[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

16 hours ago, triplem said:

If you have time , I would recommend this - 1st two eps was pretty good . I was wondering if I should have tagged you because LJH has a very big cameo :D

I wasn't that impressed with the first half of the Episode 1. Maybe I'm getting cranky in my old age... but sheesh... so many obnoxious/silly/unlikable people... and I'm not even talking about the baddies!

;)

But thankfully I persevered and the second half was so much better when the real investigation started to kick in. The male lead started doing his due diligence and started thinking like a real cop rather than being the straight guy in a comedy duo. That was a relief. I still don't like his sidekick much although she has her moments.

Speaking of LJH, I've always liked LJH's hands but honestly I much prefer them attached to the rest of his body. I am grateful that we didn't get his beautiful face in that box instead... (that could change of course... I'm only done with the first episode) 

Yes, grateful for any small mercies in an OCN drama about murder and mayhem.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes, grateful for any small mercies in an OCN drama about murder and mayhem.

Ditto.  Ep1 had me tensing up every time the camera panned in on children playing...both times the child witnesses gore... they’ll need therapy :mellow:

Question Is this drama a pre-production???  I have feeling we will be mislead a lot in this drama. 
1. That women who killed herself at the be of Ep 1? Made me think Hubby was having an affair??

2. Turns out hubby and FIL was working together on a mystery? 
3. When was hubby kidnapped?? I fee hubby was kidnapped first before FIL died?

4. Hubby’s father seems very evil . He seems to be very fake toward hi DIL? 
5. SH was blackmailed with her husband’s corpse with phones video? FIL -> Did he give his ok to scare DIL ??
6. Reall culprit used her as bait or conspirators on the death of her husband?

Will come back with more of my POV

[HanCinema's News] "The Lies Within" Gains Momentum in Rebroadcasts

Save

2019/10/17 | 177 views | Permalink

photo1112157.jpg

"The Lies Within" was largely an unknown quantity when it first aired. The OCN drama centers around a detective who can't leave any death unnoticed. Lee Min-ki was cast in the lead role, and though the actor is well-known, viewers weren't sure how to place him in the style of a hard-boiled OCN detective serial.

Viewers have been surprised to find that Lee Min-ki's naturalistic acting style that has made him popular in romances translates quite well to the serial mystery format. His character's extremely sharp demeanor when it comes to seeing through lies is reminiscent of his often blunt outlook as a lead in romances.

Lee Yoo-young has also found appreciative fans in her role as the apparently normal woman trying to cope with her father's death and her husband's disappearance while in the midst of politically motivated media appearances. Lee Yoo-young is best known for her subtle roles in minor films, and "The Lies Within" has been her first real mainstream exposure.

The production company behind "The Lies Within" explained the apparently unusual casting of the drama by stating that the actors had perfect understanding and enthusiasm for their characters. As interest in the drama grows, it would seem that faith in their abilities was not misplaced.

Written by William Schwartz

16 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

Lee Yoo-young is best known for her subtle roles in minor films, and "The Lies Within" has been her first real mainstream exposure.

Err writer needs to do his research.  She was splendid in Tunnel.  And she was just as good in Dear Judge.  They were pretty main stream?  :huh:

I am glad it’s building momentum.  I am waiting to see how it will unfold.  Lots of questions in my mind which need answers :lol:

Just finished episode 3, and I will again say, I will be SHOCKED if the medical examiner, Soo-Jung, is not involved in this whole 'kidnapping' 'corruption' 'revenge' whatever it is: she is the one all the body parts are going back to, and she is the one who always identifies them to be his or that, and she is the one who is most probably providing them from storage to the actual killer / criminal (my bet is still on Ho Gyu, the younger detective who used to work in JQ, though now Young-Min doesn't look all innocent either, maybe he offed the girl and removed all the people who knew his secret) - and no one has yet connected the father and husband's disappearance with the girl's 'suicide' - I think corruption is just a side role in this; the real tale / question is who was that girl and why anyone would want Seo-Hee to be in assembly (or likes to see her get tortured.) Sang-Hun is alive and may yet return in one-piece to Seo-Hee by the end of this drama (she obviously loves him and vice versa, unless she's a psycho byutch who did away with him because of the girl or something - highly unlikely at this point, because audience has to root for someone, and it has to be her as the underdog who has been lied to, and is suffering - I mean, the girl is getting hit by eggs! Someone enjoys seeing her tortured: maybe it's Young-Min for rejecting him in favor of the CEO's son? or the ME, Soo-Jung for destroying her children's lives, helping Ho Gyu exact revenge on 2 families for the price of one, etc. etc.)

I updated my timeline with what we saw in episode 3, please correct me.

Months before:  Choi  Chi-deok (Song-ju RMC CEO) bought parcels of land where future solar plant will be (est 20 billion won) with money funded from unknown source (JQ?).   Kim Pil-Yeon (RMC union leader) took out gamble loans, funded by Choi as kick back.  Choi holds 1000 constituent votes in Song-ju, which he plans to give to Kim Seo-hui's party for the upcoming by-election, and has a close working relation ship with Congressman Hong.  Congressman Hong (in same party as Assembly Kim) holds allegiance to JQ CEO Jeong.

1 month before (~2/19)  Song-ju prosecutor received tip off (from Sang-Hoon?) that Choi bought land parcels from insider trading.  Sang-Hoon may have already traced the sale back to his father.

Kim Pil-Yeon dismissed 15 union members, essentially disbanded the union (to ease Choi's RMC sale transaction to JQ).  One RMS union member sets himself on fire in front of Assembly Kim's house (not sure who, timeline uncertain).

Days before:       girl's suicide (possible whistleblower?)

Days before:       argument between Sang Hoon + Assemblyman Kim; Sang Hoon left to Song-ju that night.  I think after this Assemblyman Kim decides to hatch plan with SH to take down JQ (?).  Hence the reservation at the hotel where they meet and discuss how?

Days/weeks before:       divorce paper given to Sang Hoon.  (I am not so sure about where this fits, they are still in the abandoned car?)

2/25-3/2              reservation at hotel; Sang Hoon's apt in Song-ju is clean but the fruit in his hotel is fresh, indicating he was there recently.  He did not check out, meaning he was to return to the hotel on 3/3, not flying out to Germany. Both men were cordial on 2/25 (working on something together - to take down JQ?).  Clue about what they were working on from shredded paper pieced together again “Relocation of of SongJu Renewable Energy Business Site” (were they intending to relocate it so the existing factory could remain in operation?)

3/3     PM?           In changed his meeting to email, unaccounted for 2 hours per Young-Min

5:26pm     both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed.  Confrontation.  He tells her to just wait.

~6pm        Sang Hoon's last phone call to someone while on road to Song-ju (assuming with the man whom he met at the teahouse) It's the same day because he wears the same tan jacket/pink polo shirt that we saw on freeway with his wife.  Man could be connected to Songju mixed concrete. SH’s car is abandoned at MiriDong after he meets with this man. Lady at HuiSuk tea house says they had an argument. The man (Kim PilYeon?) said he shouldn’t have trusted SH. SH reaches into his jacket and pulls something out to thrust into the man’s hand (looked like papers) but the man doesn’t back down, takes the papers and storms off.  Assemblyman Kim’s name was brought up many times. Presumably this was where SH was taken/kidnapped  (he couldn’t have left that rural area without his car...it was abandoned there).  Not sure if SH followed Kim Pil-Yeon. Car is abandoned unlocked with mint condition divorce paper in manila envelope.

7pm           Sang Hoon's flight to Germany for solar energy conference (who booked it?)

9:15pm     Choi was seen on CCTV at gas station near Song-ju buying gas; has lawyer from Jang&Jang firm presented statement from mistress for alibi claiming that he was with her that day, stopping at gas station to buy gas.

10:55pm    Assemblyman Kim’s accident near Song-Ju; Sang Hoon did not picking up his phone.        

?time?      Kim Pil-yeon might have fought with someone in his hiding.  I found this strange. If the person had wanted to kill him, why not just do it and then set fire to the building?  There was no fighting when the scene played out to the audience? The guy came in whilst KPY was asleep, poured kerosene, lit it and left? When did the fighting happen?  The owner said he heard fighting, left to ring the police and by the time he got back, the place was ablaze and KPY was seen fleeing the scene? So it sounds like there were 2 things that could’ve happened?  There was an altercation with KPY, SH fled (this was the “fighting” owner heard). KPY went to sleep, some other man comes back and sets fire to the premises and he flees?

?time?  Kim Pil-Yeon fled after the building was set on fire.  He was asleep so I put this timeline after the altercation.

3/4                  Kim Pil-Yeon hides at his grandmother house in Ansan... which he later left?  WHY?

3/5                  Funeral

3/7                  Memorial (hand is delivered, pathologist time of amputation ~ 1-2 days ago

3/19                Kim Pil-yeon found dead in shipping container after contacting Seo-hui to extort $

4/3            JQ CEO Jeong Yeong-Mun purchased Song-Ju RMC factory from Choi via his right hand man In Dong Koo and he suspects In kidnapped his son Sang-Hoon.  Date is from the business contract. JQ appeared to have control of all land needed for the solar plant.  Choi prepares to leave Song-Ju to the Philippines, from his office.

4/3        A man left RMC office in a black car

4/3         8pm   Seo-hui received a text on her cell phone about the present at the election HQ.  Choi encounters the package of severed left foot in the elevator on his way down.

The squad.

For some reasons, we didn't see everything in the preview for E3, is it from E4 then?

Spoiler

O no...more body parts... :crazy:

Thanks for the update @bedifferent.  I haven’t watched yet.  What would bring Det Jo to tears though (is that him in the thumbnail?)?  His mom’s passing?

@noor1 but why would the coroner be involved?  She’s just doing her job?  And if she’s involved, she would do a better job of dismemberment.  She has all the requisite tools for a cleaner cut (:crazy:).  I thought YoungMin (SangHoon’s friend in JQ) was suspicious at the funeral but there wasn’t much info about him then.  Revenge is a possibility but it seems a rather convoluted way of enacting it?  Too many other people that need to be involved with potentials for failure if one part doesn’t play out like you want it to?  

As for SeoHui...well, everyone lies :lol:... so if she turns out like Edward Norton did in Primal Fear... that would be a massive twist.  Although her distress was evident during the video of SHoon’s hand being hacked off so maybe she is one of the good ones along with Det Jo.  I am trusting Det Jo’s instincts on this one.  He seems to think she’s just caught up in the whole thing.  I think he knows she’s hiding something but hasn’t pushed her too hard to reveal what yet.  She’s lost the 2 men in her life whom she trusts in quick succession so I guess he’s giving her some space to regroup...not that she has had much chance to catch breath because she’s been thrown into the lion’s den (political scene) immediately.

I get the feeling the mastermind is someone who has the connections and power to direct minions.  HoKyu could be a minion (used to hack SHui’s laptop)?  

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

O no...more body parts... :crazy:

I get the feeling the mastermind is someone who has the connections and power to direct minions.  HoKyu could be a minion (used to hack SHui’s laptop)?  

@nrllee I just feel corruption (or just using unfair advantage / connections to get a major contract) is too small a thing to go against your own father (in the case of Sang Hoon) and your daughter's powerful father-in-law (Seung-Cheol) and for both of them to get together just because some illegal business is occurring between a conglomerate and a parliamentarian is a bit of a stretch in my opinion - though they may well be the crux of this mystery, because the current wave in South Korean dramas revolves around corrupt politicians and chaebols.

i mean, one guy is definitely dead, and Sang Hoon is presumed disappeared / kidnapped / tortured / dead (I think he is alive and will turn up alive in the end.) Why would CEO or any leader of party off two people close to him when all it does is bring more attention to the corruption, land deal, and joblessness. 

I think it's a personal vendetta and am still betting on the ME being involved - because of the girl and maybe something related to how CEO's business impacted locals, or secret love-children - but let's see - everything is such a mystery in this drama. Why else would anyone keep sending body parts to torture, tease and humiliate and intimidate (when Seo-Hee is doing what the 'hacker/ kidnapper' told her to do.)

Btw, the actress playing Seo-Hee, Lee Yoo-Young, did a marvelous job in episode 3 - she was vulnerable, confused, quietly strong, determined, unfazed and so beautiful. Hope she does do an Edward Norton too! I'm game for anything.

@bedifferent or someone asked why would Jo-Tae-Sik detective be crying in the teaser - my guess is it's on the body of Choi (whose days are numbered, whether he knows it or not) because the cool veneer of the detective is wearing off, he keeps meeting a dead end, he thrashed a table on Choi's release, and may finally lose it (they cannot kill off the female detective sidekick can they? I hope not.) - can it be Sang-Hoon? No, because the entire drama revolves around Seo-hee's crusade to get her husband back. 

I had this theory: The person behind the mutilations forced SH to run for the election as he knew that she wouldn't do it, if her family and Hong asked her to follow her father's footsteps. But he knew that she loved her husband hence using her husband as a thread, the mastermind used it in order to push her to accept Hong's offer. So on the surface, it looked like Hong had succeeded, while in reality he had already been played by the butcher.

But the moment she wins the election, the mastermind sends the foot so that SH can no longer hope for JSH's return. Furthermore, she has no reason to follow Hong's orders any more. While JYM, the chairman of JQ, and Hong thought that KSH was just a weak person who could be used as a puppet for their plan hence they asked her to become an assemblywoman, they underestimated KSH's strength. Her speech in the last episode showed her love for her father but also her strong sense of responsibility. She wants her father's name to remain untarnished, she is determined to follow the citizens' opinion and interests which means that she won't be defending JQ's interests. KSH will realize that the bill she is supposed to support doesn't benefit the citizens but only JQ... hence she won't agree to pass the bill.

There is definitely a third party... the question is: why did he take JSH if their goal was the same as it looks like it on the surface?

By killing the chairman's son, KSH is no longer connected to JQ and her "father-in-law". In other words, the mastermind is someone who knows KSH very well but also is well aware of JQ's plan. From my point of view, KSC's death is definitely linked to JQ and In Dong Koo. The latter has no idea about JSH's disappearance. 

Now, I am wondering why JYM is perceiving his right-hand man as an enemy.  

I have added to @bedifferent‘s timeline in red.  Also removed some comments (the ones about KPY in the building before it was set alight)

Months before:  Choi  Chi-deok (Song-ju RMC CEO) bought parcels of land where future solar plant will be (est 20 billion won) with money funded from unknown source (JQ?).   Kim Pil-Yeon (RMC union leader) took out gamble loans, funded by Choi as kick back.  Choi holds 1000 constituent votes in Song-ju, which he plans to give to Kim Seo-hui's party for the upcoming by-election, and has a close working relation ship with Congressman Hong.  Congressman Hong (in same party as Assembly Kim) holds allegiance to JQ CEO Jeong.  Problem they had was that they bought up all these other parcels of land (expecting the Solar operations to be built on open land) but for some reason the Plant location was to be built on an existing Factory location instead.  Who decided on the move?  If JQ was investing in the empty parcels of land there already why not just build on them?  Why go through all the hassle of being roadblocked by Union members of an existing Factory?  Who authorized the move?  Was it SHoon because he wanted to foil the existing “build on empty land plan”, knowing they will encounter opposition and therefore buy time so he could gather enough evidence to bring to the Prosecutors? 

1 month before (~2/19)  Song-ju prosecutor received tip off (from Sang-Hoon - yes I think so?) that Choi bought land parcels from insider trading.  Sang-Hoon may have already traced the sale back to his father.

Kim Pil-Yeon dismissed 15 union members, essentially disbanded the union (to ease Choi's RMC sale transaction to JQ).  One RMS union member sets himself on fire in front of Assembly Kim's house (not sure who, timeline uncertain - one of the workers they talked to said it happened months before whilst they were talking about KPY so I assumed it was KPY?  But doesn’t make sense if it’s him unless he was distraught because he was stuck with so much debt and couldn’t say no to the disbanding of the Union)

Days before:       girl's suicide (possible whistleblower?)

Days before:       argument between Sang Hoon + Assemblyman Kim; Sang Hoon left to Song-ju that night.  I think after this Assemblyman Kim decides to hatch plan with SH to take down JQ (?).  Hence the reservation at the hotel where they meet and discuss how?

Days/weeks before:       divorce paper given to Sang Hoon.  (I am not so sure about where this fits, they are still in the abandoned car?)

2/25-3/2              reservation at hotel; Sang Hoon's apt in Song-ju is clean but the fruit in his hotel is fresh, indicating he was there recently.  He did not check out, meaning he was to return to the hotel on 3/3, not flying out to Germany. Both men were cordial on 2/25 (working on something together - to take down JQ?).  Clue about what they were working on from shredded paper pieced together again “Relocation of of SongJu Renewable Energy Business Site”.  from the beginning of ep3 we know that Kim knew something was up but he chose to turn a blind eye initially and SHoon was working on this on his own.  But Kim’s conscience got the better of him and he decided to team up with SHoon - that’s why he showed up at the hotel. They knew they were dealing with dangerous people.  

3/3     PM?           In changed his meeting to email, unaccounted for 2 hours per Young-Min

5:26pm     both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed.  Confrontation.  He tells her to just wait.

~6pm        Sang Hoon's last phone call to someone while on road to Song-ju (assuming with the man whom he met at the teahouse) It's the same day because he wears the same tan jacket/pink polo shirt that we saw on freeway with his wife.  Man could be connected to Songju mixed concrete. SH’s car is abandoned at MiriDong after he meets with this man. Lady at HuiSuk tea house says they had an argument. The man (Kim PilYeon?) said he shouldn’t have trusted SH. SH reaches into his jacket and pulls something out to thrust into the man’s hand (looked like papers) but the man doesn’t back down, takes the papers and storms off.  Assemblyman Kim’s name was brought up many times. Presumably this was where SH was taken/kidnapped  (he couldn’t have left that rural area without his car...it was abandoned there).  Not sure if SH followed Kim Pil-Yeon. Car is abandoned unlocked with mint condition divorce paper in manila envelope.

7pm           Sang Hoon's flight to Germany for solar energy conference (who booked it?)

9:15pm     Choi was seen on CCTV at gas station near Song-ju buying gas; has lawyer from Jang&Jang firm presented statement from mistress for alibi claiming that he was with her that day, stopping at gas station to buy gas.

10:55pm    Assemblyman Kim’s accident near Song-Ju; Sang Hoon did not picking up his phone.        

?time?      Kim Pil-yeon might have fought with someone in his hiding. I am not sure this is Choi?  Choi came around with the gas he bought and set the building alight whilst KPY was asleep hoping it would kill him.  Choi said in his interrogation that he couldn’t kill an ant and I believe him.  I think he could set fire to a building hoping KPY would die but he wouldn’t have the guts to kill him or even get into a fight with him?  

?time?  Kim Pil-Yeon fled after the building was set on fire.  He was asleep so I put this timeline after the altercation.  KPY flees to Ansan to hide out in his grandma’s home.

3/4                  Kim Pil-Yeon hides at his grandmother house in Ansan... which he later left?  WHY?  I think he stayed with her to organize his way out of Korea.  And later on he made the phone call 3/19 to SHui to extort money from her (rang her and told her he would tell her everything) so he could get on a ship (stowaway) out of Korea.  I think the grandma mentioned that.  Although did he really know where SHoon was or was he just saying that to get money off her?

3/5                  Funeral

3/7                  Memorial (hand is delivered, pathologist time of amputation ~ 1-2 days ago

3/19                Kim Pil-yeon found dead in shipping container after contacting Seo-hui to extort $. that conversation must’ve been hacked.  Someone must’ve tapped her phone (I forget did she get the phone call on her mobile or home phone?).  Otherwise killer wouldn’t have known to put KPY’s dead body in that particular shipping container.  It was a place only SHui and KPY knew about.

4/3            JQ CEO Jeong Yeong-Mun purchased Song-Ju RMC factory from Choi via his right hand man In Dong Koo and he suspects In kidnapped his son Sang-Hoon.  Date is from the business contract. JQ appeared to have control of all land needed for the solar plant.  Choi prepares to leave Song-Ju to the Philippines, from his office.

4/3        A man left RMC office in a black car

4/3         8pm   Seo-hui received a text on her cell phone about the present at the election HQ.  Choi encounters the package of severed left foot in the elevator on his way down.

Poor SHoon (is that his foot?)...he’s not going to have much left of him... side note - it would’ve been “better” to just amputate digits (fingers/toes), still as gory, has the desired effect on recipient but added benefit of having less likelihood that the victim would die as a result of massive blood loss...  Why is that a gift to SHui for her results in the polls?  Unless the perpetrator intends to return SHoon to her piecemeal :crazy:.  

YeongMin is a mystery to me.  He’s the only one who didn’t clap when she did her maiden speech after the egging.  Everyone else was rejoicing and clapping...he just had this look of concern on his face.

Hypothesis

Chairman Jeong is back to tending his plants again.  I feel like he had a hand in most of the underhanded dealings and dictated it all.  His problem was when SHoon decided he didn’t want to be party to it and wanted to blow the cover off it.  Assemblyman Kim who was originally going to just sit tight and close an eye to it had his conscience pricked and decided to work with SHoon.  I feel like Jeong could do away with Kim (and reposition politically with SHui who he saw as a pushover) BUT he couldn’t kill his son.  So he may have had him kidnapped and forced him (non consensual) to lay low.  Something went horribly wrong here...and SHoon ended up in someone else’s hands...and they have been using him as a bargaining chip since.  Maybe In?  YeongMin?  

@nrllee  First, I had this crazy thought: What if JSH decided to have his hand and foot cut in order to expiate for his father's crimes? He definitely knows that his father was involved in crimes... It was even said that this was dangerous. So the hand is for KSC's death, the second for KPY's death... for each death, there is a member from JSH.

Even if this theory is wrong, this pattern caught my attention: for each member, there is a dead person... It was as if the mastermind was sending a signal to the chairman of JQ Group. Your son will pay for your crimes and involvement.

In my opinion, Choi Chi Deok is the next target... as he received the foot from JSH. Remember that SH received the hand and after that, she got a message asking her to accept Hong's idea. Maybe the killer will contact CCD. On the other hand, it was as if CCD was warned at the same time. CCD needs to take him seriously and follow his order. I have the impression that the "butcher" will ask CCD to do something, like f. ex. confess his crimes because at some point, JQ might get rid of him because he represents a thread. Notice that JTS was not able to do anything to CCD, JQ via In Dong Koo had already prepared everything to cover up. From my point of view, the opponent of JQ is well aware of JQ's devious plans and accomplices hence he is playing dirty (the mutilations) in order to reveal the conspiracy. 

The scene of KSC meeting JSH at the hotel in the first few mins of ep3 confirms that the two were working on something in secret. 

There is a piece of land that the government is eyeing for the New Business. It seems that Mr Choi of RMC tricked some of the locals to sell the land at dirt price. I believe the information about the land that the government is aquiring has been leaked. Frrom what we understand, it was the chairman who had Choi buying up the land. JSH found out about this and inform his father in-law KSC. Both men came up with a plan to relocate the New Business to a new site. This must have angered the chairman hence he had KSC killed. I don't think JSH is dead. The chairman will not kill his own son. Maybe @noor1 theory of the paid forensic doc could be true. 

Now with KSC out of the way and JSH kidnapped the chairman only needs someone to bend to his will. The bill must be passed at the assembly. They are holding JSH and threatening SH to have the Bill passed. 

I don't know this seems a little straight forward and easy when we are only at ep3 and the suicide girl is still a mystery.

22 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I don't know this seems a little straight forward and easy when we are only at ep3 and the suicide girl is still a mystery.

:lol:  I get the feeling it feels that way because we’re all here brainstorming potentials?  Leaving no stone unturned.  Everyone’s a suspect - even the Coroner :lol: and poor hapless HoKyu.  Maybe we should throw in the mother as well for good measure to make sure we’ve covered all the bases.  Had I been watching this alone I would’ve been totally flummoxed and still in the dark.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

The 1st scene assuming is true , seems to indicate that Sang Hoon & Seo Hui’s father were trying to work together to expose something which I am assuming is the new renewable energy factory  site . Why were they against that unless it is a front for something more sinister?

My guess is as the company's CEO, Sang Hoon must have discovered accountant discrepancies pointing to a slush fund for Choi to buy the land parcels.  He exposed its insider trading to Song-ju's prosecutor.  He also knows about the Choi-In-Jeong deal to buy RMC and subsequently rendered all those union workers jobless.  This is where he approached the union leader Kim Pil-Yeon, last time at the teahouse, to work with him and Assemblyman Kim.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

But the moment she wins the election, the mastermind sends the foot so that SH can no longer hope for JSH's return. Furthermore, she has no reason to follow Hong's orders any more.

Now, I am wondering why JYM is perceiving his right-hand man as an enemy.  

I think it was only an exit poll results showing Seon-Hui rebounded.  The kidnapper wanted to remind her that she should only follow his orders and to not be intimidated by Hong to run his agenda. Feels like the kidnapper is opposing JQ's plan.  

In doesn't know where Sang Hoon is (he beat Kim Pil-Yeon for his whereabout).  In may have noticed that Sang Hoon is digging into JQ's misdoings.  I think he may have followed Sang Hoon to the teahouse but could not stay and has to return to CEO Jeong. He had to change the appt that day to emails because he was following Sang Hoon to Song-ju.  However, he left not knowing what happened to Sang Hoon. 

@imgreatgal @noor1  What if it is Sang Hoon who is orchestrating his own disappearance with the help of maknae Ho-Kyu?  Sang Hoon recruited Ho-Kyu to help him uncover the corruptions; started off by sending him to take a job at the police station.  Sang Hoon and Ho-Kyun worked to make the video sent to Seo-Hui (Sang Hoon knows the computer password).  He sent the bill to his wife.  You maybe right, the coroner could be working with the prosecutor and Sang Hoon.

Is Tae Sik the only person who has any brains in this outfit? :blink:

It's a head scratcher as to how some people ever got through the police academy and got to be detectives.

In general, I'm really not sure about using the other members of the team as comic relief... it's not landing well... and there's so much at stake. At least in Watcher the humour (when there was any) felt well-placed and appropriate to the story and personalities.

Aside from that, the story itself is interesting although I'm not sure how much more idiocy I can handle in general. I understand that Seo Hui has led a relatively sheltered life but she really needs to smarten up quick and start being a lot more forthcoming to Det Jo than she has been.

I actually don't think it's a bad thing for her to be running as a candidate for the by-elections. It might do her some good and give her insight into how the sharks operate. Plus it will take her mind off worrying about Sanghun.

Although I'm not entirely sure what all of this is leading to, the show is falling along fairly predictable lines so far. The chairman really needs to watch the people around him.

@nrllee thanks for amending the timeline.  This question of yours has been bugging me for a while

Problem they had was that they bought up all these other parcels of land (expecting the Solar operations to be built on open land) but for some reason the Plant location was to be built on an existing Factory location instead.  Who decided on the move?  If JQ was investing in the empty parcels of land there already why not just build on them?  Why go through all the hassle of being roadblocked by Union members of an existing Factory?  Who authorized the move?  Was it SHoon because he wanted to foil the existing “build on empty land plan”, knowing they will encounter opposition and therefore buy time so he could gather enough evidence to bring to the Prosecutors? 

I think this is the question @triplem asked before.  At the beginning of E3, Sang Hoon showed Assembly Kim a map of an area that he thought is bigger than expected.  They must also show it to the rest of the world he said.

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 3.17.20 AM

What if the RMC plant in Song-ju actually has at its location a different source of renewable energy than solar.  Building the JQ solar plant at the RMC plant side essentially buries this energy source and make JQ the only source of renewable energy in Song-Ju.

Archived