[Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵

0ly40

Wow, that list of top 10 best dramas seems to be my list of favorite dramas.

The dramas are all well-known internationally, so I guess almost all the dramas listed above are in everybody's favorite list. :P

Except for Secret Garden and Sky Castle, both of which I never got around watching, the rest are dramas that I really like very much. Four of the dramas are even in my rewatch list:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

50 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

Wow, that list of top 10 best dramas seems to be my list of favorite dramas.

The dramas are all well-known internationally, so I guess almost all the dramas listed above are in everybody's favorite list. :P

Except for Secret Garden and Sky Castle, both of which I never got around watching, the rest are dramas that I really like very much. Four of the dramas are even in my rewatch list:wub:

Mine too except for Secret Garden lol( unfortunately, I didn't like it:(). Sky Castle is amazing. I hope you get to enjoy it:D.

I would like to add Money Flower ( My Favorite;)), Life on Mars, The Lies Within which just finished airing and many more lol^_^. Well, I guess it won't be top ten anymore if I keep adding it so I'll just leave it as it is lol:mrgreen::sweat_smile:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I've seen 6 of the 10 dramas listed above and agree that they should be on the list. I've seen Secret Garden and loved it. The Light In Your Eyes is truly memorable and I believe everyone should see it at least once. 

I'm so happy to see When the Camellia Blooms made it to the list. It's special in its own way and such a heartwarming story that celebrates the good in people.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

December 8, 2019

December Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Announced

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

December Brand Reputation Rankings For Drama Actors Announced

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 80 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between November 6 and December 7.

Gong Hyo Jin and Kang Ha Neul, the stars of KBS’s “When the Camellia Blooms,” topped this month’s list at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively. High-ranking phrases in Gong Hyo Jin’s keyword analysis included “mom,” “Instagram,” and “Kang Ha Neul,” while her highest-ranking related terms included “thankful,” “ordinary,” and “root for.”

The actress’s positivity-negativity analysis revealed a score of 72.09 percent positive reactions, and her total brand reputation index for the month came out to 6,305,680. Meanwhile, Kang Ha Neul scored a brand reputation index of 5,850,440 for December.

Jo Yeo Jeong, the star of KBS’s new drama “Woman of 9.9 Billion,” took third place with a brand reputation index of 4,817,303.

Oh Yeon Seo, the leading lady of MBC’s new romantic comedy “Love with Flaws,” came in fourth place with an index of 4,179,994; while “Chocolate” star Ha Ji Won rounded out the top five with a score of 3,326,499 for December.

Check out this month’s top 30 below!

1. Gong Hyo Jin
2. Kang Ha Neul
3. Jo Yeo Jeong
4. Oh Yeon Seo
5. Ha Ji Won
6. Seol In Ah
7. Jang Dong Yoon
8. Oh Jung Se
9. Yoon Shi Yoon
10. Yoon Kye Sang
11. Jung In Sun
12. Kim Ji Suk
13. Lee Ji Hoon
14. Kim Seon Ho
15. Lee Jung Jae
16. Shin Min Ah
17. Jeon Hye Bin
18. Cha Ye Ryun
19. Kim Seul Gi
20. Kim So Hyun
21. Ji Yi Soo
22. Oh Na Ra
23. Lee Elijah
24. Moon Geun Young
25. Kim Kang Woo
26. Jo Yoon Hee
27. Heo Jung Min
28. Kim Heung Soo
29. Choi Myung Gil
30. Ahn Jae Hyun

Source (1)

• Love 1

“When The Camellia Blooms” Cast Has A Fun Reunion

Dec 13, 2019
by J. K
c405a721f6d04067a8cf6d6794b8955e.jpeg?s=

Gong Hyo Jin shared photos from a lovely reunion of the cast of “When the Camellia Blooms”!

The actress posted photos on her Instagram on December 13 from a fun outing that many of the cast members took together. She wrote as the caption, “A date with a walk on the streets at night.” Other cast members seen in the photo include Oh Jung Se, Uhm Hye Ran, Kim Ji Suk, Son DambiJeon Bae Soo, and more.

One of the photos shows that they’d reserved a table at a restaurant under the name “Dong Baek,” which means camellia and is the name of Gong Hyo Jin’s character.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1371387wpp/when-the-camellia-blooms-cast-has-a-fun-reunion

• Love 1

December 18, 2019

Kong Hyo-jin Voted Best Actress of the Year

Source: The ChosunIlbo

Kong Hyo-jin has been voted the best television star of this year.

In a recent poll of 1,700 viewers aged 13 or above by Gallup Korea released on Tuesday, about 12.4 percent of respondents picked Kong, mainly attributed to the popularity of her latest TV series, "When the Camellia Blooms," which wrapped on a high note late last month.

2019121801417_0.jpg
Kong Hyo-jin (left) and Kang Ha-neul

Kang Ha-neul and Goh Doo-shim, Kong's co-stars in the series, came second and third.

Park Bo-gum, a perennial heartthrob, ranked fourth, followed by Goo Yoo and Jung Hae-in, who shared the fifth spot.

Gong Hyo-jin and Kang Ha-neul Most Loved Performers According to Gallup

By William Schwartz on HanCinema.net

photo1133771.jpg

According to a poll conducted by Gallup Korea from November 8th to November 28th, Gong Hyo-jin and Kang Ha-neul were the most beloved stars of the year.

Jeju Island was not included in the poll. The two came to prominence for holding the leading roles in the popular autumn drama "When the Camellia Blooms". Gong Hyo-jin held first place with 12.4%, while Kang Ha-neul was second place with 12%.

Third place was also a "When the Camellia Blooms" cast member, albeit not one of the leads. Older actress Go Doo-shim held 7% of the overall total. Park Bo-gum of "Encounter" was fourth with 5%, while Gong Yoo and Jung Hae-in tied for fifth with 4.7%. Figures may have been waited in the favor of "When the Camellia Blooms", because it was still airing at the time the poll took place, although its dominance remains noteworthy.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

December 19, 2019

Koreans Vote For Most Notable Drama And Film Actors Of 2019

Source: Soompi by D. Kim

Koreans Vote For Most Notable Drama And Film Actors Of 2019

Along with the polls on the top artists, songs, and idols of 2019, Gallup Korea has also revealed results for the drama stars and film stars of the year.

Gallup Korea has been holding this survey annually since 2007. This year, 1,700 people ages 13 and up located all around the country were surveyed from November 8 through 28.

The margin of error is ±2.4 percent at the 95 percent confidence level.

Respondents were asked to list up to two drama actors and two film actors who showed excellent performance in 2019.

The top 10 responses for the drama actors are as follows:

1. Gong Hyo Jin (12.4 percent)
2. Kang Ha Neul (12.0 percent)
3. Go Doo Shim (7.0 percent)

4. Park Bo Gum (5.0 percent)
5. Gong Yoo / Jung Hae In (4.7 percent)
7. IU (4.2 percent)
8. Yum Jung Ah (3.9 percent)
9. Kim Soo Mi (3.2 percent)
10. Lee Seung Gi / Choi Bool Am (3.0 percent)

“When the Camellia Blooms” showed strong impact with the top three actors all having starred in the drama. Park Bo Gum ranked in the top five for the fourth consecutive year, being the only actor to do so. Gong Yoo, Kim Soo Mi, and Choi Bool Am notably made the list without starring in any dramas this year.

The top 10 responses for the film actors are as follows:

1. Song Kang Ho (29.8 percent)
2. Ma Dong Seok (18.2 percent)
3. Gong Yoo (8.9 percent)
4. Jo Jin Woong (8.5 percent)
5. Lee Byung Hun / Ha Jung Woo (7.1 percent)
7. Jung Woo Sung (4.5 percent)
8. Yoo Hae Jin (4.1 percent)
9. Hwang Jung Min (3.6 percent)
10. Honey Lee (3.3 percent)

Song Kang Ho, who starred in films including “Parasite,” took an overwhelming lead this year with nearly 30 percent of the votes. Ma Dong Seok, who placed first last year, came in at No. 2 this year. Honey Lee is the only actress of the top 10 film actor ranking.

Source (1) (2)

• Like 2

December 19, 2019

Yum Hye-ran, "Diverse Women's Characters Lead to My Opportunities"

Source: MyDaily via HanCinema.net

photo1134337.jpg

Actress Yum Hye-ran featured in her first ever exclusive pictorial.

Yum Hye-ran has had a busy year with films "Innocent Witness", "Miss and Mrs. Cops", "Another Child" and "KIM Jiyoung: Born 1982", and recently with the drama "When the Camellia Blooms" as Hong Ja-yeong. In "Innocent Witness" she displayed a bone-chlling performance as a villain and in "When the Camellia Blooms" she was a girl-crush.

Despite her short appearance in the film "KIM Jiyoung: Born 1982", her warmth swept over the film and gave the story more credibility. Thus, the thoroughly experienced Yum Hye-ran's true value also appeared on the set of her pictorial.

photo1134338.jpg

Harper's Bazaar exclusively featured Yum Hye-ran as a voluptuous and strong character, which led to the staff on-site staring in awe.

In the following interview, Yeom Hye-ran looked back to the year 2019 and said, "It's new having people give different reactions about me. I enjoy that. I love the experience of today's pictorial and I never imagined I would do something like this in my life".

About her role of Hong Ja-yeong in "When the Camellia Blooms" she said, "I was scared because it wasn't a role I'd done before. I worried that I would want to turn the channel when she came out or that I was going to be an obstacle for this drama. When the drama began and I looked at the overall picture, I could see where I should be heading. As I got close to Gyoo-tae (Oh Jung-se), we talked a lot. It's massive luck to meet a good partner and Oh Jung-se was just that".

photo1134336.jpg

She says her real personality is more like Noh Gyoo-tae than Hong Ja-yeong. "At the base of his character is loneliness. He is also the icon of joy and grief, and so am I. I think I have become something great when I take pictures like this, but reality hits me real soon. My mood differs on people and this all comes from the need of wanting to be loved".

As a female narrator who has starred in several works that sympathize with the audience, she said, "It seems to be well matched with the current of the times. As women's characters get more diverse and so do stories, I can see more opportunities".

Meanwhile, Yum Hye-ran stars in the upcoming film "New Year Blues".

• Like 5

3 hours ago, rubie said:

About her role of Hong Ja-yeong in "When the Camellia Blooms" she said, "I was scared because it wasn't a role I'd done before. I worried that I would want to turn the channel when she came out or that I was going to be an obstacle for this drama.

Thanks for posting this article. I could understand why she would feel this way. The first time I took notice of her was in Goblin. She was terrific as the good for nothing aunt there, that I was so surprised and had to do a double take in her role as Ja-Yeong. If I hated her in Goblin, I love her here in Camellia. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Son Dam Bi for winning "Best New Actress"

ENHbyxjX0AAwRGU.jpg

Congratulation for Kim Kang Hoon for "Best Young Actor award

ENHbx7jXYAIQQ7y.jpg

Congratulation for Oh Jung Se for winning "Best Supporting Actor

ENHiaVDX0AYxXUe.png

Congratulation for Yum hye-ran for winning "Best Supporting Actress" in Mid-length Drama

Spoiler

ENHlSqcXsAAJYj0.png

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 4

Congratulations to Im Sang Choon for winning "Best Writer"

The writer couldn't attend so Director Cha Young Hoon received the award instead of her.

ENHoNz5WkAY7cDf.png

I think the Camellia Team will get all the awards.  Daesang included. :w00t:

Congratulations to Kang Ha Neul for winning "Netizen Award"

ENHyfFlWoAAvjp2.png

Best couple award

for Kang Ha neul & Kong Hyo Jin and Oh Jung Se & Yum Hye Ran

ENH7gY9WoAMJKWF.png

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

Congratulations to Kim Ji suk for winning  "Excellence Award" in a Mid-length Drama

ENICiJ0W4AAQ8Ve.png

Congratulations to Lee Jung Eun for winning "Excellence Award" in a Mid-length Drama

ENIEZoUWwAEhhyO.png

Kang Ha neul for winning "Top Excellence Award"

ENINlcJWkAAEQJF.png

Kong Hyo Jin winning Daesang

Spoiler

ENIQK3CXUAA-QiQ.png

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

As predicted Camellia picked up a swag of awards. With those kinds of ratings... and critical acclaim, it would have been surprising if they hadn't picked up that many. ;)

Congratulations to the showrunners for a good result on the night. And most importantly, for giving us a wonderful drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

January 1, 2020 hny2.gif

Gong Hyo-jin wins KBS Drama Awards grand prize

By Lee Min-young The Korea Times hny2.gif

Actress Gong Hyo-jin wins her first drama award grand prize in a 20-year acting career. Courtesy of KBS
Actress Gong Hyo-jin wins her first drama award grand prize in a 20-year acting career. Courtesy of KBS

Actress Gong Hyo-jin, 40, took home her first grand prize at the 2019 KBS Drama Awards on Dec. 31 for "When the Camellia Blooms."

In the romantic comedy, Gong plays Dong Baek, an orphan and single mom struggling to make ends meet at a new town she settles in with her young son.

The women-empowering drama shows how she deals with life's difficulties and a man she later falls in love with, Yong-shik (Kang Ha-neul), who slowly opens her heart through love and care.

In her acceptance speech, an overwhelmed Gong said: "I have received so much love through this drama. The drama has consoled and encouraged the actors as much as it did for the viewers. I felt sad as the drama was nearing an end because it was so special to me.

"I think I won't be able to meet a drama like this ever again in my life."

"When the Camellia Blooms" topped the ratings on KBS when it aired from Sept. 18 to Nov. 21. Courtesy of KBS

"When the Camellia Blooms" also set a record in KBS drama awards by receiving 12 prizes at Tuesday's ceremony.

The show quickly rose to top spot in the ratings after it aired on Sept. 18 and maintained that until it finished on Nov. 21. It is now available on Netflix.

Gong was a teenager when she debuted as a model. Her film career began with the horror flick "Whispering Corridors 2" in 1999. She has starred in mega-hit TV dramas and films throughout her 20-year career, including MBC's "Pasta" (2010) and "The Greatest Love" (2011).

minlee@koreatimes.co.kr 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

For anyone want to re-watch Daesang acceptance speech. Too bad it does not have Eng sub

Also Best Couple Award, at 5:38, when celebrating new year, YS came to hug DB naturally, no other couple did that to celebrate LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1