[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Before We Get Married 我們不能是朋友

0ly40

I'm still waiting for subs but very glad and proud of WW for not backing down and being manipulated by HY anymore. Even more proud of her for not backing down to ZY too.

This was a good episode to show us just how far WW has come. I do wish the break up had happened sooner though because I would have liked to see more of WW showing her feelings for KH too. At this point, looks like we'll only get more romantic scenes between KH and WW in the last episode. I do wish this drama was longer than 13 episodes and not just 1 episode per week :tears:

KH just makes me love him more and more after each episode. He has truly shown just how much he loves and cares for WW. He knows when to back off and when to be there. Big contrast from the start when he was intrigued and attracted to WW and couldn't help himself from staying away. They have both come so far in getting to know eachother and their relationship has really developed into friendship, respect and mutual attraction. 

HY and ZY should just get together lol both are selfish and dramatic when they don't get their own way. ZY wants a successful man so she can play the perfect wife and HY wants someone who lets him call the shots and doesn't complain. They are actually essentially perfect for one another if you think about it lol

I did not like it all when HY appeared at the office after WW had made it pretty clear that she didn't want him around. I especially didnt like it when he pushed KF out of the way and was practically yelling in WW's face in the room :rage: no brownie points for you there mister..

I love KF and DW, they are hilarious. Such great comedic timing from the more serious moments. I can't wait for him to fall for KF!

Next week's episode looks drama filled. I hope HY's boss doesn't come in and try interfere now with business/relationship stuff too. Surely it doesn't take that many other companies to assist in launching a product from an already established company right? I'm not sure how much more clear KH can be to ZY too.. anyways looking forward to watching WW finally realise her true feelings for KH and lots of romantic scenes between the two!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, J13 said:

Next week's episode looks drama filled. I hope HY's boss doesn't come in and try interfere now with business/relationship stuff too. Surely it doesn't take that many other companies to assist in launching a product from an already established company right? I'm not sure how much more clear KH can be to ZY too.. anyways looking forward to watching WW finally realise her true feelings for KH and lots of romantic scenes between the two!

I’m hoping for lots of romance too! But my guess is next week will just be frustration and angst with a side of illogical office politics. I think WW will fully realize she loves Kehuan just to leave him so his career isn’t damaged. She’s got a lot of guilt and I expect some noble idiocy from her before the end. 

I hope I’m wrong because these two characters have earned so happiness after all the misery with their exs. I keep picturing ZY and 321 at 80 years old sitting on a park bench complaining that they still haven’t agreed to the breakup. They are so entitled and stuck in the past. Meanwhile KH and WW are happily married and grandparents.

I love this show so much - but the pain to heart flutter ratio is off. :/

@Dezzysand @Mau_Cherry the office scenes was so uncomfortable to watch unfold! Knowing the context, the proposal itself was cringeworthy and not in the good way. Then 321 had the audacity to say "what else do you want from me" as if WeiWei demanded he propose to her smh. Garbage! Like Wei Wei told him, 321 still doesn't understand or knows her as a person. 321 thinks Wei Wei wants grand, elaborate, in your face romance, and you juxtapose that with Ke Huan showing affection and love for Wei Wei by doing the everyday little things we often take for granted. 

@J13 I too, loved that WW didn't back down from HY, and although we all wished she broke up with him sooner, KH's appearance was the much needed catalyst...like it was fated to happen eventually. If WW hasn't fallen completely head over heels for KH yet, I'm confident us viewers watching the show are swooning over the current CKH. KH's evolution is also really worth commending. KH and WW have both demonstrated that they have a great capacity to love someone, but what they couldn't control is how their former significant others evolved into selfish individuals. KH's love for WW is just too:heart: and I don't know if you understood the whole confrontation scene with him and HY, but that right there was such a perfect contrast of what type of person/bf/husband KH and HY would be to WW. Every one spoken out of HY's mouth was selfish and hostile, whereas KH's words were selfless, protective and genuine.

I'm wondering when Jasper's line, "I want to sleep with you" will appear. His "kiss me" is already iconic, so I want to hear the next memorable line. Episode 13 will probably be filled with all the romance...Puff said the bed scene is in the last episode, and of course we're waiting on the scenes from the stills released on Qixi festival of the movie date and the office scene. There's also a few more scenes that we haven't seen yet...like the scene of WW walking and KH is following from behind and calls her,  and at the wrap up party, Puff said she and Jasper have a kiss scene at the KTV phone booth. 

I’ve been meaning to say this too- I LOVE Kehuan and Kefei’s friendship. They recognize each other as people who deeply care about Wei Wei. That makes them automatic allies and they know it. 

After he he cleared up at the beginning that he wasn’t romantically interested in Kefei, they’ve had this easy joking rapport. When he said “let me trouble you to handle Dawei” with a knowing grin... it was just funny.  Kefei basically always takes his calls and talks straight. (She’s amazing in general- but I could write pages just about that)

It makes Kehuan and Wei Wei seem more lived-in and realistic than most dramas. Like you see how their lives are meshing and you believe bone-deep that they are compatible and would be happy together long term. Her friendship with Kefei is so central to WEi Wei’s life- her husband would have to accept and SUPPORT that.

7 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Lol it was subtitled in time comments? Wow. I can understand Mandarin so knew what was happening.

I understand maybe 25% without subs- But helpful Mandarin speakers are posting unofficial subs in the comments within 1-2 hours of the episode uploading. It cracks me up because they fill in the OTP conversations first, but Ziyuan scenes can take 4 days to never. Like no one has the kind of energy to listen to her.  

Okay that is super funny. I always switch timed comments off. I used to sub TW on and off to keep my Mandarin skills up. But now watch so many Kdramas that I can speak more Korean than Mandarin. Can't understand Japanese for nuts though.

I swear this bed scene is a tease and will be the ending scene of ep 13!! I appreciate that the break up was dealt with. But 123 is a psycho. He didn't come back or contact her for 2 weeks? All on the say- so of the woman? I didn't even see him out having fun with WW. His behavior taking the freebies at the meal place already turned me off. ZY is also feeling entitled. Those 2 are nuts. The other guy HW interfering has also been irritating.

But KH and WW have been a very interesting couple. I like it the issues are dealt with realistically. Or rather realistic concerns are raised and not too over the top. I actually like it that WW honestly tried to preserve her useless relationship. So that when those 2 get together it will be solid. As long as ZY doesn't throw a curve ball. Still. 10 years of unemployment and straight to the high position is nuts. 

@Dezzys I can totally see some noble idiocy from WW too which I can actually understand in her situation but I really hope that doesn't happen because she needs to see that she deserves happiness just like everyone else and not worry about what everyone else thinks. I wish we got more angst and moments of them together like in the first few episodes, this show is at its best when PG and JL are burning the screen with their explosive chemistry (and Jasper's sexy smile and dimples of course!).

Yes I agree about KH and KF! I've commented quiet a few times on how much I love KF but when you put her and KH together as WW's life support, they are both just pure gold! KF has always been on team KH because she can see how much he genuinely cares about WW and she saw that WW had already developed feelings for KH a long time ago. KF has certainly played a big part in WW finding herself as well. KH also treats KF with admiration and respect too, you can see that he admires her confidence. Big contrast to HY who just roughly pushed KF out of the way when she was trying to defend WW.

@aggiesbaby thanks for clarifying that scene! I didn't understand what they were saying but could catch the gist of it. Everything HY has been doing is pure selfishness and for his own benefit whereas KH has done nothing but grow and prove himself. 

Yes KH was definitely the trigger for WW in opening her eyes to the fact that she deserves more and giving her the confidence and encouragement she needed. I had just hoped the break up could have happened earlier in the drama though like episode 7 or 8 so all of this drama could have occurred earlier and then we could have lots of happy WW and KH moments and maybe even some WW chasing KH moments too. It is a short drama though so completely understand that the drama needed more time to develop the relationships and characters. 

Another long week to go before the next episode! I can't wait for WW and KH to finally get together! :blush:

Favorite scene was the banter at the park bench! Looking forward to seeing BTS from these last couple of eps...I’ve been following the Mango TV channel but no luck yet. I have the feeling ep 12 is going to be just setup for 13 just like 10 felt like setup for 11.  How is it possible that in just 13 eps we feel so connected to all the characters and have such layers to many of them?

The banter at the bench is so funny. KH "now that everyone knows that we have slept together.  We can do it openly now." "The fact that everyone thought we did it but we didn't  ... hmm, we at a disadvantage/suffer a loss (not sure how to translate it from mandarin to English). How about we make it into a reality?"

:lol::lol:

Actually, KH needs to leave that company because as long as he works there, ZY will be able to use the influence of the chairman. Even the latter reminded her that CKH had not left her as long as he worked there.

As for 321, he just wants a doll as a wife. He didn't listen and even try to understand why WW left him. He tried to manipulate her once more but it no longer worked on her. HY tried to blame CKH and WW for the break up so that he doesn't need to question his own behavior. He refuses to see his own shortcomings. HY is actually stupid, he believed the words from sister Mayzi, while it is quite clear that she is after him. It would be interesting if 321 realizes that he has been a pawn of sister Mayzi and she made the plan without telling him: she wanted him to lose his girlfriend, she wanted to marry him, she made sure that he would follow her plans... Mayzi is just like 321 but this is the female version. Yet 321 is not aware of that. 

So I finally caught up to the current episode! And I'll write about it in the next comment. But first, tomorrow (in Australian time) 12th of August, is Jasper Liu's birthday!

:heart: Happy Birthday Jasper!!!! :heart:

Jasper did a fan meet just before the weekend and Puff turned up to help him celebrate, despite shooting for other projects (Before We Get Married was shot before screening as opposed to their previous drama together, where they were shooting a few episodes ahead). I wrote a blog about it complete with lots of photos! Birthday fan meet blog post here 

Lots of fans took great pictures of Puff and Jasper together. This one comes from https://www.instagram.com/sunny420child/

f4TdSEW.png

Also I forgot to if I posted about my translation of the promotional video BTS video of Puff and Jasper...You can read translation here it's full of screenshots like the ones below...I took so many that I made this photo for instagram. You can follow for more P+J photos here: https://www.instagram.com/these.dramatic.days/

xFt0muy.png

I'm going to translate the more fun BTS videos this week, so if you enjoy reading translations...stay tuned!

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, KH needs to leave that company because as long as he works there, ZY will be able to use the influence of the chairman. Even the latter reminded her that CKH had not left her as long as he worked there.

As for 321, he just wants a doll as a wife. He didn't listen and even try to understand why WW left him. He tried to manipulate her once more but it no longer worked on her. HY tried to blame CKH and WW for the break up so that he doesn't need to question his own behavior. He refuses to see his own shortcomings. HY is actually stupid, he believed the words from sister Mayzi, while it is quite clear that she is after him. It would be interesting if 321 realizes that he has been a pawn of sister Mayzi and she made the plan without telling him: she wanted him to lose his girlfriend, she wanted to marry him, she made sure that he would follow her plans... Mayzi is just like 321 but this is the female version. Yet 321 is not aware of that. 

It was oddly satisfying watching this episode because every word that came from WW and KH were so clear and to the point and cut through HY's character. He's selfish nature was exposed and reared it's ugliness to the extreme. He's a narcissist - can't take his share of the blame, always needs to blame others when things go wrong, always needs to control and manipulate other people, gets angry when he can't, wants everything to go his way or not at all and is extremely selfish - He considers WW as 'good' when she listened to him and not good when she questions him. A relationship is about being equal, not about someone following what you want all the time! I really liked how WW didn't hold back from him though, even though it cost her work reputation. WW wanted to tell the truth and to keep the break up between them, but her blow was the best blow to him. And I think it's satisfying because it's so ironic - she never did cheat on him physically  (emotionally maybe, but that's coz he was always emotionally unavailable) and she told him so, but because of his own stubborn and selfish nature, he couldn't believe her and hurt himself by forcing her to lie to him about sleeping with KH multiple times. Although I don't like ZY either, I find HY the worst of all the characters. At least ZY in her own twisted way cares only for KH and no one else, whereas HY would easily bed Maizi jie if she said he would get promoted for it!

There is one thing that HY said that I found interesting though which is that WW rushed their wedding because she felt guilty for feeling things for KH. It is true, I suppose and I like that. Even though I support WW, the situation is so messed up that no one gets off entirely blame-free. In one of the trailers, Puff (the actress) questions whether their relationship would have been fine if KH didn't disrupt it with his antics of "buying" her for a one night stand. There would have been less drama for sure, but I think it would have been painful and lonely when HY would inevitably cheat on WW, if she had just followed him and let him do whatever he wanted in life.

The confrontations with ZY felt a bit weak though. Technically, WW did nothing to her and it was all KH's pursuing, so she's a female mirror of HY too - just a narcissistic bully who also refuses to see that there have been problems in her relationship for a long time. I find her clingy personality so annoying and weak in all the wrong places and could see why KH would feel repulsed. But I do think that KH being cold to her tends to drive her this way more? Perhaps it feels weird because he's already cold to her from episode 1, so the problems started before the events of the series (like the abortion)...so their interactions are hard to watch somehow because it also feels like KH is wrong in the way he just endures her for so long without making it clear to her. Also every episode...ZY's line "our relationship these past 10 years" makes me want to play a drinking game because it's said 100 times over!  But all in all, I wish WW could defend herself better when she's been innocent of an affair this whole time and not be the one being punished by ZY (though I guess ZY then gets her punishment from KH being cold to her).

Finally, WW, KH and her friend KF were great in this episode. I think WW' has had such a character transformation to grow a backbone and think about what she wants, regardless of what relationships she has. And she was so cute with KH when they had those beer and banter scenes at the start and end of that episode - it was kind of like the episode was bookended by cute outdoorsy alcohol scenes...haha. KH was also amazing when he admitted that WW was no one's property. Sure, he may have been weird to her at the start, KH's character development has been wonderful in that he genuinely cares for her and respects her. And all the things he said to HY when they were fighting were so powerful in showing just how much he understand's WW nature and situation. KF is my surprise favourite though - I wasn't sure if I liked her at the start except for comic relief. But she's such an amazing and supportive friend. I liked when she told KH off because she has such a wise perspective and KH needed to hear that he also needed to give WW some space. Can't wait to see WW+ KH get seriously intimate though now that the bulk of the drama is over. That opening sequence with hot Puff and Jasper sequences is what drew me into this drama after all!  :heart:

Hey everyone! I'm still waiting for subs on Ep. 11, but I am enjoying everyone's thoughts on this drama. I can hardly believe there are only 2 episodes left! I really hope that the final 2 episodes will focus more on developing the relationship between our OTP couple and not so much on their relationships with the second leads. (Although from the preview clips, it looks like the 321/ZY drama continues) One of the things I really like about this drama is how it takes the time to show that WW and CKH really like each other as people, and that they share more than just a physical attraction/passion. Watching them together, I feel like they are so compatible with each other, and I do hope that the drama will explore that more in depth and we have many more scenes of them getting to know each other/ interacting. I'm also hoping for more cute couple scenes. I plan to do a rewatch of the episodes this week as we go toward ep. 12. 

I just simply love it when WW exploded at 321 face big time.  321 pushed n pushed WW to admit that she cheated on him bcos that's just what he wants to hear.  Hahaha ... love it when WW got all pissed off and shouted back at 321 that "Yes, I sold myself to KH for that big discount we got for the apartment. And also KH & I, we made love on every corner/area of the apartment." 321 .. you want it, you got it in your face. 

He is in denial that he is also at fault for the breakdown of their relationship. He begged WW to get a discount on the apartment via connection with ZY. He never questioned how come KH is willing to give them such a steep discount.  He simply ignored it because he managed to get such a great big place at a cheap price. WW has on several occasions raised to 321 of the unbalanced of their relationship and problems to salvage it. He in turn just disregard it because he just wanted the same docile WW who never questioned him or voiced her opinions, just follow his plans.

KH has repeatedly told 321 that there's nothing going on between WW & him. That WW has rejected him but 321 doesn't want to accept that. In his mind, he already decided that WW has cheated on him with KH. He also refused to acknowledge when KH told him both of them don't own WW and that WW is her own person - she doesn't want both of them.

I love the conversation between KF & WW when she went on a shopping spree on household accessories. It's sad to hear that at the beginning of WW & 321 relationship,  it wasn't like it is now. Back then, it was more carefree and she dont have restrict herself on simple pleasures nor live on a very tight budget. How she has along the way lost herself in this relationship and what she really wants.

Lol ...DW is slowly warming up to KF and falling under her spell. He needs someone like her. It was hilariously funny when DW shouted "It's big and hard, ok. It's big and hard." And 321 came up to him asking ..."what is big and hard?" :lol: So far only DW knows that KH & WW have not slept together because he was so annal about his big question that KF & KH shouted the answer at the same time "No"

51 minutes ago, klgirl said:

Joining the party late y’all but better than never.

Found these on YouTube.  Looks like Ep. 12 cuts and if anyone has an idea of what is being said, please translate.  Thanks.

1st video clip

WW:  It's a fact that there's not enough time to realise the project. Things were not done well is also fact. All these need to be solved. But both of you fighting loudly here do not solve the problem.  Can we all sit down and discuss this amicably?

KH: I want to discuss it with him but 321 attitude doesn't look like he wants to. His attitude is like a little kid throwing tantrums.

321: Who is throwing tantrums?

KH: You!

WW: Can both of you calm down!

KH:  321, frankly I really accept this attitude of yours. My request/demand is very simple. On my product, I only demand this 3 conditions :

1)  Nobody has done it before

2)  Nobody has thought of it before

3)  Only we can do it.

If you can't fulfil these 3 conditions, then please do me the favour and leave my team.

321:  Yes Manager/Director 

2nd Video - rough translation. 

ZY interfered in their work I think. She was going against WW in work. KH got pissed off and ask his assistant to look for an office outside for the team to do their work in peace. ZY then fired back at KH that he needs permission/inform  the board before he can do this. So KH said "I now formally inform you of this. You represent the board/upper management so considered it as the management has been informed."  I think ZY fired back "You cannot make such decision on your own." KH: " I'm the head and person in charge of my division or department, I have the rights to decide on my own. "

@tiMadam The author says the book is not available in English and I don't know if anyone has taken the time to translate it for the online fans.

@Dezzys I love the interactions between KH and KF too! I was super perturbed and saw it as an automatic red flag when KF had no idea WW was even dating 321! Pretty sure KF as never been much of a 321 fan as a person. And what was below the belt? When 321 told WW to distance herself from KF because he didn't like the fact that someone told him he needed to spend more time with WW...which NO ONE SHOULD NEED TO TELL YOU TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE! Folks with narcissistic tendencies clearly don't like to be criticized. KH, on the other hand, clearly respects WW and KF's friendship and in return, KF has allied with KH. The only two people who've been there for WW are KH and KF, so 321 can shove it.

@ck1Oz 321 is indeed a nut job...nothing for two weeks and he thinks it was just some little fight. He's also getting relationship advice from MaZi to boot! Who gets relationship from your boss when she doesn't even know who your girlfriend is?! In regards to ZY, from what we gather, she was actually an academically gifted student but "sacrificed" her own future for "love." Not to mention, she's been buttering up the social circles of the wealthy and powerful all these years to get her job. I see WW and ZY as two women, when faced with the same problem, who chose differently. WW doesn't want to sacrifice her own self respect for the sake of pleasing and accommodating her significant other, while ZY is the polar opposite but in return, she's turned into a crazed ex because it's not something KH ever asked her to do. I'm positive the ZY that KH initially fell in love with 10 years ago was academically/career driven and had her own goals and desires...he never wanted to change THAT Gao Zi Yuan. 

@J13 you're welcome! And yes, nothing beats Puff and Jasper's sizzling onscreen chemistry! While they've both had other costars that were well received, Jasper and Puff would definitely be the most popular and loved. They're super close and that translates onscreen. We are all waiting for WW and KH to make it official...it's tugging my heart that I have to watch KH love WW from afar.

@cheekychipmunk_stv totally loved the bench banter too! there was no awkwardness between KH and WW, which made it so much cuter! Like i said, I'm wondering if we open with episode 12 and KH's "I want to sleep with you"....make whispered into WW's ear? That'd be sexy.

@bebebisous33 basically, 321 needs the current version of GZY as a wife. they are made for each other...

@JenL the narcissism with 321 boggles me because there's nothing that he possesses that would be worthy of "having the world revolve around him." Looks? Money? Abilities? NOPE. He's definitely not even in the same stratosphere as Lee Young Joon (Secretary Kim, my friends), who was endearing and totally hot haha. KH and ZY's confrontation scene was like whiplash. One second she's ripping him a new one and the next, she's groveling. Her "...these past 10 years" makes me want to smack my head against the wall...not drink because we'd need a liver transplant. KF is the bestie that we all wish we had. KH and WW's character development has been worthy of praise. Very rarely do you get to see such character growth in Taiwan dramas. What makes me appreciate KH's growth is that once he realized his feelings for WW were evolving into actual love and affection, he stepped back, which made me value and love his office confrontation with HY all the more. KH is in love with WW and he respects her, will stay by her side,  and protect her. 

Anyway, two more weeks and we wrap it up! Counting the days until we finally get Jasper/Puff hotness. I need them to just make out onscreen haha!

Archived