[Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵

0ly40

KBS Drama

When the Camellia Blooms

1567751671025_215759.jpg

Network: KBS

Episodes: 32 (2-back-to-back episode a 35 minutes)

Genre: romance, comedy

Airdate: September 18th to November 21th, 2019 -

Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Director: Kim Hee Yeol

Writer: Im Sang Chun

Story:

The drama is a romantic thriller comedy about the realistic and passionate love of three couples. The drama will follow the story of a woman named Dong Baek and how her life is tangled up with a good man, a bad man, and a cheap man. Kang Ha Neul will play Yong Shik, a neighborhood policeman who is in love with Dong Baek. 

Cast:

Gong Hyo Jin as Dong Baek

1567731946430_215258.jpg

Kang Ha Neul as Hwang Yong Shik

1567731946553_215270.jpg

Kim Ji Suk as Kim Jong Ryul

1567731946694_215292.jpg

Ji E Su as Jessica

1567731946805_215316.jpg

Oh Jung Se as Noh Kyu Tae

1567731946961_215338.jpg

Yeom Hye Ran as Hong Ja Young

1567731947083_215350.jpg

Son Dam Bi as Hyang Mi

1567731947192_215372.jpg

Kim Kang Hoon as Pil Goo

1567731947294_215394.jpg

Character Chart:

1567755042441_215806.jpg

Other Posters:

Spoiler

20190826182718_5d63a5f6242a2_1.jpg

1567751671439_215782.jpg

OST

Spoiler

Teaser:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Gong Hyo Jin Is Considering Role In Upcoming Drama

Gong Hyo Jin may be returning to the world of dramas soon!

On September 12, a source from her agency Management SOOP stated, “Gong Hyo Jin received an offer to appear in the new KBS 2TV drama ‘When the Camellia Blooms’ [literal title] and is currently reviewing it.”

The drama was written by Im Sang Choon, who penned last year’s hit “Fight My Way,” and it’s described as a romance, thriller, and comedy all rolled into one.

Gong Hyo Jin has been offered the role of protagonist Dong Baek, which means camellia. She is an orphan and single mother, and runs a bar named Camellia. The drama will follow her story and show how her life is tangled up with a good man, a bad man, and a cheap man. Dong Baek is described as a character who is warm and knows how to show love for others.

If Gong Hyo Jin decides to take on the role, it will be her first time acting in a a drama since “Don’t Dare to Dream (Jealousy Incarnate)” in 2016.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1230051wpp/gong-hyo-jin-considering-role-upcoming-drama

Kim Ji Suk In Talks For New Romance Drama Alongside Gong Hyo Jin And Kang Ha Neul

TV/

Kim Ji Suk In Talks For New Romance Drama Alongside Gong Hyo Jin And Kang Ha Neul

Kim Ji Suk may be appearing in a new KBS drama!

On April 19, the actor’s agency J Star Entertainment stated, “Kim Ji Suk has been offered a role in KBS 2TV’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘When the Camellia Blooms’ (literal title). He is currently reviewing the offer. Nothing has been confirmed yet.”

“When the Camellia Blooms” is a romantic thriller comedy about the realistic, passionate love between three couples. The drama will follow the story of a woman named Dong Baek and show how her life is tangled up with a good man, a bad man, and a cheap man.

The drama will be written by Im Sang Choon, who previously created “Fight My Way,” and directed by Cha Young Hoon of “Are You Human, Too?” and “Uncontrollably Fond.” If Kim Ji Suk accepts, he will reunite with director Im Sang Choon.

Gong Hyo Jin is currently in talks to play the protagonist Dong Baek, and Kang Ha Neul has been offered a role in the drama as well.

“When the Camellia Blooms” is currently in the stages of casting actors and is set to begin filming in late May or early June. It is scheduled to air in the second half of 2019, with plans for a September premiere.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1318674wpp/kim-ji-suk-in-talks-for-new-romance-drama-alongside-gong-hyo-jin-and-kang-ha-neul

• Like 5

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵 - Kang Ha Neul - Premieres second half
  • 2 weeks later...

Camellia

Gong Hyo Jin Is Considering Role In Upcoming Drama

Good Man / Kang Ha Neul

z1q16c12k3h96bh68u7q.jpg

Bad Man / Kim Ji Seok

p14m2a63fgg940eopzl1.jpg

Petty Man / Oh Jung Se

Spoiler

0mvo4rqz26avd1530hob.jpg

The bad man (kim ji seok) wife / Ji E Suu

Spoiler

ì§ì´ì/ OSEN DB

Edited by triplem
4th image onwards to go into spoiler. thanks
  • Like 5

Here for the bad man :joy: 

Fan spotted some filming going on -KJS & GJH

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Guest

Kang Ha Neul Keeps His Promise By Appearing For Post-Military Interview On âEntertainment Weeklyâ

Kang Ha Neul’s first acting project after his discharge will be the KBS drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title). He said, “I love projects with good scripts. The script was so good that I had no choice but to accept. I think that I am similar to my character in that I don’t hide it when I like someone.”

He added in another part of the interview, “As long as the script is good, I would try any kind of role. I think it would be fun to try a realistic project in which there’s ambiguity between good and evil.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1332153wpp/kang-ha-neul-keeps-his-promise-by-appearing-for-post-military-interview-on-entertainment-weekly

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵 - Kang Ha Neul - Premieres in September 2019

The funny thing is I like all the 3 actors that will play the 3 men - mr Good , mr Bad & Mr Mean :lol:

some BTS photos

• 2 weeks later...

Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul cast in upcoming KBS drama

'When The Camellia Blooms'

kang-haneul-gong-hyojinjpg.jpg

Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul have been cast in a new drama!

'When The Camellia Blooms' is an upcoming KBS rom-com drama that follows a naive but strong-willed woman named Dong Baek, played by Gong Hyo Jin, as she navigates relationships with three different men. One such man is Kang Ha Neul's character Hwang Yong Sik, Dong Baek's manly, sexy love interest that often softens her up with various complements and sweet words.

The drama will be Kang Ha Neul's very first drama project after completing his two years of military service. The actor was officially discharged last May.

Meanwhile, 'When The Camellia Blooms' was written by 'Fight My Way' screenwriter Im Sang Chun and will be directed by 'Uncontrollably Fond' director Cha Young Hoon. The drama is slated to begin airing in September.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Kim Ji Suk Confirmed To Join Gong Hyo Jin And Kang Ha Neul In Upcoming Drama

by J. Lim
4665ee2f2a2c4c93ad4a661a66ea7c50.jpeg?s=

Kim Ji Suk has confirmed his appearance in an upcoming drama with Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul after previously announcing that he was in talks!

The drama he is set to appear in is KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title), which will be a romantic thriller comedy about the love between three couples. It will center around the story of a woman named Dong Baek (played by Gong Hyo Jin) and shows how her love life is tied to a good man, a bad man, and a cheap man.

Kim Ji Suk will take on the role of Kang Jong Ryul, Dong Baek’s first love and a star baseball player who almost made it to the major leagues. He currently appears in a childcare variety show as a doting father to his daughter, and his wife is a social media influencer. Although they appear to be perfect on the outside, once cameras turn off and all pictures are uploaded, the couple barely speak to each other. They are “#Relationship Goals” in the virtual world but are basically strangers in real life. Jong Ryul was inexperienced in love when Dong Baek met him at the age of 23, but 33-year-old Jong Ryul is different now. He appears flashy on the outside, but he’s timid and relatable when you take a closer look.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1337698wpp/kim-ji-suk-confirmed-to-join-gong-hyo-jin-and-kang-ha-neul-in-upcoming-drama

The cast is shaping quite well. I like the cast and the characters seam interesting. I keep my eye on this project.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I'll always give Gong Hyo Jim dramas a try because she has not disappointed me as yet. Even when the writing is basic, her work is interesting.

Since the handsome good man is the obvious choice, I'm hoping the less handsome petty/stingy guy wins. Lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1