Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

@confusedheart326 i am not a die hard fan of both JH and GHJ but I often think "Thank You" has this universal theme that is timeless.  If I remember correctly, it was released around the time HIV was deemed a death sentence; we really often see love and hate tear apart by fear and prejudice in real life. This drama brings back memories of Young Shin and the quiet graceful way the outcasts/outsiders lived their lives.  I'm hoping for the same magic, esp with KHN on board.  He tends to chose good projects, maybe it's linked to his theater/musical background.  GHJ sure is pretty; charming, very chameleon kind of beauty. I adore a lot of her clothing choices.

I was glancing over the supporting cast members.  Recognized Lee Sang Yi whom I think is hilarious @triplem (was in Third Charm, the boyfriend LOL).  Good casting, pretty sure we will have some LOL.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Greetings from the 3 couples!  

can’t wait ! 

Teaser 3 with subs , everyone loves Dong Baek . KHN’s Yoong Shik is just too cute 

Spoiler

Also subbed - Chuseok greetings from our leads 

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

KBS updates with longer teaser. Some scenes we have seen earlier ( KBS does not allow embedding of the video)

https://youtu.be/tij7le6fUE0

Spoiler

This is subbed and the 3 are so cute.

GHJ 's agency released a BTS video of her talking about the scenes...

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Press con today 

Rice wreath support for KJS

Spoiler

v live of the press con at 2pm KST

• Like 2
  • Love 4

GHJ never disappoints. So I am kinda looking forward to this. The leads has a 10 year age gap, it's kinda interesting to see their chemistry both on screen and off screen. Fighting!

• Like 6

Rice wreath support for our 3 leads

One for the “mean man “ :D

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Photos from press con .

The leads are very cute 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

With the PD

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 3

Premiere Watch:

by stroopwafel

When the Camellia Blooms

premierewatch_camellia01.jpg

Time slot: Wednesday & Thursday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Romance
Episode count: 32 episodes (35 minute episodes)

Reasons to watch: Gong Hyo-jin and Kang Haneul make their drama comebacks in When the Camellia Blooms as a fierce single mom and a bubbly police officer respectively. Gong Hyo-jin’s faced prejudice from the people around her her whole life, first for being an orphan and then for being a single mom. As a result she’s ever the pragmatist. When the sweet optimist that is Kang Haneul comes into her life, his warmth and belief that love is all you need start to soften her pragmatism. But not many people are rooting for them, and in addition to societal barriers (the noona romance aspect, Gong’s single motherhood status) Gong’s ex-boyfriend Kim Ji-suk may prove to be a big stumbling block. Despite being married and a father himself, he’s still nursing some unresolved feelings for his old flame. Let’s see if the drama proves Kang Haneul (and the Beatles) right. Maybe all you need is love after all.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/premiere-watch-flower-crew-joseon-marriage-agency-when-the-camellia-blooms-secret-boutique-running-investigators-vagabond-pegasus-market/

Gong Hyo Jin, Kang Ha Neul, And Kim Ji Suk Talk About Working Together For “When The Camellia Blooms”

361152aa758e470b81edc0cc15e8724a.jpeg?s=

The cast of KBS’s upcoming romantic comedy drama “When the Camellia Blooms” has shared what it’s like to work together on set.

On September 17, a press conference for “When the Camellia Blooms” took place. Attending the event were Gong Hyo Jin, Kang Ha Neul, Kim Ji Suk, and director Cha Young Hoon.

“When the Camellia Blooms” will tell the stories of three couples in different stages of love. Moreover, the drama will focus on the romance that blossoms between Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin), a woman who is trapped in a certain perception about love, and Yong Shik (Kang Ha Neul), who shows undying support and love for her.

During the press conference, the actors talked about working with each other. Gong Hyo Jin said, “I’ve heard great stories about how Kang Ha Neul is kind and works hard, so I went to the set with high expectations. Just like I’ve heard, he works really hard and is full of energy, and it was great to see his positivity. I’ve told my friends, ‘Yong Shik is really great.'”

She continued, “We are also very similar when it comes to learning and memorizing lines. We tend to forget and change the lines a lot. It becomes a bit too much if I have to act with someone who has the lines memorized perfectly the way they are, but in that sense, he and I work well. I’ve been filming comfortably while having fun.”

Gong Hyo Jin also talked about working with Kim Ji Suk. The actress said, “I feel comfortable with him because we are in the same age group. We worked together a few years back in the drama ‘Let’s Go To School, Sang Doo.’ He was a supporting character who sat at the very far end of a classroom. I thought he was great at the time, but when I saw him a couple years later in a variety show, I realized that he is actually very silly. I’m glad to have met him again over 10 years later. We have many scenes that are set in the past, and I’m thankful that he helps me act while feeling as if he were my actual first love.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1353027wpp/gong-hyo-jin-kang-ha-neul-and-kim-ji-suk-talk-about-working-together-for-when-the-camellia-blooms

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Maybe the romance is actually here. KJS fixing KHN's hair  in the middle of the press con, with the latter giving a sweet grateful smile is the cutest thing :lol:

That IG handle has some of the press con with subs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Does anyone know if Viki will pick up this drama to sub? If not, where can I watch online with English subbed?

Can't wait to watch GHJ again! One of my fav actresses!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MrMarley said:

Does anyone know if Viki will pick up this drama to sub? If not, where can I watch online with English subbed?

Can't wait to watch GHJ again! One of my fav actresses!

It will be subbed by Netflix . More info via this handle 

@joonminfan he is looking handsome as always . 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

KBS updates 

I think there’s good  chemistry here 

Dong Baek’s life is really quiet sad

• Like 4
  • Love 1