[Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵

0ly40

18 hours ago, lu09 said:

@40somethingahjumma Don't feel bad about voicing your opinion:):D. You are not the only one who hates the character lol:lol:. The actor is doing a great job making some of us hate his character lol:D.

[...]

I felt sorry the moment PG put two and two together. Thanks to JR indecisiveness and interference, poor child found out the worst way that this man who has been bothering him and is a superman to his daughter is his own father. But the first thing PG asks is why he didn't treat his mother right :tears:? Even calling JR, a cheap man which he deserves it. 

Indeed, YS and JR can not be compared lol. It's funny how JR thinks YS is like his younger self. If only he knew YS history, he won't be saying those words again lol:joy:.

Haha :lol: Yes... thank you for the encouragement. No, no actual hate here. ;) Just a barely controllable urge to head slap him every time  he shows up in Ongsan. ;)Failing that, I throw my hands up in despair. A veritable first class idiot. He seems to behave a bit better in odd numbered episodes and then for some reason... a mix of insecurity and egotism perhaps... he tends to escalate matters in the even numbered ones. Just when you think he can't be more obnoxious than what he is, he exceeds even my high expectations.

:P

You make an excellent point that had crossed my mind but I keep getting distracted by other thoughts. :DBut yes, the way he went about things led to PG finding out things the worst way possible. Personally I think he needs to learn to respect DB and get it through his thick skull why she left before he tries to play dad with PG. Anyway YS can easily be the father figure that PG desperately needs in his life. A little rough around edges perhaps but no less caring. Plus YS himself was raised by single mother and can relate.

That said, I don't think JR irredeemable. Nobody is irredeemable. But right now he is an idiotically trying to meddle in other people's lives... butting in where he's not really wanted and giving Jessica even more ammunition to use against him... if she's going to really divorce him and take him to the cleaners. I have my doubts about Jessica really wanting a divorce... it's her overconfidence at play here but she can cause a lot of problems for DB and PG if she really wants to.

Anyway it boggles my mind that JR can't see that he's the problem.

10 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I still don't know how to feel about the whole serial killer plot line. It's really bringing down what is a fun, lovely rom-com - but I am also very intrigued.

I am surprised at how well it's worked so far. I didn't think it would at first but oddly enough the show has somehow made this work. But at the point I'm liking the rom com part more than the serial killer arc... which is quite unusual for me. ;)

• Like 8

I presume that 2D1M is bad in South Korea  society or that it doesn't look kindly bc otherwise I just don't get why Pilgu would get angry. Pilgu is so mature for his age. Totally feel for him. HIs talks with his dad are amazing. 

I don't like JR. He just want to go to the past. Start new without thinking what it could do to everyone else. 

HE is Pilgu dad that is never going to change. So he could be just Dad but I think he want everything. 

YS and DB are so beautiful. Their love is blooming. :wub:

Why is DB mom faking dementia?

Too many suspects for JOker :lol:

• Like 9

The OTP had a kiss.:)  I hope next time they will show a couple kiss, not only a standard kdrama kiss, where one person is kissing and the other stay stone, suprised. It has to be at least another kiss until the end of this show. Fingers crossed. I am glad that Dong-Baek and Yong-Sik`s relationship is going strong. How happy she was when he was showing jelousy. :)

I hope Yong Sik will not turn around  anymore when Jong-Ryeol and Pil Gu are together. It must be awkward to have  2D1M but from my point of view it is pretty awesome if the two dads are good people, who cares about the boy. 

The ending scene.... Her real name is Choi Go-un .. I still think that the victim is Hyang Mi. 

The show is toying with us. Three characters used the line "don`t be a joke" and I think neither is Joker.  When Jung-Sook said it I had a little reaction (Dong Baek`s mom character is still a mystery) She wants to protect Dong Baek and the show gives hits that maybe she is a strong suspect but I don`t think she is the one they are looking for.

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I wished that HYJ filed for a divorce and ends up as governor.

This is what I want also. I don`t like how Hong Ja-Young is feeling down because she thinks her husband had an affair. They are not compatible anyway. She should divorce him and start campagning as governor. She will regain her confidence back. If she will end up governor, it will be her best revenge. I think the job fits her.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

8 minutes ago, larus said:

She should divorce him and start campagning as governor.

I can't wait for this to happen. But also, I hope there's redemption for Gyu-tae just so his character can be an example of how men should reflect on their actions. I'm imagining a closure scene between them where after their divorce and after the dust settles, Gyu-tae would meet with his ex-wife and tell her he's voting for her, Ja-young thanks him, and then they go their separate ways. This ending would be nice to wrap up their relationship. 

• Like 10

KBS 2TV's TV drama “When Camellia Blossoms  (played by Sang-Chun Chun / Directed by Young-Hoon Cha, Min-Kyung Kang)  is enthusiastically paying attention to Son Dam-bi .

97915424.2.jpg

Flavor was noticed only as a unique character, secretly sipping alcohol and showing a habitual wall. However, with her intuitive touch and extraordinary observation ability, she quickly penetrated the hearts and secrets of Ongsan people faster than anyone, and now she has used these secrets in her favor and became the most tense character.
http://www.donga.com/news/article/all/20191018/97932533/1

• Like 9

When the Camellia Blooms: Episodes 17-18

by quirkycase

wtcb9-00019.jpg

To flee or not to flee, that is the question this hour for our heroine. Her newly minted desire to stand up for herself wars with her practiced instinct to run away. Standing at a crossroads, it’s not always easy to know whether to choose fight or flight. At least this time, our heroine has a support system in place, whatever she chooses.

EPISODE 17: I Will Welcome Everyone

camellia09-00003.jpg

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/when-the-camellia-blooms-episodes-17-18/

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

One of the best episodes followed by one of the worst episodes for me. (Loved episode 9. Disliked episode 10.)

i loved how she told the biological dad to f off. But i hate this underlying notion especially in the next episode of "oh every boy just needs a dad bla bla bla". She obviously won't go back to him but it bet it's going to be some "oh we are an a bit unusual and disjointed family but we need to learn to live with each other" at the end. Blood is still blood despite everything they might be saying at first glance in this drama.

That also shows when she takes her biological mother in. It's not even a question. And they dont even have any kind of confrontation?? They probably save some of it for later when more about the mother gets revealed. It's going to be some bs that she looked out for all her life in secret.

Back to the the biological father... if he wants a relationship with his son it's probably going to happen to some extent. But how he goes about it bothers me so much. How he constantly approaches his son wthout her consent is so super disrespectful and tells me everything i need to know about the relationship they had prior. 

Oh and if there are signs that a fire got started on purpose in a school things would get handled a little different in other places lol.

• Like 6

On 10/19/2019 at 6:42 PM, larus said:

The ending scene.... Her real name is Choi Go-un .. I still think that the victim is Hyang Mi. 

omg... did anyone realise just before the scene where they reveal the ID in the purse that hyang mi said something like: she wants to live up to her beautiful name in copenhagen? the name go-un (고운) roughly translates to beauty or charm. so maybe hyang mi's real name is go-un??? i totally agree that hyang mi is probably the victim haha

sorry if anyone else already said this!! but i wonder if anyone else suspects

Spoiler

heung-sik

of being the murderer??

i mean because

Spoiler

he's so suspicious because he keeps on coming to do repairs etc.so he would know the floor plan of camellia perfectly PLUS he was the one to put up the cctv................ just my two cents tho hahah.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

On 10/19/2019 at 3:42 AM, larus said:

Yes, I think so.

Rewatching the end of Ep.10 I noticed a BIG clue I missed.

Hyang-Mi is crouching in the alley with the cat food guy (Joker?) Really creepy. They watch DB and YS walking by, giddy and in love. Hyang-Mi wonders if someone will love her if she goes to Copenhagen, and then she says... "live a life like my pretty name."

In Korean, she said "고운 이름처럼"

고운 = Go-Woon - which is one way to say 'pretty'

So her real name is Go-Woon.

(Gosh, I'm sad. I feel bad for her.)

--

Another thing I forgot about - although DB's real birthday is in winter, the birthday on her ID card is the day she was dropped off at the orphanage, which was in August? So December cannot be the birthday on her ID card.

--

@milkypeony  I didn't realize you posted the same theory! Great minds think alike I say. Hee hee.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 3

4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Gosh, I'm sad. I feel bad for her.)

I am sad for any victim of the Joker.  Joker is a mentally disturbed person. I wish they discover quickly who he/she is. I am sorry that they will caught the killer after another victim is discovered.

I did not know about the name. Thanks @milkypeony and @chickfactor for the informations.

• Like 6

Favorite Scenes

• Spoiler

• When Dong-baek's mom started to wrap her fist with a leather strap when the coach hit Pil-gu. :lol:
    • Oh my God... Yong-sik stepping in to save Pil-gu... wearing shades and doing the hero entrance and all (it reminds me of Top Gun haha).  Also, it was Yong-sik who brought the drone to the game. My heart. :heart:
    • While I'm a slightly indifferent towards Jung-ryeol, watching Pil-gu call Yong-sik after the game instead of him was a little sad. Jung-ryeol did try to protect Pil-gu by threatening the coach. Although he wasn't able to protect Pil-gu when the incident happened, it still must have hurt to see Pil-gu get excited around Yong-sik. He kinda deserves it but also not because he's been trying to be a good dad to Pil-gu. 
    • Dong-baek's mom eating at Ms. Kwak's restaurant. 
    • When Hong Ja-yeong, future governor of Ongsan, said, "You don't get to decide the line." :glasses: And Hyang-mi realizing she's no match for our future government. :lol:
    • Pesticide + cat food :skull:
    • Our future governor finally leaving her husband
    • Dong-baek hitting the pimp with a pan and shouting she has a bad temper. EVERYONE HAS!

Thoughts

• Spoiler

• Dong-baek's self-defeating attitude is getting stale. When she was talking about why she didn't want to go to Pil-gu's game in that self-defeating tone I legit rolled my eyes. She has valid reasons and I get it, but it's already the 11th episode and still no improvements in the self-esteem department? I'm not liking that Yong-sik always has to interfere and give her advice for her to get over things and shake things up. 
    • Also, I didn't know Dong-baek and Hyang-mi had such a long history. 
    • Maybe all that scratching will lead Yong-sik to the doctor who knows people's allergies in the neighborhood? --> Wrote this here before the last scene. Yong-sik did go to the doctor and the doctor mentioned Yeong-sim!!! Yeong-sim again! :D Now I want to meet her so I'd know if she's important to this whole story. 

Lots of people will get a prize tonight for their previous guesses. :lol::star:

• Like 12
  • Insightful 2