won't yell at him but instead she will calmly explain to him what is wrong to let him know that he should be more aware next time. 

When someone touch her son, she won't hesitate to make them hurt more than what they did to her son. (you should check the 5th episode)

It seems like there's not a lot of people watching this? I'm so surprised because this slice of life cdrama is actually VERY good

I'm interested in seeing how Xiao Qin and Man Ni's love lives and career develop.

While Gu Jia feels like she's almost invincible. Almost.

I'm usually not a fan of this genre but the title got me because I'm in this age range too. This drama is surprisingly enjoyable and GOOD! From the acting to the story to the cinematography, everything is high quality. The pacing is really good, too, not too slow but not super fast. It feels like I'm watching a movie at times.

I'm on episode 8:

Spoiler

All the focus on money is very interesting; China has become very materialistic. The part where Gu Jia had to buy a brand-name bag to fit in and join the "club" had me rolling me eyes. The school scenes remind me exactly of a few kdramas I watched recently. My favorite scene so far is when Gu Jia beat up the other moms. :joy:

Does anyone else hate Gu Jia's husband? Actually, I hate all the men in this drama lol! 

Spoiler

Gu Jia is busy taking care of her son, taking care of her husband's company's financial issues, and finding a back-up plan in case something happens to their fireworks company. Her husband does nothing! He doesn't help out with his son, he doesn't fix his company when it has issues, he doesn't find new clients. The scene where he argued with Gu Jia about buying a tea farm made my blood boil. He has no right to talk to his wife that way. Not to mention I sense there will be a mistress soon... :rage: I feel like Gu Jia is the mom of the household, taking care of 2 kids.

Watched up until ep. 41. Wished Gu Jia hooked up with the guy at the bar, hey she's worth it ok LoL?! 

Huan Shan is one sorry excuse of a man.:unamused: I disagreed with what Xiao Qin's bro-in-law said. That Huan Shan was under a lot of stress and Gu Jia left him alone too much. I was like WTH LoL. Hey at least she's out there hustling for the family which is more than I can say for Chen Xu who keep mooching off his bro and Xiao Qin alright!?:rage:

Gu Jia is still hands down my fave out of the three. Ni2 got fooled again aish. But I like her attitude of sucking it up and marching forward. Finally Xiao Qin show some growth! She's a JK Rowling in the making. Although her living habits due to sudden wealth is not so wise LoL. Good thing she's got a sensible husband.

Xiao Yang was rushing her too much, and that surprise proposal at the office...what was that? Are you kidding me!? Even I'd reject him! Why do men think it's romantic to make it public like that? At least be certain that the relationship is stable and the woman actually likes you back Idk LoL?  

What I like best about this drama is the sisterhood among the 3 ladies...I wish to be so lucky to have such loyal trustworthy good friends.    

I see a lot of rave on the net over this drama yet surprised to see so little posts on this forum.

is this a drama worth watching? My only concern is i might get too worked up over it lol cos I see a lot of hate for a certain character on weibo.

On 8/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

What I like best about this drama is the sisterhood among the 3 ladies...I wish to be so lucky to have such loyal trustworthy good friends.    

Yes! I love the girl power in this drama and it's the main reason I started watching this drama. I'm not as far as you, I'm only on episode 24 but when Gu Jia and Xiao Qin was there for Nini when she was heartbroken was very touching. Especially when Gu Jia went the extra mile and went to the salon with her, doing yoga, etc. to get Nini's mind off things. Makes me envious of having a friend like that. :bawling:

1 hour ago, vankomysin said:

is this a drama worth watching? My only concern is i might get too worked up over it lol cos I see a lot of hate for a certain character on weibo.

In my opinion it is worth watching simply because of the high quality production and acting. As for the story, I like it because it feels more mature and there is an overall message to the story. It's not all just for comedy or "girls gone wild" type of show.

@vankomysin

Ya some actually find this drama a really tough watch and I can see why but that's 'cause they are used to fluff I guess LoL? I suggest you give it a shot by watching the first 2 ep. If it's to your interest, then keep watching LoL. The hate toward characters are part of the drama experience.:blush:

@Sobayaki

Hey there.

Ya that was really great on Gu Jia's part. Well she's rich. So LoL. The 3 girls helped each other out in many ways throughout. Gu Jia will go through a lot as well. And Ni2 with Xiao Qin will be there. They're lucky I'm so envious of their friendship!   

This drama seem to have wrapped up at ep. 43..? 'Cause that's how it appeared to me LoL. However on MDL, it is slated for 45 ep.? So IDK LoL.  

@themarchioness 

Ah~ okayyy thanks! 'Cause I watched the ep. and it felt like a finale LoL?

I enjoyed this drama immensely. It's probably the only drama from China I watched from beginning to end without skipping. This with Love Designer were my only faves this year. 

As mentioned in previous post, I love the sisterhood bond of the 3 ladies of Nothing But Thirty. The way they set it up at the end I'm not sure if there's a second season..? Fingers crossed eh. Bye y'all be well, be safe.  

I just finished this drama! I really really enjoyed it and am super inspired. I'm so sad to see it end because I want more. :bawling: But I believe it is a good way to end the story. I really like the overall message of the story because it motivates me to do something more with my life. While I've hated many characters while watching this drama, in the end I can't bring myself to really hate any of them.

Spoiler

I really like Gu Jia's character the most because of her intelligence and lifestyle. She has a real business sense and knows what to do to succeed. In the end, all her business decisions were correct and became successful despite some ups and downs. I really hated her husband for not doing anything in his business. But in the end, his final scene was powerful in that he finally decided to man up and face the consequences by proposing divorce and signing the papers after not wanting to for so long.

I was frustrated at Xiao Qin and Chen Yu's relationship because of how they can't communicate with each other. But I was surprised they would end up together again and they ultimately became the cutest couple in the series! Although Chen Yu's transformation was a bit too fast to be realistic. Also, I had issues with Xiao Qin spending all her money in the end. I was so afraid her book deal would suddenly end and she would've been left with nothing again.

Nini is a pretty unique character. At first I was frustrated with her character not really knowing what to do with her life and her love life. But in the end, it seems like she enjoys learning. Just like at the tea farm when she said "I want to see what it looks like in that mountain in the distance." Her ending was fitting and satisfying in that she didn't end up with a lover and chose to improve herself instead. Just goes to show you don't have to have a lover or get married to enjoy your life.  Although the unrealistic part is how she earned enough in just 3 months in her final job to study abroad -- not to mention she got scammed $65k in the process. I also liked the scene where she sees her ex Liang again who dropped the same line as he did before (going to see aurora lights blah blah blah) and she replied by saying how he still hasn't changed (compared to herself who did change and improved).

Sorry for the long rant! Thank you if you read through it. I'm so sad there isn't more people watching and replying to this thread because it's really a good drama. I heard it's performing really well in China.

Archived