[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems the father and the son in law are investigating something...maybe related to the new renewable energy business?

The old man (dunno his name and position) wanted the lead to become an assemblywoman...meaning he has a motive to kidnap Sanghun or harm him.

The man who called the lead and asked for money to meet at the shipping containers might be different from the one who supposedly kidnapped her husband.  One wanted just money, while the other wanted power and control by forcing her to join the assembly. Or it could just be one person/party.

I wonder if Sanghun is still alive.  On wiki, he was not included in the cast.

3 hours ago, anony12345 said:

The painting the ML sees when he goes into the missing guys house (ep 1 or 2 I've forgotten) and says there's something wrong with it, did he infer something from it in that scene or do we think it's something they'll come back to? Could't tell if I missed something there but just fell odd for them to point it out.

Yeah I thought so too. Otherwise why point it out.  And he kept looking between that photo on the wall and back to the photo of SeoHui on the shelf?  I am no photographer so I have no idea what was wrong with the photo on the wall?

she sounds childlike and I can't tell if it's for her character or just how the actress speaks

I think that’s just how she speaks. Personally I like it.

The body she finds is probably the worker that set himself on fire that they're looking for

Kim PilYeon?  The guy who’s on the run and supposedly was the one confronting SHoon (missing hubby) in the tea House?  Yeah that’s my guess too.  Problem I have with his phone call to SHui is that he doesn’t have SHoon though?  How can he ask her for ransom money (presumably why she withdrew a large amount from her account which triggered the Police) if he can’t give her what she wants?  Why expose himself like that?  He’s on the run from the law and also from others who are obviously looking for SHoon (henchman from JQ).

@bedifferent took some pics for comparison

48897844053_7550616314_k_d.jpg

48898572377_da6cb6b46d_k_d.jpg

The only thing I can pick out is that in the second pic, the sun is hidden behind the tree/plant in the pic next to her.  So she knows where he is hiding?  Or am I reading too much into it? :lol:.

Or did he stash some documents in the picture/photo frames behind the pics?

On 10/13/2019 at 6:25 AM, bedifferent said:

2) Jeon Ho-Gyu was transferred from JQ into the investigative unit at Song-ju at the time of the assemblyman's death.  He seems very intelligent and resourceful.  Why the transfer? He didn't give an answer to the detective when asked, obviously not fond of the transfer, so I am holding out judgment on his purpose here. I am leaning toward JQ trying to influence the police investigation by planting their own man here.  What if he was also at the verge of discovering JQ's corrupted intent.

Did Hong Gyu transferred from JQ. I must have missed something from the translation. I am watching via NEtflix anyway. if I am not mistaken he was transferred from Data System unit or something. Anyone watching via Netflix can recall what is the translation? 

13 hours ago, triplem said:

I liked that dream scenario , it was particularly moving ( oh yeah they would definitely match if they did a romance melodrama) .Unless the drama is intending to confuse us, Sang Hun and Seo Hui seemed like a couple in love. The little notes he kept , picture of her in his Songju apartment. They were already apart when he lived in Songju , so he must have still loved her very much to have those things with  him. Which means whatever he is doing - keeping her away from him, not letting her know what is going is to protect her. Someone threatened him (his dad?) ...

Thanks for mentioning this. I watched the first two episodes back to back and the details in Sang Hun's apartment and the dream scenario were my favorite parts. I think episode one wanted to confuse us to think that Sang Hun was having an affair with the mysterious woman and is not in love his wife. But based on the details you mentioned his apartment, I also feel that it is quite the opposite. They do seem like a couple in love, but due to unknown circumstances, Sang Hun had to distance himself from Seo Hui and that drove a wedge in their relationship. I agree that he is likely doing this protect her. It really seems he intends to tell her the whole the truth once he could. I got more comfort about it when Tae Sik told Seo Hui that based on their investigation of Sang Hun's apartment, they did not find evidence that he was having an affair. Even though Tae Sik followed it up with "at least not yet", I still like that as a detective, he felt confident enough to tell her that.

The Lies Within: Episodes 1-2 (Review)

by Saya

tlw02-00165.jpg

OCN’s newest weekend thriller (and Netflix Original) lands with a crisp entrée into a world of subterfuge that lies cloaked beneath a winding litany of the mundane. This has been one of my most anticipated pairings of the year: Lee Min-ki needs no introduction, and I LOVE Lee Yoo-young. She’s been one of my absolute most favorite actresses since Tunnel back in 2017, and she consistently elevates every role she’s had.

There’s always something quietly hurt about her portrayals that makes my heart ache, and I admit it’s hard not to be reminded of her own personal history while seeing her take on this role. This show sees her unite with Lee Yoon-jung, the director of 2017’s Argon, Kim Joo-hyuk’s last drama before he passed away. I don’t know if is anything more to this union, but I hope it proves healing for all.

tlw01-00140.jpg

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/first-script-reading-for-9-9-billion-won-woman-with-jung-woong-in-jo-yeo-jung-kim-kang-woo/

5 hours ago, anony12345 said:

The painting the ML sees when he goes into the missing guys house (ep 1 or 2 I've forgotten) and says there's something wrong with it, did he infer something from it in that scene or do we think it's something they'll come back to? Could't tell if I missed something there but just fell odd for them to point it out.

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yeah I thought so too. Otherwise why point it out.  And he kept looking between that photo on the wall and back to the photo of SeoHui on the shelf?  I am no photographer so I have no idea what was wrong with the photo on the wall?

The only thing I can pick out is that in the second pic, the sun is hidden behind the tree/plant in the pic next to her.  So she knows where he is hiding?  Or am I reading too much into it? :lol:.

In photography, there's a time during the day which is the best for taking photos.  It's usually referred to as the Golden Hour, the ~1hr or so right before sunset, where lighting is optimal.  It's the beautiful soft hue that basks everything and gives awesome backlighting for someone whose style is natural lighting.

Taesik noticed it :D  With the large framed photo hung on the wall, one would think that it's Sang Hoon's favorite or his best work... yet it is taken during early afternoon, the sun is still high up in the sky (not only is it harsh, there's a lot of shadows cast if we were try to take pictures).  That didn't make sense to TaeSik, it's an amateur mistake for someone who studied photography like Sang Hoon, why would he be proud and displayed it prominently.

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 8.26.00 AM

(there’s a green dot in the pic too!)

Notice TaeSik did a double take against the framed photos on the shelves, where all of them were taken at dusk during that golden hour.  See how Seon Hee is framed against that backlight as well so the above is an anomaly.  It's not like Sang Hoon doesn't know how to photograph, he took his wife picture beautifully.

Screenshot 2019-10-14 20.53.12

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2019-10-14 at 8.25.26 AM

@liltash85 Hong Kyu's past with JQ was brought up twice.  When the Capt asked him about his transfer and when Jin Kyung went over Sang Hoon-Seung Cheol's relationship history.

Spoiler

Screenshot 2019-10-14 20.56.22

Screenshot 2019-10-14 20.55.12

i wanna say thank you to @bedifferent @nrllee for great timeline and sharp analysis that helping me to understand the plot, and also for other expert soompiers for giving the conspiration theories which is increase intense and curiosity while watching the drama. I enjoy first 2 eps, but they're already giving us too much lies and mysteries.. :sweatingbullets: it was confusing sometimes.

at first I thought it was the same day when the JSH confront with KSC and the day car accident happens -- but I was wrong :rolleyes:

I think maybe, what if the scene when  SH open her laptop, it just her continuing dream and she thinks it was real so she run into the party office in the morning to give her agreement to parcitipate in the election.

somehow i think the editing is confusing. I never heard about KPY in eps 1 (maybe i was not pay attention), but suddenly his name appear as protester.

I also realize that @bedifferent was pointing HG since the beginning :D.. he's quite mysterious and his transfer also had some coincidence with the case. But i found he's too cute hahaa.. the way he order blueberry yogurt in the tea house :D and his OCD, he even confused when Detective JTS ask him to open the dirty car's door. please not him, i like the building bromance between him and JTS.

Yun Jong seok IG's update

10 minutes ago, Nanana85 said:

...was pointing HG since the beginning :D.. he's quite mysterious and his transfer also had some coincidence with the case. But i found he's too cute hahaa.. the way he order blueberry yogurt in the tea house :D and his OCD, he even confused when Detective JTS ask him to open the dirty car's door. please not him, i like the building bromance between him and JTS.

LOL, I'm sorry, maybe I am totally off base.  I laughed out loud when he tried to do police work, like asking the teahouse lady... 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-14 21.39.40

You are right, guy wipes his desk, packs lunch, probably never had a speeding ticket... not one who thrives on danger and excitement that comes with being a killer!

@cherriesblue I think Kim Pil Yeon has a gambling problem, thus the call to Seo-Hui for the money tho make you wonder what secrets/infos is he using for leverage over her.

@nrllee thank you for the translation of the characters.

Don’t know @bedifferent, he (HG) does strike me as a bit odd but more idiosyncratic (like the nerd that he’s supposed to be).  But yes to all those comedic moments.  Like asking “how do we open the car door? Do we need to call special unit K-something?” and Det Jo proceeds to open the door and says in his deadpan voice, “it’s called using your hand”.  :lol:. It’s because of these comedic moments that I am hesitant to have him be our mastermind killer.  He may be a pawn (and used for his hacking skills) but what would his motive be?  Why get SeoHui to run for office? 

HG reminds me of this comic for some reason :lol:

Spoiler

midvale+school+for+the+gifted.jpg

@nrllee lol to your cartoon!  Funny!  Tae Sik will mentor some common sense into him.  Hope lady detective gives him some respect soon :)

BTW, @noor1 thinks the hanging photo is taken by Seo-hee, which is plausible and makes sense why Sang Hoon loves it.  Also, there’s a green dot, blemish, in the photo.  Most photographers avoid taking photo looking directly into the sun.

4 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

BTW, @noor1 thinks the hanging photo is taken by Seo-hee, which is plausible and makes sense why Sang Hoon loves it.  Also, there’s a green dot, blemish, in the photo.  Most photographers avoid taking photo looking directly into the sun.

Well spotted (pun intended).  I was wondering about the green dot.  I thought it was a smudge on my laptop :lol: initially but no...then I went all spy mode and thought, “wait what if that’s like a spy camera?” :lol:  From one extreme to the other too little sleep I think. 

@Lawyerh she is a bit over the top but the drama desperately needs her and her nerdy sidekick to provide much needed comic relief or the whole drama would just be so morbid and macabre.  They act like little relief valves to bring down the intensity a couple of notches before the other characters ramp it back up again.

I had a good read of everyone's post and am intrigued by all your theories. I rewatch both ep 1 and 2.

@bedifferent @nrllee  just like to comment/add something to the timeline. You stated 

On 10/14/2019 at 5:14 AM, bedifferent said:

Days before:       girl's suicide

Days before:       argument between Sang Hoon + Assemblyman Kim; Sang Hoon left to Song-ju that night

Days before:       divorce paper given to Sang Hoon

3/3    5:26pm      both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed

Does the Days before means they are all taking place on the  same day before KSC's accident?  We were not given a date stamped so it's questionable when this took place it could days or weeks.

Both SH and JSH were seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Sonju. When JTS question SH on why she went after JSH she said it was to give him the divorce papers, but we were not shown in her flashback that she gave him the papers. This took place on the day Of KSC's accident not the day before because the clothes they are wearing are different. 

When JSH was arguing with KPY (as imagined by the lady at Hui Suk) he was wearing the same outfit when he was at the freeway with SH. I assume he was in a hurry then to meet with KPY.

There is another scene that I'm puzzled abt, SH was driving and over the radio is an announcement of KSC's death 'last night' SH was crying and calling someone on the phone and she says 'why isn't he picking up' she must be calling JSH.

15 hours ago, noor1 said:

KSH can be the ultimate unreliable narrator because we are being shown flashbacks she remembers - that could be the biggest twist and also fit into the title 'Everyone's Lies / The lies within.' Maybe she has a double / split personality,

Spot on, I too am confused with her actions. The scene showing JSH and KSC working together in the hotel room was only in her flashback we do not know if it took place as she imagined it.

The scene of her walking in the rain made me think that she could be mentally unstable.  

My take on the suicide girl. Could she be KSC's daughter with another woman and someone is threatening to expose her?  The girl may have decide to take her life to save KSC"s image. That was JSH and KSC's argument when JSH implies KSC was afraid of his reputation collapsing? Was that what SH's mom meant when she said 'your dad's life wasn't as flawless?

Haha of course this is just my take on things. Can't wait for ep3

@imgreatgal Excellent, yes, you are correct.  She said she followed him to give the divorce papers but we actually saw him drove away.  So either the divorce paper was already delivered days before or was planted there afterward to give her an alibi.  The envelope was not wet so could not have been given or planted on that rainy day. In either case, she lied or what happened in the beginning is not the truth, not sure who recalled the highway meeting (if it even happened at all).  

The weird thing is he disappeared after the teahouse meeting abandoning his car.  I don’t think he purposely abandoned the car because it is not locked. He would have locked it before walking to the teahouse.  Did someone pick him up from the teahouse? If he was running away from someone, wouldn’t he run back to his car?

20 hours ago, nrllee said:

@Lawyerh she is a bit over the top but the drama desperately needs her and her nerdy sidekick to provide much needed comic relief or the whole drama would just be so morbid and macabre.  They act like little relief valves to bring down the intensity a couple of notches before the other characters ramp it back up again.

@nrllee I like your reasoning, but it really took Me way too long for her to grow on me. 

So this is on Netflix? Oooh... ooh... Might take a gander. Although realistically there aren't enough hours in a day.

There are a few vaguely interesting dramas but nothing has that "must watch" vibe that Camellia has at the moment. 

Netflix's really expanding their K drama catalogue right now. No complains from me ;)

Finally Lee Yoo Young back to OCN after Tunnel. I had watched her in several dramas and movies before. A hardworking actress. Beside that, it is my first time watching Lee Min Ki's drama. Although there is no loveline in this drama, I can see their interaction in behind the scene. And there are some familiar supporting actors such as two rookie police(watched them in drama The Guest).  The director is famous in her previous works such as coffee prince, cheese in the trap and etc. I think this is her first time shooting this kind of genre.  I had watched till ep2.  The storyline is good.  I will continue to watch it. 

Archived