[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Before We Get Married 我們不能是朋友

0ly40

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I'm so addicted to a drama about main leads cheating. Not only that I can't believe I'm kind of supporting the cheating:grimace:

The chemistry between the leads is amazing. Reminds me of my favorite pairing of Indian TV... SaRun.

The scene where he was getting turned on watching her tie up her hair....and watching the sweat run down her nape. Hot. :blush:

I don't think I've seen anything like it anywhere else. No way in hell would you see anything like that in a cdrama or kdrama...maybe indian dramas though. We can't show kisses on TV so we push the boundaries in other ways.:P 

I don't understand why not many here are talking about this drama....or other blogs, except for akoalasplayground...(thats how I knew about this drama).

From what I understand its super popular in TW. Maybe because of one epi a week....people want to wait and watch after it ends?

Big hello and long time no see @Ahpheng

I didn't know you watched anything other than kdramas.....love your strips on this. More please:kiss_wink:

8 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

Is this drama based off a book? Does anyone know the ending? 

From what I read ....

Spoiler

it has an open ending in the book...everybody breaks up with each other.

But I think the drama may have changed it. Coz in 10min. highlight trailer some scenes have WW with different hairstyle....so there maybe a time jump. 

18 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I just read the plot. And I loved it a lot. I have never watched a Taiwanese drama. But  I would love to join this thread! Is there any room for me?

Of, course there is room for everyone! Welcome, @2handsintertwined I look forward to your discussions on the drama.  I'm waiting for Ep. 3 to be fully subbed and edited over on Viki and then will be back to post my thoughts.

18 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I just read the plot. And I loved it a lot. I have never watched a Taiwanese drama. But  I would love to join this thread! Is there any room for me?

Yes! @2handsintertwined!! Welcome to this thread. Enjoy and suffer the drama with us every week.

Just finished with the third episode, it looks like puff's character is still conflicted after the night out based on how it ended. The preview seems to show more so can't wait. ZY seems in denial that her relationship with KH is on the rocks, even with her sister noticing both of their attitudes. 

Guess I'll be waiting for next episode lol

2 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank you. I’m not very good at discussions. Why do you look forward to my discussions on this drama? So you’re waiting on Episode 3 to be subbed! Well, I can’t wait to read your thoughts!

I look forward to everyone's discussions (yours included) on this drama because I think this drama is very interesting and has a lot to explore. Complex, layered characters who are all a mix of good and bad and dealing with some controversial themes (i.e. infidelity) is unusual for most dramas out there.  The drama is more a character study in that viewer watches to see what is motivating these characters, why they make choices that they do. So I'm interested to read what everyone's reactions are  to the plot developments and what they think about the characters' choices.

Hello everyone.  It's been ages since I watched a TW drama and commenting about it too.:tounge_xd:. Omg!!!! How did I miss this guy Jasper???:tounge_wink: wow!!!!! Superb chemistry between the leads.  I too cannot believe myself that I am supporting and enjoying this morally wrong drama and is addicted too.  This is just myy intro post, brb with a detailed post about the messy relationships of our leads.:heart:

14 hours ago, Table122000 said:

I look forward to everyone's discussions (yours included) on this drama because I think this drama is very interesting and has a lot to explore. Complex, layered characters who are all a mix of good and bad and dealing with some controversial themes (i.e. infidelity) is unusual for most dramas out there.  The drama is more a character study in that viewer watches to see what is motivating these characters, why they make choices that they do. So I'm interested to read what everyone's reactions are  to the plot developments and what they think about the characters' choices.

as you can see eps 3 dont have much things going thru, 

i believe there will be improvement in next week eps 

so the bf will be proposing ZW in front of Chu Kehuan? no wonder she looks doubted. :sweat_smile:

Image result for evil laugh gif kpop

So I searched for some spoilers on chinese sites and got a good one for the ending.....

Spoiler

There will be a time jump of some years after the break up, as I suspected from WW's different hairstyle in some scenes. And WW and KH meet again in NY because of a flight delay. I think I saw this scene also in the 10min highlight. And thats where the book ends. So its open ending but hinting a HE....kind of?

In the trailer there's also some scenes with her ex after the time jump.....with him proposing again, I think. But getting rejected. He then turns nasty and starts forcing her. :angry:

On 6/16/2019 at 4:18 PM, 0ly40 said:

Yes! @2handsintertwined!! Welcome to this thread. Enjoy and suffer the drama with us every week.

Thank you!

On 6/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, Table122000 said:

Thank you for explaining. I look forward to yours and the other discussions too :) 

Archived