[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

I hv not had a chance to watch but from the ocn cut , Sang Hun was indeed abducted and put into the mental hospital . Ho Gyu saw it on the cctv recording

Omg , I think he’s Still alive ( urghh I dunno )  ....he took the nurse’s phone , paid him with his watch 

Tae Sik went to see JQ chairman ...I think Sang Hun is not the real son

Spoiler

Preview 

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

How can they let the wife be in the hotel room without supervision??

Yeah I thought the same.  :lol: And there were lots of instances where they didn’t follow proper police protocol.  No gloves when looking through the abandoned car.  No shoe covers. But I was happy to just let these little slip ups slide because the story was intriguing. :).  Had the story been less than gripping I would’ve probably started to nit pick more.  :lol:

@triplem

I think Sang Hun is not the real son

ahh.  Some here have suspected that.  It makes sense then why he seems to “care” but not really “care” about the fact that he’s been missing and losing limbs. :mellow:

It seems many of you were right about your theories.

Sang Hun was held against his will at the mental hospital by IDG, but escaped. Based on the preview, it looks like the part-time worker helped him get out. The opening scene showed Sang Hun requesting to use the worker's cell phone in exchange for his watch. Who would be the person whom he trusted most and would call first? If it wasn't Seo Hui, then it would make sense that it would be Yeong Min? I believe someone here also had a theory that Yeong Min may have him now. He's been giving off weird vibes throughout so maybe it's possible.

Tae Sik puts the pieces together that Sang Hun cannot be the chairman's son. He goes to the chairman's house to question him about it, but the episode ends before the chairman admits anything. It will be interesting hear his side of the story.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Omg , I think he’s Still alive ( urghh I dunno )

@triplem I feel like there's glimmers of hope that Sang Hun is alive, but when I think about the limbs, I don't know either. I'm enjoying the extended cameos of LJH though.

I'm not liking that Seo Hui is still being manipulated. IDG claims that he is looking for Sang Hun too, but yet he still holds power over Seo Hui that if she wants Sang Hui to come back alive, she must do what she is told. I had hoped that she and Tae Sik would be working together by now, but it looks like they are still trying to solve everything separately. 

Watched ep 5, and this is proving deliciously convoluted. All the previous observations made by people on this thread on character behaviour are consistent with the latest revelations.

As many have pointed out, Yeong-min is the person closest to the investigation who hasn't shown his colours yet, and is therefore highly suspicious. I would not put it past Yeong-min and Sang-hun to be in this together, though.

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I had hoped that she and Tae Sik would be working together by now, but it looks like they are still trying to solve everything separately. 

Since the PD has promised us that everyone in this series lies, anticipate that there will be more reveals about the stage of Seo-hui's marriage. I don't think it's just pigheaded-ness that is holding her back, she is trying to protect something about either her father's legacy or her husband's secrets. Some of the divorce proceedings and going to/returning from Germany might have been purposefully staged between her and Sang-hun, although I don't think she expected him to go missing and all this grisly mess to ensue.

There could also be third-party powerful figures that haven't shown up yet. It's still relatively early in the series and if the presidential election is on the line, it could run further than just a provincial land deal. The thing which puzzled me is that the renewable energy bill implies that it will become federal / national legislation, yet people have only cared about the impact on Songju - a really rather small city.

I wanted to shout out again that I really enjoy the dynamics of the police team. I know Jin-gyeong and the Captain seem a bit buffoonish compared to stereotypical drama detectives :) But having worked with law enforcement before in a small way... officers like them are really the lifeblood of most forces. They work as a team and they communicate frankly. They're street smart; they know how to deal with people at ground-level. Most of all, they keep grinding away at the problem. It's not glamorous, but it's perseverance and not genius intellect that solves a case 99% of the time. When Tae-Sik confronts the JQ Chairman about withholding info, I wanted to applaud. It was the hard slog of the team, chipping away at the loose stones, which got them that far.

Hotly awaiting ep 6 and enjoying all the analysis on this thread...!

3 hours ago, AC95 said:

Since the PD has promised us that everyone in this series lies, anticipate that there will be more reveals about the stage of Seo-hui's marriage.

Ah, good point. The story is proving that there’s more to the truth than meets the eye.

Even though Seo Hui and Tae Sik are not necessarily solving matters together, I thought their encounter at the restaurant served a purpose. It didn’t seem Seo Hui trusted Tae Sik at first, but when he shared that their latest development was that Sang Hun had gotten into IDG’s car on the night of his disappearance, she let her guard down a bit. In turn, she shared that she was eavesdropping on IDG and Hong which helped Tae Sik confirm that they are colluding together on the land deal. Both benefited in their quest from this sharing of information. 

3 hours ago, AC95 said:

When Tae-Sik confronts the JQ Chairman about withholding info, I wanted to applaud. It was the hard slog of the team, chipping away at the loose stones, which got them that far.

The police team’s relentless efforts did make major breakthroughs in this episode. With everyone lying, it makes their job much difficult to get to the truth and it doesn’t help that they couldn’t even get a warrant to search the mental hospital. Tae Sik confronting the chairman was riveting! Question though. Right before that, IDG told Tae Sik that he was wasting his time chasing the lead on him. Tae Sik probes him, but without IDG saying anything further, the scene cuts to Tae Sik going to the chairman’s house. I wonder what IDG shared with Tae Sik?

I wanted to mention that I enjoyed the parts of Ho Gyu infiltrating the hospital. I laughed when the nurse said his “mother” (Jin Yeong) admitted him there for his gaming addiction and when he flung his slipper in time to stop the shady doctor’s office door from closing. He’s proven to be a great addition to the team.

Now, I am wondering if the hand and the foot doesn't come from JYM's real son, the one who was brain-dead. I mean, did they ask the father to give some DNA to compare with the DNA from the hand?

Anyway, this episode was definitely much better as the team made some good progress. So IDG's father must have been JYM's driver and he caused an accident where the chairman lost his wife and his son. Therefore we can assume that JYM retaliated against IDG's father and ruined him and his family. Maybe the brain-dead son is lying at a hospital and IDG's father had to pay the bill, that could be the way the chairman retaliated. Since IDG is obsessed with money (his speech about the importance of money TO KSH is an evidence), I've got the impression that IDG is determined not only to get rich but he might bring trouble to the chairman.

Now, we know that JSH was not the chairman's biological son which explains why he could send him to the mental institution and why JSH could live in Germany for so many years.

We know for sure that JSH escaped from the mental facility after calling someone... and in my opinion, he must have turned to his best friend Yeong Min. However, I sense some betrayal here. When he recommended SH to do what she was asked in order to save her husband, I felt uncomfortable and his reaction was odd in my eyes.

Hong has no idea that JSH has left the mental facility that's why he keeps threatening SH. To me, it looks like there is a third party involved which IDG, JYM and Hong are not aware of.

IDG has a serious disorder: he is suffering from OCD. He won't use the same pen twice. The director spent much time to show us this and now I am thinking that this information is important. First, this info points out that IDG could not be the one who cut the hand and the foot... it would be too messy and gory. If he needs to kill someone, then it has to be in a quick and clean way: like strangling CCD or hanging KYP. 

Thankfully the histrionics were toned down this week but perhaps it is still too much to hope that Seo-hui stops dashing around demanding answers from dodgy characters re: Sang-hun's whereabouts. This was the one blight in an otherwise better than decent episode. It is disappointing that her recent experiences and discoveries haven't made her more circumspect more quickly. The person she should probably trust she doesn't and the people she shouldn't trust she decides she needs to be confrontational with. Okay I understand that she's a afraid that the assemblyman and her husband might be implicated in some kind of crime and yes... someone's yanking her chain but still... she's completely out of her depth in a sea of sharks.

The revelation that Sang-hun might not be the chairman's biological progeny helps makes sense of a number of things. Most of all I'm relieved that LJH gets to hang on to his body parts. ;) I was thinking DNA transplantation... recently featured in Partners in Investigation 2... but am relieved that a simpler solution presented itself. 

It's the quietly calculating Tae-shik that's making things worthwhile for me. He's smartly plodding away, digging here and there, probing the right people. I especially enjoyed his scenes with IDH's father. Still, the team as a whole is making a fair bit of progress (both Ho Gyu and Jin Gyeong were effective) but yes, as is typical of many an OCN drama, it's becoming quite convoluted. ;)

I am wondering if Yeong Min isn't somehow related to the chairman... just a thought that's crossed my mind several times.

I have not watched ep.5. 

My thoughts so far is that SH is still alive and that the hand and foot might not be his after all. I too suspect the coroner as having some bigger role which will be revealed later on (on whose side, I am not sure) because they wouldn’t cast that actress as the coroner if she were just to report on the body parts found. 

Off to watch 5 now. 

@40somethingahjumma I agree with you that the writer makes SH look like an idiot. Why doesn't she trust JTS much more? Why did she have to reveal her knowledge to IDK? She shouldn't have told him what she knew... Sorry but even if she has been sheltered all her life, this doesn't mean that she shouldn't use her brain. Furthermore, since she knows that the land and the new business are the links connected to the different victims, why does she trust her husband's friend who is working for JQ? Anyone connected to JQ can not be trusted.

@bebebisous33 is it possible for the brain dead son to still be alive? The accident happened in 1994, that was 25 years ago. If JSH is around 36 the boy must be 11yo then. Did he die? Did the chairman adopt another boy(JSH) in place of his real son? 

It makes me wonder why the chairman took in and raised IDG, the son of the drunkard who killed his wife and incapacitated his son. I have a feeling that he picked up Young Min too. The scene of the chairman picking up the fallen bird reflects his character. 

The interesting part about this drama is that the main leads are not working in-tandem. SH probably has secrets, that we don't know yet that she wants hidden.  That could explain why she is not being forthcoming with JTS, but i smh at her naivety. 

@imgreatgal Maybe the biological son is in a vegetative state and has been kept alive with life support. That's why the actual JSH could assume the identity of the biological son. I believe that the son was never declared dead officially hence there was no news saying that his son was hurt in an accident. The detective had to find the truth in the file from the police records. The question is now: who is the actual JSH? 

I agree with you that the scene with the bird is relevant in order to understand the chairman. However, I perceived it in a different way. He might be sensitive towards animals and nature (see his passion for the bonzai), yet he showed ruthlessness, when it came to KYP. In my opinion, he wanted to hurt the man badly, thinking that he had hurt his son. So his gentleness might not be linked to human beings.   

Guys , I really want Sang Hun to be alive . I cried after watching this cut from tonight  . It seems they really had a very good relationship. @nrllee @bedifferent remember that ugly photo we talked about ? Seo Hui went to his Songju apartment, his passcode was the day they 1st met ( If I understood it correctly) . That photo as I had guessed was his way of telling her he still loved her . It was taken on their romantic date out.  

@AC95 @taeunfighting these extended LJH cameo scenes are a real treat ...another sweet romantic scene , which was her longing for him 

Am trying to piece together what happened from the spoilers online .
This clearly confirms that IDG brought Sang Hun to the mental hospital . 

Spoiler

I think SH faked illness so that he could get out . Noticed he still wore their wedding ring 

Spoiler

I think the part time nurse helped smuggle him out 

Spoiler

Oh my , Seo Hui found a photo - I believe Sang Hun & Yeong min grew up in an orphanage together. And Tae Sik etc caught a guy and on the guy’s phone was a number . It belong to Yeong Min. IDG is tailing them quietly. He also overheard the number & realises who’s it was 

Spoiler

Preview 

All I can say is , don’t trust Yeong Min:lol:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Seo Hui went to his Songju apartment, his passcode was the day they 1st met ( If I understood it correctly) .

The passcode to Sang Hun’s apartment is the date that they first met. How sweet. She was surprised that he maintained this passcode despite their strained marriage. The flashback of their date in the fields reminded me a bit of Seo Hui’s dream scenario in episode two. To me, you can feel that their marriage is genuine and loving. I really want him to come back alive as well.

Tae Sik tells Seo Hui that she should talk to the chairman about Sang Hun. When she goes to see him at a charity event for the orphanage, he does seem to tell her the whole truth about Sang Hun. Back when the chairman’s real son had died, he seemed to have been traumatized. He said that when he saw Sang Hun as a child at the orphanage, he felt as if his son was alive again. To me, I feel that the chairman does regard Sang Hun as his real son. He claims that IDG had tricked him in putting Sang Hun in the mental hospital which led to the unfortunate circumstances today.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

All I can say is , don’t trust Yeong Min:lol:

Haha. It looks like the truth about the real Yeong Min will be unraveling. Finally!

Usually I wait to watch all two episodes but this week I could not have patience. :D I love how the team work to find knew evidence. Good job for the police!

WOW, Jeong Sang-Hun we know is not the biological son of Jeong Yeong-Mun? 

My suspisious on Jin Young-Min is growing after this episode. When Seo-Hui asked ipotetically if he will agree to do something that it is not right to find Sang-Hun, he rushed to say that she must do everything to find him. I sensed that he wanted to influence Seo Hui to agree with the new business. I keep my eyes on this man. He doesn`t give me a positive vibe at all. Not only his words but his posture, voice everything about him doesn`t feel right. So far it is just my perception. I will wait to see if there will be more concreat evidence to back up my perception.

Only watched Ep5.  Yes to the bird incident which sheds light on Chairman Jeong’s nurturing instincts.  And his penchant for bonsai as well, not like he couldn’t afford a gardener to do it all for him.  So I was right to assume IDG worshipped Chairman Jeong.  I am unsure if he took IDG under his wing out of pity (It sounded like his father’s life spiralled down after the accident leaving him “orphaned” as well to a certain extent) or he did so without knowing the link between IDG and his father (since he took a different name and was estranged from him for a long time).  So 3 adopted “sons”.  I still stand by the theory that YeongMin has SHoon.  I think YM had always grown up under the shadow of SHoon and grew to resent him.  He was always playing second fiddle.  SHoon was like the golden child in Chairman Jeong’s eyes.  The fact that he was the one who “assumed” the identity of his only son who had died and not YM would’ve been hard to swallow growing up.  I guess question is whether the Chairman could’ve been the mastermind behind it all (including SHoon’s amputations).  I don’t think so.  Not with the bird incident.  Had he stomped on the bird for having fallen out of the nest then I would’ve said yes... He chose to place it back in the nest.  He wants SHoon back.  He instructed IDG to kidnap him and hide him away in the mental institution to keep him away from the ruckus he had caused with Assemblyman Kim.  It would’ve only been for a little while because once the bill passes for the land sale and the whole deal runs its course and Hong gets his chance to run for Presidency, the wheels have already been set in motion and there would no longer be anything SHoon could’ve done to throw a spanner in the works.  SHui is only a temporary fix.  They never wanted her to stay long term anyway.  She was just a filler to get votes and move the whole Bill through unopposed.

Question is why would YeongMin concoct Plan B?  I think it stems from his jealousy.  He wants to be Chairman Jeong’s favourite son. Remember my theory about the battle of 3 sons?  By kidnapping SHoon, getting SHui to oppose the Bill, he has cast shade on IDG.  IDG failed to keep SHoon safe, if the land deal falls flat, it’s another mark against him. And who else is left then for favored son position?  YeongMin.  I think YeongMin knows he can get away with kidnapping SHoon (who doesn’t strike me as someone with violent tendencies), but IDG is a hitman.  He’s too hard a target to take down directly so YM has to do it indirectly by seeding resentment and doubt in Chairman Jeong’s mind instead about IDG’s credibility.

Is SHoon still alive?  I want to believe that he is (even if he’s lost limbs :crazy:) for SHui’s sake.  But the eww factor (thanks OCN for the gore) is keeping me from wanting that (the poor man would be suffering so much :tears:).

@nrllee Since you haven't watched episode 6, I'm putting what I got from it in a spoiler.

Spoiler

The chairman allowed IDG by his side without knowing that his father was the driver who caused the accident that killed his wife and son. After Sang Hun disappeared, he looked into IDG’s background and finally made the connection. He believes that IDG intentionally got close to him with ulterior motives. IDG knows that Sang Hun is not the chairman’s biological son and has been waiting for the opportune moment to take Sang Hun’s position. It seems the chairman had no choice, but to keep the enemy close. This explains why the chairman has a cold demeanor toward IDG. When Tae Sik interrogated IDG about this, he claimed that he wants to remain by the chairman’s side to repay for what his father did.

Unfortunately, the chairman hasn’t caught on that he shouldn’t trust Yeong Min either. Re: Yeong Min’s possible ill intentions, I agree with your theory that they likely stem from jealousy of Sang Hun. How Sang Hun favorably became the chairman’s son and also because of Seo Hui. I find the story is getting interesting with Yeong Min’s character development picking up. I'm glad IDG has some competition in the baddie department.

Archived