[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Before We Get Married 我們不能是朋友

0ly40

@Table122000 your welcome hun, a lot things i would like to share for y'all :blush:

----

the making & interview

preview eps3 omgggg

but im curious in what eps they gonna spend night together in that Villa?? Ep4?

ugh dont tell me we had to wait for another week, omggg :frown:

Spoiler

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

happy I found this series.  It too hot to wait one episode per week.  I will try to refrain and binge little by little.  I honestly dont have patience to wait every week for ONE!  That being sad I am cover my eyes and come back after at least 3 or more episodes are uploaded.

I have finished Ep. 2:

Wow! That scene between ZWW & CKH at his house was electric! Very intense. The sexual tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife!  Is it bad I was a bit disappointed when the significant others came back? :P Anyway, this episode gave more insight into the current relationships and, well, it became clear to me that both ZWW and CKH are stuck in relationships with controlling partners who are not able to satisfy their needs. I don't condone cheating on your partner, but on the other hand I certainly see why this might occur here. 

I'm losing sympathy for CKH girlfriend. First, she just goes and puts their house on the market for sale without discussing with CKH in order to force him to do what she wants and then she is on another level with her emotional blackmail bringing up his promise to her dead mother. He tried to break off  the relationship in this episode, but of course she was not having it and he feels too guilty to just up and leave her because she doesn't have any life skills (even though she is a college grad) since apparently she's just been shopping, spending his money, and "doing everything for his sake", for the past 10 years instead of focusing on herself and building her own support network so she can live an independent life. At least now I understand why he has been enduring her for 10 years: it's out of obligation from the promise he made to  her dying mother to take care of her and her sister.  As for WW, her boyfriend just plans for the both of them, no discussion, she's just supposed to go along, and then his extreme frugality. But the bigger issue for me I think is his emotional unavailability what with his rigid "rules" and schedule- i.e. "only on Saturdays", which is totally weird. Also, he is a bit boring personality wise.  I think the show has done a good job in showing ZWW attraction to CKH. After each encounter with CKH she runs to her boyfriend to try and counter these feelings but it doesn't work. I have asuspicion that she and the boyfriend are not sexually compatible even when he does deign to be intimate with her, although the show has not addressed this issue directly. ZWW has been sublimating her wants and needs for the sake of the relationship for years. Contrast to the scene in Ep. 2 where ZWW obivosly felt an electric shock going through her when she was held against CKH chest on the balcony(and vice versa)  Both CKH and ZWW are suffocating with their current partners, so I can definitely see why they are drawn to the excitement being with each other brings.  I was totally not expecting that "indecent proposal" from CKH in the Ep. 3 preview! Oh my!  Although ZWW herself gave CKH the ammunition when she let it slip that she "didn't want to be lovers" with CKH even though he didn't bring it up. Mistake because now he knows she has feelings for him regardless, so he will definitely pursue her. Can't wait for Ep. 3!

13 minutes ago, Table122000 said:

. But the bigger issue for me I think is his emotional unavailability what with his rigid "rules" and schedule- i.e. "only on Saturdays", which is totally weird. Also, he is a bit boring personality wise.  I think the show has done a good job in showing ZWW attraction to CKH. After each encounter with CKH she runs to her boyfriend to try and counter these feelings but it doesn't work. I have asuspicion that she and the boyfriend are not sexually compatible even when he does deign to be intimate with her, although the show has not addressed this issue directly. 

Your right on point.  They are not compatible. That is why there sooooo much sexual tension.  I'm like why are you trying to force yourself.  snap out of it.  The sexual tension is going to build up and explode. 

For some reason, I can't do MultiQuote option, so I'm going to try to cut and paste here. Sorry for any confusion.

@Ldy Gmerm 

"I love this drama so far. I can tell that Ke Huan is feeling pressured by his girlfriend and after watching episode 2. I can also tell she is trying to push  him to the alter to hold on to him and live a good life. The  more I see of his interaction with her you can tell that things are not right between them and he has called her out on trying to trick him into marriage. He looked after her and her sister because of a promise to her mother and this woman is not letting go. From episode 2 you can tell that the woman knows he may not love her enough to marry her or only feels an obligation, but she is holding fast and trying to push him into proposing and over stepping her boundaries by trying to sell his house and push him into getting more money. All I can see is the man is pulling away from her and she sees it too.

I do not know why I get the feeling that Ke Huan could have known or seen Wei Wei in the past and liked her or this could be just love at first sight for him now. Either way the only problem I have is his approach when he knows she is engaged to be married soon,  but then I think he knows Wei Wei better than she knows herself and that is why he continues to show up in front of her and push her buttons. 

Wei Wei and her fiancee are the same as well. There are real problems between the two and he seems to be going ahead with his own planning and not including her which is a big issue. I can see how both Ke Huan and Wei Wei end up liking and falling for each other. The problem with this is someone will get hurt simply because they are not willing to realize that things are not working out between the people they are trying to hold on to. 

I have to agree that I love this adult themed drama and you can see the chemistry between the leads is off the charts. If there were no holes in the relationships they have this never could happen. But there are in both relationships and sometimes feelings take over. The more Wei Wei fights it the harder she will fall.

The preview for episode 3 is HOT! He tells her he will drop the price on his house if she sleeps with him?!!! Things get hot and heavy between those two and I can't wait to see it. "

Nice to see you here in this forum after you shared your insights with Paen Rai Long Tai Wa Rak forum. I look forward to your insights on this drama.  Yes, CKH girlfriend is making him miserable, and she knows it. I don't like her manipulations. I simultaneously pity and despise her right now.  I think for CKH is love at first sight, and the more he gets to know ZWW, the more he realizes they are kindred spirits. I definitely agree he knows Wei Wei better than she knows herself. I think at first, he was feeling more the thrill of seeing how far he could push Wei Wei's buttons and what reactions she would have to his antics, but the more he is around her the deeper his feelings are growing. Ep.1 made clear that she is similar to him with her direct, forthright personality and self confidence. Like him, she doesn't back down from a challenge as when he challenged her to the doll machine game.  CKH saw that she doesn't back down and he liked that about her. Their encounter in Ep. 2 on the balcony and then afterward, you could see he was affected by their physical closeness and then ZWW let it slip that she was affected too. So now he knows there is mutual attraction.  But yeah, CKH agressive pursuit is not a good way to go about things.  

Then there is Wei Wei's boyfriend. I agree with you there are big problems in their relationship. His need for control as evidenced by all of the plans, rules, etc. along with his extreme frugality and emotional unavailability.  You are spot on when you say that people will get hurt because the leads are not willing to admit that things aren't working out with the respective partners but rather they try to hold onto the bad relationships. 

I so totally didn't see the "indecent proposal" senario coming with Ep.3 ! I agree this next episode  is going to be HOT! Can't wait!

@Jennifer Padilla

"Like it was said, he might have been at first attracted by her being so different from all the women he is surrounded by. For example his controlling girlfriend who has no drive to persue her own happiness but rather wants to achieve it through him or the money lusty girls at certain parties he attends who would submit to his every wish (eg spent a night with him bc he won a game). She instead is driven and boldly defies him. 

Having gotten to see her notebook might have been an extremly rare occasion for him. Seeing a women being so determaind about something, he probably wouldn't see things like that from women with whom he usually surrounds himself. 

Having read her notebook not only made him aware of how hardworking and abstained she can be but also that the two of them were in a very similar situation. Both thier partners filled their whole life with no room left. For him who lives in squanders, reading how much she must cut back on her own life (eating so cheaply for years, still living in a shared appartment with a co-worker) must have been especially alienating. How could she ever be happy with a life as discribed in the book? "Poorly" (to his account) planned out as it is, it ensured to be a roler coaster of a life she has gotten herself onto.

Like with most people, our ML saw our FL being in a similar situation like himself and instead of confronting his own problems, he has put it upon himself to fix hers. Especially after having said his goodbyes to her only to find her standing in his flat soon after. If that was not a calling, then what is? "

Yes, you have a good point.  They are both being suffocated by their respective partners. I had not considered that CKH may consider himself a fixer for ZWW. 

@realistic2280a

"just random thinking....

Sometimes, its hard on CK's gf because she was dependent on him for 10 years and he himself allowed that to happen, regardess of what promise that he had with her mom. Yet, after 10 years, he wanted to stop. Its not impossible for him to want to end the relationship earlier if he wants to but he choose to let it continue with it until he found someone he 'fancied' and deliberately wants to cheat on her.

I just feel, it was quite cold of him to ignore his gf, whom he did acknowleged and allowing her to get depressed by refusing to do anything with her. Something is just not right. But that i guess is the cruel world out there, men can be such **** "

You make an interesting point. I will agree with you that CKH did contribute to the making of his current situation. He allowed his girlfriend to stay dependent on him for these 10 years. He could have, and should have, taken steps to stop these types of behaviors  ( the exhorbitant shopping, fixation on furthering his career rather than focusing on getting a career for herself) years ago. Instead  he does nothing about it and then it just gets worse and worse. Yes, he made a promise to her mother but he still could have helped ZiYuan to find a job and become more independent. That is "taking care" of her as well.  As to waiting too long before having a talk about their relationship: I'm not sure if CKH didn't try to end their bf/gf relationship before now and ZY just refuse to break it off, like she did this episode 2.  But yes, it is interesting that while he is a risk taker, go getter, ambitious in his work life, when it comes to ZY he backs off and lets her be the one more in control. 

4 hours ago, mizv said:

Your right on point.  They are not compatible. That is why there sooooo much sexual tension.  I'm like why are you trying to force yourself.  snap out of it.  The sexual tension is going to build up and explode. 

Yes. ZWW is definitely trying to force herself to change her feelings and it's not working. I think both ZWW and CKH are dealing with strong feelings that are new to them both. In Ep. 2, ZWW asks CKH "Are you nuts?" several times during that charged encounter and he responds " A little bit", so I think that his behaviors are really not the norm even for him and he recognizes this but can't stop himself. 

@AlexandraReid Thanks for the new clips. I wish they were subbed!:) I would love to know what the director is saying to the cast members in that BTS clip. And, oh, yeah, Ep. 3 looks to be very intense! Again, too bad the ep. 3 clips aren't subbed by the provider. Don't they know about us international fans?  I think they will go to that tent or whatever it was in Ep. 3 as so far everything that they show in the previews at the end of each episode has happened during that episode. I guess we will find out. Gosh, is it Friday yet?

Just thinking... about CKH behaviors in Ep. 1 & 2. Many viewers were commenting on CKH actions as being like a sexual predator or rapist, but I do not agree. I don't think his character is a sexual predator-I don't think his actions go to that extreme. Is he a "nice guy" with his behaviors toward Wei Wei? No, he is not but the motivation behind some of the most aggressive actions is anger, not a need for sexual power or domination. 

In Ep. 1, he follows WW to the bedroom. First, he is surprised by the BDSM stuff in the room which tells me he didn't know anything about it and so luring her there was never his plan. It was more about testing Wei Wei and seeing her reactions. Would she agree to sleep with him or not? How would she handle his outrageous suggestion? WW said "No" and ran off, and went to that bedroom while trying to find the exit. He followed her. Once they were in the room, he continues to verbally challenge her and push her buttons. WW counters by boldly taking him to task about "how can he think to treat his girlfriend this way, etc."  CKH gets angry at ZWW acusations and he loses his temper and retaliates by handcuffing WW to the bed and leaving her there with the key just out of reach.  Later after he cools off he returns and releases her and tells her to go. He even says to her that he's not interested in forcing girls, that he was playing a game with her. 

In Ep. 2,  He has respected ZWW boundry not to contact her again, and is surprised to see her at his apartment. When he asks ZWW to sit down on the couch with him and talk, ZWW calls him a pervert. Again, CKH gets angry at being called a pervert. This anger causes him to pick up WW and take her to the balcony. The motivator is anger, not need to sexually dominate the other person.  

Really enjoying this drama, I'll probably be lurking for bit, but like everyone else is saying, both of the main character's couples are in really dysfunctional relationships, I can see the later episodes getting really hard for both characters, makes me curious how this is going to end

8 hours ago, Table122000 said:

@AlexandraReid Thanks for the new clips. I wish they were subbed!:) I would love to know what the director is saying to the cast members in that BTS clip. And, oh, yeah, Ep. 3 looks to be very intense! Again, too bad the ep. 3 clips aren't subbed by the provider. Don't they know about us international fans?  I think they will go to that tent or whatever it was in Ep. 3 as so far everything that they show in the previews at the end of each episode has happened during that episode. I guess we will find out. Gosh, is it Friday yet?

its still Thursday in my country lol, otherwise i do hope they included that 'tent scene' in ep3, isit possible guys? :cold_sweat:

ig updates

=====

47934315116_336c96bd96_b.jpg

It seems there's no development between CK & ZW yet, since ZW still feel doubted to spend night with him.

I guess eps4 will be more tense between the two couple, judging on the preview it seems like ZW has started make move towards CK. and yes another week to wait lol. :rolleyes:

Archived