Quantcast
larus

[Current Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말 - Sat & Sun @ 22:20 KST

@imgreatgal @triplem @nrllee In my opinion, someone tried to destroy the relationship between KSC and his son-in-law, make them turn against each other. The husband said that he would investigate where the things went wrong so the suicide of the woman was not the starting point. Besides, the conflict with the project had already occurred. In other words, the death of that woman was just the trigger for the argument which led KSH's husband to question everything. That's why I am saying that someone was interested in meddling in their alliance. Don't forget that his daughter married the chaebol for her father's career. It can not be just the work of the friend who seems to love KSH. I suspect, the company is related to their quarrel. 

Furthermore, I would like to point out that both victims might have been killed by two different persons.     

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The disagreement between the assemblyman KSC and his son-in-law started with the woman's death. The son-in-law didn't believe in her suicide and wanted to investigate her death. I am even suspecting that he never wanted to become the CEO for that project and had also been manipulated. I guess, the persons behind this thought that they could force the assemblyman to give in as the CEO was his son-in-law. I don't think that her husband killed her father. In fact, there is a third party involved in this. Her friend Jin Young Min knew about the disappearance of KSH's husband. JYM and the father's right man look really suspicious.   

Yay, you liked it. First odd thing for me from episode 1 is JQ CEO's attitude.  He never questioned why Sang Hoon is not present at the funeral.  Does he know the reason of his disappearance? Did they plan this together or did he orchestrated Sang Hoon's disappearance? There was no mentioning of Sang Hoon interrupting his business trip to come back... if not for anything, implied of a strained in-law relationship with assemblyman since he didn't even make an effort to contact his son.

From what I can get in the first episode, not only was Seo-Hee being used as the pawn in this game.  Sang Hoon's decision to live in Germany on these years may have been from his disagreement with his father's company.  He could be the reluctant CEO here, brought back to front JQ's company against his and Seo-Hee's father's wishes.  He agreed for a reason, we should find out later.  His living abroad is to protect Seo Hee, with her father's approval.  The fight we witnessed in the study hints that it is about their work with the woman (whom I strongly suspect is a whistleblower).  May have been lapse in how they planned to protect her and how to move forward now that she is dead.  Sang Hoon's torn between loyalty to his father and doing the right thing.

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

1. Detective Jo finds out that SeoHui followed SangHun at 6pm on the day of her father’s death.  She was the last person to see him? I am unclear as to whether this took place before or after the altercation with the book throwing? 

Love your observation of the hand... which I am guessing also implying the owners' involvement in the lies.  The wedding ring came up quite a bit here since it is their marriage is being questioned.  Was wondering if this shot of the assemblyman's hand means anything, the cuts.

Screenshot 2019-10-13 09.01.29

If Sang Hoon is driving into Song Ju at 6pm, he couldn't have made it to the airport for the 7pm flight.  Seo-Hee followed him, she knows he couldn't have been on the flight either but continues to be quiet when others tell her about his business trip.  Seo-Hee is keeping information from TaeSik, she didn't want to give Sang Hoon an alibi not wanting to divulge publicly her suspicion of the affair.  Whoever is orchestrating this relies on her quiet demeanor to keep the lies going.  She will prove them wrong in time.

The book throwing was before.  Sang Hoon went home to Song Ju that night.  What is the reason for Assembly man Kim's trip in the middle of the night to meet him?

4 hours ago, triplem said:

But LJH’s major cameo here with possible glimpses of him in future scenes , got the better of me .

Seo Hui is not completely transparent with what she’s aware of . The cctv caught her following JH but it was bright day light . So I am a bit confused...was that the day of her father’s death ? So this was before he had the fight with her father right ? 

HAHA, yes our handsome oppa is in this drama.  I cringed when he got the book thrown at him.  Do you think LJH's face will scar? LOL

Fight was before the CCTV footage (which is 6pm the day of the accident).

No one is suspicious of Ho-Kyu...guy is awfully resourceful and bright.  Why is he at the police dept instead at JQ?

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

The book throwing was before.  Sang Hoon went home to Song Ju that night.  What is the reason for Assembly man Kim's trip in the middle of the night to meet him?

That’s what threw me.  The book throwing happened at night?  But the cctv footage of SeoHui following SangHoon was daytime?  Or at least there was some light because they timestamped it 6pm (before the sun set?).  It was his last call and made in the vicinity of the car accident (SongJu)?  Unless they decided to just look through cctv in that vicinity and it wasn’t 6pm that they were sifting through but the whole day’s footage of the accident date to trace his footsteps. 

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

No one is suspicious of Ho-Kyu...guy is awfully resourceful and bright.  Why is he at the police dept instead at JQ

HoKyu definitely has a backstory as well.  He quit a cushy well paying job to work in the police force.  Even Detective Yun expressed his disbelief.  He seems to have a good handle on everything that was happening in JQ. 

But yes as a few have suggested SeoHui isn’t as innocent either because she seems to be hiding facts from Detective Jo.  And that weird dynamic between JQ Chairman (Bonsai Man) and his son SangHoon.  You would think he would be panicking a bit if he knew his son was in danger?  SH is his ONLY son?  Were they hiding him to keep him safe and he broke out to try to investigate only to be nabbed by the 3rd party involved hence the dismembered hand in the box as a warning not just to SeoHui but everyone else there at the memorial?  She was needed to identify the hand as her husband’s (wedding band) but maybe it was to send a warning to JQ chairman?  

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

The female detective is really annoying. In the second episode, her comments were so stupid and even rude. I wished, the writer would changer her personality.

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

That’s what threw me.  The book throwing happened at night?  But the cctv footage of SeoHui following SangHoon was daytime?  Or at least there was some light because they timestamped it 6pm (before the sun set?).  It was his last call and made in the vicinity of the car accident (SongJu)?  Unless they decided to just look through cctv in that vicinity and it wasn’t 6pm that they were sifting through but the whole day’s footage of the accident date to trace his footsteps. 

Trying to put the timeline together, please correct me

2/25-3/2              reservation at hotel; Sang Hoon's apt in Song-ju is clean but the fruit in his hotel is fresh, indicating he was there recently.  He did not check out, meaning he was to return to the hotel on 3/3, not flying out to Germany.  Both men were cordial on 2/25 (working on something together).

Days before:       girl's suicide

Days before:       argument between Sang Hoon + Assemblyman Kim; Sang Hoon left to Song-ju that night

Days before:       divorce paper given to Sang Hoon

3/3    5:26pm      both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed

~6pm        Sang Hoon's last phone call to someone while on road to Song-ju (assuming with the man whom he met at the teahouse) It's the same day because he wears the same tan jacket/pink polo shirt that we saw on freeway with his wife.  Man could be connected to Songju mixed concrete.

7pm           Sang Hoon's flight to Germany for solar energy conference (who booked it?)

10:55pm    Assemblyman Kim’s accident near Song-Ju; Sang Hoon did not picking up his phone

3/3                       Kim Pil-yeon fought with someone in abandoned building and went into hiding

3/5                  Funeral

3/7                  Memorial (hand is delivered, pathologist time of amputation ~ 1-2 days ago)

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 7

I haven’t watched Ep2 yet.  But great timeline (suspect board) @bedifferent for us to work on.  Look at us, we’re doing the policing for Detective Jo and team.  :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@nrllee episode 2 is quite convoluted.  The divorce paper may have been given earlier than 3/3.  Sang Hoon apparently didn't go home but to the hotel I assume since the paper still remained in his car. I'm gonna change my timeline a bit. LOL

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Trying to look for spoiler cuts till I get my hands on the actual episode...was this in the past or her imagination @bedifferent

• Like 7

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Trying to look for spoiler cuts till I get my hands on the actual episode...was this in the past or her imagination ?

dream :)

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, triplem said:

2. That good friend of Sang Hun or was it the bro ..he’s also privy to a lot of information. Not sure if we can completely trust him . 

Yes, I'm getting the *suspicious good friend* tingle.

15 hours ago, nrllee said:

Warning Long post

Keep them coming!

16 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I don't like the TS female short hair detective. She's a bit overacting. Perhaps I will get used to her later. 

Haha, she's total comic relief :D Now that we're in Ep 2, I found her and the captain to be much-needed tension dispellers. It would be exhausting to stay in dark mode throughout. I'm actually liking the dynamics of the investigation team, the writer has thrown in enough casual banter and personality tics for them to come across as real people. While they're not the most brilliant officers, they are comfortable with each other, indulge in gallows humour now and then, and get things done.

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, I do think that KSH's husband loved her and the separation had a different reason.

Ep 2 is totally in line with your theory and I favour this too. *But* since this is so early on, I'm also prepared to be thrown a loop. This is proving to be a fascinating watch, I hope the ratings go up as more people get sucked in. 

@bedifferent

Whoa, bravo on that timeline!

=========

And can I just rave again, the cinematography and shot angles are just art, and the background music - bellissima

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I am sorry to say this but Kang Jin Kyung's character annoys me to the core. She looks stupid and annoying. I mean the character, not the actress. 

• Like 3

@triplem gah...those 2 need a melo together as main leads... :wub:.  Next time.  I am desperately hoping that even with that “dream” it says they did love one another at some point?  Surely?  I am off to watch Ep2 now.

Also the subs seem a bit off at times?  I recall being flabbergasted when Detective Jo was watching cctv footage of Assemblyman Kim’s car at a set of lights and he notes that even though the brake lights come on, the car doesn’t slow down so he says, “looks like he runs out of oil” (subs say)...and I scratch my head thinking, “petrol? The car will stop running altogether with no petrol?”  I think he probably said “brake fluid”.  :o But subs translated it to “oil”.

• Like 7

The chairman of JQ Group reproached his right-hand man In Dong Koo to be the cause of all this. This means that the latter had developed a strategy which the chairman approved but since his son has been hurt, in his eyes IDK is to blame. This makes me think that the chairman of JQ might have approved KSC's death, maybe in order to stop his son from investigating further. The woman had already been killed (faked suicide) but instead of destroying the alliance,  JSH announced to his father-in-law, he will investigate in order to find where all went wrong. As conclusion, the death of the woman had the opposite effect therefore they planned the same thing for the assemblyman so that JSH would stop. If JTS hadn't found the traces on the road, he would have come to the conclusion that KSC had committed suicide. 

What also caught my attention were the words In Dong Koo told to Kim Pil Yeon: "Where is JSH hiding?" So the right-hand man believes that JSH has not been kidnapped but disappeared on his own volition. He heard that the hand belonged to JSH, yet IDK still thinks that JSH is not a victim and is trying to stop JQ with faking his "disappearance".

Since we saw JSH running in the woods barefoot, it means that he was still close to Sonju. He definitely met someone else there. Strangely, the person who hurt and even killed JSH seems to have the same goal than JQ Group: KSH has to become an assemblywoman but I suspect for a different reason. Like I had written before, there is a third party no one is aware of at this moment.    

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Ep2 is titled “Target” - who is the real target?

I get the feeling it’s SeoHui.  Everything seems to revolve around her.  I don’t know why yet.  I thought it was strange that Det Jo asked SeoHui at the scene of the car accident, “Do you know who harmed your Father and your Husband?”  And to her reply, “how would I know?” He point blank said, “It was you Ms Kim”.

@bedifferent I think your timeline seems right - I will repost it with some comments 

Days before:       girl's suicide (possible whistleblower?)

Days before:       argument between Sang Hoon + Assemblyman Kim; Sang Hoon left to Song-ju that night.  I think after this Assemblyman Kim decides to hatch plan with SH to take down JQ (?).  Hence the reservation at the hotel where they meet and discuss how?

Days before:       divorce paper given to Sang Hoon.  (I am not so sure about where this fits, they are still in the abandoned car?)

2/25-3/2              reservation at hotel; Sang Hoon's apt in Song-ju is clean but the fruit in his hotel is fresh, indicating he was there recently.  He did not check out, meaning he was to return to the hotel on 3/3, not flying out to Germany. Both men were cordial on 2/25 (working on something together - to take down JQ?).  Clue about what they were working on from shredded paper pieced together again “Relocation of of SongJu Renewable Energy Business Site” (were they intending to relocate it so the existing factory could remain in operation?)

3/3    5:26pm     both Seo-Hee and Sang Hoon are seen on CCTV on the way from Seoul to Song-ju

5:30-6pm  Seo-Hee stopped Sang Hoon on freeway, his head wound has healed.  Confrontation.  He tells her to just wait.

~6pm        Sang Hoon's last phone call to someone while on road to Song-ju (assuming with the man whom he met at the teahouse) It's the same day because he wears the same tan jacket/pink polo shirt that we saw on freeway with his wife.  Man could be connected to Songju mixed concrete. SH’s car is abandoned at MiriDong after he meets with this man. Lady at HuiSuk tea house says they had an argument. The man (Kim PilYeon?) said he shouldn’t have trusted SH. SH reaches into his jacket and pulls something out to thrust into the man’s hand (looked like papers) but the man doesn’t back down, takes the papers and storms off.  Assemblyman Kim’s name was brought up many times. Presumably this was where SH was taken/kidnapped  (he couldn’t have left that rural area without his car...it was abandoned there).  

7pm           Sang Hoon's flight to Germany for solar energy conference (who booked it?)

10:55pm    Assemblyman Kim’s accident near Song-Ju; Sang Hoon did not picking up his phone.    

3/3                       Kim Pil-yeon fought with someone in abandoned building and went into hiding.  Building is set on fire. I found this strange. If the person had wanted to kill him, why not just do it and then set fire to the building?  There was no fighting when the scene played out to the audience? The guy came in whilst KPY was asleep, poured kerosene, lit it and left? When did the fighting happen?  The owner said he heard fighting, left to ring the police and by the time he got back, the place was ablaze and KPY was seen fleeing the scene? So it sounds like there were 2 things that could’ve happened?  There was an altercation with KPY, SH fled (this was the “fighting” owner heard). KPY went to sleep, some other man comes back and sets fire to the premises and he flees?

If SH fled (intact) and shoeless, he would be running and then caught by someone else (the person who amputates him with KPY’s butcher knife).

3/5                  Funeral

3/7                  Memorial (hand is delivered, pathologist time of amputation ~ 1-2 days ago)

Chairman Jeong sends his henchman to find Kim PilYeon demanding that SH be brought back otherwise the henchman no longer has a spot in the organisation.  KPY and henchman have a fight and KPY escapes.  He rings SeoHui and tells her to come to the shipping yard with money (?).  Bizarre because it doesn’t look like he’s there to collect?  Unless he sort of is...he’s the guy SeoHui finds hanging in the shipping container?  I think KPY and the people behind the whole thing are 2 different things.  KPY doesn’t have the know how to hack her computer and the threat directed required her to become an Assemblywoman, she isn’t even in the running yet.  I think KPY is caught up in this whole thing and is a red herring.

Other notes

• Chairman of the RMC Union (?) seems very nonchalant about the whole thing...says he doesn’t know Kim PilYeon personally.  Says he’s just like everybody else? He picks out a bug from the turmeric tea he makes Detective Jo (eww…). Don’t trust him.  He’s hiding something.
  • As suggested by @bebebisous33, Chairman Jeong might have wanted Assemblyman Kim dead.  He didn’t seem particularly devastated that SH was also “missing”.  Did he have people keep SH away in hiding (maybe his henchman and KPY?) because he knew SH would be against the “accidental death” of Assemblyman Kim?  Hence the cover up...with business trip... Somehow something went horribly wrong here, SH escapes (?), gets captured by some other party who were happy to amputate his hand as a warning.  Chairman Jeong would not have ordered this.  SH was his only son.  He was visibly shaken when the hand was identified as SH’s.  Hence his angry outburst telling his henchman to track down KPY and bring SH back alive.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

@nrllee Yes, I agree that SH seems to be the real target. First, let us not forget that SH spent 4 years in Germany with her husband. So she was far away... what if this stay in Germany had something to do with SH in the first place?  First, we assumed that JSH went there and SH had just to follow him. But what if it was the opposite? JSH and KSC wanted her out of the country.

Secondly, as soon as they got back, SH was sent to her father. It was as if her father's role was to protect his daughter. If so, then JSH knew that by his side, SH would get exposed to danger. 

Notice that once both are removed, SH is left without protection. Her mother and her father-in-law are doing nothing for her. Furthermore, after their disappearance, she was approached by two people:

- the politician who worked for JQ Group

- the kidnapper, the one who cut JSH's hand

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, nrllee said:
  • Chairman Jeong might have wanted Assemblyman Kim dead.  He didn’t seem particularly devastated that SH was also “missing”.  Did he have people keep SH away in hiding (maybe his henchman and KPY?) because he knew SH would be against the “accidental death” of Assemblyman Kim?  Hence the cover up...with business trip... Somehow something went horribly wrong here, SH escapes (?), gets captured by some other party who were happy to amputate his hand as a warning.  Chairman Jeong would not have ordered this.  SH was his only son.  He was visibly shaken when the hand was identified as SH’s.  Hence his angry outburst telling his henchman to track down KPY and bring SH back alive.

This is the most plausible theory for me right now. I don't actually think JQ chairman would want his son dead but he would want his son out of the way. JQ taking over the site where the factory was angered the workers and provoked the union leader KPY to protest against Assemblyman Kim. Kim was seen as supporting the conglomerate - so it felt like a betrayal . Kim and SH may have been trying to find a win win solution but something fell through . KPY was the one with SH at the restaurant in the rural place and he got mad because promises were not kept. But KPY did  not kill Kim or abducted  SH. KPY is a scapegoat in this whole scenario and the guy hanging at the end is likely him. 

I liked that dream scenario , it was particularly moving ( oh yeah they would definitely match if they did a romance melodrama) .Unless the drama is intending to confuse us, Sang Hun and Seo Hui seemed like a couple in love. The little notes he kept , picture of her in his Songju apartment. They were already apart when he lived in Songju , so he must have still loved her very much to have those things with  him. Which means whatever he is doing - keeping her away from him, not letting her know what is going is to protect her. Someone threatened him (his dad?) ...

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

JSH announced to his father-in-law, he will investigate in order to find where all went wrong

Assemblyman Kim and Sang Hun did not seem to be in bad terms at all . The way the Kim grasped his son in law's hands in that hotel cctv, shows he was grateful to SH.  So I am guessing when he threw the book against SH's head he was mad that SH did not think of Seo Hui' safety first.

Eps 2 was really good too. I am glad our detective is really on the ball when it comes to putting clues and hints together.  Now I wish I could binge watch this...and oh...I hope Sang Hun isn't a bad person by the end of this and hopefully is alive..:sweatingbullets:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

I agree that female detective's role is kinda annoying. I understand that the writer needs to lower the tension with some light and funny scenes but seriously her scenes aren't funny. I feel like the writers are forcing her character too much.

I don't have any complain for other characters. 

I hope the storyline will be superb. I belive there will be a twisted and complicated case that hard to solve.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

First, let us not forget that SH spent 4 years in Germany with her husband. So she was far away... what if this stay in Germany had something to do with SH in the first place?  First, we assumed that JSH went there and SH had just to follow him. But what if it was the opposite? JSH and KSC wanted her out of the country.

Secondly, as soon as they got back, SH was sent to her father. It was as if her father's role was to protect his daughter. If so, then JSH knew that by his side, SH would get exposed to danger. 

I agree that JSH could be protecting SH when he left with her to Germany. The chairman had wanted to handover the company to JSH but i believe JSH is avoiding it because that would look bad for his father in-law when he becomes the ceo of the new business. My question is why did SH and JSH came back separately. SH has been back in Korea for a year while JSH only returned 4 months ago. 

32 minutes ago, triplem said:

This is the most plausible theory for me right now. I don't actually think JQ chairman would want his son dead but he would want his son out of the way. JQ taking over the site where the factory was angered the workers and provoked the union leader KPY to protest against Assemblyman Kim. Kim was seen as supporting the conglomerate - so it felt like a betrayal . Kim and SH may have been trying to find a win win solution but something fell through . KPY was the one with SH at the restaurant in the rural place and he got mad because promises were not kept. But KPY did  not kill Kim or abducted  SH. KPY is a scapegoat in this whole scenario and the guy hanging at the end is likely him

I think this is more that just a fight between JQ and the factory workers, a third party could be involve. Someone may have threatened KSC that JSH didn't know about. The JQ chairman knew from the beginning that JSH had gone missing and even tried to deny it when the hand was discovered. So the chairman could be in some deal with a third party that we have yet to know.

The characters charts is in korean so I don't know how Young Min and In Dong Koo fits into JQ. There is a photo of Young Min and JSH together it seems that they have been closed since young. I believed Young Min too knew JSH has been missing.

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Chairman Jeong sends his henchman to find Kim PilYeon demanding that SH be brought back otherwise the henchman no longer has a spot in the organisation.  KPY and henchman have a fight and KPY escapes.  He rings SeoHui and tells her to come to the shipping yard with money (?).  Bizarre because it doesn’t look like he’s there to collect?  Unless he sort of is...he’s the guy SeoHui finds hanging in the shipping container?  I think KPY and the people behind the whole thing are 2 different things.  KPY doesn’t have the know how to hack her computer and the threat directed required her to become an Assemblywoman, she isn’t even in the running yet.  I think KPY is caught up in this whole thing and is a red herring.

The one who sent SH the video is the same person who cut JSH hand and not KPY. Could Mr Hong be the culprit because he was adamant that she run in the bi-election. 

The chairman looked clam watching that announcement on TV and looks like IDK is back. I thought he was stabbed by KPY  but he doesn't look injured. 

• Like 8

Woooh. I'm not done yet with episode 2. Just just starting.  I'm not looking at spoilers yet so haven't read  soompiers post in this thread so I'll check later and back read. I want to join in with the  disccusion.  My fav soompiers here. I know I'll understand the drama.

I'm done episode with episode  1 and sjust started episode 2 but wanted to just pause 5:50 secs.. just to post. Fantastic acting by Lee Yoo Young. I like her expression and reactions, and her emotions.  I like her since first time seeing her in Tunnel.  Didn't watch her previous drama but.. Watching this one now.

After watching episode 1 of this drama. I immediately know  I prefer this  over Leverage ( I already check two episodes but I FF scenes so.. can tell how I feel). I guess I like my drama to be more of substance. But that's just me.  Sorry  I can't think of the correct term so use susbtance but you what I mean. Okay back to the episode 2. And more once I'm done.

• Like 10