Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

Recommended Posts

clips from the episode 14

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

preview of the episode 15

The chairman is crying... I guess,  he must have realized that JSH got hurt because of him.

He didn't expect YM to perceive the scene with the bike as something important.. The preview showed the incident with the bike, where JSH was forced by the chairman to ride the bike. It seems that YM went to his house back then. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me after last night’s ep

 

giphy.gif

 

Spoiler

Chairman was one step ahead of everyone.  The old man outfoxed the protégée.  IDG has been freed?  How was that even possible given his crimes?  But I will overlook it.  Like I did when the vet escaped from the holiday house (?) despite having so many cops surrounding the place. And how it was possible that a holiday house would have a basement with so many rooms...I would’ve believed a basement cellar or bomb shelter like room but multiple rooms?   I guess he acted as the decoy and YM has got SHoon now.  I was hoping that at the very least they would’ve rescued poor SHoon and gave him proper medical care...

 

I am done with Vader gifs... going with Jack Sparrow (apparently pirates are the poster boys for prosthetics...I wonder why :lol:) I am still holding out that SHoon is coming back to SHui alive. :grimace:

 

75-C246-ED-7-BAF-4-FDF-A250-BEB0-C0-EC52

 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another amazing episode.

Spoiler

I’m going to say it again, the chairman is a good liar and actor. He is a complete nutcase:crazy:

 

When that waste dumper was going to give his statement at the press conference i was going like ohoh!! This can’t be right. why is this so easy and bam!! He went on saying all the nice things about JQ. Then we get his backstory smh
 

YeongMin must be delusional to think he can beat the old man. He has eyes and ears at every corner. Now i”m convince that the chairman doesn’t even care if SangHun is alive.

 

In a way i”m all for YeongMin kicking the chairman’s S.  Maybe that was his intention when he took SangHun. I don’t know at which point the vet got involved but both have the same agenda, getting rid of the chairman and stopping the New Business. But this is where YeongMin and the Vet’s goal differs. YeongMin wants to save JQ in a good way and get rid of the old farts who will be benefiting from the New Business like Hong and the Bareun’s CEO. The Vet is taking revenge for JQ”s crimes of contaminating the land and making all those people sick. 
 

I don’t think YeongMin was a willing participant in the Vet’s scheme. It could be that the Vet took SangHun when he escaped from YeongMin. YeongMin may have relented as it was the only way to save SangHun. He also knew that the chairman will not give up on the land.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nrllee said:

Me after last night’s ep

 

@nrllee Sigh. It was an exhausting episode.

 

Lies/Truth Wars - Episode 14: The Empire Strikes Back

 

Edit: I realised this seemed a little offhand, but I should clarify that the episode is deeply saddening even as I appreciate the writer's ability to still surprise us at this late stage. To keep up the fight really isn't easy. Injustice is rampant. We need all the help we can get sometimes, and even then that might not be enough. 

 

Edited by AC95
Straightening out my thoughts, sigh
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh, all this while i thought the old man depended on IDG to do all the thinking and executing all the dirty job. But, I was wrong. he is the brain of ALL. IDG just finish it up for him. I cannot believe he manages to out do YM and KSH in one night. Makes me wonder who is his spy that is close to YM and SH. Mr Lee (that close to YM) might be his spy but how did he know SH is meeting the ex worker of Jeonggeon Steel??? 

 

Next week is final week. I hope we get the answer and Seo Hui willbe back with Sang Hoon. Don't make him suffer the amputation and all her hardwork in vain writernim. 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

IDG just finish it up for him. I cannot believe he manages to out do YM and KSH in one night. Makes me wonder who is his spy that is close to YM and SH. Mr Lee (that close to YM) might be his spy but how did he know SH is meeting the ex worker of Jeonggeon Steel??? 

Sure thing, IDG is JQ's cleaner, now the chairman really needs him more then ever. He doesn't need SangHun or YeongMin that's why he got him out at lightning speed. He needs him to clean up the mess. Its not hard to figure out how he knew about SH meeting the waste dumper. The last time SH met with the chairman she was going on about the contamination and accusing the old man of cover up. He must have put a tail on her as soon as she left the house. 

 

ps. during the car chase between  TaeSik and the Vet, the Vet kept looking at his watch and the way he was driving its like he buying time when he stops he said 'ok this should be enough'. I suppose he is buying time for YeongMin to do something. 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

ps. during the car chase between  TaeSik and the Vet, the Vet kept looking at his watch and the way he was driving its like he buying time when he stops he said 'ok this should be enough'. I suppose he is buying time for YeongMin to do something.


yeah my thoughts exactly.  He was the decoy.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think K drama and K movies makers owe us another Lee Yoo Young- Lee Jun Hyuk story where both of them are happily married couple without death threats or amputation. They give us their beautiful flashbacks but no guarantee of happy ending for them. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrap up party! 
 

 

lol!!! The two Lee JHs took a pic together 

 

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just completed with subs . JQ chairman is not an easy person to take down . YM definitely underestimated the old man . It bothered me to see him eating heartily with a blurred out picture of Sang Hun in the background. 
 

so what do you guys think the vet did with Sang Hun ? YM has Sang Hun now right ? Vet was helping him to buy  time during the chase . 
————

More from wrap up party . 
LJH & LYY  

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, triplem said:

so what do you guys think the vet did with Sang Hun ? YM has Sang Hun now right ? Vet was helping him to buy  time during the chase . 


Yes that’s what I think...although if you think about it logically, SHoon is missing a foot?  And he would be sedated?  Was it you who mentioned that SHoon was calm during the phone conversation with SHui because he sounded like he wasn’t totally conscious?  Anyway, it would’ve been hard to get him out of the basement alone... he’d be dead weight (no pun intended... I want him back alive for SHui).

 

Preview does seem to show us YM back to his black cap stealth ensemble again so it does look like he’s back to “no good”.

 

It does look like perhaps the vet did everything?  Hand, foot and eye?  Right from the beginning?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, triplem said:

It bothered me to see him eating heartily with a blurred out picture of Sang Hun in the background. 

 

@triplem Yeah, it made my stomach turn; this man doesn't have the slightest compunction :vicx: Guess food has been quite symbolic in this show. The Chairman always speaks like a benign elder statesman even when effectively ordering the deaths of others. But when he started chowing down it hinted at the kind of greed and lust for power that burns inside him. Side musings: Japanese restaurants always seem to be where the powerful broker their deals = profit comes before national interests (?)  

 

The title of Ep 14 was 'Survivor'. In hindsight, wonder whether it was more to do with Chairman Jeong being capable of anything to maintain his company, than Sang-hun's survival :huh:

 

11 hours ago, triplem said:

YM has Sang Hun now right ?

 

Indeed, Sang-hun wouldn't have the strength to leave on his own. So either it's Yeong-min, a neutral driver or yet another accomplice. Last two unlikely but not impossible, since the show has been willing to throw new secondary/tertiary characters in (like the old Jeunggeon employee). If the vet has been keeping Sang-hun alive and managing his pain all this time, whoever has him must get him some medical attention soon, surely. If not, then the last 2 episodes will probably play in real time.

 

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

... dead weight ... It does look like perhaps the vet did everything?  Hand, foot and eye?  Right from the beginning?

 

@nrllee If we take Occam's razor to his *bad pun, sorry*, seems to. I take the point made by others in this thread, though, that k-thrillers tend to be quite convoluted, so the simplest explanation doesn't always apply. So that said, it slightly bugs me that Eps 13 and 14 made so much effort to implicate Yeong-min. What is the writer still hiding up their sleeve?

 

22 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Sure thing, IDG is JQ's cleaner, now the chairman really needs him more then ever.

 

@imgreatgal I'd love to know where In is going and what his orders are. Hunt down Yeong-min? Dispose of Seo-hui? Both...? :unsure:

 

In the clips for Ep 15, there was a flashback of someone kneeling to the Chairman, was it Seo-hui's dad or someone else?

 

On a happier note, the wrap party pics are wonderful, thanks @triplem

  • Like 7
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AC95 said:

If we take Occam's razor to his *bad pun, sorry*, seems to. I take the point made by others in this thread, though, that k-thrillers tend to be quite convoluted, so the simplest explanation doesn't always apply. So that said, it slightly bugs me that Eps 13 and 14 made so much effort to implicate Yeong-min. What is the writer still hiding up their sleeve?


It could very well be the brutality of the hand amputation was enough to assuage his rage (from having lost his son)...and he grew increasingly clinical?  So I can buy the vet being the only person involved.  Still it makes no sense for them to persuade SHui to run for office?  When all they wanted to do was to expose the toxic waste?  SHoon was on their side?  It just seemed like a very convoluted way to finally get to the real underlying reason for the land purchase/business?  The more moving parts you have, the higher the likelihood of failure?

 

I agree about the big reveal about YM...a bit early?  Maybe writer wants to focus on how to take down the Chairman in the final 2 eps and hopefully SHoon back alive and safe in the arms of SHui again.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AC95 said:

In the clips for Ep 15, there was a flashback of someone kneeling to the Chairman, was it Seo-hui's dad or someone else?

I have a feeling its SeoHui's dad. When SeoHui was looking into Jeonggeon Steelwork she chanced upon her dad's name then went on to look  up Jeonggeon Steelwork and saw her dad's photo. It wasn't elaborate upon how he was involve there and SeoHui did not mention it to TaeSik when she told him about Jeonggeon involvement in the contamination.

If it was SeoHui's dad in that scene with the chairman,  how long ago could that be? was it the reason he gave away SeoHui to marry SangHun? Asianwiki plot synopsis says SeoHui married SangHun to benefit both families. The way i see it, its to benefit the chairman and JQ. 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was away, but finally managed to catch up on my way home. Wow. So, YM wasn't able to outwit the chairman and IDG is free. Ugh... I had really wanted YM to prevail, but only if it was for the greater good of course. I had a bad feeling about him trying to oust the chairman through the board of directors and votes so in a way, I'm not exactly surprised that it backfired on him. Totally thought the idea of YM revealing the evil deeds himself and letting JQ spiral down the drain with the old man would have been a sure way though. Ah, oh well.

 

On 11/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, nrllee said:

IDG has been freed?  How was that even possible given his crimes?

 

@nrllee It's the crooked law enforcement system again. The evil old man made a call to the police commissioner then IDG was set free. Quite scary that corruption lets people get away with all sorts of crimes.

 

On 11/24/2019 at 4:09 PM, imgreatgal said:

I don’t think YeongMin was a willing participant in the Vet’s scheme. It could be that the Vet took SangHun when he escaped from YeongMin. YeongMin may have relented as it was the only way to save SangHun. He also knew that the chairman will not give up on the land.

 

@imgreatgal I really don't want to believe that YM is willing to hurt Sang Hun. I wonder if part of the reason why they still have Sang Hun is because he can't be truly safe and let free yet until the evil old man is brought down. Like you had said and I agree, the old man is a complete nutcase!

 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:24 AM, nrllee said:

Preview does seem to show us YM back to his black cap stealth ensemble again so it does look like he’s back to “no good”.

 

Not sure where YM's head is at now, but they all seem to currently share the common goal of taking down the chairman. So, hoping he can at least guide Seo Hui where to secure the evidence needed to finally bring down the evil old man once and for all. YM seems to be saying that her father had possession of the evidence.

 

22 hours ago, AC95 said:

I take the point made by others in this thread, though, that k-thrillers tend to be quite convoluted, so the simplest explanation doesn't always apply. So that said, it slightly bugs me that Eps 13 and 14 made so much effort to implicate Yeong-min. What is the writer still hiding up their sleeve?

 

@AC95 Glad it's not just me. It bugged me too. If only you could see me trying to peer up the writer's sleeves right now. Only thing positive I took away from 13/14 was hearing YM say that it wasn't the position he was after. It would be interesting to see/hear his full side of the story.

 

21 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I have a feeling its SeoHui's dad. When SeoHui was looking into Jeonggeon Steelwork she chanced upon her dad's name then went on to look  up Jeonggeon Steelwork and saw her dad's photo. It wasn't elaborate upon how he was involve there and SeoHui did not mention it to TaeSik when she told him about Jeonggeon involvement in the contamination.

 

Do you remember when we were trying to figure out the dirt that Hong had on KSC? Could the dirt be related to this scenario/the contamination? I don't think we ever found out what was in that envelope that Hong gave to Seo Hui's mom. Would be cool if it came back full circle and finally be explained.

 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, liltash85 said:

i think K drama and K movies makers owe us another Lee Yoo Young- Lee Jun Hyuk story where both of them are happily married couple without death threats or amputation. They give us their beautiful flashbacks but no guarantee of happy ending for them. 

 

@liltash85 I know it's OCN, but I'm still hopeful for a happy ending for the couple. After everything they've been through, they deserve a second chance together with all evil truly behind them. Fingers crossed the finale won't disappoint us.

 

By the way, does anyone think it's likely that we'll get a least a few more flashbacks of Sang Hun and Seo Hui? They would work as a nice mechanism for Sang Hun to finally explain himself to Seo Hui why he had to regretfully distance himself from her.

 

On 11/25/2019 at 2:20 AM, triplem said:

Wrap up party! 

 

@triplem Thanks for sharing photos of the wrap-up party! It's nice to see LJH included as a regular cast member. He looks good - as usual. :wub: The actor playing IDG too. He looks much more handsome smiling like that. :D

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Do you remember when we were trying to figure out the dirt that Hong had on KSC? Could the dirt be related to this scenario/the contamination? I don't think we ever found out what was in that envelope that Hong gave to Seo Hui's mom. Would be cool if it came back full circle and finally be explained.

Yes, in the preview a voice tell SeoHui that her dad has the evidence (whatever that is). Could it be in that envelope? I don't think SeoHui's mom will let go of it that easily.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

Could it be in that envelope? I don't think SeoHui's mom will let go of it that easily.


Good catch.  Completely forgot about the envelope. :o

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OCN better not play with my heart . :lol: They compiled all of Sang Hun & Seo Hui’s scenes . They better send him back to her alive 

 

 

  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, triplem said:

They better send him back to her alive 


I concur.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chairman JYM might have won the last battle but in reality, he is not winning the war as he chose his company over his son. If this was revealed, the chairman would lose his reputation. He has no heir... the moment he dies, his company can be ruled by someone else. JYM is asking KSH to find the evidence her father found out. 

 

By the way, IDG left the prison but I don't think that the chairman YJM perceives him as his future successor. From my point of view, he asked for IDG's release so that the latter would go after YM. Don't forget that IDG is used to do his dirty work. In my opinion, the chairman views IDG as his dog, nothing more.... he needs him to get rid of YM. It would be really interesting if in the end, IDG betrays the chairman, once he gets aware of the chairman's true nature.

 

I am also wondering about the incident with the bike... maybe back then JYM asked the chairman to adopt him since JSH was crying and wouldn't meet the chairman's expectations.

  • Like 10
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...