[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Before We Get Married 我們不能是朋友

0ly40

I haven't watched episode 9 yet aside from some snippets but grrrr of course HY has to ruin WW and KH's moment... 

Hopefully the subs are ready tonight! Excitedddd :D

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, aggiesbaby said:

That's Chairman Wang, not WW's dad. He's Da Wei's uncle and who the gang went to meet in YiLan. And I'm almost certain this scene is after WW had broken up with 321 and right before WW and KH begin to date, for real. 

Thanks for clarifying that scene. You're right, it's not 321 dad. Looks like things will move fast in Ep. 10 according to all the preview clips. 

Hi..everybody..Long time I am not in this 

discussion forum..but due to B4 we get married..here I am back.. I love this drama very much.. i am waiting for ep 9 to be eng sub..cant wait for its.. 

Wow that kiss scene was epic! PG and JL have explosive chemistry! There was so much emotion, angst and passion that I really felt like I was invading their privacy lol

Finally WW is facing her relationship problems and while I wish this had occurred sooner, she has been in a long term relationship with a guy who has manipulated and guilt tripped her so much that it makes sense that it has taken her so long to see and admit there were problems. I hope we don't see her being guilt tripped and sucked back in by him anymore. With only 4 episodes remaining, I need more WW and KH please!

I loved the relationship progress between WW and KH in this episode. WW can try and avoid KH as much as she wants but she can't deny her feelings. I like that the more KH has gotten to know WW, he has backed off because he knows that him being too full on makes her uncomfortable. He has still remained open and honest about his feelings for her though but respects her decision to stay with HY. It's hard for him to always stay away when they are together though because he knows WW avoids him on purpose to try and run away from her growing feelings for him so I think he likes to test the boundaries. WW has also become so much more comfortable around KH, it's like she cares less about what others might say now which is a big stepping stone for them both. Perhaps he thinks she'll wake up to her relationship problems and feelings for him if he doesn't give up on her. I'm all for it though. I love watching them both indirectly help eachother gain confidence and courage to confront their relationship problems and they both deserve happiness.

I am dreading whatever reason ZY has for having an abortion. I feel like it's been a few years now and if there was a legitimiate unselfish reason, you probably should've told KH earlier when you could see how much it affected him. I understand that it's hard for her to move on when they were in a decade long relationship and she depended on him so much but she really needs to open her eyes to the fact that they aren't getting back together. 

ZY appearing in the office in next week's teaser will be interesting. She's a pain but I imagine they'll be some misunderstandings which hopefully make WW realise that she doesnt want to lose KH. 

HY's true selfish colours look to be coming out in next week's teaser too. He easily played the nice guy persona before but he actually got angry at WW when she really didn't back down. I think he has already cheated on WW to be honest. I feel sorry for WW but more glad that she can finally be rid of this selfish loser! 

I have come to the conclusion that everyone needs a friend like KF. I love every scene with her. I loved watching her play the innocent card with DW :joy:they are going to end up together I reckon and it's going to freak KF out that she can really have feelings for a guy haha

Can't wait for the next episode!

Edit: sorry for another long post from me! I am loving this drama and really enjoying having a place to relay my thoughts! Nothing better than fellow asian drama lovers :blush:

I really want to know the reason behind the abortion! But i think i can already guess the story.

Wei wei breaks up with his fiance. At the point she is going to accept kehuan, Kehuan get to know the real reason about the abortion. His gf sacrificed a lot for him and now he feels obliged to go back to his gf... 

Wei wei's fiance thinks kehuan is the reason of the brake up and he's determined to do anything to destroy kehuan career. 

At the end wei wei fiance loses everything because he probably is going to make a big mistake and make her female boss angry. Kehuan gf finally understand that their is no more love between her and kehuan, only family love. Wei wei can't handle the situation and leaves the country, kehuan take a long break to look for her...

I really want to know the reason behind the abortion! But i think i can already guess the story.

Wei wei breaks up with his fiance. At the point she is going to accept kehuan, Kehuan get to know the real reason about the abortion. His gf sacrificed a lot for him and now he feels obliged to go back to his gf... 

Wei wei's fiance thinks kehuan is the reason of the brake up and he's determined to do anything to destroy kehuan career. 

At the end wei wei fiance loses everything because he probably is going to make a big mistake and make her female boss angry. Kehuan gf finally understand that their is no more love between her and kehuan, only family love. Wei wei can't handle the situation and leaves the country, kehuan take a long break to look for her...

On 7/27/2019 at 11:02 AM, J13 said:

HY's true selfish colours look to be coming out in next week's teaser too. He easily played the nice guy persona before but he actually got angry at WW when she really didn't back down. I think he has already cheated on WW to be honest. I feel sorry for WW but more glad that she can finally be rid of this selfish loser! 

The preview looks like he didn't seem happy to see her. Although the episode 9 had me actually wondering if he was legitimately stressed from work and he was telling the truth. He actually looked stressed from the long working hours in the scenes he was in and he had facial hair growing vs being clean shaven. But at the same time, from his hotel room there were clothes in the bed if I recall? I might need to watch this episode again to observe his behavior

So two things I got from episode 9

WW and KH's friendship has turned into yet another step into her realizing the sham her relationship has been. No, she and 321 weren't together for 10 years like KH and ZY, but three years is still a significant amount of time to invest into someone. I think WW has been reluctant to let the relationship go because truly things have been this way since the start, she just didn't see it because 321 had her believing it was all a part of the plan. We knew when she practically begged him to let her spend the night at his house so they could be intimate and he turned her down because God forbid she would want to spend the night at her boyfriend of three years house again and this was not included in the rules. 

I got the impression in the first couple of episodes that KH wasn't exactly the nicest person. He was also a workaholic, yet we see him on a date with ZY in the first episode. With anything in life, you have to have balance and this is what 321 lacks in spades. In episode 9 alone, he calls WW three times. He is on the phone with her all 3 times less than three minutes. Two of those times it was to deliver bad news. Even their communication is bad. Never mind the fact that he makes all of these decisions without ever taking her feelings into account, but when he does talk to her, it's like he's talking at her and not with her. Their communication feels like he is just checking in to keep her in line, make sure she is being obedient and still there. It really felt like that when his call interrupted them kissing.

Yes, WW is attracted to KH, who wouldn't be, but attraction is not enough to hold a relationship together. You need to have things in common, common goals and desires, otherwise you are just wasting your time. WW is not going to get any happier if she rushes and falls into bed with KH. But she does need to face her current situation. It is not easy to break an engagement, especially as a woman. She feels like maybe she wants to leave because she has another option, but 321 is giving her all of the reasons to leave at the moment. The cringiest moment was when she was talking to 321 and he confirmed that he wasn't coming to Taiwan to see her and she asked him if her being okay with it was expected of a future wife, and he said of course, then they hung up. The fight has left WW. She doesn't even care anymore. She showed more emotion when she watched KH carry ZY out of the party than she did when her fiance' said that to her. And even then, when KH took ZY to the hospital, he called WW and had planned to leave to come and get her to make sure she got home.

I want WW to be happy, which means that even when she breaks things off with 321, she needs to take a step back and work on why she was a doormat in that relationship to begin with. She shouldn't get with KH and end up the same way with him. People really lose themselves in relationships sometimes. We found out that ZY lied about the abortion. Why? Seriously, why would she lie about something like that. She really thought that being childless at that time would endear him to her? It did the exact opposite. She got no closer to appearing as a wife to him, which makes me wonder if she ever really loved KH or was she holding on to a title. I digress. Hopefully these last four episodes, WW will find who she has become as a woman and then move into KH's life whole and complete.  

BTS video  for Ep. 9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XYiuVPuDhs

The video includes some BTS for the bed scene. It's hard to believe we get this intensity level for the bed scene since in BTS everyone is laughing and joking around. Puff and Jasper were really into character for this scene. Amazing acting! Ep 9 love scene between the leads was an amazing piece of filmmaking-kudos to the director and both actors! I felt the passion and the tenderness, a rare combo to pull off successfully. One of the best bed scenes ever. 

22 hours ago, aw614 said:

The preview looks like he didn't seem happy to see her. Although the episode 9 had me actually wondering if he was legitimately stressed from work and he was telling the truth. He actually looked stressed from the long working hours in the scenes he was in and he had facial hair growing vs being clean shaven. But at the same time, from his hotel room there were clothes in the bed if I recall? I might need to watch this episode again to observe his behavior

Yeah I agree. He doesn't look happy to see her and/or he doesn't like her questioning their relationship. 

I thought he seemed a bit suss after the celebratory work drinks already. Even if he is stressed about work, he has done a pretty poor job of making up to WW given he pushed their wedding back without consulting her and didn't even invite her to stay in Shanghai with him.. I can't recall seeing clothes in the bed but the bed didnt appear to be flat either, not sure if the bump was big enough to be a person either but he just seems shady.. I can imagine him being stressed if he has cheated or if his feelings are starting to grow for his boss though because I do think he cares for WW just definitely not as much as he should.

Maybe I'm just on team KH too much that I'm overthinking everything HY does now too? :joy:

@Table122000 Yes 100%! I've watched A LOT of dramas (Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese and Thai) and can honestly say this was the best kiss/bed scene I've seen. Their first kiss was actually better than a lot of kisses I've seen before too in terms of chemistry and the kiss in itself. 

There is so much chemistry between JL and PG, it's really hard to describe. Like there is no awkwardness between them and it all just seems so natural. You can feel the emotions, angst, tension and longing between them. There was so much progress between them in ep 9, WW is becoming so comfortable and happy around KH. I can't wait to see what ep 10 brings!

Hello all! Can't believe I haven't been on this forum for a looooong time, especially this thread for a Puff and Jasper drama. I have been watching, but I've just been feeling very demotivated lately...sometimes life just gets you down...but somehow my love for this couple has picked me up from the dead and gotten me back here :D (even though it's getting towards the end of the series :(I was a massive fan of theirs from their first collaboration Pleasantly Surprised and I've even met them both in person before for a fan meet for the end of that show (when Taiwanese TV fan meets use to be easier to attend)- you can read about it on this blog post here (Yes, this blog is dedicated mostly to Puff and Jasper, though there's a few other dramas/ celebrities there too.) And then I went on to meet Jasper 2 more times in Taiwan and  there's a bunch of photos, autographs and blog posts about that too!...So that's why I'm surprised I didn't jump onto this thread as soon as I heard the drama was coming out. I regret wasting time, but hopefully I can still join in some discussions as they arise (I recognise some of your avatars from the Pleasantly Surprised forum thread! Good to see you all)

My first thoughts when I watched episode 1 was that Kehuan was some crazy sadistic pervert (as Weiwei calls him) and I'm not a fan not that type of character. Tsundere, is it? I don't like how Asian dramas sometimes frame the cruel-to-be-kind male characters as heroes or idols even though they exhibit serious attitude and behavioural flaws. Although I was curious about Jasper taking on a very different type of role, it seemed too close to that cringe-worthy cliche '50 shades of grey' bad guy for me to feel interested. BUT as the series has gone on, I've enjoyed seeing Kehuan's redeemable side being brought out by Weiwei and her simple, honest chracter. Even though I find it hard to excuse Kehuan's behaviour in the first few episodes, I can see now how he would have felt so smothered living with his controlling ex and with the burden of having to provide for her lavish lifestyle. He's also got such a beautiful, sad and loving gaze when he looks at Weiwei in scenes with her wedding dress and when she breaks off their embrace (The power of Jasper's electric gazes!) He clearly loves Weiwei very much and always watches out for her. This is also Jasper's best acting to date, in my opinion. He's gotten much better at taking on boss type roles and less nervous with couple scenes.

I've enjoyed seeing the flaws in all the other characters because this is something that not all dramas explore - that often problems are caused by all parties involved. Even Weiwei, who I think is a pretty down to earth and very likeable, has been quite wrong at times in that she fears facing her own feelings and disappointing those around her at the cost of her own health and happiness. The worst characters are still of course both the partners who they're cheating on because they're both so controlling. Haoyi is so damn selfish that it's hard not to hate him. There's being responsible -  providing for your family and paying the mortgage - but then there's neglecting your partner altogether because you want to climb the social ladder. It's hard to see how a warm and friendly father could have produced a son like him. What grossed me out the most was when he still wanted to get intimate with Weiwei without regarding her feelings - he always expects her to give him what he wants, but never considers any of her needs. In a weird way I feel like he would suit well with Ziyuan, who is pretty much a socialite and needs sit on the arm of a social climber. Ziyuan is a pretty sad case because she has so many things - looks, charisma and smarts - but she refuses to let go of something that hasn't been hers for a long time. That neediness and pettiness makes her very weak and causes her to waste her talents as a person. It's never good to cling and control. 

Episode 9 was pretty much all my fantasies as a Puff and Jasper fan come to life by the way. They've always had good chemistry from their old drama to their new (and in real life they were very jokey together at the fan meet). But dammmmmn. That make out scene was super hot....though the Behind the scenes are funny because they both are such kids and love to make jokes. Thinking of translating the behind the scenes video if anyone is interested in seeing it! You've probably all seen the promo pictures from back in May -I'm also thinking of translating that Puff and Jasper photo shoot BTS video. But depends on whether I get the time to do it!

15 hours ago, Table122000 said:

BTS video  for Ep. 9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XYiuVPuDhs

The video includes some BTS for the bed scene. It's hard to believe we get this intensity level for the bed scene since in BTS everyone is laughing and joking around. Puff and Jasper were really into character for this scene. Amazing acting! Ep 9 love scene between the leads was an amazing piece of filmmaking-kudos to the director and both actors! I felt the passion and the tenderness, a rare combo to pull off successfully. One of the best bed scenes ever. 

You never need to worry when it comes to Puff and Jasper's chemistry! Their close friendship is well known among Taiwan media and it clearly translates professionally. Taiwan has definitely been head of the pack when it comes to including kissing and bed scenes in their dramas...much more progressive than China and Korea.

@JenL yay for another super fan! they were so adorable in 喜歡·一個人. I share so much of your sentiments. KH was definitely overly aggressive in the beginning, but post camp date, he's been a dreamboat. And yes...that loving, tender, only-eyes-for-WW gaze has me weak in the knees. I commend and adore that since KH's realized he's really fallen in love with WW, he hasn't forced her to really do anything she doesn't want...he's "reading the situation" and going with what feels right in that moment- including the hotness that was episode 9. 

My thought is HY has cheated on WW already or is very close to it. There is no way he does not know what his boss wants from him. I have never liked his character because he seemed to manipulate WW and have her holding on for him. This last trip cinched it for me along with that big breakfast he cooked for her in episode 8. When he knows that WW is fed up with him he gets his father to call her to guilt her into going along making her seem like she is being irrational. 

I was very angry he called at the wrong moment as well and broke up the very good moment between WW and KH. NO matter how much she tries to deny her feelings they eventually break out like they did then. 

The one thing I do not want is for KH to go back to his ex. I feel her abortion was for very selfish reasons and she is now trying to guilt and manipulate him to go back to her. The woman is trying to play a head game with WW and KH. It was the worst mistake ever for her to try and use this woman as her wedding planner. If the woman was so selfless and had a legit medical emergency of why she needed to abort then she should have told KH then so he could support her. All I see is a manipulative crazy woman who does not want to get out there and stand on her own two feet to make a living like her sister has told her to do. The woman wants to continue to live the good life off of KH and run around acting like the big madam. She is well aware that KH must like WW and she is trying everything to not let this happen. 

I do hope in episode 10 WW finally wakes up like I see in the preview and gives back that ring and walks away from HY. She really needs to finally open her eyes and see that he is not good for her and get her head on straight and only then go to KH. I hope that KH is not tricked into going back to crazy either. 

I am really enjoying this drama. I have watched a few Taiwanese dramas through the years but I have not been this hooked since "Love Now". I come here daily hoping for a update or a translation because without the subs I don't understand a word. I have watched each episode two or three times. I usually watch as soon as it is put up on VIKI without subs and watch again when it is at least 50%  than again on Thursday to get me ready for the new episode on Friday. All along I thought we would get a sex scene in episode 10 but now I'm not sure. I'm starting to think it won't come until the last episode after they sort everything out. I am enjoying the way the story is evolving.  Can't wait for Friday

20 hours ago, soulnooona said:

I am really enjoying this drama. I have watched a few Taiwanese dramas through the years but I have not been this hooked since "Love Now". I come here daily hoping for a update or a translation because without the subs I don't understand a word. I have watched each episode two or three times. I usually watch as soon as it is put up on VIKI without subs and watch again when it is at least 50%  than again on Thursday to get me ready for the new episode on Friday. All along I thought we would get a sex scene in episode 10 but now I'm not sure. I'm starting to think it won't come until the last episode after they sort everything out. I am enjoying the way the story is evolving.  Can't wait for Friday

Yes! I am the same way for this drama. I watch each episode raw, then I usually watch it partially subbed and then I watch it again once the subs have been edited and the episode is released for other languages. I am also going to all the forums every day to read everyone's thoughts and see any video clips, etc.  As to sex scene: I think you are correct and we will not see one until almost the end of the drama.  Actually, I am wondering now where the story will go since we have 4 episodes left. If the preview is correct and Wei Wei break up with Hao Yi for good in Ep. 10, then that leave 3 more episodes for WW and CKH to get together.  I worry that is enough time for WW & CKH to be a couple but then also break up and we have a sad ending-no! (I don't want a sad ending, but I am afraid it will happen) I think timeline might be: Ep. 10 WW & 321 break up,  Ep. 11 WW finally accept CKH and agree to date,  Ep. 12 WW & CKH have dating life & maybe go to a resort for intimate weekend where we have sex scene,  Ep. 13 Something happens and WW & CKH break up and go separate ways :(

We will just have to see what happens, but I hope is not a sad ending. I like how drama takes the time to show that CKH & WW actually like each other as people-it's not just a sexual attraction (although the sexual tension is very high). So I think that WW & CKH seem really good together as life partners, not just a quick affair that nothing left after the passion has burned out. I'll be sad if  they break up for good. 

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yes! I am the same way for this drama. I watch each episode raw, then I usually watch it partially subbed and then I watch it again once the subs have been edited and the episode is released for other languages. I am also going to all the forums every day to read everyone's thoughts and see any video clips, etc.  As to sex scene: I think you are correct and we will not see one until almost the end of the drama.  Actually, I am wondering now where the story will go since we have 4 episodes left. If the preview is correct and Wei Wei break up with Hao Yi for good in Ep. 10, then that leave 3 more episodes for WW and CKH to get together.  I worry that is enough time for WW & CKH to be a couple but then also break up and we have a sad ending-no! (I don't want a sad ending, but I am afraid it will happen) I think timeline might be: Ep. 10 WW & 321 break up,  Ep. 11 WW finally accept CKH and agree to date,  Ep. 12 WW & CKH have dating life & maybe go to a resort for intimate wekend where we have sex scene,  Ep. 13 Something happens and WW & CKH break up and go separate ways :(

We will just have to see what happens, but I hope is not a sad ending. I like how drama takes the time to show that CKH & WW actually like each other as people-it's not just a sexual attraction (although the sexual tension is very high). So I think that WW & CKH seem really good together as life partners, not just a quick affair that nothing left after the passion has burned out. I'll be sad if  they break up for good. 

I agree with you on the time line.  I don't really want a breakup but it might be necessary. If there is a breakup Hopefully the ending will be them meeting each other after some time and getting together again.

1 hour ago, soulnooona said:

I agree with you on the time line.  I don't really want a breakup but it might be necessary. If there is a breakup Hopefully the ending will be them meeting each other after some time and getting together again.

Yes. I hope the drama have them together at the end for sure. Please no sad ending! I've been burned before:

Spoiler

Cheese in the Trap drama 

1 hour ago, Table122000 said:

Yes. I hope the drama have them together at the end for sure. Please no sad ending! I've been burned before:

Hide contents

Cheese in the Trap drama 

haha, I remember the outrage from that drama, I still don't know what the director was thinking when the drama went for that sudden change

I am curious to see what impact both WW and KH's ex's will end up playing in the last 4 episodes. We know KH's ex is still obsessed over the break up, but what is 321 going to do 

Archived