[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

There are a lot of revelations in Ep 6 so I hope everyone has a chance to catch up before getting spoiled :ph34r:

7 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Props to our energizer rabbit.

Ah, this is a perfect description for her. I hope they eventually reveal to us what sort of 'national team' she was referring to!

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

CEO Jeong could be lying. And turned out to be the ultimate big baddie after all... LOL

This could well happen. Although I'm somewhat hoping for an outcome where JSH and Yeong-min are colluding on making this look like a murder/kidnapping, in order to expose something bigger that would otherwise be buried. Who knows at this point though, haha :D

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rating for eps 5 is 1,1% and eps 6 got 1,5%.

Despite its low rating, I like this week episode. The pace and tense is getting slower than previous eps, but they give us more insight to the background story from the character, and the misteries and lies are in layer, so it get more interesting, i enjoy the drama more while reading all your theories, expert soompiers. Thank you :)

I like the dynamic energy and effectiveness of detective team. Det Kang is less annoying than in earlier eps. I think her background is former athletic national team, no wonder she love running and chasing the bad guy. and Hogyu is cute ahaha.. and love Their chemistry is good on and off camera.

Still cuts eps 5-6

So drama touch on mental instability of JSH. But we did see that already in episode 1  when woman jump from rooftop of a hospital.Clearly JSH was distraught about it and crying, punching the wall. My previous post 3 weeks ago, I said KSC and JSH arguing about that. Episode 5 IDG w said JSH had anxiety disorder.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am wondering if Yeong Min isn't somehow related to the chairman... just a thought that's crossed my mind several times.

Now that you mentions. If he grew up in orphanage with JSH. It's possible. The usual. kdrama  genre route is....yes.  But since this OCN crime mystery drama and not really their style. But kdrama is kdrama. Well it's still could be. But hope story veers away from that arc. Though I would understand if it's needed to establish something

Seo Hui naivete in politics and what goes around... with his father's political career. It's as if she was sheltered from all things politics and just have her own business ( coffes shop I think if I'm not mistaken). I would like for her to have assertivenes. It's as if she's a timid and meek  politicians daughter.  She also needs to be perceptive at times. Like think over what the  guy inside the elevator told her. I understand her predicament as JSH missing and finding him is main priority hence she's doing everything asked  from those that surrounds he father's political career.

Seo Hui needs someone like Jenny Jang! :D 

3 hours ago, jongski said:

Seo Hui needs someone like Jenny Jang! :D 

Almost every kdrama heroine needs a Jenny Jang!

Jin Gyeong is the silliest cop but I like her. She not only gives me laugh but she is doing her job the best she can.

I laughed when she was trying to get out of the room with the white sheets to not be noticed. :w00t:

Finally Jin Young-Min got out of his shell. We`ll find out more informations about him.

I really like that the mystery continues but the police team is doing their job properly. I hate when crime shows make police dumb for the mystery to not be discovered quickly.

On 10/28/2019 at 9:03 AM, bedifferent said:

7:30pm  SangHoon MIA from hospital

8:34pm  In dropped off car at scrapyard

9:12pm  In left scrapyard

3/7                   Park Song Jae (Dr. Park's nephew), part time hospital worker quit

3/7                  Memorial (hand is delivered, pathologist time of amputation ~ 1-2 days ago

We know now that IDG is still looking for JSH. Which means when JSH escaped from the hosp someone else took him. So IDG is not the hand cutter. Why did IDG scrapped the car then? Could it be of his ocd like not using the same pen.

On 10/27/2019 at 3:04 PM, bebebisous33 said:

IDG has a serious disorder: he is suffering from OCD. He won't use the same pen twice. The director spent much time to show us this and now I am thinking that this information is important.

I think IDG has another disorder CIP. Congenital Insensivity to Pain. Notice in the last episode he took an ice bath. In an earlier post I pointed out that when IDG was in a fight with KPY he was stabbed  by KPY but the next day he was looking cool as a cucumber.

16 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

We know now that IDG is still looking for JSH. Which means when JSH escaped from the hosp someone else took him. So IDG is not the hand cutter. Why did IDG scrapped the car then? Could it be of his ocd like not using the same pen.

I think IDG has another disorder CIP. Congenital Insensivity to Pain. Notice in the last episode he took an ice bath. In an earlier post I pointed out that when IDG was in a fight with KPY he was stabbed  by KPY but the next day he was looking cool as a cucumber.

wah.. thanks for highlighting this possibility. I knew about this disease when watching Dr John. I think it's quite logical he has this disorder too or he is a psychopath. A psychopath often has high tolerance to pain. 

I can't deal with how dumb the majority of the police are. Scenes like when the female officer is trying to figure out how he left the hospital room without being seen and she doesn't check something as obvious as the vents and instead we just get attempted comedic scenes at her attempting to get out of the room? Ruins the vibe of the show for me.

We're getting more pieces of the story but still waiting for it to really hook me, feel like I'm watching as these kinds of shows are a guilty pleasure and I'm following no other weekend shows

Does anyone feel like there's something almost ethereal about nearly all of the "flashbacks" the FL has with her husband? Feel like I'll end up being disappointed if there isn't something off about her and she's just a naive/sheltered character.

So I am trying to piece together the events around KPY’s death.  I went back to rewatch certain scenes.

Let’s look at the timeline again for perspective  (I have taken a segment of it)

3/3     PM?           IDG changed his meeting to email, unaccounted for 2 hours per Young-Min

5:26pm     both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed.  Confrontation.  He tells her to just wait.

~6pm        Sang Hoon meets with KPY at the tea house. KPY storms out. SHoon gets into IDG’s car.  He’s driven to the mental institution and locked up. His car is abandoned at the teahouse with divorce papers inside.

7pm           Sang Hoon's flight to Germany for solar energy conference (who booked it?)

9:15pm     Choi was seen on CCTV at gas station near Song-ju buying gas; has lawyer from Jang&Jang firm presented statement from mistress for alibi claiming that he was with her that day, stopping at gas station to buy gas.

10:55pm    Assemblyman Kim’s accident near Song-Ju; Sang Hoon did not picking up his phone.        

?time?      Kim Pil-yeon might have fought with someone in his hiding.  YM?  I found this strange. If the person had wanted to kill him, why not just do it and then set fire to the building?  There was no fighting when the scene played out to the audience?  

?time?  Kim Pil-Yeon fled after the building was set on fire by Choi.  He was asleep so I put this timeline after the altercation.

3/4                  Kim Pil-Yeon hides at his grandmother house in Ansan... which he later left?  WHY?  

3/5                  Funeral

3/6  SHoon escapes with help of nurse.  YM (?) picks him up from forest?  Presumably he’s the one who has him now?  Does YM now find KPY?  Or did he meet up with KPY earlier?  Because he needed to use KPY’s butcher knife to amputate SHoon’s hand?

?time YM had to return the knife to the butcher shop for the Police to find later...pinning the amputation on KPY.

3/7                  Memorial (hand is delivered, pathologist time of amputation ~ 1-2 days ago

A few days before 3/19 KPY is found by IDG and they fight leaving him with wounds and scratches which the coroner pinpoints to a few days prior to death.

3/19                Kim Pil-yeon found dead in shipping container after contacting Seo-hui to extort $.   Chairman Jeong tells YM to find out what IDG was up to on the day of SHoon’s disappearance?  Which would be 3/3?   He is suspicious of IDG?

Also found out Senior Detective’s name (TaeSik’s Sunbae) is Yu DaeYong so he could very well be the “Y” who is leaking info to IDG as per @bebebisous33’s suspicions.

5417-D2-A1-20-CC-4634-AEB4-9755-FB597-E9

On 10/28/2019 at 1:26 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

have to say though I really like seeing LJH in this role as the enigmatic missing man... albeit a small one... looking relaxed, playing a loving spouse and a down-to-earth character. I wonder if this is the closest to what we'll see of his true self.

Me too . Started watching this because of his cameo , has been a treat to see quite a bit of his screen time .  Sang Hun’s gentle demeanour seems quite close to how he speaks in interviews .(  I wish he’d take on a romantic role again after seeing all these sweet scenes here.  ) Also it’s rare to get a  BTS for a guest role , so hopefully there will be more of him in future episodes . 

LJH & LYY are from the same agency 

@nrllee I wonder how that girl who died fits into all this ...they have not linked her with this land deal so far. 

Yeah the girl is an interesting one. When they mentioned the orphanage I was wondering if she was from there also and maybe a friend of both of the guys. If the friend of the missing guy is properly involved in everything like the end of the episode insinuates she could be his drive for revenge instead of him being in love with the FL. Could be one of those unrequited love triangles and he lost it when she killed herself and blamed the missing guy

Or as she was from the orphanage she knew that the missing guy wasn't the real son and she was threatened to stay quiet/kill herself to protect the missing guy. Would explain why the missing guy was peed off and why the friend would also be as it's indirectly his fault. But then this pulls away from the new business with seems to be the crux of it all.

This is me being very speculative.

(Awful with names and too much effort to go to the start of the thread and figure it all out)

Re: the girl, this may sound farfetched, but this is what I think…

If the girl was from the orphanage, then it would explain why Sang Hun may have known her and was distraught when she died. (After episode two, I became a Sang Hun and Seo Hui shipper and stopped speculating a possible affair.) Also, her backstory as an orphan would further lead me to suspect that she may be KSC’s illegitimate daughter. Hong may have obtained this information and was holding it over KSC’s head to go back to support the new business bill if he wanted to avoid a political scandal. I think this was the issue surrounding Sang Hun and KSC’s argument. Sang Hun was suspecting that someone was using the girl to derail their relocation plans and was planning to investigate. After Sang Hun left, it seemed KSC realized that he should honor his words to the workers and do the right thing regardless of losing his reputation. The mastermind must have caught wind of this and plotted his fatal car accident. As a result, Seo Hui became their pawn. They even coerced Seo Hui’s mom to get involved. Why would she go to such lengths to protect the family’s reputation? She admitted that she doesn’t care for the political games, but gave in order to prevent KSC’s dirty laundry from airing out. She has also mentioned to Seo Hui before that her father did not live a flawless life and seemed to resent him for something he had done. So, since I was reminded that the story will bare that the characters have lies, I just thought the girl may be related to a lie of her father’s. Seo Hui may find out that he was not the perfect husband and father.

@imgreatgal I went back and found your earlier post. Sorry that I missed it. You had a good inkling about it early on :)

On 10/15/2019 at 6:19 AM, imgreatgal said:

My take on the suicide girl. Could she be KSC's daughter with another woman and someone is threatening to expose her?  The girl may have decide to take her life to save KSC"s image. That was JSH and KSC's argument when JSH implies KSC was afraid of his reputation collapsing? Was that what SH's mom meant when she said 'your dad's life wasn't as flawless?

@nrllee I updated the timeline with your comments, sleuth on.

IDG maybe indebted to CEO Jeong but he is making off with Choi's land parcel using Jeong's money.  This loyal servant face could hide a lot of resentment and plotting over the years.

@ktcjdrama thanks for correcting me about the knives.  Know I can always count on you!

I am bother by the fact that Sang Hoon came back and suddenly dove head on into this crusade.  I remember his return and take over of JQ brought discords between him and his father in law, mostly for the fact that it made Assemblyman Kim into  a person who has ties with conglomerates.  The timing of his return coincides with the assemblyman's run for presidential office and RMC's troubles.  Sang Hoon doesn't want to come home at all but he prolly has to cuz Assemblyman Kim is being cold feet to JQ about the bill.  What interests me is how Sang Hoon came to gather all the informations against the new plant by himself. He must have a whistleblower feeding him informations. He couldn't have been this perceptive or knowledgeable about JQ after being abroad for so long. Yeong Min could be the inside man or even the dead girl an informant.

Kim Yil Peon is a union man, a heavy gambler.  JQ has hold on him through Choi and the loan sharks.  Sang Hoon was trying to convince him to do something with/for Assemblyman Kim.  What does he know that could help Sang Hoon?  If we know what it is, we can figure out why he was set up to be the fall guy via the knives.  And killed to kept him silenced.

Timeline

Spoiler

5/26/1994         Traffic accident on Yongjin expressway.  Driver Son Du Gang survived with minor injuries. His passengers, Seo Eun Seuk (CEO Jeong's wife died at the scene and Sang Hoon (son died at hospital).

Years ago          Yu Eun Seong and Jin Yeong-Min were orphans at Yeongwon Children Center

Eun Seong was adopted by CEO Jeong, changed his identity to Sang Hoon (2nd grade)

Months before:  Choi  Chi-deok (Song-ju RMC CEO) bought parcels of land where future solar plant will be (est 20 billion won) with money funded from unknown source (JQ?).   Kim Pil-Yeon (RMC union leader) took out gamble loans, funded by Choi as kick back.  Choi holds 1000 constituent votes in Song-ju, which he plans to give to Kim Seo-hui's party for the upcoming by-election, and has a close working relation ship with Congressman Hong.  Congressman Hong (in same party as Assembly Kim) holds allegiance to JQ CEO Jeong.  

1 month before (~2/19)  Song-ju prosecutor received tip off (from Sang-Hoon) that Choi bought land parcels from insider trading.  Sang-Hoon may have already traced the sale back to his father.

Kim Pil-Yeon dismissed 15 union members, essentially disbanded the union (to ease Choi's RMC sale transaction to JQ).  One RMS union member sets himself on fire in front of Assembly Kim's house (not sure who, timeline uncertain - one of the workers they talked to said it happened months before whilst they were talking about KPY so I assumed it was KPY?  But doesn’t make sense if it’s him unless he was distraught because he was stuck with so much debt and couldn’t say no to the disbanding of the Union)

Days before:       girl's suicide (possible whistleblower?)

Days before:       argument between Sang Hoon + Assemblyman Kim; Sang Hoon left to Song-ju that night.  I think after this Assemblyman Kim decides to hatch plan with SH to take down JQ (?).  Hence the reservation at the hotel where they meet and discuss how?

Days/weeks before:       divorce paper given to Sang Hoon.  (I am not so sure about where this fits, they are still in the abandoned car?)

2/25-3/2              reservation at hotel; Sang Hoon's apt in Song-ju is clean but the fruit in his hotel is fresh, indicating he was there recently.  He did not check out, meaning he was to return to the hotel on 3/3, not flying out to Germany. Both men were cordial on 2/25 (working on something together - to take down JQ?).  Clue about what they were working on from shredded paper pieced together again “Relocation of of SongJu Renewable Energy Business Site”

3/3     PM?           IDG changed his meeting to email, unaccounted for 2 hours per Young-Min

5:26pm     both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed.  Confrontation.  He tells her to just wait.

~6pm        Sang Hoon meets with KPY at the tea house. KPY storms out. SHoon gets into IDG’s car.  He’s driven to the mental institution and locked up. His car is abandoned at the teahouse with divorce papers inside.

7pm           Sang Hoon's flight to Germany for solar energy conference (who booked it?)

8pm     Song-Ju food delivery truck CCTV showed Sang Hoon chasing Kim Pil-Yeon through the restaurant back door, get flagged down by a waiting black car, driven by In.

8:31pm      Car with Sang Hoon inside was last seen on highway from Song-ju

9:15pm     Choi was seen on CCTV at gas station near Song-ju buying gas; has lawyer from Jang&Jang firm presented statement from mistress for alibi claiming that he was with her that day, stopping at gas station to buy gas.

9:17pm       In Dong-ku's car was last seen on road around Yanggye-myeon.  

9:32pm       SangHoon was seen on CCTV being dragged out of car into Yanggye hospital

?time?         Assembly Kim wrote letter to Song-ju RMC labor union to tell them that he will keep his promise to save the factory (workers) and will not support the bill.  His letter was returned (I assume because the RMC factory workers are on strike/ plant is closed).  Not sure when he wrote the letter, just that it was after sundown.

10:55pm    Assemblyman Kim’s accident near Song-Ju; Sang Hoon did not picking up his phone (he has been kidnapped)

?time?      Kim Pil-yeon might have fought with someone in his hiding. I am not sure this is Choi?  Choi came around with the gas he bought and set the building alight whilst KPY was asleep hoping it would kill him.  Choi said in his interrogation that he couldn’t kill an ant and I believe him.  I think he could set fire to a building hoping KPY would die but he wouldn’t have the guts to kill him or even get into a fight with him?  

?time?  Kim Pil-Yeon fled after the building was set on fire.  He was asleep so I put this timeline after the altercation.  KPY flees to Ansan to hide out in his grandma’s home.

3/4                  Kim Pil-Yeon hides at his grandmother house in Ansan... later on he made the phone call 3/19 to SHui to extort money from her (rang her and told her he would tell her everything) so he could get on a ship (stowaway) out of Korea

3/5                  Funeral

3/3/-3/6          SangHoon kept at hospital

3/6  7:12pm  In on expressway (CCTV)  

7:30pm  SangHoon MIA from hospital

8:34pm  In dropped off car at scrapyard

9:12pm  In left scrapyard

3/6  SHoon escapes with help of nurse.  YM (?) picks him up from forest?  Presumably he’s the one who has him now?  Does YM now find KPY?  Or did he meet up with KPY earlier?  Because he needed to use KPY’s butcher knife to amputate SHoon’s hand?

?time YM had to return the knife to the butcher shop for the Police to find later...pinning the amputation on KPY.

3/7                   Park Song Jae (Dr. Park's nephew), part time hospital worker quit

3/7                  Memorial (hand is delivered, pathologist time of amputation ~ 1-2 days ago

3/19                Kim Pil-yeon found dead in shipping container after contacting Seo-hui to extort $

4/3            JQ CEO Jeong Yeong-Mun purchased Song-Ju RMC factory from Choi via his right hand man In Dong Koo.  Choi prepares to leave Song-Ju to the Philippines, from his office.

(? time?) A man left RMC office in a black car

7:01pm         CCTV captured In Dong-Ku entered Choi's RMC office. 

7:59-8pm   Seo-hui received a text on her cell phone about the present at the election HQ.  Choi encounters the package of severed left foot (estimated was severed a few days ago) in the elevator on his way down.  

8:30pm      Choi called police about the box about 30min after he called In.  In stated he advised Choi to contact police as well as admitting he was the person who hired J&J law firm for Choi previously to get the RMC deal closed. Choi fakes illness, get admitted and escaped the hospital.  Was strangled in car and disappeared.  His car was moved to another location, on bridge (why?)

Choi's parcels of land was bought by CEO Son Du Gang of My Yeon industry at a bargain price of 5billion won.  Son Du Gang is now an alcoholic whose son Dong Ku has changed his last name to his mother's maiden name. 

Days later:       Public hearing for the new bill proposal which would allocate 96 billion for the new plant and expected to commence 3-6 months after successful bill passing.

4/16               Taesik and JIn-Gyeong visited Yanggye mental hospital where they were shown a date-changed CCTV file by Dr Park

@imgreatgal IDG could not have been the kidnapper.  On 3/6, he was trying to get rid of the car that was used to take SH to the mental hospital.  At around the same time, Sang Hoon escaped.  Perhaps his wall diagrams is his way of tracing Sang Hoon's whereabouts.

Great ideas floating around about the girls guys!  I don't think she was alone that night since a typed note was put there.  Who was with her?  

We also need to know who caused Assemblyman Kim's accident.  Who would know that he was on his way to see Sang Hoon? Was he on his way to see Sang Hoon or someone else?  Could it be Kim Pil Yeon or another man who lured him to Song Ju.  In Dong-ku dropped Sang Hoon off at 9:30pm and Assemblyman Kim was killed around 10:55pm.  Whoever it was has some paint thinner with him.

3/3/19

8pm     Song-Ju food delivery truck CCTV showed Sang Hoon chasing Kim Pil-Yeon through the restaurant back door, get flagged down by a waiting black car, driven by In.

8:31pm      Car with Sang Hoon inside was last seen on highway from Song-ju

9:15pm     Choi was seen on CCTV at gas station near Song-ju buying gas; has lawyer from Jang&Jang firm presented statement from mistress for alibi claiming that he was with her that day, stopping at gas station to buy gas.

9:17pm       In Dong-ku's car was last seen on road around Yanggye-myeon.  

9:32pm       SangHoon was seen on CCTV being dragged out of car into Yanggye hospital

?time?         Assembly Kim wrote letter to Song-ju RMC labor union to tell them that he will keep his promise to save the factory (workers) and will not support the bill.  His letter was returned (I assume because the RMC factory workers are on strike/ plant is closed).  Not sure when he wrote the letter, just that it was after sundown.

10:55pm    Assemblyman Kim’s accident near Song-Ju; Sang Hoon did not picking up his phone (he has been kidnapped)

To all my CHINGU’s comment. I love them all.  
Episode 6 was very climatic for me. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d4309795da11a287c7

SH knows about the adoption. She also finds out about Jin Young Man. We now know that Jeong Sang Hun called Jin Young-Min when he was locked up. 
I would like to ask everyone Do you remember seeing a clip of Jeong Sang Hun was running in the woods . It was shown while or after Assembly man Kim was driving bins car?? Am I correct? When was he running for his life in the forest??

ODG thinks he is the smarter man in the world. He is monitoring SH through CCTV. The look of surprise in his face when finding out about Jin Young-Min. He never thought he had to check on JYM. Lol lol 

IDG was looking for the Doctor nephew?? Why is that? I could have sworn all three were working together. 

I was jumping for joy when I saw this. It was the perfect cliffhanger and I can’t wait to see what happens next. 
I wouldn’t be surprised if JSG and JYM are working together to stop the business plan going into effect. Meanwhile we have IDG working with that HMK in blackmailing SH. I think JYM must be after revenge. JSH’s childhood wasn’t a good one. I fear he must have been abused. I wonder why that land is so important to the supposed “” JSH, KSC and JYM?? 

I wonder If Jeong Yeong-Mun has any knowledge in IDG’s real plans to finding YSH. HMK seems to be so afraid. Of Jeong YM but JYM put up a really good front of having been lied too. He cares for baby birds falling of a tree and so forth. Does he really love JSH ??? I really don’t know. 

47 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

IDG was looking for the Doctor nephew?? Why is that? I could have sworn all three were working together. 

No I don’t think the nephew was working with IDG and Dr Park.  He was just a part time nurse working in the facility.  SHoon “bought” his help with his watch.  That’s why the nephew left after helping SHoon escape.  The nephew was on the run too.  Remember the meeting of IDG and Dr Park in the tunnel?  He was asking Dr Park if he found his nephew yet (or if his nephew had contacted him).

35 minutes ago, nrllee said:

No I don’t think the nephew was working with IDG and Dr Park.  He was just a part time nurse working in the facility.  SHoon “bought” his help with his watch.  That’s why the nephew left after helping SHoon escape.  The nephew was on the run too.  Remember the meeting of IDG and Dr Park in the tunnel?  He was asking Dr Park if he found his nephew yet (or if his nephew had contacted him).

Thank you for answering @nrllee

On 10/30/2019 at 1:17 AM, taeunfighting said:

They even coerced Seo Hui’s mom to get involved. Why would she go to such lengths to protect the family’s reputation? She admitted that she doesn’t care for the political games, but gave in order to prevent KSC’s dirty laundry from airing out. She has also mentioned to Seo Hui before that her father did not live a flawless life and seemed to resent him for something he had done. So, since I was reminded that the story will bare that the characters have lies, I just thought the girl may be related to a lie of her father’s. Seo Hui may find out that he was not the perfect husband and father.

I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation between SH's mom and Assemblyman Hong in ep1 the first time. I've just re watched that particular scene and yes! Hong definitely had some dirt on KSC. He handed her an envelope which he says is the original as he had promised her in exchange for her coercing SH into running in the bi-election. 

So our theory that the suicide girl could be related to KSC may prove to be right. 

Archived