[Taiwanese Drama 2019] Before We Get Married 我們不能是朋友

0ly40

The author says the book is not available in English and I don't know if anyone has taken the time to translate it for the online fans.

“makes me appreciate KH's growth is that once he realized his feelings for WW were evolving into actual love and affection, he stepped back, which made me value and love his office confrontation with HY all the more. KH is in love with WW and he respects her, will stay by her side,  and protect her. 

You made me think about something I’ve previously wondered. When did Kehuan fall in love with Weiwei? Or maybe realize it was love and not just intense attraction.

In the office confrontation with 321, WW said she’d loved KH since their picnic date. Do you think it was the same for him? He said on that trip if he could be her man, he’d cherish her forever. I think I missed it at the time because it was followed by him yelling at her in the tent about making “sacrifices” for your partner. 

I guess I’m wondering if others have a different opinion. He was so full-on aggressive in pursuing her from the start.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dramaninja said:

Something I like to know why do yall call him 321? I dont follow the drama much yet lol

I read that it’s like a pun/joke because the character of his name looks similar to the numbers. I’m sure someone else can explain it better or more accurately.

@JenL

Thanks so much for posting the fan meet video and for your blog posts! I remember reading your blog back when I watched 喜欢一个人, and I’m thankful for the time you take to translate! Still working on my Chinese, so I only understand about fifty percent of what’s being said. After watching their video interactions in this and other videos, I definitely don’t get Qing ren/lover type feelings from them, just two good friends who enjoy each other’s company’s and like to joke around. I get the sense that Jasper really respects Puff and that Puff is super serious about her acting craft and a control freak who is not as goofy as Jasper is naturally. Puff also smooths her hair down and back a lot in this video and in the show as well...esp her bangs and side hair.

@klgirl

Thanks for posting the ep 12 cuts! Looks like someone already translated them after you posted. I love Jessica’s wink at WW in the clip!

@cheekychipmunk_stv

i thought that DW was asking if KeHuan and KeFei have slept together bc he is interested in KeFei. They were like, are you dense?! I think DW thinks WW & KH have done something together based on their trip to YiLan.

@dramaninja

i think it’s a play on words because LiHaoYi sounds like SanErYi, which also emphasizes that his name is not important enough to even make note of or use.  Like putting someone down or saying “Whatever”?

Just finished the episode, 321 was I, I, I, I, I, all about him! :lol:  Him and GY are perfect for each other. 

He really showed his true personality in that episode. Looking forward to the last two episodes. 

I like that the ep 12 cuts show Ke Huan in his badass boss mode.  He shut down Gao Zi Yuan and 321 shenanigans with his typical CEO skill.  Loved it and looking forward to more of him putting them in their places.

I’ve followed Jasper for awhile now.  I have a shortlist of Taiwanese drama actors that I watch without question.  Marcus Chang, Danson Tang, Vic Zhou to name a few.  Jasper has matured tremendously since his other drama with Puff.  In that one, he looked and acted boyish.  Here, good grief, the last thing he can be called is a boy.  Proud of Jasper.  He’s smoothed out the rough edges of his acting skills and come into his own.

haven't watched some of the episodes as I didn't have time. so can someone explain what happened to keuhan's assistant after he got fired? is he no longer with keifei? she seems to be flirting with daiwei now? so is the assistant no longer pursuing keifei?

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

haven't watched some of the episodes as I didn't have time. so can someone explain what happened to keuhan's assistant after he got fired? is he no longer with keifei? she seems to be flirting with daiwei now? so is the assistant no longer pursuing keifei?

I think after the firing we never heard back from him. I am still curious to know why his assistant was always trying to get kh and gy back together...

@aw614 Yes, I’m wondering if they’ll wrap up the loose ends of why BaiYang was such a ZiYuan fan and why ZiYuan told KeHuan she got an abortion. Back in an earlier episode when arguing with KeHuan, she seemed to imply that things were different than what she said...that she was either never pregnant...or maybe it wasn’t KeHuans kid? What if it was with BaiYang?? Hahaha, crazy idea.

@SlyphykougnI agree. I loved him in Behind Your Smile.  Between was a mess.  I felt bad for him and Sam Lin.  One of those dramas that you wonder what kind of crack the writer was smoking towards the end.

I’m hoping that Before We Get Married will have a good ending and won’t traumatize me.

5 hours ago, Slyphykougn said:

@aw614 Yes, I’m wondering if they’ll wrap up the loose ends of why BaiYang was such a ZiYuan fan and why ZiYuan told KeHuan she got an abortion. Back in an earlier episode when arguing with KeHuan, she seemed to imply that things were different than what she said...that she was either never pregnant...or maybe it wasn’t KeHuans kid? What if it was with BaiYang?? Hahaha, crazy idea.

How nice if that was true but predictably, they are going to say she was really ill and needed treatment so they had to abort the child.....blah, blah.  I’ve never understood why in that case, you NEVER inform the father of your child and make such a decision together.....OR

She was never pregnant just very, very sick at the hospital and she hid it from him and he misunderstood her?  Perhaps she didn’t want to distract him from her career, excuse me, His career path up the ranks.....it would follow along with how obsessive she has been with his work.

A Birthday Post for Jasper and the new single he released today, marking his debut as a solo singer: https://thesedramaticdays.blogspot.com/2019/08/happy-birthday-jasper-liu-single-mv-for.html

@aggiesbaby Haha, I know HY's narcissism was weird. But I guess that's how narcissists are - they don't have to be good-looking or important or smart, they just think they are! It probably comes from a place of inferiority - they go around blaming and gaslighting everyone else so they can look good (and therefore feel good about themselves). ZY's grovelling was pretty pathetic too, but that didn't irritate me as much as ZY and WW's confrontation. Those slaps were unfair! I'm totally looking forward to the Puff and Jasper hotness on screen, but also really sad that all their promos are ending soon (especially coming late into the drama this time :( )

@dramaninja & @Dezzys Yep, HY's nickname is 321 because the characters just sound like those numbers in Chinese. 

@Slyphykougn Thanks for reading my blog! And from back in the day with Pleasantly Surprised! -  I'm grateful for readers like you who enjoy the resources! Haha, don't worry, my Chinese is so-so, but I understand the spoken language well and practice the characters by translating...so it's a fun way to keep my Chinese up to date! While I adore Puff and Jasper and will always fan girl about them being together, I actually prefer them sharing a strong friendship over them getting into a relationship...it would stress me out so much if that happened and then they broke up! (This happened with my Weightlifting Fairy couple: Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk. So sad) Also recently the Song-Song couple killed their shipper fans with their divorce. I believe Puff and Jasper have a really great friendship that can be at times flirty and playful, but also supportive, silly, serious, fun, comfortable and caring...they don't feel nervous or pretend in front of each other. There have been been a few interviews where Jasper has been asked who his favourite/best female co-star is and he often names Puff for protecting him and helping him get out of his shell when he started getting famous. He also says that she understands his weirdness the most out of everyone he's worked with (which I think is true when you watch all their behind the scenes videos.) Haha, I think Puff can be as goofy as Jasper is, but in terms of relationship preferences, Jasper has mentioned that he would like to date outside the industry for privacy....And on the same off note - I also really like Marcus Chang! Back to 1989 was one of my favourite dramas! Behind Your Smile was ok too, but the female lead really annoyed me for multiple reasons. 

@aw614 There are a lot of messy loose ends with the assistant guy and it would be interesting to see why he tried to get them together all the time. I thought aside story was going to develop with him secretly working for ZY.

@klgirl Between was soooo bad that I stopped watching after 2 episodes, even though I really liked both the actors in the series. I don't know why they have to write such terrible heroine roles sometimes. It's embarrassing. I'm glad you follow Jasper too! His first drama with Puff he was less experienced in his acting and has improved dramatically - but don't think he could help looking boyish- the character's costume choice was by the TV station/ costume designers. I love his character Ah Jie, but the hair cut and floral shorts were not flattering. But yes, his acting as a serious lover/badass has improve dramatically!

I finally caught up to last week’s episodes.. Jamming through the last 3 episodes was intense!!! 

I definitely am happy about Weiwei’s development as a character... she really is showing that she is changing but like she said... she doesn’t know if she likes it either.

Kehuan is definitely my favorite character of the series - he just says the right things and does the right things. 

I did not expect kefei and Dewai to be a thing? Are they a thing? Are they attracted to each other... I can’t actually tell... 

321 is really getting on my nerves and I want him to realize that everything he is doing is and was just for himself. weiwei was just someone that didn’t question it at all at the time. Mazai is definitely trying to get with him... but I think after she realizes how he is.... she would also leave him..

only two more episodes to go... I cant wait to see what happens.

A short clip from Ep. 13.  Take note of their clothes.  They are both wearing the same ones that will precede their epic make out from the opening song of the drama....ahem.  Also anyone notice that today’s episode had Dawei  and Ke Fei scenes that were actually also from the opening song as well.  How many of you went....awww shucks, that was Ke Fei and Dawei??

Thanks to everyone for the Ep. 13 preview clips. Today's episode 12 felt more like filler, but I need to watch with subs.  God in heaven above! The second leads are driving me crazy! And from the Ep. 13 preview, it's going to continue to the very end!  First, 321 tries to force himself on WW and then  321 kidnaps WW? Really? So much for hoping the final episode could just totally focus on developing the main leads relationship. It's a shame because I feel the drama works best when it focuses on the 2 main leads. Jasper and Puff just have so much acting chemistry together.  On the plus side, we will get to see that other love scene between CKH & WW from the opening credits. And maybe a wedding for WW & CKH (please don't be a dream !)

The preview of Ep. 13 suggests that KH gave up his career to save WW from crazed 321.  321 was all kinds of mad - he even humiliates WW in front of his Dad today, forcing her to tell him the real reason for their breakup, that she slept with another man in their home.  Ouch, WW’s lies came back to haunt her.  321 cried like a broken little boy.  I would have had some sympathy for him but he still refuses to admit that he holds a good deal of the blame for their relationship breakdown. 

Gao Ziyuan and Kehuan - she’s upset and angry that he is stubbornly supporting WW after she tried to have her removed from the project.  She’s afraid that the upper management will hear of his scandal with WW which everyone is talking about and he may not be able to keep his CEO position.  She’s afraid that all his hard work will go to waste.

KH is definitely not afraid to stand up for his woman even if it means that he loses his position.....bravo!  I guess it’s a foreshadowing for next week’s episode when he abandons the presentation/opening to rescue WW.  I don’t think that will go down well with upper management.

Archived