[Drama 2019] Everyone’s Lies/The Lies Within, 모두의 거짓말

larus

@imgreatgal While Hong thinks, IDK is working for JYM, in reality IDK has become the true owner of the land and not JQ!! CCD thought that the owner was JYM because he looked at the signature. However, the detective HG found out that Song is the buyer of that land, IDK's biological father. On the other hand, JYM signed a paper from IDK.... so I believe that IDK has deceived JYM with that land.

From my point of view, IDK abducted JSH and took him to the mental hospital in order to keep him captive. He and Hong wanted to threaten KSH with JSH... but we saw in an earlier episode that JSH was running through the woods which leads me to believe that JSH was able to escape. That's why IDK looked for KYP in the first place and asked him where he was. He had no idea that someone else had taken JSH. Since the butcher asked her to pass the bill, I am now wondering about his true intention. Hong has been deceived by IDK in my opinion. He didn't tell him that JSH escaped from him. As for the board, I have been thinking: he created it because he wanted to discover the whereabouts of JSH. The latter has been abducted by him and even imprisoned in that mental institut hence he needs to find him in order to silence him. So in my opinion, the pictures on the board could be linked to this investigation: where is JSH?  

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as an aside - I remember saying the lead actress was good after the first episode but her speech was irritating but it totally is in line with her character. I think she is absolutely nailing the role at the moment despite some issues with the actual character itself.

And I've been asking for it so I'm glad we finally some backstory on the main lead - the FL has been given most of the acting to do so far so will good to see what the ML is capable of

7 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

@bebebisous33 excatly my thoughts on IDK deceiving the chairman about the land. I find it strange though that the chairman is acting cool around IDK when a while ago he threatened to kick him out if he didn't find JSH.

The chairman doesn't seem to worry about his own son. He didn't show up at the morgue... He went to a restaurant and acted as if nothing happened. But did YM tell him about the discovery of the foot?

I'm only catching up with this series now. After Episode 4, I have to say, I want to know what's happening here minus the screaming. I know it's probably the director's fault but I find the female lead annoying whenever she screams or asks questions about her husband in that breathy voice. The investigation is good though and I like the chemistry among the four detectives. 

Re: the chairman, I believe he's a shady businessman, but I'm on the fence on whether he's involved with his son's disappearance. At least not directly or intentionally. I remember in an earlier episode, he told IDG that if Sang Hun doesn't come back, there is no place for him. Then there's the scene where the chairman finds Seo Hui walking in the rain and consoles her. He seemed to show concern for his son, but assures Seo Hui that Sang Hun will come back. Unless that encounter was also a part of Seo Hui's dream scenario?

I just finished watching episode 3. I haven’t read any of the comments yet but I am starting to think that this drama is about corruption and revenge for Seo Hee. I am hoping Kim Seo Hee doesn’t have a mental illness. The flashback scenes must be the universe version (TRUTH). Seo Hee is also rich, being able to withdraw 50 million dollars is really awesome. Seo Hee ran a clean campaign, no amount of money  spent was able to change the people of Sonju’s mind to vote for her. It was her hard work that got her to win. This campaign was to help Seo Hee because she has spent her life as a little mouse getting by with scraps. Only her father was ok with her personality but her mom seem cold to her. I believe her mother wanted her to be more like her older sister but we call all see the difference.  

Mr In is the shadow of Mr. CEO Jeong. He is cruel and violent. The fact that Mr Jeong doesn’t tell trust him is HOGWASH in my OPINION, he is setting his fall from Grace in case the police finds out his involvement in the case his son and his In Law was investigating.  

Now who is Jin  Young Min?? I think he is crushing on his best friends wife. He seems very quiet and wants to be there for Seo Hee. I wish to know more about him. 

Hong Min Kook is a disgusting fellow and selfish. He is so scared of Seo Hee’s FIL. He ran away scared from being attacked when they were only targeting Seo Hee. Like the coward he is, he had the nerve to look down on her when she earned the respect of the people and not him. The people working for him also has no respect for Seo Hee except for that man who who announces her at the campaign rally. He seems nice and can understand her. 

what do you guys think? 

3 hours ago, StrangerSphinx said:

Anybody knows what's the song title that was played at the ending of episode 3? Sounds really good!

I want to know too?? If anyone finds out :grin:

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The chairman doesn't seem to worry about his own son. He didn't show up at the morgue... He went to a restaurant and acted as if nothing happened. But did YM tell him about the discovery of the foot?

Yeah I thought that was a bit odd too.  Although maybe this time because it wasn’t discovered by everyone (like the hand was), they needed to only contact one person so SHui (spouse) was the one who was told.  With the hand, all those concerned were there to witness it so they all went to the morgue together?  There was a little comment by the Police when they were talking about the case that Jeong had been hassling them daily with phone calls to find SHoon.  I think because SHui is the “closest” to him, police just tend to deal with her?  And leave the info for her to pass onto others?

I am wondering what compelled SHoon to return from Germany in the first place?  He seemed happy enough to move away with SHui and not have anything to do with the business?  What was it that made it come back?  And then involve himself with the very thing (JQ) he was trying to get away from?  Was Chairman Jeong sick?  And wanting to hand his legacy down?  In which case there would be 3 “sons” in the running - SHoon, YeongMin and DongGu.  He inadvertently pitted them against each other?  One son (SHoon)!who is the legitimate heir but wants nothing to do with the shady business, one (DG) who is willing to do anything for the sake of the business and the last son (YM) who is probably capable but is overshadowed by the other 2 in play. :lol: My mind is going wild with speculations.

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I just finished watching episode 3. I haven’t read any of the comments yet but I am starting to think that this drama is about corruption and revenge for Seo Hee. I am hoping Kim Seo Hee doesn’t have a mental illness. The flashback scenes must be the universe version (TRUTH). Seo Hee is also rich, being able to withdraw 50 million dollars is really awesome. Seo Hee ran a clean campaign, no amount of money  spent was able to change the people of Sonju’s mind to vote for her. It was her hard work that got her to win. This campaign was to help Seo Hee because she has spent her life as a little mouse getting by with scraps. Only her father was ok with her personality but her mom seem cold to her. I believe her mother wanted her to be more like her older sister but we call all see the difference.  

Mr In is the shadow of Mr. CEO Jeong. He is cruel and violent. The fact that Mr Jeong doesn’t tell trust him is HOGWASH in my OPINION, he is setting his fall from Grace in case the police finds out his involvement in the case his son and his In Law was investigating.  

Now who is Jin  Young Min?? I think he is crushing on his best friends wife. He seems very quiet and wants to be there for Seo Hee. I wish to know more about him. 

Hong Min Kook is a disgusting fellow and selfish. He is so scared of Seo Hee’s FIL. He ran away scared from being attacked when they were only targeting Seo Hee. Like the coward he is, he had the nerve to look down on her when she earned the respect of the people and not him. The people working for him also has no respect for Seo Hee except for that man who who announces her at the campaign rally. He seems nice and can understand her. 

what do you guys think? 

I want to know too?? If anyone finds out :grin:

That's what I thought about Jin Young Min, that he does like Seo Hee - and maybe those three must've been college friends or high school friends something like where Sang Hun did like Seo Hee but Young Min liked Seo Hee. I do find Seo Hee's FIL suspicious and I'm not sure if Seo Hee has a personality disorder or anything - like some have mentioned on here.. I find her personality really relatable - kind of living a quiet life and then life kind of thrusts her into a huge conspiracy surrounding her father and husband.

I have finished watching episode 4 recently.

My thoughts....

I like the series so far. I was thinking that I`ve missed an investigative drama so I am glad that this drama can give me that.

I also thought that the heroine has a mental disorder or something (I can`t put my fingers what it is) but I find her a little weird, like having moments when she is in her own world. It came to my mind the scenes when her family had to say goodbye to the deceased,  when she was to the accident scene, she was distracted by a beetle, yelling to Kim Pil-Yeon`s dead body to wake up.  I start to wonder if she indeed saw on the laptop the scene with her husband.

Maybe she is alright. She is a quiet woman, who doesn`t voice her opinion much, enduring, always staying on her place. Maybe she doesn`t have experience on social life, she was always shielded. She looks like a scared little deer but in the same time I find her intelligent and strong. The people who thought she will be the perfect candidate to manipulate (instead of her father) will have a big surprised. She is distressed right now, disoriented, doesn`t know who to trust but she is learning. I am glad that  Tae-Sik is on her side. 

I like the detective very much. He is intelligent,  observant, empathic, with good investigative skills.

About the mystery... It is too early to know who is the mastermind. All I know right now is that there is a conspiracy, corruption, and it is about the money, lots of money. There will be many bad guys. We`ll see who came up with the plan, to involve Seo-Hee after getting rid of Kim Seung-Cheol and Jeong Sang Hun.

I don`t know the role of Jin Young-Min in all this. He is a a quiet man (just like our heroine), he seems that he has a crush on Seo Hee, hje is an old friend of her husband, he works for Jeong Yeong-Mun. In the upcoming episodes we`ll learn more about him. Right now,

he gives me the vibe that there is a calm before the storm.

One thing is sure... The man behind the plan is sadistic . To cut a hand and a foot and sent them to the family piece by piece it is very cruel.

I hope Seo Hee and Tae Sik will work together soon.

So what’s the running theory ? IDG has Sang Hun , and has hidden him in the mental hospital? What I can’t reconcile with is why Sang Hun & Seok Hui returned separately from abroad and seemingly on strained terms . What was is about the land deal that was so important or so dangerous  that he would need to distant himself from his wife to supposedly protect her ? 

what we know so far is that JQ wanted the land to push forward the new business so that land value in the area will rise . This is win win for them and also for Hong who is planning to go for presidency ( higher land value equates to winning votes from happy constituents in the area ). But that can’t just be it right ? Yes @bedifferent I’m still intrigued by those little dots on the map - land parcels ? 

Also the best friend Yong Min - he’s the dark horse here . Very little Is known about him , i doubt his role here is just be the supportive best friend . 

Yes what’s the latest?  Is the mother involved?  :o.  :lol:

My theory is that YongMin has SHoon, not IDG.  IDG had him stashed in the Mental Institution for safe keeping but he escaped.  YongMin caught him and he’s the one cutting him up and with SHoon now. 

13 minutes ago, triplem said:

What I can’t reconcile with is why Sang Hun & Seok Hui returned separately from abroad and seemingly on strained terms .

Yeah that bugged me too?  He came home first yeah?  I can’t remember.  I just know they didn’t return together.  But whilst they lived separately upon their return to Korea it looked like they were on good terms despite appearances?  So they sorted it out?  The little post it notes that Det Jo found which led him to say that he didn’t think SHoon was cheating on her?  If their relationship was NOT on the rocks what’s with the Divorce papers?  <_<

@nrllee the divorce papers may have just been her emotional response to him hiding secrets from her . But I think that the little post it notes may not hv been from their present stay in SK but perhaps just a collection from their years of marriage - an indication it was a previously happy one , so that’s why she’s frustrated about the distance he is keeping . I recall correctly she came back first 9 months ago & he followed 4 months ago .  ( can anyone remember? )

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

My theory is that YongMin has SHoon, not IDG.  IDG had him stashed in the Mental Institution for safe keeping but he escaped.  YongMin caught him and he’s the one cutting him up and with SHoon now. 

I like this possibility- because it will then make sense to why IDG has that wall map , as if he’s making his own investigations and perhaps why Sang Hun had no issue getting into his car at first 

39 minutes ago, triplem said:

IDG has Sang Hun , and has hidden him in the mental hospital?

There was a scene in ep 1 of SH running barefoot and wearing only a sweater and pants. I think he was trying to escape. I don't know if the scenes that we have seen so far are in sequence and  I am puzzled with the chairman and IDG's behavior. The Chairman seems distraught when he ordered IDG to find JSH hence IDG went after KPY to find him. Later we saw that the Chairman was acting cool with IDG. Could IDG have recaptured JSH. I have a feeling JSH was trying to expose his father's wrongdoing in the land deal and the chairman needed to silence him until the bill is passed. KSC was killed because the chairman knew KSC wouldn't propose the bill. 

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Yeah that bugged me too?  He came home first yeah?  I can’t remember.  I just know they didn’t return together.  

SH came home a year earlier than JSh.  It looks like her behavior is adding to this mystery.

@imgreatgal thanks for clearing that up about when they returned.  Personally I don’t think the Chairman could’ve killed SHoon.  I think whilst Chairman Jeong likes control and keeping his hands clean (bonsai and gloves), he knows IDG is indispensable to the empire but he knows him well enough not to trust him fully - that’s why he told YongMin to keep an eye on him and he seemed to reference IDG as an “enemy” with that strange quote “keep your friends close but your enemies closer”.  Deep down Chairman Jeong knows IDG has a screw lose and can be a loose canon?  Does that make sense?  That’s how I see their relationship.  It’s got a weird vibe.  I think that’s why initially he sent IDG to find SHoon because IDG “lost” him. Hence the altercation with KPY. And when nothing seemed to eventuate from that and SHoon was still missing Chairman Jeong started to suspect that IDG could’ve gone rogue on him (and done something to SHoon) hence he turned to YongMin to keep an eye on IDG.  That’s how I dissected his very odd behavior anyway.  Could be way off mark :lol:

@nrllee @imgreatgal Actually the father confuses me too...if my son whom I supposedly love  is missing and has his limbs being amputated one by one, securing the land deal etc would be the last thing on my mind. So which means that the father must have JSH back. 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

if my son whom I supposedly love  is missing and has his limbs being amputated one by one, securing the land deal etc would be the last thing on my mind. So which means that the father must have JSH back. 

You are right, it doesn't make sense that the land deal is more important than his only son. The chairman is already in his twilight years who will he hand the company over to if JSH is gone. 

Just got started with this drama. Haven’t read everyone’s posts yet, but can I just vent my frustration first from ep.2? How can they let the wife be in the hotel room without supervision?? Just because she is the daughter and the wife of victims doesn’t mean she is innocent. She could be tampering with the evidences in the room! I think there was one other thing I was scratching my head about in ep.1 too regarding the investigation, but I forgot what it was....

Archived