[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

Do you remember when we were trying to figure out the dirt that Hong had on KSC? Could the dirt be related to this scenario/the contamination? I don't think we ever found out what was in that envelope that Hong gave to Seo Hui's mom. Would be cool if it came back full circle and finally be explained.

Yes, in the preview a voice tell SeoHui that her dad has the evidence (whatever that is). Could it be in that envelope? I don't think SeoHui's mom will let go of it that easily.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chairman JYM might have won the last battle but in reality, he is not winning the war as he chose his company over his son. If this was revealed, the chairman would lose his reputation. He has no heir... the moment he dies, his company can be ruled by someone else. JYM is asking KSH to find the evidence her father found out. 

By the way, IDG left the prison but I don't think that the chairman YJM perceives him as his future successor. From my point of view, he asked for IDG's release so that the latter would go after YM. Don't forget that IDG is used to do his dirty work. In my opinion, the chairman views IDG as his dog, nothing more.... he needs him to get rid of YM. It would be really interesting if in the end, IDG betrays the chairman, once he gets aware of the chairman's true nature.

I am also wondering about the incident with the bike... maybe back then JYM asked the chairman to adopt him since JSH was crying and wouldn't meet the chairman's expectations.

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

By the way, IDG left the prison but I don't think that the chairman YJM perceives him as his future successor. From my point of view, he asked for IDG's release so that the latter would go after YM.

That is true.  But amongst his 3 “sons”, IDG is the most “loyal”.  SHoon has already turned against him and he doesn’t want the throne?  YM has proven untrustworthy.  So who has the chairman left but IDG to bequeath his estate to? 

Btw was it ever revealed why SHoon came home from Germany?  He seemed happy there away from the mess.  Why did he come back and take on the job at JQ?  Or did I miss that detail?

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Btw was it ever revealed why SHoon came home from Germany?  He seemed happy there away from the mess.  Why did he come back and take on the job at JQ?  Or did I miss that detail?

I don`t remember but maybe he came back to stop the new business.

I don`t know how people can be like that. Support the Chairman because they are unscrupulous opportunists, money hungry.

bac6529b932efb2a5c7e0b9bb9939a9842e7da95

Been busy so haven’t stopped by but will try to catch the final episodes.

I cannot predict YM’s state of mind at the moment.  We’ve been told he’s a survivor who always put himself first.  All that we have seen up till now seems to implicate a hostile takeover of JQ. Now that his plan is foiled, I would expect YM to have backup plan B which means what? A natural response would be to take off with your reserved funds to start a new life.  Going after JQ again means a little different, more like revenge, suicidal... perhaps too emotional driven for an opportunist.  Unless he already knows the secrets, the Joker card, that can turn the tide.  I am not sure if I truly believe YM has turned toward his conscience but others here did mention the 11th hour change of character.  I believe more that he YM will find a way to turn Chairman Jeong’s confidants against him, starting with IDG.  Maybe IDG’s personal history is the key, his dad too.  Jeong has been brainwashing IDG to believe his self worth is tied to JQ.  Time to change that.

I think the end means dissolution of JQ.  I don’t believe YM is ready to lose everything so let’s see how he plans to salvage his life from this.

Omg! YM is with Sang Hun

What is YM trying to inject into SH? And did he go bargain with Chairman 

Preview 

Is SH dead or what ? I’m gonna be so mad if that’s the case 

Spoiler

Just watched episode 15. Will put a few developments in the spoilers. Seems like it will be super intense until the very end. Really hoping that the close will not disappoint us.

Spoiler

YM does have Sang Hun now. The vet did use himself as a decoy to allow YM time to take Sang Hun away. This episode did not give the full story of how the vet and YM ended up collaborating together. He only said that they both shared a similar would because of the chairman. The vet lost his adopted son while YM lost CSH. CSH was YM’s girlfriend. Through YM’s narration, he said she was the first person who loved him for who he truly was, but he lost her because of Sang Hun, himself and the chairman/IDG.

The episode ended with YM waiting for the chairman in his hotel room. He wanted them to have an honest conversation together at least once. Apparently, when the chairman adopted Sang Hun, Sang Hun ran away back to the orphanage because he wanted to continue to live with YM. So, the chairman adopted YM as well in order to ensure Sang Hun would stay by his side. YM knew back then that the chairman was only using him for Sang Hun and YM resented him for it. He also said that he hated Sang Hun for easily saying that he didn’t need parents/the chairman, but at the same time, he couldn’t abandon him. 

The chairman said that it was YM who proposed the new business plan. He knew that YM only told him about CSH’s investigation because YM didn’t want CSH to find out the truth that he was a part of the cover-up. YM said he did it because he wanted the chairman to stop her, but not kill her. The chairman retorted that YM was short-sighted for seeing it this way. Basically saying that YM is to blame for her death.

The conversation ends with YM telling the chairman to cancel the new business and confess his crimes/the cover-up in exchange for Sang Hun. We'll see what JYM does (or not do) in the final episode.

Whatever YM injected into Sang Hun shown in the ending scene, I don’t believe his intention is to hurt Sang Hun, but is likely to treat/medicate him in the meantime. I think the main goal is to get the chairman to give himself/JQ up before Sang Hun can be freed. In the end, my gut tells me that Sang Hun will survive, but YM will not.

Regarding IDG, he was freed because his father admitted the crimes in his place. He kneeled and begged the chairman to save his son. Since the chairman still needed IDG to do his dirty work, he devised a way for the father to take the blame. We still see IDG diligently working for the chairman. In the end, I too would like to see IDG turn against the chairman. Although he deserves to be punished for his evil deeds as well, I would like him to finally realize that he was blind and wrong to hold JYM on a pedestal.

Spoiler free:

Ep 15 could have been titled "Sins of the Fathers". Still feel the writer has red herrings and surprises for us right to the end, not so much in terms of big twists (many of the things spotted and postulated on this thread will hit close to home). More on the details of how and why, and giving us character texture. Which is wonderful. 

@taeunfighting   Concur with you on your 'gut feeling' about Yeong-min. 

Hang on tight friends. 

wow! brilliant, they are holding it tight to the very end. After ep15 we are still left wondering if SangHun is still alive.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Apparently, when the chairman adopted Sang Hun, Sang Hun ran away back to the orphanage because he wanted to continue to live with YM.

i brought this up in one of my earlier post after the back scene of Chairman bringing SangHun home and he said to him 'it has been a long time hasn't it" i was right that SangHun ran away to the Orphanage not wanting to be with the Chairman.

6 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

YM said he did it because he wanted the chairman to stop her, but not kill her. The chairman retorted that YM was short-sighted for seeing it this way. Basically saying that YM is to blame for her death.

The chairman is right in a way. He did stopped her by having her transferred to Entertainment News', but that didn't prevent her from further investigating the contamination and that caused her death. YM must have known that the chairman will stop at nothing to cover up his crimes.

Honestly, when Mr Kang picked up SeoHui to the press conference, I knew she will not make it. Mr Kang is loyal to the party after all. He have kept silent all this while to ensure his own survival. Smh

I have a feeling the Vet may also be from the same orphanage as YeongMin and SangHun. I don't think the chairman is capable of any kind of love for this kids he just used and discard them as he pleases. I hope the writer will not have suicide as his end because that just an easy way out for him. 

The old man is a psychopath - I really like the way YM described him - so very poignant and sad - I am paraphrasing: “You seek out people’s weaknesses and use them to strangle these people with their own weaknesses.”

This is KDrama Land, so it has to be melo - Why the heck couldn’t YM just listen to his GF?? Why did he entrusted the old psychopath to just ‘STOP’ his GF??? He must have known how the Psycho Palpatine is like and he TOLD him about his GF’s investigation??? Whyyyyy??? Especially when he had already realised that his GF loved him for WHO he is??? 
Sigh ... 

The characterisation of YM kind of irritates me a bit, but I guess there wouldn’t be a Kdrama if it had been more realistic!

On another note, I am really enjoying Lee Min Ki and Lee Yoo Young’s acting!! Amazing!! In fact, all the cast have done a WONDERFUL job!! Especially the actress who portrays Jin Gyeong (many people were complaining how annoying she was at the beginning of the drama!) - BUT I like her character a lot!! 
Tonight is the FINALE - sigh ... I wonder who would be ‘sacrificed’ - YeongMin or SangHoon? :bawling: As for IDG, as much as I want to hate him, he’s not entirely to be blamed. Episode 15 made me so very angry with all the men who did not deserve to be fathers ... 

Spoiler

Lee Min Ki And Lee Yoo Young Bid Farewell To “The Lies Within” + Raise Anticipation For Finale

Lee Min Ki And Lee Yoo Young Bid Farewell To “The Lies Within” + Raise Anticipation For Finale

Dec 1, 2019
by U. Kim

OCN’s “The Lies Within” only has one episode remaining, and the main leads have shared some words to bid farewell to the drama.

“The Lies Within” follows Kim Seo Hee ( Lee Yoo Young), who becomes a National Assembly member in order to save her husband who disappeared after the mysterious death of her father, and detective Jo Tae Shik (Lee Min Ki), who refuses to leave a single murder unresolved. The two actors presented viewers with chills each week as they did everything they could to unveil the truth. Now, only the unpredictable finale remains.

Lee Min Ki, who enthralled viewers with his sharp rationality and warm heart in his first role as a detective, shared, “I want to thank our viewers for joining us. I hope that the drama’s message gave you energy in some way or another. I hope you will spend the end of the year healthily and happily. I will return as an improved actor.”

Lee Yoo Young also impressed with her perfect portrayal of a woman who went as far as becoming an National Assembly member to save her husband. She expressed, “I sincerely thank the staff who worked hard for six months and the actors who always encouraged Seo Hee. It was hard, and I do feel regretful, but it will remain as a fond memory because we all worked hard on it together. I want to tell our viewers who showed lots of love for ‘The Lies Within’ that I’m truly thankful.”

Spoilers

Spoiler

lee-yoo-young-lee-min-ki.jpg

In episode 15, Jo Tae Shik and Kim Seo Hee were faced with another obstacle. They followed the traces of Jin Young Min (On Joo Wan), but they were not able to find Jung Sang Hoon (Lee Joon Hyuk). Though they tried to reveal document proof of the agreement about concealing the fact that Jung Gun Iron Works was the source of the pollution, president Jung Young Moon (Moon Chang Gil) stopped them from doing so. The newly revealed stills show Jo Tae Shik and Kim Seo Hee with undecipherable expressions, making viewers wonder what exactly will take place in the finale.

The final episode of “The Lies Within” airs on December 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST

https://www.soompi.com/article/1368875wpp/lee-min-ki-and-lee-yoo-young-bid-farewell-to-the-lies-within-raise-anticipation-for-finale

Just finished Ep15.  That drug that YM is thinking of injecting into SHoon?  It’s Euthal (I think)...it the euthanasia drug used by vets for animals.  Basically it’s a barbiturate (pentobarbital) and when you overdose on it, you pretty much die.  In lower doses it will sedate.  But if you overdose on it, it will kill you.  I can’t see the concentration he’s using but the syringe is small so I am doubtful it’s enough to kill a human male.  Here’s hoping that it’s reality and not drama logic.  Drama logic may deem any dose is large enough to kill a human.  :tears:

Guess we will find out tonight...but it’s kinda premature for YM to kill SHoon beforehand though?  He was talking to the Chairman and asked him to choose between SHoon and the company?  To kill him before the Chairman actually made his choice wouldn’t make sense.  Unless YM was already on a suicide Mission when he made up his mind to have a heart to heart with the Chairman so he decided to kill SHoon first before heading there because he never planned on getting out of there (the hotel) alive.

Live recaps 

Spoiler

IDG checks to see If chairman is ok after YM has left . Chairman thinks back of a time when he and Sang Hun went camping , old man tears up . Guess he really loves SH 

IDG picks Seo Hui up . She texts the opposition assemblyman , the one who has been helping her

TS & JG looks at some map & goes to the orphanage to look for YM

SH is at the JQ ceremony. Chairman gives speech . Then they were about to unveil something & it was a man‘s heart

oh god

TS & JG arrived at an abandoned warehouse & it was a covered body . Sobs!!!!!!! It’s Sang Hun . He’s dead I think 

why???? Why did they do this 

Spoiler

At the event we see YM .....
The heart extraction I believe was recorded as there was a video camera left there 

YM calls TS tells him where he is 

IDG meets YM at the roof TOP . 
long conversation there btwn the two . 
I think YM is trying to turn IDG against chairman but IDG got so mad that he was going to kill YM with a knife but held back but YM pulled the knife to himself & stabs himself . 
TS & cops arrive and they catch IDG . I think YM dies as TS tried to ask him why he did this 

Archived