[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

@imgreatgal I held it as a wild theory until you mentioned your earlier post. Now I think it's highly possible! We'll see...

I do remember that part. I think Hong originally used the dirt to manipulate KSC to cooperate with the bill, but after KSC died, he redirected it to use it against Seo Hui's mom. I don't think Hong is responsible for KSC's fatal accident so it'll be interesting to learn who the ultimate mastermind is.

Everyone has great theories here. They leave me looking forward to new episodes.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/21/2019 at 10:36 PM, StrangerSphinx said:

Anybody knows what's the song title that was played at the ending of episode 3? Sounds really good!

@StrangerSphinx 

Hot off the press! It's "Who Really Knows" by Donna - think the OST just came out. It's a wonderful track, isn't it?

Those interested can hear it here (*lyrics added below):

and info here: https://music.naver.com/album/index.nhn?albumId=3399881

*Update with lyrics: 

don’t make me sad
don’t make me cry
찾을 수 없는걸 찾고 있어
안개 속에 웃고 있어도
who really knows
who really knows

who really knows
who care about the truth
아무도 다가오지 않는 곳으로
더 깊이 가라앉아 빠져나가지 못해
praying for somebody to save me
but no one’s hero

I want you to be alive
I want you to be alive
제발 날 놓지 말라고 애원해도
네 차가운 손 끝 자꾸 멀어져 가
so hard
It can be so hard

don’t make me sad
don’t make me cry
찾을 수 없는걸 찾고 있어
안개 속에 웃고 있어도
who really knows
who really knows

who really knows
who care about the truth
아무도 다가오지 않는 곳으로
더 깊이 가라앉아 빠져나가지 못해
praying for somebody to save me
but no one’s hero

I want you to be alive
I want you to be alive
제발 날 놓지 말라고 애원해도
네 차가운 손 끝 자꾸 멀어져 가
so hard
It can be so hard

don’t make me sad
don’t make me cry
찾을 수 없는걸 찾고 있어
안개 속에 웃고 있어도
who really knows
who really knows

don’t make me sad
안개 속에
who really knows
but no one’s hero

~

The new episode was great. JYM was in the center of this episode. We discover the true nature of his relationship with JSH... he was definitely jealous of SH for many reasons. 

What caught my attention is SH's words addressed to YM: "you are well aware of all the things my father has done to me". In other words, the chairman didn't just hurt JSH once (the kidnapping and sequestration) but he did much more. I am quite sure that this wasn't just about the pressure of becoming the future CEO.

I am wondering about the identity of the man who gave the parcel with JSH's eye to the newspapers? Can someone recognize him?

After watching the preview, I am wondering if JSH is in reality the one behind his own mutilation in order to investigate JQ and stop his father from getting the new business. 

34 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am wondering if JSH is in reality the one behind his own mutilation in order to investigate JQ and stop his father from getting the new business. 

Also,  I also wondered that too if JSH is somehow involved and I think someone said that coroner may be involved too. 

When IDK received the text message, was it from the girl that died?

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am wondering about the identity of the man who gave the parcel with JSH's eye to the newspapers?

O no...another body part?  I am really wishing the whole set up with the Coroner is correct now... like some of you have suggested.  The alternative that they are presenting us is too gory to take in :sweatingbullets:.  And it’s not like the Coroner won’t have a stash of John Does to harvest body parts from... :blink:

In other words, the chairman didn't just hurt JSH once (the kidnapping and sequestration) but he did much more. 

I get the feeling he’s abusive.  With the bicycle incident.  He would’ve forced the young boy to literally “become” a replica of his dead son.  And bearing in mind the young boy was already 9 or 10(?), he was already aware of who he was and would’ve suffered terribly as a result.  YM was allowed to be his own person (he stayed as YM), the boy had to morph into someone he never was in the first place.

@bebebisous33 @tiMadam Same as you both, this episode left me wondering if Sang Hun could be behind the body parts. When Sang Hun was running away in the forest, both Jeong Min and IDG were there, but it didn't appear that either of them were able to catch Sang Hun. So maybe it's possible that Sang Hun successfully escaped and is now orchestrating the body parts. Hopefully, somehow some way, they're not really his because I've just about had it with the eyeball :blink:.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am wondering about the identity of the man who gave the parcel with JSH's eye to the newspapers? Can someone recognize him?

I couldn't recognize that man so I am wondering too. At first, I thought he may just be a henchman, but since they somewhat showed his face, he must play a part in the mystery.

3 hours ago, tiMadam said:

That's what it looked like to me. It seems someone is trying to mess with him. I wonder if that means he's likely the person behind her death. I'm glad the story is finally circulating back to the mystery of the girl.

I have to say...I liked how Tae Sik called out Seo Hui's naivete. He spoke the words everyone here has been saying. No one around her has been truthful to her yet she continues to believe them. Hopefully, he did her a favor and helped her come to her senses.

@tiMadam @taeunfighting @nrllee If this theory about the involvement of JSH in the amputations is correct, then this means that JSH's purpose is first to destroy the alliance between the chairman, IDG and YM so that they turn against each other. The result would be that the company would lose the new business. Notice that now the CEO JYM has JYM watched IDG, while he asked another person to tail JYM. The three are now doubting each other. Then we saw how IDG and YM are thinking that the one behind the amputation is the other. Furthermore, sending the different members is like sending a signal to his father and the authorities. Since JSH has been forced to drop his true identity and even to act like the deceased JSH,  cutting the body means that he is destroying JYM's son, what the chairman liked the most. By doing so, he would no longer resemble the deceased son.

As for the police, the signal is clear: investigate and ensure that everyone involved in the death of his father-in-law and the woman who "committed suicide" get punished. Investigate and stop the conspiracy: Hong's wrongdoings are uncovered aso. 

Sure, we wonder if this is true why JSH has treated his wife like that. He knew that she loved him and she was hurt terribly. But the problem is that she had no idea about him at all. I am sure that he didn't tell her what the chairman did to him in his childhood, he knew that SH saw JYM as a close friend aso. He had so many secrets he couldn't tell her. Furthermore, I suspect that he forced her to become an assemblywoman as he knew what they would propose this to her. By being an assemblywoman, she would get "protected" in the beginning as she would do what she was told. At the same time, this would make her question everyone and everything. Now, with the support of the police, SH is determined to find out the truth and the whereabouts of her husband. 

Just finished with ep7.  

Mystery and suspense still flows oh wow!!  Its like putting everything in a bag with holes. You think you have quiet figured things out but its just far from the truth and another body part pops up. 

IDG and Hong may be guilty of greed, one in wanting the land the other the Presidential seat. Then we have the jealous buddy YoungMin. The scene of him washing his hands may be just one of the red herrings the writers is throwing at us. The chairman shouldn't be ruled out of the suspicion. Its almost creepy that he wanted to mold JSH into the son that he had lost. I get it now that JSH moved to Germany to get away from the chairman and only came back to help his father in-law KSC in stopping the new business. 

One thing i'm curious about is why the latest body part (the eye) was delivered to Bareun News entertainment team? Was it to bring the investigation to the fore. The press would have known about KSC accident but do they know about JSH disappearance and the body parts?

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

After watching the preview, I am wondering if JSH is in reality the one behind his own mutilation in order to investigate JQ and stop his father from getting the new business. 

Mutilate your own body? eweew

One really need to be skillful to do that and it involves going under sedation and not to mention blood loss.  

@imgreatgal It was delivered to the newspapers in order to get the attention of the media so that the disappearance of JSH is not forgotten. Furthermore, since the police have found out that the chairman had his son delivered to the mental institution, the police could reveal all the new discoveries so that the netizens questioned the chairman's personality and even the new business. His son is getting amputed and is sequestred or even dead and the chairman's attention is on the new business. This would be perceived as cold-hearted. 

@bebebisous33 Do you actually think that Sang Hun is cutting up his own body parts? I was thinking more along the lines that he may be trolling people with fake body parts. @nrllee reminded us that some here had a theory that the coroner may be involved. She may be the key factor on why it may be possible.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

The chairman shouldn't be ruled out of the suspicion. Its almost creepy that he wanted to mold JSH into the son that he had lost. I get it now that JSH moved to Germany to get away from the chairman and only came back to help his father in-law KSC in stopping the new business.

You have a good point. I had naively let go of any suspicion toward the chairman, but I now can see that he's darker than he seems. I'm putting him back on the suspect list.

@bebebisous33 your theory is very interesting and it may be possible given that he has been depressed ( I’m assuming that’s the case since he was apparently treated for some psychological stuff according to JQ chairman) . I remember him telling SH in the flashback that he would go to that place whenever he was stressed . He’s not been happy . So I think he is capable of doing such extreme things given that he is desperate to escape the chairman’s clutches . 

By the way do you all know if that call that came for IDG means anything? It’s from the dead girls number right ?? 

He’s still alive for sure but urgh the thought of those body parts being cut up one by one is horrifying.  So hoping the theory of that coroner helping him some how is true ....

11 hours ago, tiMadam said:

Also,  I also wondered that too if JSH is somehow involved and I think someone said that coroner may be involved too. 

But the first body part (the hand) was sent during the funeral of Assembly Kim which is the morning before JSH excaped from the hospital. To me it is still unlikely JSH is behind the body parts. 

@taeunfighting Sure, this theory sounds really extreme. It is definitely possible that JSH is using the body of someone else and the coroner is working for him, she faked the results.

However, I sense that JSH could have developed some self-hatred towards his body because the chairman chose him as he resembled his own deceased son. Like @triplem pointed out, it was said that JSH was struggling mentally and I believe that JSH's psychological issues are linked to the chairman's obsession. He is ruining the chairman's plan in the long run: he doesn't just destroy the image the chairman had of his "son", he is also ruining his plan: JSH will run the company.

By the way, I am now wondering how the accident with his wife and son occurred. IDG's father is blaming himself but how did it happen? Notice that the chairman was only affected by his son's death and not so by his wife's demise. Don't you find it weird? I have the impression that his obsession started before JSH's death and maybe his wife was trying to leave her husband as she had discovered something terrible. 

To me, the chairman looks dangerous because of his hobby, the bonzai. He cuts the plants in order to give the bonzais the form he wants. Cutting has a violent underlying tone and shaping the plant outlines his desire to control everything. In other words, he is a control freak. We can imagine that he did the same to JSH, when the latter was a child. He would use punishements in order to force JSH to act like he wanted!!

@liltash85 The hand was delivered, when a memorial was organized. It happened after the funeral and JSH had already escaped from the mental facility.     

Re : SHoon cutting off his own body part...video sent to SHui seemed to suggest someone else was doing it...but was it staged to fool everyone?  There was a lot of screaming and blood spatter but I didn’t exactly watch that closely :grimace:.  But with the number of body parts appearing I am more inclined to believe that it’s all staged...

And if SHoon has been behind it all this time, then @bebebisous33’s theories seem plausible.  :)

Thoughts from Ep7

- I don’t remember him running away in his hospital garb though?  When we first saw him running barefoot in the earlier episode (or we would’ve guessed straight away he broke out of a hospital?)?  He was in normal clothes?  Where did he get them?  Did he go find KPY?

- Senior Detective is definitely suspicious.  Notice how he kept trying to pin the suspicions on YM and deflect it from IDG?  He’s the mole for IDG.  And he throws shade at HG... he’s making HG out to be incompetent?

- YM was supposed to head the business team In JQ but SH took that spot from him.  The guy Chairman Jeong asked to keep a watch on YM is actually on YM’s side?

- my mistake. I thought when the person asked  SHui to propose a new bill it was in opposition of the land purchase but it turns out it was to bulldoze it through.

- delivery boy for eyeball.  Who is he?  He looked visibly shaken doing the delivery so he didn’t look to be a professional?  Initially I thought the nephew nurse who busted SHoon out of the hospital but doesn’t really look like him?

96-C0568-E-CDCA-4598-8-A6-A-7-A92-C87-BB

EDIT - is he the guy who was asked to spy on YM by Chairman Jeong?  He was wearing glasses earlier... and he is YM’s man... this could be YM throwing the suspicion back onto IDG?  YM was mad that the box was delivered to his office with the jacket that implicated him.  So he’s getting back at IDG with someone else’s eyeball?  Is it confirmed to be SHoon’s?  It seemed like it because HG said it was... 

38 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Re : SHoon cutting off his own body part...video sent to SHui seemed to suggest someone else was doing it...but was it staged to fool everyone?  There was a lot of screaming and blood spatter but I didn’t exactly watch that closely :grimace:.  But with the number of body parts appearing I am more inclined to believe that it’s all staged...

And if SHoon has been behind it all this time, then @bebebisous33’s theories seem plausible.  :)

Thoughts from Ep7

- I don’t remember him running away in his hospital garb though?  When we first saw him running barefoot in the earlier episode (or we would’ve guessed straight away he broke out of a hospital?)?  He was in normal clothes?  Where did he get them?  Did he go find KPY?

- Senior Detective is definitely suspicious.  Notice how he kept trying to pin the suspicions on YM and deflect it from IDG?  He’s the mole for IDG.  And he throws shade at HG... he’s making HG out to be incompetent?

- YM was supposed to head the business team In JQ but SH took that spot from him.  The guy Chairman Jeong asked to keep a watch on YM is actually on YM’s side?

- my mistake. I thought when the person asked  SHui to propose a new bill it was in opposition of the land purchase but it turns out it was to bulldoze it through.

- delivery boy for eyeball.  Who is he?  He looked visibly shaken doing the delivery so he didn’t look to be a professional?  Initially I thought the nephew nurse who busted SHoon out of the hospital but doesn’t really look like him?

In this episode, YM looks scarier than IDG. Because he is a calculative man, he knew that CEO will somehow doubt him and had people tailing him so he get to the person's first. Seem like he already know who chairman will ask for help. This is something not IDG character. IDG is more transparent that YM. He doesn't give friendly vibe to people. We know that he is the CEO 'cleaning man'. He will do whatever to please the chairman. He did not hide his OCD and his wird behaviour. Unlike YM, he is more manipulative and calculative in my opinion and this is dangerous. Could be he is trained to cheat the lying machine as well.

I also agree with you the chief police is suspicious. I started to doubt him in episode 4 where there is one scene where he has this change of face when Jo Tae Sik found a clue. 

Archived