[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

@40somethingahjumma @nrllee @triplem @AC95 After watching the episode, I have more the impression that JSH is not really a hostage. He was rather calm for someone who has been amputated three times. Furthermore, he didn't seem to panic when he heard the footsteps and the door was opened. In my opinion, he is working with this person. So he is not the mastermind but either he has become an accomplice or he is suffering from Stockholm Syndrom.

However, I maintain what I wrote in my last post. The person behind it resents an absolute hatred for the chairman Jeong YM and JQ. The chairman is the real target and it is not just about the new business. This episode marks the turning point for the chairman JYM, he can no longer maintain his reputation as a loving father and as philanthropist. The news that he chose JYM as new CEO won't be well perceived because people see that the chairman is still more preoccupied with his business than with the disappearance of his son.

Notice that with the scandal, the investors are getting scared and the value of JQ's stock shares is dropping. In other words, the mastermind wants to weaken JQ which will make JYM and IDG more desperate to make this new business come true. 

The journalist Choi SH mentioned to IDG "the horrible things" done by the chairman and JQ. What are these "horrible things"? What caught my attention is the interview of the prosecutor talking about a case of the murdered Park whose body was hung up at the entrance of the village. The culprit was a young man who had been abused by Park and the whole village did nothing as they chose not to believe the boy. So the hatred was not just against the murdered Park but also against the village that was perceived by the culprit as an accomplice.

And here I see parallels between the two cases. The mastermind chose to act like that after witnessing that each attempt to bring light to the horrible things (in my opinion abuse) was terminated. The assemblyman Kim and the journalist Choi got killed. We have to assume that she must have found a witness in order to mention the horrible things to IDG.

KYP was killed for this following reason: KYP wanted to reveal the truth to KSH in exchange for money. If she had heard the truth, she would have been in danger. Besides, the culprit wanted the bill to be passed and IDG to purchase the land. So KYP was jeopardizing his plan. I sense that the mastermind had already planned everything, especially the timing. He needed IDG to buy the land because so far, it was still in CCD's hand. Now, the land officially belongs to a fake company. Since IDG is the chairman's right-hand man, if they find something suspicious on this land, then this can be linked directly to the chairman.

And this focus on the land reminded me of the case of JSI's sister. The girl disappeared, kidnapped by a man who mostly abused her and buried her in the soil... We have two cases of abuse in this drama: JTS's sister and the murdered Park, a perpetrator. I suspect that JSH might have been abused as well due to the incident with the bike and the words he said to JYM: "You are well aware of all the things my father has done to me". As conclusion, the horrible things could be related to the murders of abused children.

We heard from the sister from that orphanage that the chairman would give a lot of presents to the children of that orphanage. Then we discovered that Eun Seong's file was erased. This is important because it means that the chairman had the means to erase the existence of an orphan and nobody would notice it.

As for Jin YM, I am more and more suspecting that JYM might have not been jealous of JSH for a long time, when his "best friend" confided to him that he was abused. He had been able to live next to the chairman (college, house aso) without getting abused. Yet he only resented JSH, when the latter was about to take the benefit from his "hard work" and when his girlfriend decided to help JSH. The chairman and the girlfriend had in the decisive moment chose JSH over him, who was far superior (stronger mentally and physically) in his eyes. While I believe that IDG is helping the chairman because he wants to get rich through the new business (for him the chairman is the most secure source of income), for JYM the chairman represents the father he has been longing for. As long as he gets recognition, he is happy. JYM is well aware of the horrible things done by the chairman JYM but he doesn't care as he is not touched. On the other side, he is not aware that this new position could represent his doom as the chairman is willing to let JYM become the scapegoat in case the project fails. JYM has overlooked the wrongdoings of the chairman because he could always take benefit from it. He wasn't abused, killed or sent to a mental facility against his will. 

Don't you find it striking that the chairman and JYM share the same letters in their names, JYM???

I don't think that this is a coincidence that everything started happening when JTS was sent to Songju. In my opinion, the mastermind wanted to have JTS there for the investigation, just like he wanted SH to become an assemblywoman in order to stop the chairman's plan and reveal the truth. SH can use the support from the citizens (Songju).

Possible theory:

Spoiler

The mastermind knows that the case of JTS's sister could be linked to this scandal. Maybe there was a witness, a young boy, and no one believed him, when he claimed that the chairman was the culprit. Maybe after this case, the chairman decided to choose a different MO: take children from orphanage so that no one would file someone as missing. His son JSH had died and no one knew that which he used to his advantage.

Remember that the journalist Choi and JSH were looking at the map so the location is very important. Maybe they want to use the new business in order to ensure that the buried bodies there remain uncovered forever. We shouldn't forget that JTS thinks that JQ is determined to build the new business on that land in order to take a profit... But what if there is another bigger motive behind this move? JQ is so determined to have this new business on that land!!   

Concerning JTS's superior: he is not just a spy, he also committed a crime in my opinion. He must have tampered evidence at the journalist's place. Notice that he was the one who found the bottle of antidepressants. From my point of view, he is the one who brought the bottle there. Now, he has to stop JTS and the others because his crime will be discovered. His lies (he would be fired if his mistake was revealed) were so obvious. The culprit knows that the police and the media (Bareun newspapers) are working for the chairman. But now, with the focus of media, it will be more and more difficult for the chairman to have everything under control. JTS and SH can no longer be stopped. The culprit knew about SH's determination.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bebebisous33 great points.  I saw the parallels as well with the news story and “horrible things” mentioned...and straight away my mind went to child abuse... there’s something seriously wrong with the Chairman’s psychological state - especially evident in the bicycle scene with young EunSeong.  I wonder if YM is helping SHoon now.  He seems involved but not involved?  Maybe that’s why he seems duplicitous.  Your theory about child abuse victims could be correct.  We’ll have to wait and see. :)

The other thing I couldn’t work out was when YM appeared in the whole JQ set up?  He was not adopted along with EunSeong.  I thought they were adopted together but it was only EunSeong the Chairman took.  When did YM come to the household?  Did I miss that somewhere?

1 minute ago, nrllee said:

@bebebisous33 great points.  I saw the parallels as well with the news story and “horrible things” mentioned...and straight away my mind went to child abuse... there’s something seriously wrong with the Chairman’s psychological state - especially evident in the bicycle scene with young EunSeong.  I wonder if YM is helping SHoon now.  He seems involved but not involved?  Maybe that’s why he seems duplicitous.  Your theory about child abuse victims could be correct.  We’ll have to wait and see. :)

The other thing I couldn’t work out was when YM appeared in the whole JQ set up?  He was not adopted along with EunSeong.  I thought they were adopted together but it was only EunSeong the Chairman took.  When did YM come to the household?  Did I miss that somewhere?

JYM lived with the butler that's why he got a nickname at school. He was JSH's lakai.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

YM who was good in everything was sidelined both in their childhood and even now with this new business . I won't write him off yet as the mastermind behind what's happening with SH because jealousy is a strong motivator . He does not need to be the one cutting off the body parts...he can easily give instructions for someone else to do it.

When YM was questioned by JTS about the tyre marks in the forest he admitted it was his and that he had gone to find JSH after receiving his call. However he lied saying JSH didn't show up. We saw that he ran after JSH when the latter refused to meet the chairman. We were not shown if YM caught up with JSH.  You are right that he may not be the one cutting the limbs.  If indeed he is the culprit he must have some pent up rage to do such grisly act. 

@triplem @imgreatgal To me, YM can not be the one who is involved in the amputations because his only goal was to ensure that the new business is saved and in the best case he becomes the CEO. That's why bringing him back to the chairman was the best he could do for his own interests. However, his actual nomination is putting him in a bad spot, although on the surface, it looks like he gained something. People will talk behind his back for becoming the new CEO, while JSH has been tortured and there is no proof of his death. Furthermore, after the hurdles for next week, I doubt that YM will be safe from trouble. Besides, I doubt that the butcher is seeking JSH's death, quite the opposite.

The mastermind is playing with YM, JYM and IDG... all three are involved in the "horrible things". YM turned a blind eye, IDG covered it up and the chairman was the perpetrator. Remember that Choi complained that only JSH didn't turn away from her and wanted to help her.   

@nrllee@larus@bebebisous33@bedifferent@40somethingahjumma@ktcjdrama@liltash85@triplem@imgreatgal and everyone in this thread. Just finished watching episodes 6 to 8. Thanks for all your posts and theories. Good to see  we're all enjoying this.

Here's my  very layman's take for this drama after watching epsiodes 6, 7 and 8. TS said there are four suspects.  Hong. Chairman J. IDG, and YM.

Well.. the title for episode 7 is "Jealousy" and that is either for YM (or IDG.. jealous of YM). So the scene when YM was washing hands it wer. As if washing traces of whatever he has dones using them. He look like he spaced out shock or mortified. Then he lied to TS and co about S-hun not showing up ( He admitted tire marks from his car,  S-hun called him up for help and he was going to ge him out).

TS said one of them is lying. IDG said he didn't see S-hun but scrape the car. YM said S-hun didn't show up.

1. IDG knew S-hun was in the woods and met up with YM (saw the car left with trunk open) but he didn't see him or S-Hun He only stepped on the slipper of S-hun. He knew already YM was chasing after S-hun. So...perhaps, he actually found S-hun afterwards? Lying in the woods with cuts and brought him somewhere.

2. YM could have caught up with him ( again running, fell/roll down the woods, injured) and brought him somewhere.

The three of them were running in the woods IDG chasing YM who was chasing SH.

TS they don't have evidence which one took S-hun. So they are basing  timeline and date of the dismembered body parts showing up.

IDG and YM have alibis. IDG at the factory, while YM.  The team members didn't see him when he said he  brought them snacks.

Chairman J is also having someone tail every movement of YM. But the driver YM already told him Chairman J having someone tailing him.  IDG carrying the box place it on YM desk. Ym drove to secluded waste factory and burned the  SJ uniformed wich was  insside the box. He was scared or panic  he had it burned.

TS had YM arrested for interrogation.. believing that he abducted S-hun. Know's where S-hun and was the one who ddid the things to S-hun. YM denied this and said he was being set up (pretty sure by IDG). S-Hui watching the interrogation told TS to ask  YM if he ever fel jealous of S-hun for bein the one  adopted by the chairman, being the one made CEO... to which YM answered no. And when asked if wants SH come back alive......

(Ep8) he mentioned how S-hun cried and got scared when he though the pinky fingernail when it got stuck betwen the door. that S-hun cried and it made YM annoyed  but always remember it so he would tease him about it wven when they adult already.  Yes he wants to see S-hum comeback alive.

After having said that.... YM from the flashback. Yes I think he was jealous that Chairman took S-hun. I think he was sad that S-hun was taken away from him. He acted like the big brother to S-hun. Taking care of him being that someone. So there is that bond between them.  I actually felt said for YM during the flashback when he cried in the arms of the nun.

Then the flashback for Su Yeon, the woman/repoerter from Bareun who jumpred from the building. It was IDG who left the suicide note. It was IDG who.. we didn't see but probably pushed her. He was drinking with her that night ( hence the two glass on the sink). IDG then recommened YM to Chairman  the company needs new face because of all the events.. he did so as to make him a scapegoat should something not good happen with company.  But YM and IDG both agree about CSY.. nothing should come out of it as it will affect the business. YM ask IDG to make sure of that as he's responsibe for business plan. YM and IDG have this animosity As if they're trrying to see who will gain in the Chairman's favor.

TS has four suspects displayed on the board. Hong. Chairman J. IDG, and YM. He said  lets see which one of you is the culprit (as per sub).  So we therefore conclude... one of these four is behind all of this.  Or....

Based on the last scene.... S-hun alive in warehouse strapped in the chair with bandage on one of his eye dismember parts of his body. Bu there was an Ivy drip. My obseravtion. He looked well for a someone whos body parts were dismembered. He look weary and sweaty. No traces of scabs on his face no injuriues. But through the shadows and  brief glimpse we see the bandages on the legs and

If you've seen webtoon Killing Stalking. S-hun sorta like Yoon Bum.

So after seeing that last scene...Chingus here also said perhaps it's S-Hun doing that. Bu then again why would you deliberately cut your limbs, remove eyes.. when it's clear he got even scared of losing a pinky fingernail. Plus the flashback shows he  cres for S-hui. Yes he did have anxiety.. and probably pyschologically he's not stable. I suspect this started when he was young, leaving the orpahnage without YM. Chairman calling him S-hun even though he said he's name is Euon sung. 

I don't even have a clue who's the culprit. I think YM knows where S-hun is. But one thing I can be sure. I don't like IDG

In conlclusion after watching the episodes I love most the scenes of TS. Telling off S-Hui. Giving her piece of his mind about investigating and nformation sharine. I enjoyed watching Lee Min Ki. Would like to see some more of  emotions.

59 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Besides, I doubt that the butcher is seeking JSH's death, quite the opposite.

This is true . I thought it convenient that the left foot & left hand were amputated. Most ppl are right handed ( and you could still drive with your right leg ) so SH could still function without the left limbs ..

I get that the possibility of YM being the mastermind is not exactly a strong theory and it does seem that whoever is doing this is not actually trying to help JQ because it seems to have the opposite effect . Also because SH has depression or some psychological disorder, it is possible for him to resort to self-mutilation to expose JQ Chairman’s crimes . I am not surprised if all those dots on the map which we saw earlier are burial plots of missing / abused kids . 

There are also some inconsistencies to the amputations - hand was not by a skilled “butcher” but the eye ball was . I still have one thing I can’t reconcile - the butcher’s knife supposedly used to cut Sang Hun and was planted to make KPY seem like the guilty party . 

@triplem Don't forget that KPY betrayed the union and workers. He could gamble because CCD supported him. So the culprit wanted not only to torment him for his betrayal but also to use him in order to destroy the alliance between JQ, CCD and KPY. Notice that little by little IDG, YM and the chairman are doubting each other. These doubts and incidents caused the alliance to be weakened and it is about to explode. At some point, they will betray each other. As long as they had a common goal, everything was fine... however, it has changed. Everyone is trying to save his own interests.  

After watching epi 8, I don’t think Sang Hoon is the mastermind to cut him self. I am saying this based on timeline. 

14/02 : CSY death and JSH fought with his FIL

3/03 : Assembly man KSC death and JSH taken to mental hospital. 

6/03 : JSH missing from hospital. 

I don’t think someone can plan this kind of gruesome plan in 2 weeks. This kind of crazy way of revenge needs months to years of planning because the want needs to be amputated needs to be trained to endure certain pain (though they will be sedated when being cut) but still, the effect after is painful as you are missing your limbs and eyeball! 

This is just my logical theory. 

I think there is someone else behind all this. 

@bebebisous33

Seems like you were on a roll overnight. ;)

I can't chat for long but I just wanted to say that my mind had already gone in that direction -- the child abuse angle -- primarily because the chairman's right and left hands seem to be boys he managed to pick up and groom for specific roles. It would also partly explain why S-hun took off as soon as he could. 

I also think this is somehow related to the orphanage that the boys were at and it wouldn't surprise me if the mastermind was also a resident of the orphanage which could explain S-hun's compliance in this rather macabre (and quite likely sordid) affair. 

I also agree that YM is highly unlikely to be the mastermind of what is increasingly becoming a convoluted revenge plot. He doesn't fit the profile that we've been given. I don't think any of the 3 top people at JQ fit the timeline. Of the three, IDG is the one who's the enforcer... the one who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. and using whatever means necessary to clean up after the chairman. 

Sang-hun seems to be getting some level of medical care... if the final scene of the last episode is to be believed. Everything we have heard about what's happened to him has been fed to us by the ME. So we can't discount entirely the ME's involvement in this whole affair... to misdirect and add confusion to the chaos. 

We still don't know how deep the plot goes. There may be some kind of conspiracy at play. This is an OCN drama after all. ;)

I agree @liltash85.  The only thing that makes me believe it’s a possibility that SHoon is still the mastermind is because of the modus operandi of Lee JoonHyuk ( @triplem can vouch for this).  He has this strange predilection in choice of roles - the bizarre appeals to him. :lol:.  Initially I thought that perhaps he departed from his MO because he’s not even in the listed cast and is supposed to just “cameo” (and I thought he did it as a favour to his label mate LYY).  For a cameo, he sure is in a lot of scenes :lol: so far...so I am still thinking he could potentially be the mastermind despite the “ick” factor (you have to be of a depraved mind to be self mutilating...piecemeal... :crazy:). 

More speculation on the Renewable Energy Bill and the Election

Sorry, I keep coming back to this as it's been bothering me since the beginning. The show has given us a few threads that hint at a larger conspiracy:

1. The Renewable Energy Bill
    • Why is it so vital to push this national bill forward? If it were just about getting a piece of land or silencing victims of abuse, wouldn't a big payoff suffice?
  2. Songju, a disproportionately important city
    • What's so great about Songju? Even Seo-hui's fellow Assembly Member (frustrated glasses-guy) pressed Yeong-min about it, who responded that the location was key because of 'distribution costs of energy'.
    • What were the weird circles that Sang-hun drew on the map that he showed his father-in-law when they secretly conferred at the hotel? The same things which he discussed with the murdered reporter Choi Su-hyeon?
  3. The Presidential Election
    • What is the significance of getting an ally of JQ into the Blue House, beyond the Renewable Energy Bill? Surely the Bill was already passed in Ep 7? Are there additional difficulties in implementing the Bill/Act once it's passed?

Something tugged at me when they showed the flashback of Yeong-min doing his internal presentation on energy. His powerpoint had a chart graphic of historical and future energy mix. The big glaring item in red was "Nuclear". The placement of it relative to how Yeong-min stands and looks at the screen is, I think, significant given the use of visual metaphor in this drama. When I went to the official site, I noticed they also posted this scene under "Photographic Evidence":

http://program.tving.com/ocn/thelieswithin/7/Board/View?b_seq=18  (scroll to just past midway, sorry, it won't let me post individual photos).

Ambiguously, nuclear is classified on the border between renewable energy and fossil fuels. In international energy policy, nuclear is commonly classified as 'alternative energy'.

If the hidden secret was that JQ's "New Business" is really about nuclear energy and the storage of nuclear waste, it would explain many things.

1. The Renewable Energy Bill could really be a cover legislation for the entry of all kinds of alternatives including nuclear, with incentives for special businesses.  South Korea is 30% powered by nuclear energy currently, JQ could be one of the major plant operators. As with many countries, long term storage of nuclear waste is a problem. Plants often keep the waste onsite but capacity is limited and "not in my backyard" has prevented a consolidated waste repository from being created*. In the context of this drama, where could JQ have been putting the waste so far? Has it leaked before and caused cancer clusters? Is that why the child pictured with Sang-hun in the Ep 9 teasers is wearing a bandanna, because he/she is undergoing chemotherapy? Are the circles on the map future burial sites for spent fuel rods?
  2. Songju makes sense as a potential waste site because it is a backwater city, yet close enough to Seoul. They might be either thinking of building a plant there + repository / processing site, or just the waste repository. Yeong-min's statement about distribution cost therefore makes sense. Nuclear is used for baseload, not intermittent or marginal power. You'd want to site it close enough to the capital yet far enough away because of the contamination risk. It could also mean Songju is central enough that waste from multiple plants could be transported there.
  3. The Presidency is important because implementation is not going to happen overnight, even once the bill is passed. The cover of 'renewable energy' will only last for a little while. With something as important as Korea's energy/fuel mix, you would need the highest levels of approval because it impacts many things downstream. Not to mention controlling any backlash from Songju residents.

Then other little threads would also make sense. The fact that Sang-hun was initially happy to helm the business thinking it was clean energy (Germany is a leader in renewable energy like solar and wind, so he might have had opportunities to learn about it there) - imagine his horror when the new business turns out to be about nuclear waste instead. The fact that foreign investors are involved in the new business (could the site process waste for other countries?). The fact that this is a big enough issue to kill and be killed for. The need for Sang-hun to get the help of the then-most-likely candidate for the Presidency, his father-in-law. The impetus for his father-in-law to break ties with his own party. I think Seo-hui's dad might initially have been open to the idea of nuclear energy / waste processing in Songju. But once he saw the map and the extent of it, once the reporter was murdered over it, he couldn't go through with it. I wonder if there's also a thread leading toTae-sik (or at least giving him extra motivation), since his mother is ill (with cancer?).

This is just my speculation as energy is one of my pet interests. I think other theories on this forum are also internally consistent and could well be the final answer.

* Further reading on waste piling up and intermediate storage

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nuclearsouthkorea/south-korea-to-pick-spent-nuclear-fuel-site-by-2028-eyes-overseasstorage-idUSKCN1050K1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyeongju_nuclear_waste_disposal_facility

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

We have two cases of abuse in this drama: JTS's sister and the murdered Park, a perpetrator. I suspect that JSH might have been abused as well due to the incident with the bike and the words he said to JYM: "You are well aware of all the things my father has done to me". As conclusion, the horrible things could be related to the murders of abused children.

This is a  plausible and internally consistent theory; the picture of Sang-hun with a child in the photo could also align with that. It would be pretty horrifying if the Chairman &/or others in JQ are the perps, but also emotionally satisfying when they are brought to justice.

Good points @AC95.  Yeah there’s some other reason why SongJu has been earmarked for the power plant.  Distribution is one thing but surely you have to actually harvest the energy first BEFORE you distribute??  If the site is not ideal for wind turbines or solar panels, then why bother?  I like your theory about a nuclear site potential.  The other rather unsavoury possibility is a child prostitution ring and the little circled areas are where their bodies are buried.  :tears:

1 hour ago, AC95 said:

The Renewable Energy Bill could really be a cover legislation for the entry of all kinds of alternatives including nuclear, with incentives for special businesses.  South Korea is 30% powered by nuclear energy currently, JQ could be one of the major plant operators. As with many countries, long term storage of nuclear waste is a problem. Plants often keep the waste onsite but capacity is limited and "not in my backyard" has prevented a consolidated waste repository from being created*. In the context of this drama, where could JQ have been putting the waste so far? Has it leaked before and caused cancer clusters? Is that why the child pictured with Sang-hun in the Ep 9 teasers is wearing a bandanna, because he/she is undergoing chemotherapy? Are the circles on the map future burial sites for spent fuel rods?

Good points thank you. However i'm confused. If this is JQ 'New Business' it would mean it wasn't in their current set-up or have they been operating without approval?  If the circles are FUTURE burial sites for the spent fuel rods, how was that to leak now and cause cancer?

17 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

Good points thank you. However i'm confused. If this is JQ 'New Business' it would mean it wasn't in their current set-up or have they been operating without approval?  If the circles are FUTURE burial sites for the spent fuel rods, how was that to leak now and cause cancer?

I think @AC95 meant that JQ already had nuclear energy sites elsewhere.  Nuclear power is always problematic because of the waste it leaves behind.  What do you do with it?  If JQ had been burying the waste from existing plants which has inadvertently leaked leading to suspicious cancer clusters this may have been what CSY was investigating with SHoon.  The circles may be potential future burial plots for the waste rods from this new site  (which they are trying to get approved as a wind/solar plant- which makes no sense because of the location).  

3 hours ago, AC95 said:

If the hidden secret was that JQ's "New Business" is really about nuclear energy and the storage of nuclear waste, it would explain many things.

1. The Renewable Energy Bill could really be a cover legislation for the entry of all kinds of alternatives including nuclear, with incentives for special businesses.  South Korea is 30% powered by nuclear energy currently, JQ could be one of the major plant operators. As with many countries, long term storage of nuclear waste is a problem. Plants often keep the waste onsite but capacity is limited and "not in my backyard" has prevented a consolidated waste repository from being created*. In the context of this drama, where could JQ have been putting the waste so far? Has it leaked before and caused cancer clusters? Is that why the child pictured with Sang-hun in the Ep 9 teasers is wearing a bandanna, because he/she is undergoing chemotherapy? Are the circles on the map future burial sites for spent fuel rods?
  2. Songju makes sense as a potential waste site because it is a backwater city, yet close enough to Seoul. They might be either thinking of building a plant there + repository / processing site, or just the waste repository. Yeong-min's statement about distribution cost therefore makes sense. Nuclear is used for baseload, not intermittent or marginal power. You'd want to site it close enough to the capital yet far enough away because of the contamination risk. It could also mean Songju is central enough that waste from multiple plants could be transported there.
  3. The Presidency is important because implementation is not going to happen overnight, even once the bill is passed. The cover of 'renewable energy' will only last for a little while. With something as important as Korea's energy/fuel mix, you would need the highest levels of approval because it impacts many things downstream. Not to mention controlling any backlash from Songju residents.

I wasn't going to get sucked in further into the discussion ;)  (only so many hours in a day) but since you raised some pertinent points I will chime in. 

My understanding from the snippets I've seen regarding the renewable energy bill is that there are massive amounts of government subsidies involved and a big chunk of it will be channelled to fund Assemblyman Hong's presidential bid. Or whomever the candidate of the supported party happens to be. As most of you will know, much (if not most) of renewable energy projects are heavily subsidized by government because the outlay is high and there's a global push to reduce fossil fuel use yadiyaya. We're talking about billions of dollars of taxpayer dollars for the taking. As far as I can recall we haven't been told if solar, wind or natural gas is involved. One of the many downsides to renewables is the need for large land area which could be used a whole range of other purposes eg residential, commercial etc. There hasn't been any talk of an environmental impact study so potentially there could be issues with wildlife dislocation or even human health. Wind turbines have been linked to the deaths of rare endangered species of birds as well as noise pollution and solar panels are also super difficult to dispose of.

However, from what the dissenting assemblyman said, Songju is not even a good location for generating renewable energy. So whatever they want the land for, it's not for the generation of wind energy. I can't imagine solar farms being on the card for too many places in SK but my knowledge of geography in that part of the world is limited.

Why the land in Songju? Maybe I've been watching too many of these dramas of late ;) but it could be where the bodies are buried.  Carrying on from the theory of child abuse and the orphanage, who knows what skeletons can be turned over in that yukky closet. On top of that, the chairman has got tentacles everywhere connected to all areas of life... willing minions who will do his bidding at the drop of his hat to cover things up for him. A young journalist was snuffed out... who knows what other nefarious deeds were performed to cover up the chairman's business and extracurricular activities. 

If the chairman funds A. Hong's campaign, the expectation is that if he wins then he will have him in his pocket. 

Of course it's mostly speculation at this point.

Hi everyone! I have started  reading all the comments only from yesterday! All very excellent speculations & analysis!
Could anyone please tell me what is the title of the OST & who sang it? Were there more than one song?? Very lovely song!! I tried to check up but I can’t seem to find the info!

Thanks very much!

1 hour ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Hi everyone! I have started  reading all the comments only from yesterday! All very excellent speculations & analysis!
Could anyone please tell me what is the title of the OST & who sang it? Were there more than one song?? Very lovely song!! I tried to check up but I can’t seem to find the info!

Thanks very much!

I can only find this on YouTube by Donna.

That Sang Hoon's scene gave me goosebumps. We don't know how big the conspiracy and the lies within. I remember the doctor said that whoever did this to Sang Hoon, he should be understand really well about medical. There's a pro behind the mutilation. The culprit also sent a video to Seo Hui of Sang Hoon. So, I disagree with the speculation of Sang hoon mutilates himself. And It's not In Dong Gu or Young Min's action right.. 

Archived