Episodes: 13

Aired: May 31, 2019 - Aug 23, 2019

Aired On: Friday

Network: GTVTTV

Duration: 1 hr. 30 min

Genre: romance, drama

Watch on viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36591c-before-we-get-married

Plot

Zhou Wei Wei is about to marry her successful, devoted fiancé. And Chu Ke Huan is also planning to tie the knot with the beautiful woman he thinks he wants to spend the rest of his life with. There’s just one hitch – as their respective wedding days approach, Wei Wei and Ke Huan are starting to develop feelings for one another. Despite their intentions to keep things platonic, Cupid seems to have other plans for them. Will they get cold feet? Will they give in to passion? Or can they keep their feelings for one another in check? This tense romantic drama about love, friendship, and betrayal is adapted from a novel by hit author Ayamei. Cr. Mydramalist

Cast:

Jasper Liu

Puff Kuo

Steven Sun

teaser

OST

Bii - I miss you more

Zeng Yijia - Retreat

Rennie Wang - What About You

Fang Wu - appreciate further details

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOH! This drama looks good! So refreshing to see a mature drama made for adults instead of the usual fluff. Plus, Jasper & Puff together again!  Only downside is the 1 ep. a week schedule since I know I'll probably want to binge it all in one sitting. So glad that this drama is being subbed on Viki. 

interview

The plot is still too fast but the leads are great. We got some pretty hot scenes and an interesting preview ep3. Despite the fact that he seems unlucky and yet so cold towards his girlfriend

Spoiler

and i bet Zhou Wei will breakup first with her boyfriend?? probably cause of getting emotionally attached from that 'One night stand' with Chu Kehuan , for sake of buying house lool :sweat_smile:

Thanks to @AlexandraReid for posting that interview clip of Puff & Jasper. Even though I couln't understand what was being said as I don't speak Chinese, it was really nice to see the 2 of them so relaxed and comfortable around each other. When you are comfortable with each other it helps to build trust with your acting partner and leads to better performances (in my opinion). Just saw that ep. 2 is now fully subbed, so will be back later to comment. 

I love this drama so far. I can tell that Ke Huan is feeling pressured by his girlfriend and after watching episode 2. I can also tell she is trying to push  him to the alter to hold on to him and live a good life. The  more I see of his interaction with her you can tell that things are not right between them and he has called her out on trying to trick him into marriage. He looked after her and her sister because of a promise to her mother and this woman is not letting go. From episode 2 you can tell that the woman knows he may not love her enough to marry her or only feels an obligation, but she is holding fast and trying to push him into proposing and over stepping her boundaries by trying to sell his house and push him into getting more money. All I can see is the man is pulling away from her and she sees it too.

I do not know why I get the feeling that Ke Huan could have known or seen Wei Wei in the past and liked her or this could be just love at first sight for him now. Either way the only problem I have is his approach when he knows she is engaged to be married soon,  but then I think he knows Wei Wei better than she knows herself and that is why he continues to show up in front of her and push her buttons. 

Wei Wei and her fiancee are the same as well. There are real problems between the two and he seems to be going ahead with his own planning and not including her which is a big issue. I can see how both Ke Huan and Wei Wei end up liking and falling for each other. The problem with this is someone will get hurt simply because they are not willing to realize that things are not working out between the people they are trying to hold on to. 

I have to agree that I love this adult themed drama and you can see the chemistry between the leads is off the charts. If there were no holes in the relationships they have this never could happen. But there are in both relationships and sometimes feelings take over. The more Wei Wei fights it the harder she will fall.

The preview for episode 3 is HOT! He tells her he will drop the price on his house if she sleeps with him?!!! Things get hot and heavy between those two and I can't wait to see it. 

I have watched Ep. 1:

Wow! I'm drawn in by this first episode. All 4 lead characters have a mix of good and bad points, so I am interested to see where this story will go. In this first episode, we can see quite clearly how each of the main leads relationships with their current significant other is not ideal. First, WW has been in a secret relationship for 3 years. She can't let anyone know about her boyfriend for fear of both of them losing their jobsT, leading to constant stress at the workplace for fear of being found out, along with the stress of not talking or seeing her boyfriend outside of work hours during the weekdays for fear of being seen by co-workers.  Add to this that WW boyfriend is completely bound by rules and plans, not to mention his complete devotion to keeping the budget low, he is very stingy.  It is wonderful to be financially aware and have goals but WW boyfriend takes it to extremes. WW boyfriend is so regimented he even turns down his girlfriend when she wants to celebrate their 3 years together as a couple? Really?  All this because it's not the "designated day"? WW has gone along with her boyfriend's plans and has sublimated her own wants and needs during these 3 years, but not for much longer I think.   As for CKH girlfriend of 10 years, she seems to be a quiet, mousy type of person, quite unambitious (she doesn't seem to have a career), and devoted to shopping and spending his money.  Her world revolves around him and she looks to be clingy as well. Total opposite of his direct, go getter, risk taking personality and workaholic nature.  I can see how they are a total mismatch, but I'm baffled as to why he didn't break up with her years ago? She mentioned seeing and talking to "Madam", so maybe that's his mother and he is forced to stay with her because of his family?  Something else is going on for sure to keep him tied to the relationship. The girlfriend is totally in a one sided love and knows it. You can feel a little of her desperation to hold on to him in this first episode. 

The cracks are showing for both leads relationships, we see that both of them are dying emotionally and are looking to feel again.  I like WW character: she has that same directness as male lead, so I can see why she is drawn to him and vice versa. 

I have to say that I disagree with the viewers who are saying that CKH was "stalking" WW. For me, it was clearly shown that their meetings were coincendental, up until the final meeting at the party. The party was set up by CKH but I did not feel that this was a stalking move.  Also, while CKH actions at the party were agressive, I didn't feel like anything  was approaching a rape senario. Was he wrong to keep pushing WW and rile her up? Absolutely. But I never felt that he was intending to rape anyone.  Instead, for me the scenes played out as CKH  challenging WW, testing her to see what her reactions would be to his outrageous behaviors. Still not a nice behavior but not so extreme. 

@realistic2280a

"Just saw the two episodes... why is Chu Ke so obsessed with Wei2... love at first sight? It wasnt clearly explained...  Hmmm...

I havent watched a lot of Taiwanese drama and hoping to see a good one after so long"

I thought CKH  interest in WW was explained well in the first episode.  When he first meets WW she is chasing the taxi receipt. He sees this beautiful girl  doing something that is a total opposite for him ( as he pointed out in his talk at the beginning of the episode): going to extremes for a small insignificant amount of money. (I think the taxi receipt is the equivalent of about $3 or $4 dollars)  Then he finds her notebook in the taxi and sees all of her budgets,  life plans, and lists.  Again, this is the total opposite of him and he is intrigued by this. When they meet again for him to return the notebook, he is also attracted to her direct personality and sassiness.  It was a combination of beauty, personality, and the opposite lifestyle.  When they meet at the karaoke booth, he takes the opportunity to quiz her about her life choices and is able to see more clearly how their personalities are similar: she is direct and self confident like he is, as well as a career woman. Total opposite of his mousy girlfriend.  he becomes more drawn to her, and as we see, she is also unconsiously attracted to him as well.

I totally agree with @Table122000 on everything that was said, I would only like to add something.

Like it was said, he might have been at first attracted by her being so different from all the women he is surrounded by. For example his controlling girlfriend who has no drive to persue her own happiness but rather wants to achieve it through him or the money lusty girls at certain parties he attends who would submit to his every wish (eg spent a night with him bc he won a game). She instead is driven and boldly defies him. 

Having gotten to see her notebook might have been an extremly rare occasion for him. Seeing a women being so determaind about something, he probably wouldn't see things like that from women with whom he usually surrounds himself. 

Having read her notebook not only made him aware of how hardworking and abstained she can be but also that the two of them were in a very similar situation. Both thier partners filled their whole life with no room left. For him who lives in squanders, reading how much she must cut back on her own life (eating so cheaply for years, still living in a shared appartment with a co-worker) must have been especially alienating. How could she ever be happy with a life as discribed in the book? "Poorly" (to his account) planned out as it is, it ensured to be a roler coaster of a life she has gotten herself onto.

Like with most people, our ML saw our FL being in a similar situation like himself and instead of confronting his own problems, he has put it upon himself to fix hers. Especially after having said his goodbyes to her only to find her standing in his flat soon after. If that was not a calling, then what is? 

just random thinking....

Sometimes, its hard on CK's gf because she was dependent on him for 10 years and he himself allowed that to happen, regardess of what promise that he had with her mom. Yet, after 10 years, he wanted to stop. Its not impossible for him to want to end the relationship earlier if he wants to but he choose to let it continue with it until he found someone he 'fancied' and deliberately wants to cheat on her.

I just feel, it was quite cold of him to ignore his gf, whom he did acknowleged and allowing her to get depressed by refusing to do anything with her. Something is just not right. But that i guess is the cruel world out there, men can be such **** :lol:

Just like the Korean drama Im watching at the moment,  Secretary Secret Life... hmm.. plot issues :huh: and Dominic is not the manly man and a romantic man that i had hope for ....hmmm

Archived