[Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵

0ly40

• 3 weeks later...

Kim Ji Suk Shares Photo With Gong Hyo Jin From Set Of New Romance Drama

Aug 12, 2019
by S. Park

Kim Ji Suk gave fans a peek at his upcoming drama with Gong Hyo Jin!

On August 11, the actor posted a photo of him and his co-star Gong Hyo Jin on the set of KBS 2TV’s upcoming series “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title).

He wrote in the caption, “I finally shot it! With actress Gong [Hyo Jin].” He also added the title of the drama as a hashtag.

“When the Camellia Blooms” is an upcoming romance drama about the realistic, passionate love stories of three couples. The cast includes Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Ji Suk, Kang Ha NeulOh Jung SeYeom Hye Ran, Ji Yi Soo, Son Dam Bi, and Lee Sang Yi.

The series is currently scheduled to premiere sometime in September.

Source https://www.soompi.com/article/1344826wpp/kim-ji-suk-shares-photo-with-gong-hyo-jin-from-set-of-new-romance-drama

https://www.soompi.com/article/1345682wpp/upcoming-drama-led-by-gong-hyo-jin-and-kang-ha-neul-shares-photos-from-script-reading

The upcoming KBS 2TV Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has shared photos from the cast coming together for their script reading.

“When the Camellia Blooms” will be a romance drama about the realistic, passionate love stories of three couples. The new photos are from the script reading that took place in May, which was attended by director Cha Young Hoon, screenwriter Im Sang Choon, and leading actors Gong Hyo JinKang Ha NeulKim Ji SukOh Jung Se, Uhm Hye Ran, Son Dam Bi, Ji Yi Soo, Kim Kang Hoon, and Go Doo Shim. They were also joined by a stellar supporting cast including Jeon Bae Soo, Kim Sun Young, Kim Mi Hwa, Lee Sun Hee, Lee Sang Yi, Lee Kyu Sung, Kwon Oh Joon, Park Yeon Woo, and Kim Mo Ah.

Spoiler

When-The-Camellia-Blooms.jpg

Gong Hyo Jin is returning as the queen of romantic comedy. She will take on the role of the lovely Dong Baek, who has never been truly loved before but who anyone would fall for once they get to know her. Kang Ha Neul will work alongside her as Hwang Yong Shik, a man who is innocent and simple, but once he finds someone he’s interested in, he doesn’t hold back.

Joining them is Kim Ji Suk playing star baseball player Kang Jong Ryul and his wife and social media influencer Jessica, who is played by Ji Yi Soo. Oh Jung Se will play optician Noh Gyu Tae and Uhm Hye Ran will be his wife and lawyer Hong Ja Young. Son Dam Bi will take on the role of Hyang Mi, a part-time worker who is employed by Dong Baek and brings energy to those around her.

The actors expressed their excitement as they got into their characters in the script reading. Gong Hyo Jin said, “The parts that were funny on paper were just as funny acted out, and even unexpected lines made us laugh. The script is really funny.” She confidently added, “I think this will be a drama that gives warmth to people who watch.”

Director Cha Young Hoon said, “I will work hard to make sure that ‘When the Camellia Blooms’ will be the kind of drama that makes you want to give your mom a call, reminds you of an old love, and fills viewers with many emotions.”

“When the Camellia Blooms” will premiere in September.

———-

@joonminfan If time permits , can I trouble you to translate the article written in Chinese here. TQ . 

Spoiler

KHN cut 

Edited by Guest

I'm happy having Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul back on the small screen. I couldn’t really picture them together but thanks to the bts pic I can kinda see now what the vibe will be. Their chemistry seems good.

Now I'm looking forward for this drama even more!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lu09 said:

Thank god, no love triangle:rolleyes::sweatingbullets:.

Haha . I really hope not . But you can’t fully trust these k dramas right  ? :lol:

———

Just happy to see Kim Ji Suk & Kang Ha Neul  again . Also like the cast in general having seen them all in different dramas.  The full Script reading 

@triplem the Chinese article is more or less similar to the Soompi article you posted above. They did mention that the good chemistry between the cast members was very obvious in the videos on Naver. Sorry for not being able to do the translation properly. I'm just finding pockets of time in between other stuff to come here and cheer myself up! So looking forward to this drama! Counting down to 18 Sept! :wub:

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Gong Hyo Jin & Kang Ha Neul - Premieres on September 18th

GJH posted . Very happy that she’s actively promoting this as well 

Official videos by KBS on their IG account 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Gong Hyo Jin Is Radiant In First Stills For Upcoming Drama With Kang Ha Neul

Gong Hyo Jin Is Radiant In First Stills For Upcoming Drama With Kang Ha Neul

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has shared first stills of leading actress Gong Hyo Jin.

“When the Camellia Blooms” will tell the stories of three couples in different stages of their love lives. The main characters will be Dong Baek (played by Gong Hyo Jin) and Yong Shik (played by Kang Ha Neul), who believe anything is possible with love while everyone around them no longer believe in the power of love.

The new stills show Dong Baek in the town of Ongsan, a place where three generations of families have lived with no one leaving or moving in. That’s why Dong Baek’s appearance is the talk of the town as they aren’t used to seeing a new face, and her beauty especially draws people in. Dong Baek has a pair of cotton work gloves stuffed in her back pocket and has comfortable clothing on as she kneels in front of moving boxes.

Dong Baek has never been truly loved before in her life, but she knows how to wholeheartedly give love to others and is someone you can’t help but love if you just take a closer look. Gong Hyo Jin will bring her signature “Gong-vely” charms to create a character who is beautiful and strong, both inside and out.

“When the Camellia Blooms” will bring “Fight My Way” screenwriter Im Sang Choon and “Uncontrollably Fond” and “Are You Human, Too?” producing director (PD) Cha Young Hoon together for the first time in three years since “Baek Hee Has Returned.” The drama will be the follow-up to “Justice” and will premiere on September 18 at 10 p.m. KST.

Kang Ha Neul Shows Contrasting Charms In First Stills For Upcoming Drama With Gong Hyo Jin

Kang Ha Neul Shows Contrasting Charms In First Stills For Upcoming Drama With Gong Hyo Jin

Following first stills of Gong Hyo Jin, KBS 2TV’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has shared its first look at lead actor Kang Ha Neul!

“When the Camellia Blooms” will tell the love story between Dong Baek (played by Gong Hyo Jin) and Hwang Yong Shik (played by Kang Ha Neul). While the two of them are ready to face the world with the mindset “All we need is love!” everyone around them is saying, “Love isn’t everything.”

Kang Ha Neul will play Hwang Yong Shik, who works as a policeman in the countryside town of Ongsan. Though he can be simple-hearted at times, he has contrasting charms as quite a sexy person when he wants to be.

The new stills show both sides of him as one photo shows him with a warm smile on his face while the other shows him looking brave and solemn in his police uniform. He’s the type of person who, once he has something or someone on his mind, he is very honest with his emotions and runs head-on to attain his goals.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

gong-hyo-jin3.jpg

Gong Hyo Jin Is A Lovable Shopkeeper In Poster For Upcoming KBS Rom-Com

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has released a poster of Gong Hyo Jin ahead of its premiere!

“When the Camellia Blooms” is a new series that will tell the stories of three couples in different stages of love. Dong Baek (played by Gong Hyo Jin) and Yong Shik (played by Kang Ha Neul) believe anything is possible with love, while people around them scoff at their belief in the power of love.

In the poster released on June 26, Dong Baek is leaning against the wall with a loving smile. Behind her is her shop Camellia, and the string lights make her glow.

But the world Dong Baek lives in is not very bright. Prejudice against her is higher than the wall around her store. Therefore, no one would easily expect that Dong Baek is a happy person who tries to lead a life of her own and that she can give love even if she has never been loved properly.

The only person who truly knows her is Yong Shik, who is just like the camellia, which means “I love you only.” Like a confessing machine, he always tells her, “You’re great! You’re the best! Great job!” But showering her with love is like trying to make a wild Camellia flower that’s growing out of a wall bloom. Will he be able to make that miracle happen?

“When the Camellia Blooms” premieres on September 18 at 10 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Justice.” 

• Like 6