[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@AC95 Great post and I enjoyed reading it. :wub: I had thought about nuclear energy but dropped it because I thought, this can't be considered renewable energy. But it seems that I was wrong.

True is that in Germany, nuclear energy has been dropped and the government (although it is still subsidizing coal-fired power stations) encourages wind- and solar energy. There are even huge fields of wind turbines at sea or fields of solar panels. Even on many house roofs, you can see solar modules, even though Germany is not known as a sunny country. I can imagine how JSH discovered that he had been misled.

Under the disguise of progress and respectability, JQ could be planning the construction of a nuclear plant station and the sites located on the map are where the waste is supposed to be dropped. Combined with the burial sites of abused children, this would kill two birds with one stone.    

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So far, I haven't seen anyone looking like him. 

I haven't either. I wonder if he is the same person who slipped the note with the dates into Seo Hui's hands. Whoever he is, he seems to want to guide her in the right direction. Too bad she couldn't spot him in the CCTV.

What would be totally left field is if the whole story about the death of Chairman’s wife and the real SHoon was all a set up so they could escape him. :lol:  And he’s (SHoon1) back to enact revenge partnering with SHoon2.

Sorry but my mind is going wild with theories.  :lol: Ignore me. 

11 hours ago, nrllee said:

I agree @liltash85.  The only thing that makes me believe it’s a possibility that SHoon is still the mastermind is because of the modus operandi of Lee JoonHyuk ( @triplem can vouch for this).  He has this strange predilection in choice of roles - the bizarre appeals to him. :lol:.  Initially I thought that perhaps he departed from his MO because he’s not even in the listed cast and is supposed to just “cameo” (and I thought he did it as a favour to his label mate LYY).  For a cameo, he sure is in a lot of scenes :lol: so far...so I am still thinking he could potentially be the mastermind despite the “ick” factor (you have to be of a depraved mind to be self mutilating...piecemeal... :crazy:). 

Based solely on this alone ...I am certain now that Sang Hun is the mastermind behind this :joy:. IKR, he rarely plays these straight characters - even in his "good guy "roles , he makes you doubt him initially.

----------------------

I am really enjoying this drama and thread , and everyone's input and theories have been on my mind alot.   

I think it was @imgreatgal who mentioned earlier about the pic of SH with a kid in the hospital...what do you all think? I doubt it's his illegitimate child . So what is the significant of this ? The kid is likely suffering from cancer . Related to the orphanage ? Or just Seo Hui reminiscing about the sort of kind person that Sang Hun was ? 

Spoiler

VyeUxyI.jpg

11 hours ago, liltash85 said:

After watching epi 8, I don’t think Sang Hoon is the mastermind to cut him self. I am saying this based on timeline. 

14/02 : CSY death and JSH fought with his FIL

3/03 : Assembly man KSC death and JSH taken to mental hospital. 

6/03 : JSH missing from hospital. 

I don’t think someone can plan this kind of gruesome plan in 2 weeks. This kind of crazy way of revenge needs months to years of planning because the want needs to be amputated needs to be trained to endure certain pain (though they will be sedated when being cut) but still, the effect after is painful as you are missing your limbs and eyeball! 

This is just my logical theory. 

I think there is someone else behind all this. 

This bugged me as well. 

Let's say I go with the theory that SH is a willing participant in this  - then maybe I am reading YM wrongly. No doubt he is jealous of SH , and has been presented as a rather conflicted person but I also remember him being very big brother like to SH -giving food when he was young etc. So it's a love hate sort of relationship. So what are the odds that YM is helping SH?  I know we were shown that SH ran off but this drama likes to show us bits and pieces . I keep thinking about YM because if there was anyone capable of such a convoluted plan it would be YM. He was the smart one at school, the one who laid down the groundwork for JQ's new business. SH ran off with nothing on him - he could not have gone home. He needed someone to help him with this. The way YM was washing his hand could be him feeling the pain for SH ,  or him feeling disgusted with himself.  

Wow, this forum is on FIRE and every comment is a gem.

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

who knows what other nefarious deeds were performed to cover up the chairman's business and extracurricular activities. 

I do actually dig this angle and find it internally consistent and plausible as a potential endgame. Speaking of nefarious, on Sunday my partner started calling him 'Palpatine' and I laughed so hard :lol: 

I just couldn't resist having a gander at an energy/politics story :D  Or some hybrid as below... 

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Combined with the burial sites of abused children, this would kill two birds with one stone.    

What I have loved about this series (and this thread) is that the writers have been fairly skillful in casting multiple possibilities and playing with our expectations. By this Saturday, new dimensions will doubtless open up and I look forward to being surprised more than anything else. At this point I would totally be on board with a double fake SH1 & 2  ( @nrllee )!

Because as the song says, who knows, who really, who really knows *soulful electronica*

55 minutes ago, triplem said:

Based solely on this alone ...I am certain now that Sang Hun is the mastermind behind this :joy:. IKR, he rarely plays this straight characters - even in his "good guy "roles , he makes you doubt him initially.

Of course, those of us lonely souls in the Lee Joon-hyuk thread knew by instinct that he was going to just appear and appear and appear and become integral to the plot (tongue firmly lodged in cheek :phew:  winking at @triplem ) I just worry he is going to run out of appendages soon, or that a big bad will make the next package terminal. 

Keep the observations and theories coming, much looking forward all

18 minutes ago, AC95 said:

he was going to just appear and appear and appear and become integral to the plot

I know.  I thought he was just doing LYY a favour and doing a cameo and disappear after Ep1.  Had he done that I would’ve just assumed he was just playing a straight up cheating husband or good husband caught up in it all.  I mean that’s what cameos do right (Stan Lee Imma looking at you)?  They aren’t supposed to feature in nearly every episode and be on the suspect list.  :blink:

Any more loss of limbs or body parts he may well need a Vader suit. 

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.” - Palpatine.

Right now I have no idea who's on target or on the money :lol: I'm dealing largely in probabilities based on what we know. And drawing on my slender knowledge of K cop shows of course. But the more I think about what we do know... the more questions I have. ;) Well, it's been more fun on this thread than the previous 6 episodes.

45 minutes ago, AC95 said:

I just couldn't resist having a gander at an energy/politics story :D  Or some hybrid as below... 

Of course. ;) The show has been stingy on details so your guess is as good as mine. I'm just not sure in this day and age the nuclear angle is serious enough to warrant this much murder and mayhem. 

Hmmm... someone told me that this was a only cameo appearance for LJH. :phew: Including the body parts, he's been in every episode. As for LJH and his drama choices I didn't think he was that dubious in A Poem a Day. Rude, brusque and rigid perhaps but never dubious. :D But that's by and by. ;) I'm doubtful that he's the mastermind of the counter-conspiracy mainly because of all his activities prior to being carried off by the men in white coats. And as a JQ insider there must be easier and less painful ways of getting to the chairman and his lackeys than what transpired afterwards. But is JS-hun the kind of man who is capable of dreaming up something as sadistic and macabre as all that? 

Painful though it may seem, it's minutely better than what they did to LJH's character in Designated Survivor. 

The scene  in episode 8..YM staring at the mirror...as if scared or confuse..then washed his hands vigorously...as if to rid of something.  Why show that scene in the first place anyway. That is the clue for me. Perhaps he caught up with S-hun in the woods.  Who would have the money and the power to stage and help with self care for S-hun. it's YM. He has always been on the side of S-Hun. From the orphanage to same company.. and even when S-hun was in Germarny, he would communicate with him. He would tease him about pinky fingernail. Who knows S-hun... better than  anyone. It's YM. Even S-hui said YM knows him best.  If anyone knows S-hun predicament.. it's probably YM.    Oh yeah also he lied when TS ask if he met up with S-hun in the wood. These are clues

What I'm confused about... I  don't t think S-hun will mutilate himself because that would mean he doesn't care about S-hui?

6 hours ago, AC95 said:

Of course, those of us lonely souls in the Lee Joon-hyuk thread knew by instinct that he was going to just appear and appear and appear and become integral to the plot (tongue firmly lodged in cheek :phew:  winking at @triplem ) I just worry he is going to run out of appendages soon, or that a big bad will make the next package terminal. 

We have been blessed :lol:  . I don’t think either  of us expected his surprise cameo to be as extended as it is . I am hoping we see him right to the end . Honestly,  no more body parts please . How Is it even physically & psychologically possible for him to be sitting up

like that after the amputations and the removal of his eye ? @bedifferent are you up to speed ? Need  your medical perspective on this ! 

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hmmm... someone told me that this was a only cameo appearance for LJH. :phew: Including the body parts, he's been in every episode. As for LJH and his drama choices I didn't think he was that dubious in A Poem a Day. Rude, brusque and rigid perhaps but never dubious. :D But that's by and by. ;) I'm doubtful that he's the mastermind of the counter-conspiracy mainly because of all his activities prior to being carried off by the men in white coats. And as a JQ insider there must be easier and less painful ways of getting to the chairman and his lackeys than what transpired afterwards. But is JS-hun the kind of man who is capable of dreaming up something as sadistic and macabre as all that? 

Painful though it may seem, it's minutely better than what they did to LJH's character in Designated Survivor. 

Lol! That would be me . He was not listed on the cast at all - then a couple of weeks or less before they started, we saw his face on the character chart & he mentioned on a radio interview that he’s got a surprise in store . You’re right - in APAD he wasn’t a dubious character but still he had some secrets . :lol: And the irony is it feels like  he has more screen time here ( body parts and all ) than he did in DS60 even though he was supposedly the main cast in that one . 
————————

There  was a scene in eps 8 that struck me about Seo Hui that perhaps gave me a bit more perspective to her emotional state  . You know when she found out that Sang Hun went to the reporter’s  funeral and then heard he was so distraught, I think one of the things that may have crossed her mind is he may have had an affair. I remember she asked him that the last time she saw him at her father’s house  . (She was baffled at his distance to the point she was asking for a divorce.  ) Noticed how she drove off like a mad woman-  it wasn’t because she was rushing to tell Tae Sik, she was afraid her fears about him actually having an affair would come true . She was upset . Unlike us viewers who are privy to what’s going on in the background, Seo Hui at that point would not have a clue . ( Of course later on in the preview, she’ll discover the reporter is helping SH investigate JQ. ) 

So  I think I will cut her some slack on her sometimes frustrating ( at least to me )  naive decisions. It’s not easy to make rational ones  given all the emotions she’s going through.  She’s really dealing with a lot - not just from the loss of her father and missing husband but she must be grappling with how her seemingly happy marriage became  the way it is . She must have thought she knew Sang Hun but it seems she didn’t. She’s actually holding up a lot better then I think I would if I were in her place . 

@jongski yes , YM has not been very truthful which is a big warning sign . But surprisingly he did not fail the lie detector, perhaps they weren’t asking the right questions 

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Let's say I go with the theory that SH is a willing participant in this  - then maybe I am reading YM wrongly. No doubt he is jealous of SH , and has been presented as a rather conflicted person but I also remember him being very big brother like to SH -giving food when he was young etc. So it's a love hate sort of relationship. So what are the odds that YM is helping SH?  I know we were shown that SH ran off but this drama likes to show us bits and pieces . I keep thinking about YM because if there was anyone capable of such a convoluted plan it would be YM. He was the smart one at school, the one who laid down the groundwork for JQ's new business. SH ran off with nothing on him - he could not have gone home. He needed someone to help him with this.

I like what you said here. I'm feeling a bit swayed. :sweatingbullets:

While I still lean toward Sang Hun being the brain behind the plan, I am on the fence about whether YM is aiding him or not. I find the scene between Sang Hun and YM in the forest to be ambiguous. Upon hearing about his FIL’s death, Sang Hun immediately suspects foul play by “them” including YM. YM tries to convince Sang Hun that he is here to help him, but I don’t know if it’s because Sang Hun has reached his breaking point with CSH and KSC’s deaths that it’s caused him to distrust anyone now including YM so he runs off without hearing YM out. I cannot tell if YM running after Sang Hun is him trying to help Sang Hun escape to safety then try to rationalize with him or catch him for the chairman. One thing that was particular interesting about their conversation is that both Sang Hun and YM seemed to have previously tried to get the chairman to reconsider JQ’s plans. YM said that they had practically begged the chairman so he was sure that the chairman would change his mind if they went to go see him together. So, as of now, I see YM is perfectly set up to be a wild card. His motives and intentions can tip either way.

There are still many questions about YM left unanswered.

When the police discovered that it was YM that Sang Hun had called on the worker’s cell phone, it cut to the scene of YM dressed incognito leaving with a black duffel bag. Did we ever get to see what he was up to?

What is his seemingly close connection to CSH? When he was appointed as the lead of JQ and had the flashback of CSH, he appeared to be sad about it. When he went to confront IDG about the re-investigation, was he really indifferent about her murder or was it part a guise to play IDG?

10 hours ago, triplem said:

The way YM was washing his hand could be him feeling the pain for SH ,  or him feeling disgusted with himself.

6 hours ago, jongski said:

The scene  in episode 8..YM staring at the mirror...as if scared or confuse..then washed his hands vigorously...as if to rid of something.  Why show that scene in the first place anyway. That is the clue for me.

Good observation. There's definitely something peculiar about the washing of hands. Also, when IDG planted the box in YM's office, why was he so shaken up and drove quite a distant to try to get rid of it?

The reason why I still think Sang Hun is leading it and willing to sacrifice his body is because he seems desperate enough to go to extreme measures to expose the truth. After CSH and KSC’s deaths plus being forced into a mental hospital, I’m sure his mental state has been impaired. I doubt he can go back to the old Sang Hun.

11 hours ago, jongski said:

The scene  in episode 8..YM staring at the mirror...as if scared or confuse..then washed his hands vigorously...as if to rid of something.  Why show that scene in the first place anyway. That is the clue for me.

When he did that, my mind went to him being the non medical person hacking SHoon’s hand/foot off... at SHoon’s sick request :crazy:...that’s why he tried desperately to wash his hands... pure guesswork on my part.  Why else would he need wash it so vigorously?  

Also KPY’s death, are we convinced that IDG was the one?  Or maybe it was YM and that’s why he washed his hands? 

Unless it was YM who delivered the foot and that’s why he was so frantic (and wanted to burn it) when he got the parcel with the jacket from IDG. So he delivered the foot and was frantically trying to clean his hands after because it was so gruesome. 

The uniform could be related to something else that YM did in secret instead of leaving the foot in the lift. Something that IDG knew about and is trying to remind YM. I don't think IDG would've known YM went to that building...? 

Some more random thoughts...

I saw an elderly gentleman today at the local shopping centre and his entire right arm looked to be amputated. Not sure about his foot but he was relying on a single crutch to walk. I imagine if SHun doesn't die from being chopped up further he can still get by. I keep wondering if they've got the bits on ice somewhere awaiting his return. But it's been 3 months... is it too far gone?

I suppose I have a rather different take on YM. I had a look at his interrogation scene again and it confirmed what I had thought the first time as well as causing me to rethink other things. I still believe he is a conflicted figure. He is a tortured soul and he seems to carry far more secrets than is healthy. I don't think he was ever jealous of SHun or SHun's status as CEO or coveted it. His affection for SHun is genuine and when he says wants SH to come back alive, I believe him. He certainly wasn't that happy to be the new CEO. I expect he knows he's set up to be the fall guy. But he had more trouble responding to the question about whether he was jealous of SHun becoming the chairman's son. Unfortunately for us he as saved from answering that question. ;) There are people who can buck the polygraph but I don't think that's the case with YM. 

With regards to the handwashing, there are two possibilities. It immediately reminded me of Pilate before he sentenced Jesus to death in Matthew's gospel. He washed his hands and told those who demanded the crucifixion that he "was innocent of this man's blood" and so the matter of Jesus' death was their responsibility. The other story it reminded me of was Lady Macbeth who had lost her mind from guilt after the killing of Duncan sleepwalking and muttering "All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little hand."

This is my take: YM is not someone to rock the boat particularly where the chairman is concerned. I think he's completely loyal to the chairman so he won't do anything to cross him so he will close one eye to the dark side of the chairman's activities, focusing his energies primarily on making the business a success. There are lines he won't cross. This is where IDG comes in. YM wants to be the good guy... keep everyone happy but the truth is just by keeping quiet about what he knows or trying to prevent people from getting hurt is almost as bad. He's carrying a lot of guilt for watching people he cares about get hurt when he stood by and did nothing. He allowed thing to happen by doing nothing to stop them. He may have rationalized his position but deep down he must have an inkling that he's culpable to some degree.

Did SHun really have a mental health issues? I wonder. We only know that because that's what the dodgy people told us. Yes, he has a history of something. But that can be faked too and it's possible that placing him in the mental facility was more incarceration than treatment. Every flashback that I've seen of him suggests he was of sound mind. He was a man with a conscience, likeable and was desperately trying to do the right thing.

Lastly, if SHun were to survive this revenge business... he should seriously consider piracy as a change of career. (Princess Bride alert) He's already halfway there with the right look. 

13 hours ago, triplem said:

How Is it even physically & psychologically possible for him to be sitting up like that after the amputations and the removal of his eye ? @bedifferent are you up to speed ? Need  your medical perspective on this ! 

I just finished watching E8, life has been whirlwind this week.  I haven't read all of your comments but do want to drop off my own, unswayed by your thoughts first :lol:

Gut, instinct, tell me.

1) It is not Sang Hoon who orchestrated the body parts shipments.  Main reason is that the hand with ring was the first to sent to Seo Hui.  That tells me the person wants to severe the marriage.  Why called your severed hand a present to your wife?  It makes absolutely no sense.   What kind of reactions do you expect her to have?  She can't possibly love the gift.  Sang Hoon loves her too much to do this, he didn't even want to sign the divorce paper.  Also, I can't fathom why he wants to involve her into this whole JQ mess.  He didn't want before his disappearance, why now?  He adores her.  This is not something a husband would want to do to his love.  Plus, I feel he would never do this to spite his father in law, Assemblyman Kim, who was helping him.  It's too much of a betrayal and a sign of disrespect.  Sang Hoon seems like an honorable man who wants to do the right thing via the right means.  

2) Secondly, Seo Hui's quiet personality, her inexperience in the political den, doesn't make her a good candidate for political office.  Why push for her to run when you know she has a slim chance of winning the seat?  It seems counterintuitive for Sang Hoon (who knows his wife well) to take this risk and even put her through all the hardship.  Seo Hui suffered quite a bit in the beginning, the embarrassment, the harassing, she has no business running a campaign, let alone winning it. All his life, Sang Hoon has sheltered Seo Hui, it makes little sense why he suddenly throw her into the lion den to fend for herself.  It's too cruel, almost sadistic to me.  

3)  Yeong Min passed the lie detector but we know he is quite dubious.  When he said that Sang Hoon has low threshold for pain, it is as if he revels in Sang Hoon's weakness, something he perhaps does not have thus is superior in that term.  The way he starts to distance himself from Seo Hui now that he is CEO proves that their friendship has been insincere and fickled on his part.  He avoids answering her call and texts these days.

4) @triplem I think Sang Hoon is heavily sedated.  He has to be, he would be in extreme pain with all the amputations.  His face is one of a survivor, like those long term prisoners of war.  Maybe it is also a sign of defiance toward his kidnapper. They may have disfigured him but he is not going to let them see him defeated.  If Sang Hoon is the mastermind, he should look to be more in control, don't you think? There is no reason to be sitting in an old abandoned room alone in the dark.  He doesn't have the look of a man in complete control of the situation, let alone sane enough to manipulate others.  BTW, he is not alone.  He needs someone to change his IV, he can't do it alone with missing hand, foot and eye.  There are people involved who are tendering to him medically.

5) Enucleation has to be done by a skilled surgeon, this is not amateur butchering.  I can't imagine this be done without anesthesia before and pain control after.  The point here is to make Sang Hoon suffers by removing one body part at a time.  Human nature is to avoid pain at all cost.  To repeat the pain again and again is not natural so it is hard to believe he would inflict so much pain consciously on himself no matter what the purpose is.  After all, pain is a defensive mechanism we have to protect ourselves to not repeat the same mistake again.  I don't think Sang Hoon is sadistic nor do I believe he is willing to severely disfigure himself to a point that can cause Seo Hui to be repulsive of his physicality.  He loves her too much still.  I think he would still take his wife's love and approval into consideration.

ohhh, need to go read all your posts now.:lol:

@40somethingahjumma I agree about YM. The whole jealousy angle doesn’t sit well with his character somehow?  He just wants everyone to be friends again, smooth things over.  Hence his pleading with SHoon in the forest, “let’s just see dad together and sort this out”.  SHoon looked disgusted with that idea or maybe it was disbelief that YM still trusted the Chairman.  He’s loyal to SHoon and he’s loyal to the Chairman. 

Yes to Pontius Pilate.  Although with YM he hasn’t succeeded in ridding himself of the guilt. He carries it repressed somehow, trying to convince himself (unsuccessfully) that he’s doing the best he can given the circumstances.

So I don’t know how far YM will go to “help” SHoon.  Will he kill someone?  He’s fall guy material.  I think that’s why IDG wanted (guessing here that YM’s name is on it) the Chairman to sign off on the new proposal for Business Manager (SHoon’s vacated post) - they needed a fall guy if the business falls flat.  He doesn’t like IDG though.  That’s one person he won’t take the fall for.  

EDIT - I typed this before our resident medic @bedifferent posted so I may have to rethink YM and SHoon being the mastermind again. :lol:

@40somethingahjumma @nrllee @triplem @bedifferent I agree with you (@40somethingahjumma) about YM. For me, one part of his culpability comes from his inaction. He preferred looking away than betraying the chairman. Washing his hands was a way to wash away his guilt. But because of his behavior, he allowed the journalist to get killed. The other part of his guilt is when he must have told the chairman about Choi's investigation and JSH's behavior. He knew what JSH and Choi were up to hence I believe that he must have told the chairman about it. Then IDG was sent there as the cleaner. Until the scene in the woods, JSH never thought about YM's behavior and thought, he was his best friend. Only during their conversation, he realized that YM had betrayed him. However, the betrayal happened before in my opinion...

22 hours ago, triplem said:

about the pic of SH with a kid in the hospital...what do you all think? I doubt it's his illegitimate child . So what is the significant of this ? The kid is likely suffering from cancer . Related to the orphanage ? 

The pillow behind the kid has the wording JQ on it.  Think it could be possible that CSH, an entertainment reporter, was doing a human interest article on JQ Charity event (like what Chairman Jeong did years ago when he adopted the boys).  Sang Hoon may have come back to do work for the children house when he returned from Germany.

7 hours ago, nrllee said:

Also KPY’s death, are we convinced that IDG was the one?  Or maybe it was YM and that’s why he washed his hands? 

The person who cleaned up the skidmark on the road after SH's father's accident and the one who burned the building where KPY stayed that night wore the black outfit similar to YM.  Maybe we are being shown scenes out of order, it could be YM washing the gas, oil, paint thinner from his hand?  

When YM confronted CSH, it was in front of Sang Hoon's apt so he knew Sang Hoon was secretly working on the issue.  He tried to convince CSH not to go up to see Sang Hoon.  It is like Sang Hoon said, YM is not on his side.  CSH tenderly hugged him as if they are close.  Yet, we are not shown YM going to her funeral.   

@bebebisous33 @nrllee  @jongski When YM met SH after he escaped on 3/6, YM told Sang Hoon that he came from Assemblyman Kim's funeral.  That's not the truth, funeral was on 3/5.   He also dressed differently at the funeral. He later lied to TS that he didn't meet up with Sang Hoon in the woods.

Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.05.02 PMScreen Shot 2019-11-05 at 11.14.07 PM

Spoiler

3/3                   Assemblyman's car accident

3/5                  Funeral

3/3/-3/6          SangHoon kept at hospital

3/6  7:12pm  In on expressway (CCTV)  

7:30pm  SangHoon escaped from hospital

About the culprit.  Hand and foot apparently were done by an amateur.  Hand by one of the butcher's knives, the weapon used for the foot amputation has not been shown.  Watch out for the reveal of the weapon soon.

The precise extraction of the eye is something along the line of IDG's personality.:lol:

I've actually been thinking about the hand and I'm starting to think that it was not actually meant for Seo Hui, but for some of the folks who were in attendance at KSC's memorial - KSC's killers. Likely suspects such as Hong, the chairman, IDG. YM is still questionable. Also, many of the assemblymen had crooked intentions in wanting to pass the bill while KSC tried to do the right thing so in my opinion, they had a hand in killing KSC as well.

The note with the dates that Seo Hui received from the mysterious person led me to re-think why Seo Hui was coerced to become an assemblywoman. That person wanted her to step into the real world and be amongst the sharks in order to be able to investigate the truth about CSH, KSC and Sang Hun. She may be sheltered and naive, but that person believes that for the love and determination that she has to save her husband, she will break out of her shell and succeed it exposing everyone's lies. Whether this person is Sang Hun or not, I agree it's debatable.

I just got to reading most of the comments here and remembered i had noted something down but didn't have time to post it because my mind was on some other drama lollol

@40somethingahjumma i googled up about severed limbs. Not every part of the body is as resilient as the finger. Muscle tends to have a faster metabolism than other kinds of tissue, so a severed arm or leg will deteriorate more quickly than your pinkie (a full limb must be reattached within six hours to 12 hours).Feb 22, 2005

In this situation we can expect that if ever SangHun is found alive he will be minus an eye, hand and foot. 

Okay, back to what i was actually here to say. I went back thinking to the very beginning when SangHun was arguing with SeoHui's dad on the 14/2. We got that date after someone slipped the note to SeoHui. The argument took place after the funeral of SuHyeon and 2 weeks before the death of KimSeungCheol on 3/3. This was the question posed by SangHun to KimSeungCheol:

1. When did it start to go wrong?

2. What is hidden?

3. Why did she have to suffer such a tragedy?

to which KSC did not answer him. In turn SangHun vowed to do everything in his power to find out the truth. Therefore even after the meeting with SuHyeon, SangHun did not learn what it was that was 'hidden'. 

SangHun then went on to meet KangPilYeon. They had a big argument. I believe KPY has the information that SangHun was after but he was demanding more money or afraid his life might be in danger. KSC's name was mentioned in the argument. After he left KPY we know that he was taken by IDG and brought to the mental ward and later escaped. 

When SangHun met YM in the forest and was told that KSC had died, SangHun finds that he had lost all avenues to get to the hidden truth. Could he have begged YM? I was actually not into the theory that SangHun mutilate his own body or had someone to do it for him. But after i thought in terms that SangHun had lived most of his life being 'abused' by the chairman and already two people had died to bury the truth, SangHun must have come to a conclusion that enough is enough. His last text to SeoHui was: I'm Sorry. Yeah! he was sorry for what he has to do. It may be rather bizarre but SangHun was determined to get the truth revealed even if he were to die doing it.

Archived