Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵

Love Triangle Between Kang Ha Neul, Gong Hyo Jin, And Kim Ji Suk Is Hinted In New Rom-Com Drama Poster

Sep 7, 2019

5ba579f623144817bba0790f73ae7a17.jpeg?s=

A new poster for the upcoming KBS drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has been unveiled!

KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Camellia Blooms,” which is set to premiere on September 18, will tell the stories of three couples in different stages of love. Moreover, the drama will focus on the romance that blossoms between Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin), a woman who is trapped in a certain perception about love, and Yong Shik (Kang Ha Neul), who shows undying support and love for her.

In the poster that was newly released on September 7, Kang Ha Neul and Gong Hyo Jin gear up to go on a date on a bike. What could have been a romantic date is ruined when the couple sees that the bike is missing its rear tire. Standing in front of the couple is the jealous Kim Ji Suk with the missing tire, as he holds up his finger over his mouth to ask viewers to keep it a secret. Kang Ha Neul stares at Kim Ji Suk in disapproval.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1350838wpp/love-triangle-between-kang-ha-neul-gong-hyo-jin-and-kim-ji-suk-is-hinted-in-new-rom-com-drama-poster

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I love the trailers and @dulcinea1 that “couple” promo is the cutest!!!

Kang Ha Neul and Kim Ji Suk have great comedic timing.  I prefer them in these kind of roles.

Will be watching this one :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Watch: Gong Hyo Jin And Kang Ha Neul Giggle Through Interview As A Couple For New Drama

Sep 8, 2019
by J. Lim

6093df7c7030414480001ecfb85a6243.jpeg?s=

KBS’s upcoming drama “When The Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has released fun new teasers leading up to the show’s premiere!

The new drama will be a romantic comedy following the lives of three couples in different stages of love. Dong Baek (played by Gong Hyo Jin) and Yong Shik (played by Kang Ha Neul) are two people who believe that anything is possible in a world where everyone says love can only get you so far.

The new teaser is a parody of the show “Same Bed, Different Dreams,” which invites celebrity couples to open their lives up to viewers. In a similar fashion, Dong Baek and Yong Shik are interviewed together, and Yong Shik is asked what he likes about Dong Baek, to which he replies, “She’s such a cool, independent person, she’s pretty, and all I can think about is Dong Baek.” She shyly responds, “But I didn’t do anything.”

When she asks, “But isn’t this something only couples do?” Yong Shik can’t hold back his smile and giggles as he imagines him and Dong Baek starting a relationship and becoming a couple. He says, “I think that’s what we’re going to become,” and the mere thought of it makes him giddy.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1351013wpp/watch-gong-hyo-jin-and-kang-ha-neul-giggle-through-interview-as-a-couple-for-new-drama

• Like 5
  • Love 3

The relationship chart translated in English 

Can I just say that Kang Ha Neul is so darn adorable? He cracks me up 

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

O gosh, I am loving KNH’s character already... :lol:

Btw, anyone knows why is there an animal icon next to each of the character? On the chart...

• Like 5
  • Love 2

My poor oppa KJS, he really feels like the third wheel even in this BTS video of the poster making . :joy: I look forward to his character growth here . I know he turned down other lead roles for this drama even though he’s second lead so to speak because he says the drama & script is really good . So in oppa’s judgement I trust , lol!

@ktcjdrama it’s so nice to see this dorky side of KHN

Subbed ! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I got so excited after watching the trailer on Netflix that I had to come here looking for the thread. I love Gong Hyo-jin! She is my most favourite actress. She never fails to impress with her diverse characterizations. I really admire her for taking up projects that deal with some really different, difficult and challenging issues in the society. She is so effortless in each of her characters! How does she do that every single time?

When the Camellia Blooms seems interesting and after a long lull I find myself excited about a show. The trailer was so heartwarming. I think it's Gong Hyo-jin really who makes her characters so appealing, relatable so much so that you not only end up falling in love with them but they also leave such an indelible mark on you.

I am biased towards 'ThankYou' because it has my favourite Jang Hyuk, but nevertheless the Gong Hyo-jin portrayla of a single unwed mother with a child battling aids has truly left an indelible mark on me. I have enjoyed her other shows too be it Pasta, It's Okay, That's Love, The Greatest Love , Master's Sun and Don't Dare to Dream..... 

How come she gets paired against such good looking and charismatic men in all her shows? :o:D

Apologies for this long rant/ fan-girl post! :love: Hoping to interact with all the other followers of the show and discuss, rant and rave as the show progresses!

• Like 6
  • Love 4

@chibiusa  The poster is adorable.  My kind of drama. HAHA, each person has a number tag just like a crime scene.:lol:  I haven't seen Son Dambi acting in a while, the person who always deliver is Yeom Hye-ran.  She excels at the tongue-in-cheek sidebars in the last drama I saw her in.

@triplem Men who do yoga are real men I tell you LOL.   Poor Kim Ji Seok, :lol: Looks like they have so much fun.  I like when drama do things light handed ~~ life is no melo like Kdrama. Though I expect this one will be a healing warm hearted one.  Anticipate! Psst, KHN is my ideal man hahaha . I wonder when was the last time I see him outside of a police uniform.

@confusedheart326  OMG, someone who watched Thank You! Thank You! That drama made me a mess.  That was my first time watching JH and GHJ.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

Gong Hyo Jin, Kang Ha Neul, And More Get Ready To Face Love In New Poster For Upcoming Rom-Com

Sep 10, 2019
by S. Nam

7847ffb09ad7449c9d0538391b1e9a69.jpeg?s=

KBS2’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has released a new poster of all the main leads!

“When the Camellia Blooms” will tell the stories of three couples in different stages of love. Moreover, the drama will focus on the romance that blossoms between Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin) who is trapped in a certain perception about love and Yong Shik (Kang Ha Neul) who shows undying support and love for her.

Along with Dong Baek and Yong Shik, the poster also features the “celebrity couple” Kang Jong Ryul (Kim Ji Suk) and his wife and social media influencer Jessica (Ji Yi Soo). Furthermore, optician Noh Gyu Tae (Oh Jung Se) and his wife, lawyer Hong Ja Young (Uhm Hye Ran), can also be spotted in the poster. With the store “Camellia” in the background, the poster also includes part-time worker Hyang Mi (Son Dam Bi) and introduces Dong Baek’s son Pil Goo (Kim Kang Hoon) for the first time.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1351453wpp/gong-hyo-jin-kang-ha-neul-and-more-get-ready-to-face-love-in-new-poster-for-upcoming-rom-com

Kang Haneul becomes shy for Gong Hyo-jin in new promo for When Camellia Blooms

by tccolb

camposter2.jpg

New posters and a video teaser has been released for KBS rom-com When Camellia Blooms featuring lead actors Gong Hyo-jin (Jealousy Incarnate), Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart), and Kim Ji-suk (Top Star Yoo Baek).

Gong Hyo-jin plays the titular character, Dong-baek, whose name in English translates to camellia (the flower). She’s a single mom and restaurant owner, and has had her share of bad turns in life and love when she meets Kang Haneul’s character. A local police officer by the name of Hwang Yong-shik, he is a pure soul when it comes to love and he pursues her with the simple conviction that all you need is love. Despite everyone around them reasoning that love isn’t all that it’s cut out to be, Gong is moved by Kang’s sincerity and the two begin a romance.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/kang-haneul-becomes-shy-for-gong-hyo-jin-in-new-promo-for-when-camellia-blooms/

• Like 8
  • Love 2

@bedifferent Hello dear ! Yay , let’s enjoy this together

———

New stills for the married couple . Seems like trouble in “paradise”

GHJ updates her ig 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also updates on when Netflix will show the eps

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

@bedifferent: OMG! This is really unbelievable! I can't believe that I finally found someone who is a big fan of 'Thank You'. I have watched and re-watched it countless times. I can't get over it. I love the soundtrack. I wish it was available somewhere. 

'Thank You' and 'Fated to Love You' remain my most favourite dramas of all times. (So, it's no surprise that I love Jang Hyuk! He's super cute and sexy. He's like wine that gets better with age. (#shamelessfangirling):love:  These two dramas are real stress busters for me.   I haven't come across a drama that has affected me this deeply. So I can relate to being in a 'mess'.

GHJ has a knack of selecting great dramas. And did I mention she's super pretty? :wub:This drama too seems extremely promising. The promos seems to be heartwarming.   GHJ has excellent chemistry with no just her male costars but what I find most wonderful is her rapport with child artists. This was most evident in 'Thank You'.  Then it was in the drama 'Greatest Love' , though the opportunities and scenes weren't as many as in 'Thank You'. GHJ was so realistic as the single unwed mom struggling to fight against social prejudices. Recalling her struggles  brings tears into my eyes. :tears: I think everyone did a fabulous job in that drama. A special shout out to the Grandfather who was simply adorable.

• Like 7
  • Love 2