[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Before We Get Married 我們不能是朋友

0ly40

On 8/1/2019 at 11:49 PM, Table122000 said:

Yes. I hope the drama have them together at the end for sure. Please no sad ending! I've been burned before:

Hide contents

Cheese in the Trap drama 

23 hours ago, aw614 said:

haha, I remember the outrage from that drama, I still don't know what the director was thinking when the drama went for that sudden change

I am curious to see what impact both WW and KH's ex's will end up playing in the last 4 episodes. We know KH's ex is still obsessed over the break up, but what is 321 going to do 

I was one of the many who were outraged at the way everything was handled in that drama. It could have been one of the best kdramas on my list, if only the director had kept to the original source material. And to think she was the reason I got more excited to watch CITT because she also directed my favorite Kdrama of all time, Coffee Prince. 

I still can't understand what was going on in her head to mess the whole thing up like that. I remember reading somewhere that during Coffee Prince, due to its popularity, the network decided to extend it by 4 episodes. This same director refused on the basis that story will suffer....after a lot of  back and forth she agreed to one episode extension and convinced the network too. In CITT, she was the one to cause the story to suffer.

Back to this show, I sometimes wish the writers had not gone the easy way and made the ex-es 321 and ZY so unsympathetic to the viewers. This has brought on frustration from the audience towards WW for not making her decision sooner.

At least then we would have understood better WW's wavering back and forth on her relationship with 321. 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those previews! I just finished 10 and am ready for 11!! Sometimes I wish I didn’t watch previews, though, because it feels like they give away too much. So why does WW lie and say that her and KH have already slept together? Because HY accuses her? Because she wants to get him to leave? Did HY seriously think that proposing at the office would be what WW wanted?

bts

======

1 hour ago, Slyphykougn said:

Wow, those previews! I just finished 10 and am ready for 11!! Sometimes I wish I didn’t watch previews, though, because it feels like they give away too much. So why does WW lie and say that her and KH have already slept together? Because HY accuses her? Because she wants to get him to leave? Did HY seriously think that proposing at the office would be what WW wanted?

Those two (HY & ZY) its basically behaving like a bitter ex who is trying so hard to get back at their ex's for things that didnt work out.

and the previews kinda reminded me of this song lol :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

One, two, three, they gonna run back to me 'Cause I'm the best baby that they never gotta keep

One, two, three, they gonna run back to me They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave

Ex's and the oh, oh, oh's they haunt me Like ghosts they want me to make 'em all They won't let go Ex's and oh's

Watched ep 10, both 321 & ZY are hopeless case.

I really wanted to smack 321. He is so cold and unfeeling.  His gf came all the way to see him. Instead of being excited n hug her n kiss her to death n head straight to heaven land, he gave her a cold shoulder and was so cold towar6her that I thought he had cheated on WW with his boss - that's why he ignored WW when she came to see him. Telling WW that he has mo time for her and gave her the sour puss face but can be so happy draping his arm around his boss n singing so happily. Sadly he still don't get it why WW is not happy with him. He can still insisted to WW that she is involved in every decision of their plans together. Love it that WW told him ... that's not involved, it's more like she has to follow along whatever decisions he made. Sometimes I wonder if he truly loves WW. The way he goes about it doesn't seems so.

As for ZY, she is a nut case. She is out for blood at KH & WW. She still doesn't want to give up. 

39 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Watched ep 10, both 321 & ZY are hopeless case.

I really wanted to smack 321. He is so cold and unfeeling.  His gf came all the way to see him. Instead of being excited n hug her n kiss her to death n head straight to heaven land, he gave her a cold shoulder and was so cold towar6her that I thought he had cheated on WW with his boss - that's why he ignored WW when she came to see him. Telling WW that he has mo time for her and gave her the sour puss face but can be so happy draping his arm around his boss n singing so happily. Sadly he still don't get it why WW is not happy with him. He can still insisted to WW that she is involved in every decision of their plans together. Love it that WW told him ... that's not involved, it's more like she has to follow along whatever decisions he made. Sometimes I wonder if he truly loves WW. The way he goes about it doesn't seems so.

As for ZY, she is a nut case. She is out for blood at KH & WW. She still doesn't want to give up. 

Thanks..  I am still waiting for the english sub.  So did he buy another house?

Hopefully the subs for ep 10 come out soon cos I can only assume what's happening at the moment.. so I'm guessing HY got a house approval in Shanghai or accepted into something in Shanghai? HY is still being selfish and ignorant I see and ZY has stepped up her annoyance game.. did she give KH more insight into the abortion or is she just being her usual pest of a self using the chairwoman (I think it's the chairwoman or possibly chairman's wife or something, lady with the short hair)? He didn't seem too happy after their convo in the office.

I do wish this episode focused more on our two leads.. there are only 3 episodes left so I'd rather not spend too much time on HY, ZY or the business stuff.. some parts are necessary for drama/tying up loose ends purposes but we really don't need a lot of time spent on them.. we're all mainly here for WW and KH after all anyways!

Ep 11 looks intense. Hopefully this is the last we get of dramatic HY and ZY. Like c'mon guys, HY are you that blind that you can't see how selfish, unappreciative and inconsiderate you've been? I highly doubt his apology is genuine, he's just trying to pull WW back in so he has her naive self back again to help contribute to his plan. I think WW has implied that she has gone further with KH out of anger at him and perhaps to prove that she isn't going to be guilt tripped again. 

And ZY, where do I start? KH has not shown one inkling that he will get back together with you! Please quit your antics, take your younger sisters advice and learn to live on your own and for yourself. Ok rant over haha I just hope we get some more progress on WW and KH. Their chemistry is too good to waste!

Hey guys joining this thread now that I’ve caught up!

for one I too am curious what ZY’s ‘real reason’ is for the abortion. For a minute I thought maybe it wasn’t his kid...but why would she say that when she’s such a desperado to go back with him? So maybe she says something how she had no choice to abort...it was a dangerous pregnancy or basically her health was at risk. I think she will end up with that guy at KH’s work, not his assistant who’s in love with WWs bestie but the other dude that she was talking to in front of KH when he looked annoyed as heck ( I even though maybe she and him had an affair in the past and that’s why he was so pissed). 

I watched the recent episode raw, and I’m so relieved that she has finally broken up with HY (and also gotten a more spunky wardrobe change?) I just hope she also gets a bit more strength like her bestie, where she doesn’t care what other people think and is okay with being single (because I think her obsession with wanting to get married is what has also kept her staying with her no good fiancée). Then again, KH has shown over and over he wants to wife her up himself so why doesn’t she just break up with her Bf and go to him already? Like it doesn’t seem KH is gonna hit it and quit it with her (is that what she’s worried about?) he’s more successful than her boyfriend (aka no more stupid sacrifices like eating a crappy lunch) and it definitely seems like she has more chemistry with him than her fiancée. Okay, I get her rationalization that chemistry and a physical attraction can only go so far compared to her long term relationship already on the path to marriage. But comparing her to her best friend, how much do you have to be treated like crap before you would rather be alone than with this bad partner? Sometimes I wonder if some people hesitate to break up because hey associate that with failure. And she is scared if they break up than her three years went to waste and she failed at achieving her dream? Just trying to understand her character. 

Moral of the story? Relationships are way to complicated so everybody, let's stay single! Haha...

In all seriousness, this drama is like a dose of reality. The conversation topics among all my girlfriends these last few years (since we're all in late 20s to mid 30s) is communication, respect, marriage and children. Like how all four characters represent and possess different views on love/relationships, so do we. It's so complicated and many times, we have no idea how it will unfold despite our age and life experience.  

@J13 I was a little bummed with episode 10 because it wasn't enough WW and KH. We were way too spoiled episode 9 and episode 10 felt so tame the latter half; but I guess it's narratively necessary for WW to do her thing before we switch to how KH and her finally start a relationship. I think 90% of what was shown in all the long previews and drama spots have aired or will air with episode 11, so that means there should be some surprises with episode 12 and then the finale. The big bed scene between KH and WW is probably end of episode 12 or last episode. I just NOT need a crappy ending...I'm perfectly fine with the novel ending because I thought it was kinda sweet. 

On 7/31/2019 at 1:14 AM, aggiesbaby said:

@JenL yay for another super fan! they were so adorable in 喜歡·一個人. I share so much of your sentiments. KH was definitely overly aggressive in the beginning, but post camp date, he's been a dreamboat. And yes...that loving, tender, only-eyes-for-WW gaze has me weak in the knees. I commend and adore that since KH's realized he's really fallen in love with WW, he hasn't forced her to really do anything she doesn't want...he's "reading the situation" and going with what feels right in that moment- including the hotness that was episode 9. 

Oooh Thanks for the greeting! I'm glad you agree with me :) But yessss, Jasper has such gaze-intensity that it kills you! He's so much the dream boyfriend once you get over the uncomfortable episodes. I understand it's based on a book, but I wish his character could have been a little less weird at the start. Nonetheless, I've loved him since he's become a more normal character...He just looked so sad and in love with Weiwei after they had that passionate scene, interrupted by Haoyi's call. The way he just holds her in the hope that she won't leave! My heart broke a little from watching that!

Anyway, I'm behind an episode and won't have time to watch the last episode till tonight, but I have been busy translating their promo photo shoot video here. I'll insert screenshots when I have time to make it pretty. For those who read, enjoy!

2 hours ago, JenL said:

Oooh Thanks for the greeting! I'm glad you agree with me :) But yessss, Jasper has such gaze intensity that it kills you! He's so much the dream boyfriend after we get over the uncomfortable episodes. I understand it's based on a book, but I wish his character could have been a little less weird at the start. Nonetheless, I've loved him since he's been a more normal character and he looked so sad and in love with her after they'd had that passionate scene, but then get interrupted by Haoyi's call and he holds her in the hope that she won't leave! My heart broke a little.

Anyway, I'm behind an episode and won't have time to watch the last episode till tonight, but I have been busy translating their promo photo shoot video here. I'll insert screenshots when I have time to make it pretty. For those who read, enjoy!

Jasper's 眼神 in acting has improved leaps and bounds over the years. Netizens are totally in love with Chu KeHuan and it's mainly due to Jasper killing the role. All of Taiwan knows he's the perfect and ideal boy-next-door, so this role has absolutely wowed all of us. Kudos to director 馮凱 for all that he's done with the cast...there isn't an acting weak-link. Oh Chu KeHuan in the novel isn't as dreamy as the drama version...and contrary, ZiYuan isn't nearly as pain in the glut in the novel as she is in the drama- trade off? Haha! Oh episode 9...the whole first 30 minutes had my heart up and down from excitement and joy to heartache. The one detail about that whole semi-love scene that I adored was KeHuan kept his eyes open and gazing most of the time when he was kissing Wei Wei and he used tongue...it was so sensual!:heart:

Have you seen any of the latest previews even though you haven't watched 10 yet? Episode 10 definitely setting up for the explosion that will be episode 11. Puff confirmed the actual love scene with Jasper will be the last episode, so August 23rd everyone!

Hi everyone!

It has been long time I didn't login to forum soompi :lol: and now I login again because of this drama. This drama make me really curious and always wait for the new episode every week.

I really like the chemistry between PG and JL, they can portray their character really well. So, sometime I feel grumpy with WW and sometimes I feel why she still has patience to stay with HY meanwhile KH openly always help her and always beside her even he willing to just be a good friend of WW. But I believe times will turn it over and in the end WW will be with KH :blush:

bd02401b29a5c057a3dc7bc045b4bafb.jpg65391479_670023013409639_6559470321988647236_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.cdninstagram.com&ig_cache_key=MjA3MzQwMzY3NzQxMjE5NzY3OQ==.2

What he needed was someone who allowed him to breathe and just be himself...

What she needed was someone to see her instead of only himself...

I hope you won't mind my stopping by and sharing about this drama. This wasn't a usual drama that I would have picked mainly because I am not a fan of cheating of any kind.  Just consider me old fashioned, how I was raised and what I believe.  Still I was curious where this writer would lead us and I was so surprised in what I found.  I loved how this writer continues to bring light to some real truths about relationships and also in what is meaningful to both men and women.  That romance isn't about the big things but more about the little things we do for each other daily.

That gentleness, tenderness and kindness given in a relationship is priceless and although there is great passion it doesn't take away from the fact that it's softness like a touch of her hair.  Or the thoughtfulness of his protecting her from the rain.  It's her seeing the hurt in his eyes knowing where to find him and being there when she knew he just needed someone to care.

There is always something in every drama good or bad that makes you reflect and reminds you while moving your heart.  That the writer has something to say if you're willing to listen.  Not just with your ears but with your heart.

Even if for you it was an unusual choice...

:heart:

Let's say episode 11 was an explosion of acting chops with Jasper and Puff given all those confrontational scenes. I don't know about you all, but I just loved Ke Huan even more after this episode, he's saying and doing all the right things, but most importantly, it's genuine. Be warned, 321 will make you want to bash your laptop screen. Reasoning and talking with 321 is like trying to explain U.S. foreign policy to a toddler. Episode 11 ended on a cute note with WW and KH's conversation, but looks like episode 12 is going to be heavy stuff again. Again, I so appreciate how real this drama gets when it comes to questioning relationships and choices that we have to make.

Uff - I am still a bit shooked. That was really not WWs best day. So much happend and so fast too. I need the subs to understand what they all said but I feel like everything what was ever needed to say - and more - is now on the plate.

I hated 321 so much - trying to force WW to take the ring - in the office... Honestly - it could have been wonderful - if he had done THAT earlier. The idea with the computer was lovley - if not for a insane person. He really gave me bad vibes. KC tried to just hold him down but in the end he hit back - and I was not sure if I can trust 321 that he will never hit WW too. She looked shocked and scared.

I loved it that WW finaly got angry and talked back and spoke for herself. And i can´t wait to find out what it was all about. I have my ideas - but I need the lines.

On Viki, basically the whole episode is subtitled in the Timed Comments. This show has some very committed fans! 

The office confrontation tied tied my stomach in knots. I felt horrible for both Wei Wei and Kehuan. But the way he handled it in the last scene was pure love. He trusts her, understands her and isn’t concerned about judgement from anyone else. Even if the whole world knows about the 8 million ...

The previews for ep 12 has me so aggravated. Ziyuan being manipulative, 321 being violent... and no lovey doves scenes of the leads. 

Archived