[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

Spoiler

This is really too much for me .. I’m too sad but Seo Hui is at the morgue seeing Sang Hun body.  The coroner gave her an envelope that SH had with him . It was for her , it’s a darn sad letter . He explains to her what happens i think about why thinks seemed so strained before all this - flashbacks of him looking at her outside th the  cafe , about him meeting the reporter, his confrontations with his father , IDG etc   Chairman always just brush things off 

he mentions I’m sure you know what kind of bad person he is

then he tells how he escape the mental hospital with YM’s help . Scene of him & YM 

talking in the car . Omg . I need subs but i hv a bad feeling it was SH’s crazy idea for all this as he convinces YM to do this 

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Omg ...TS watching Video .. it’s crazy true ...SH got the vet to help him & YM was there . YM really didn’t want it but SH says it’s fine & we see all the body parts delivered . Final extraction- YM was about to inject painkiller for SH but he didn’t know Want to continue this crazy plan .Sang Hun grabbed YM hand ...Sang Hun tells Seo Hui

this is the only way to stop his father 

Seo Hui cries over his body  

TS just finished the video as well . 

(Honestly this is really disappointing for me ) 

TS inspects SH body & says to him if this is was worth it or something 

Spoiler

TS having a conversation with Coroner . 
TS was as devastated ..I Guess it never crossed his mind it turned out like this  

news break up about SH death - reporters gather outside the chairman’s house 

Seo Hui gives a press conference . Think she’ll finish up what Sang Hun started . I’m not sure what she said but she brings up both SangHun & YM’s name . She is likely exposing the truth about JQ 

TS goes catch Assemblyman Hong.  JG goes arrest the Lady  head of the news outlet. TS also brings Chairman in. iDG is still being interrogated by TS   ...TS still seems worried about chairman to TS’s frustration 

Why did Chairman Jeong kill the assembly man, when he signed the agreement? Did Seo Hui's dad plan to renege on the agreement, that is why he was killed?

And why did Yeong min want Jeong to stop the reporter, when she was his girlfriend andhe made the plan for the new business himself?  It seems conflicting.  I thought he wanted the reported to reveal the truth, why is it that it appeared that Yeong Min didnt want her to report about the ill people?

Ep 15 was good as a lot was discussed. yeong min longed for a family ajd as he said, Jeong was used to manipulating people. in looked up to thr chairman perhaps as a father figurr that he never had. 

Spoiler

TS interrogating Chairman ...but it seems can’t hold him in custody . But then as he was about to go , some evidence came in & he was held back. 

Seo Hui goes to the station & TS lets her meet the old man. She shows him the letter Sang Hun wrote  ...the old man was in shock & in tears. She asked did he really love Sang Hun & he says of course ..I think she wants him to confess to his crimes .

TS & cops go to the place where JQ had disposed all the barrels of chemicals . So they have evidence of JQ’s Land contamination 

TS gives press con about it. All the bad guys go to jail . 

Seo Hui visits jYm’s  columbarium . Hmmm I wonder what she says to him here as her expression seems off . 

TS & JG visit HG grave to tell him they’re done with the case . We see HG’s spirit smiling at behind them . 

so it seems TS & JG will leave for different station .as they walk out Seo Hui comes . She thanks TS him for not giving up on Sang Hun even right to the end . They shake hands & say goodbye 

TS goes back to his mum . (I Guess he will be posted back to his hometown & that JG is going back to Seoul. ) . they talk about the sister etc.  TS walks in the fields , he sees his sister ( imagination)  & she basically tells him to let go & it’s fine . He needs to forgive himself . 

drama ends as TS thinks fondly of his sis & him as kids . 

Seo Hui goes back to the fields where she & SH had a date . In her imagination he back hugs her & apologises :bawling:  It’s just too sad . 

- it’s Over - 

Last part of live recaps 

sorry , I’m not Particularly pleased.  But writer I supposed kept the suspense & twist right to the end .

28 minutes ago, triplem said:

sorry , I’m not Particularly pleased.  But writer I supposed kept the suspense & twist right to the end .

I am not pleased too... Whatever happened just seems too foolish to me. There gotta be a smarter and safer way to achieve the “noble” goal. 

Will wait for subs before commenting further. Netflix still not yet uploaded the finale. 

Thanks @triplem for the live recap. What an exhaustive ride to the very end.

Ok I have mixed feelings about this. For one I'm sad for SeoHui but I'm not really disappointed in the ending. I'm happy the villains gets locked up.  I was just thinking that SangHun will be physically and probably emotionally handicapped for the rest of his life. Will that be a life SangHun wanted for his wife. If the mutilation was SangHun's idea then he did it knowing he will not come back alive because It just wouldn't be fair to SeoHui.

Will watch episode16 when the subs are up. 

Though I cannot accept Sang Hoon’s sacrifice, I love the ending!  I can understand his reasons and rationale.

This drama wraps things up nicely.  SeoHui and Taesik didn’t have to live with survivor guilt. They were able to make peace with the people they lost and live a good life in honor of their loved ones.

I really like Hong Gyu’s cameo!  Lee Min Ki fits his character to a T, hope he do more dramatic roles. Lee Yo Young was excellent in the last episode.  

@triplem @ktcjdrama When you have a chance to watch it with subs, it's possible you may find some comfort about Sang Hun.

Final thoughts with * Spoilers * :

Spoiler

When the coroner performed the autopsy on Sang Hun, she discovered that he had a metastatic brain tumor and did not have much more time to live. He originally came back to Korea to spend his remaining time with his loved ones - including his father, but through CSH, he learned the ugly truth about his father/JQ. He tried to use ration/logic to get his father to stop and do the right thing, but it was of no avail. As such, he felt he had no other choice but to resort to extreme measures and sacrifice “Jeong Sang Hun” to rid of all evil. Knowing that Sang Hun was able to accomplish his goal before he would’ve eventually died (of cancer), I am at peace with his decision.

I am glad it was explained through Sang Hun that he wanted to involve Seo Hui because everything originated from their fathers' wrongdoings and they needed to fix their fathers’ sins. It’s a shame that Seo Hui could not be reunited with Sang Hun even if it would have been short, but in the end, it seems she finally knew and understood her husband. I thought the fields scene was sad yet beautiful. She was there this time with Yu Eun Seong

For me, I have always had an affinity toward YM's character so although I knew it would happen, it was still hard to see him die. I hope that he found peace in his decision and as Seo Hui said to him, just be yourself and rest in peace now.

It was sad to see the investigation team disband, but Tae Sik and Jin Gyeong were finally able to break all the cases and bring closure for Ho Gyu at least. It was nice to see Ho Gyu with them in spirit. I'm happy Tae Sik was able to return to his hometown and be with his mother (and sister) now.

Last, I can't forget IDG… Kudos to Tae Sik for being able to talk some sense into IDG to think about his father who is taking the blame in his place. At least he had the least bit of decency to finally admit his crimes and most importantly, the chairman’s as well.

*Some spoilers follow*

Watching Ep 16 was difficult, but it was a fitting conclusion to the journey. The characters have struggled with grief, anger and denial. Acceptance should not be easy for them or for us. 

4 hours ago, bedifferent said:

They were able to make peace with the people they lost and live a good life in honor of their loved ones.

Indeed, and even in making your peace with your loss... it's a series of good days and bad days, as a certain character says.

Nights when you wake up in the darkness and weep. Days when you're almost surprised you've forgotten the past, and there is no hurt and no longing. You don't just learn it. You earn it, step by step, year after year. 

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Whatever happened just seems too foolish to me. There gotta be a smarter and safer way to achieve the “noble” goal. 

Within the context of the drama, there was no easy way for the criminals to be brought to justice. This is true of real life, too; how many times have we heard of terrible atrocities only years after they have occurred? :( All the pillars of the establishment were set; JQ not only had the will to punish people and suppress the truth, but also the means. It wasn't just the Chairman and In Dong-gu, there was a much larger machinery at work. Ultimately, the silence of society was also what our heroes were fighting against - and the title of the episode reminds us that it takes extraordinary courage not to look away. 

Our heroes knew there was a terrible price to be paid when the weight of the truth was so great.

Spoiler

Plus it was revealed that they had escalated their actions over time. Perhaps they had steeled themselves for a desperate last stand, but they hoped things might unravel for JQ even at the Kim Pil-yeon & Choi Chi-duk stage.

The scenes of the Chairman playing baduk / go / weiqi were very symbolic. Attack and counterattack. Encircling the enemy.

1 hour ago, roli said:

I did not like the end. Period. After reading here thr final episode...I would not see it. 

Certainly I respect your choice not to watch it. Sometimes what we want from our entertainment is escapism. But if you are wavering, I think it's fair to say that all good stories are more than just how they end. It's about courage and people holding fast together. If you've watched several episodes already, I will cheer for you to keep going.

4 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

When you have a chance to watch it with subs, it's possible you may find some comfort ....

On a personal level, the high-quality discussion on this thread prepared me for all kinds of endings :wacko: This wasn't the only possibility, but ultimately, I feel this was the right one and true to the characters. 

So everyone, please hang on tight. Don't abandon our heroes in their final hour. Literally and figuratively! 

The finale has its heartwarming moments too. When more people have had a chance to watch and process, would love for us to talk over those in detail. 

On 10/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@nrllee  First, I had this crazy thought: What if JSH decided to have his hand and foot cut in order to expiate for his father's crimes? He definitely knows that his father was involved in crimes... It was even said that this was dangerous. So the hand is for KSC's death, the second for KPY's death... for each death, there is a member from JSH.

Even if this theory is wrong, this pattern caught my attention: for each member, there is a dead person... It was as if the mastermind was sending a signal to the chairman of JQ Group. Your son will pay for your crimes and involvement.

And this is what I wrote almost one and half month ago... A crazy theory of mine came true. :o It was really a signal sent to JYM, the chairman.

After reading that he was terminally ill, I can understand why he did this. Furthermore, it also explains why JSH felt so concerned about the terminally ill people as he was himself one of them.

I agree that JYM's move (tell the chairman about CSH's investigations) was weird, it doesn't feel right. 

4 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@triplem @ktcjdrama When you have a chance to watch it with subs, it's possible you may find some comfort about Sang Hun.

Thank you for the spoilers about the reason why SH came back. I haven’t got the chance to watch with subs until much much later today. But knowing his reason for returning to Korea made what he did more acceptable. It is a very important piece of information that I missed watching live. I only caught the part that he wanted to be with his wife and father. Ha, maybe I was too emotional already to concentrate properly after seeing what happened to him at the beginning of the episode. 

I enjoyed the ending enough but I just expected it to be...smarter?

I have this issue with so many mystery kdramas, they build it so much, all these theories going around that sound amazing if they can pull it off and then we just get a bit of a flat ending. Same thing happened with The Watcher earlier in the year, Kill it etc

I don’t know episode 16 will be very sad!!! I’ crying non stop. What an ending. Glad that all the baddies are caught BUT the writer just robbed our Seo Hui & Eun Sung happiness. Do they think making him having brain tumor will make it less guilty??? Eun Sung sacrifices his last moment to spend memorable time with his wife to punish his father. Please drama makers make a new drama for them as a happy married couple. Those flash back is not enough. 

Anyway I am glad Yeong Min did not betray Sang Hun. He is indeed helping him with his crazy plan but that’s the only way they have to stop Chairman Jung and IDG cruelty. Though the last 2 episodes is kinda done in a rush and with some inconsistency but I like this drama as a whole. N i like our detective minded discussion here. 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

And this is what I wrote almost one and half month ago... A crazy theory of mine came true. :o It was really a signal sent to JYM, the chairman.

After reading that he was terminally ill, I can understand why he did this. Furthermore, it also explains why JSH felt so concerned about the terminally ill people as he was himself one of them.

I agree that JYM's move (tell the chairman about CSH's investigations) was weird, it doesn't feel right. 

Are you sure you are not the writer or one of it’s team???? :lol:

or do you by any chance read on a leak script? Lol. 

I am amazed that your theory came true. Though it sounds creepy at first but that’s what the real story is. You passed to be a screenwriter for OCN drama. Kudos chingu. :thumbsup:

Archived