[Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵

0ly40

This show is what I look forward to the most in my week. Yong Shik! Why do you keep melting our hearts with your sincerity, not to mention your cuteness? Your straightforwardness is so refreshing. oh and that kiss! Yep, she did initiate! I can't stop grinning when I see YS on screen. Can I take him home to meet my mom?:wub::D

As for KR, his puppy dog eyes! He in no way can hold a candle to YS but in spite of his utter selfishness, I can't help but pity him. It breaks my heart to see him so pitiable. He has realized too late what he has lost. What baffles me and kind of angers me is his hypocrisy. He wants to hold DB's hand and be a father to his son, yet he lacks the guts to stand up to his wife and divorce her. He lets his wife have her way. He even turns a blind eye to his wife abandoning the baby. He truly isn't man enough to stand up and 'hold' DB's hand. He hasn't earned that right yet, even if he is Pilgoo's father and he has shared a past with DB. He truly confuses me. He doesn't bat an eye when HM blackmails him. Then, why oh why is he so unmanned? Man up and fight for your woman! Or just remain silent and let a better man win her over.

The reason why KR's character fascinates me is perhaps because he is like any other ordinary guy, a guy next door. He has his flaws. He's not the perfect Hero material. I can't help but sympathize with him, although he drives me up the wall with his wishy-wasy behaviour. Any body has any suggestions of a drama where KR isn't this 'hot' mess? Just want him in a 'Hero's' avatar. I want redemption, grovelling! In short, as my username suggests my heart is confused about his character. Please suggest some drama with him in it so that I can feel good about KR. :tears: Enough fangirling.....

We are still clueless about the 'Joker'. Although there is a 'Joker' at a theater near us! He's creepy too, if you need an extra shot of creepiness!:sweatingbullets:

Looking forward to the next episode which will be available only tomorrow on Netflix!:tears:

14 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

EP 10 is on Netflix! :w00t: I'm watching it now. Gaaaah It's the mellow opening credits. So relaxing lol

Thank you @lollyminx

OMG Yes! Thanks for the tip. Off to watch the episode. I just finished watching the previous episode. Quite a treat to watch the  recently aired episode  so soon!

• Like 10
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

The reason why KR's character fascinates me is perhaps because he is like any other ordinary guy, a guy next door. He has his flaws. He's not the perfect Hero material. I can't help but sympathize with him, although he drives me up the wall with his wishy-wasy behaviour. Any body has any suggestions of a drama where KR isn't this 'hot' mess? Just want him in a 'Hero's' avatar. I want redemption, grovelling! In short, as my username suggests my heart is confused about his character. Please suggest some drama with him in it so that I can feel good about KR. :tears: Enough fangirling.....

Try to watch Another Oh Hae Young and Top Star Yoo Baek. I hope you will love Kim Ji Seok as an actor.

It pains me to see Jong Ryeol's character but I'm one of his proudest fans that I see him in another character and he portrays it so well that most of the viewers of this drama hates Kang Jong Ryeol.

If I am in Dong Baek's position, I fully know myself by now. I have matured as a person and I can take care of myself and my child. So what is the hesitation of bringing back someone from the past that you obviously loved and cherished? If you are sure that you have the stability in you that you will not crumble again, why will I hesitate to let my ex come into my life again and be involve in the life of our child? I am not saying that she should entertain the idea of falling in love again but just give your ex the opportunity to be involve in the blessing that you both made. 

Yong Shik's character is too good to be true too. 

Yes he respects that Jong Ryeol is the father of Pil Goo. He also experienced growing up without a father, a real father. Even if you are loved by everybody, a true parent's love is very different.

I am not saying that he should give up Dong Baek, but at least he should give advice to Dong Baek that it is okay and good for Pil Goo to interact and be loved by his real dad. This drama is so bent up in conventional family structure. We are in 2019 now, we should be open to everything and respect each other because everything will have an effect on those little ones, the children. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Episode 10, favorite scenes: 

• Yong-sik's thought (VO) before kissing Dong-baek: I no longer want to be the nice guy. :w00t:
  • Dong-baek and Yong-sik looking awkward at the dumpling place but holding hands under the table :D
  • Yong-sik: I like you   Dong-baek: I know. Everyone in Ongsan knows.
  • Dong Baek in a short, red dress and red lipstick 
  • Hong Ja-yong (uri future governor of Ongsan) putting Gyu-tae's mom in her place
  • Pil-gu spilling his guts to Jong-ryeol :tears:
  • Dong-baek's mom pushing Yong-sik to be more aggressive in prusuing Dong-baek :mrgreen:
  • The ending scene! :crazy:

Thoughts: 

• I just realized that Yong-sik keeps on avoiding Yeong-shim's complaints. I don't even know who he/she is but what if Yong-sik is missing puzzle pieces in the serial killer case and going to Yeong-shim will reveal clues he needs?  
  • Jong-ryeol is the cheap man lol according to Pil-gu. 
  • Hyang-mi knows Dong-baek's mom is acting. Good job to those who said so in the previous pages. I initially thought she really had dementia. :D
  • Does this mean, a loanshark is coming to Ongsan? :ph34r:
  • Like 13

@lollyminx The episodes keep getting better and better:wub:. Indeed, today was all about YS snapping lol. He finally decided not to be a nice guy anymore:lol:. The best moment for me was his conversation with his mom:tears:. It reminds me how I always tell my mom to this day to buy stuff for herself instead of saving up the money or spending on someone. Treating yourself once in a while is the best present you can give yourself.

So the name HM is a fake name. The birth date on the ID that was found was 1986/12/24. It can't be DB because she was registered the day that she was found even though she was born in winter. Looks like the real reason why she ends up dead is because she finds out about the guy who kept putting the cat food. Her fate was sealed the moment she said YS was looking for him. Maybe that's why YS expression is like that in the future when her body is found. He feels guilty....As for the loan shark, he is bound to cause trouble when he comes to Ongsan:mellow:.

Mom's fake dementia is busted lol. HM knew all along and it explains why she was talking to mom as a regular person. I'm surprised YS didn't suspect her either when she was giving him advice about DB or does he already know?. 

I was crying along with PG when he was speaking to JR:tears:. Poor child grow up too fast. I'm surprised too that the Cheap guy is JR lol:lol:. It makes sense because GT was always the bad guy who threatened DB with her rent and other stuff. I'm also glad JY put her mother in law in her place. It was funny how MIL started making up excuses for her son but changed her tone when JY dropped the bomb that the other party is a Bar girl. Unbelievable lol:joy:.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Yeong Shim about the dog owners or was it a cat lol:sweatingbullets:? It was YS first assignment when he came to the village and there was a dispute because they didn't know which animal (The newborn) belonged to who because it was a mixed breed so YS had to check. I thought that was over and they were just running a joke to remind YS of the case throughout the show. Maybe I'm wrong lol:sweat_smile:. I hope someone can clarify this:lol:

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Usually, almost every drama the second lead syndrome is very high but not this one. They annoyed the hell out of me. 

EP. 9 - Once again, Yongshik stole my heart. :wub: Yongshik is all about showing and telling Dongbaek to love herself. He does everything for Dongbaek's benefit while Kang Jong Ryul is about his benefit. 

Spoiler

I guess I am KJR's biggest hater LOL...

That hair grab though :lol:!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

5 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

As for KR, his puppy dog eyes! He in no way can hold a candle to YS but in spite of his utter selfishness, I can't help but pity him. It breaks my heart to see him so pitiable. He has realized too late what he has lost. What baffles me and kind of angers me is his hypocrisy. He wants to hold DB's hand and be a father to his son, yet he lacks the guts to stand up to his wife and divorce her. He lets his wife have her way. He even turns a blind eye to his wife abandoning the baby. He truly isn't man enough to stand up and 'hold' DB's hand. He hasn't earned that right yet, even if he is Pilgoo's father and he has shared a past with DB. He truly confuses me. He doesn't bat an eye when HM blackmails him. Then, why oh why is he so unmanned? Man up and fight for your woman! Or just remain silent and let a better man win her over.

I 10000% agree with you. I think Kim Ji Seok plays the character to the T. A+ Acting! He's so pitiful looking, and you want to dislike him by the way he has acted, but you somehow can't seem to hate him. You can tell that he really cares for Pil Gu and wants to be in his life, and it isn't just because of Dong Baek. Even if it doesn't work out with DB, I don't think he would just abandon Pil Gu. He goes out of his way to see him and connect with him. He cares for him deeply. Him crying on the bridge broke my heart too.

That being said, I definitely don't think that JR and DB should be together. I think he'll come around and see that YS and DB are a match at this stage of their lives and that their moment has passed. Once he gets over his ego, I think he'll come to see that YS is a perfectly capable man who has made DB into a better person. They belong with one another. 

The one thing that has sort of bothered though is the fact that DB is trying to push JR totally out of the picture, so that he can't be in his son's life. His intentions are pure, and he should be allowed to be a part of PG's life. I wish JR was better at expressing himself and not coming of as a total scum bag. I swear every time he opens his mouth he seems to say the wrong thing, even if his heart is in the right place.  Sigh. 

Also, I don't understand why he doesn't just get a divorce either. I understand that it's totally taboo in Korea to get a divorce, but she's literally the worst. I'm sure the reason for their loveless marriage isn't one sided, but at this point, she is SO unlikeable. It's hard for me to believe why they even got married in the first place. 

LOL sorry for the JR eccentric post. He's just one of the more fascinating characters to me in this drama haha. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Great stuff... as usual and it's clear that all the various threads are gradually coming together. It will be interesting to see how all of that pans out as the show heads towards resolution. Nothing irks me more than following a drama faithfully for weeks only to get a hurried hack job at the end. The writing and execution has been great so far, let's keep our fingers cross that the show will maintain this level of consistency right to the end.

The question has come up that Mum may not really have dementia. It could be that she's just highly eccentric or it may be she's in the early onset phased. I'm really not an expert in this area but she seems very grounded and quite perceptive. It appears to be an act indeed and is she feeding imaginary cats or lighting fires? Or both? It really does feel like there's someone else in the picture and they're tag teaming in some fashion.

Whatever she is or is pretending to be... she does have her finger on the pulse and dishes out good advice. ;)

Yong-sik's awkward bluster. The way his words come spitting out of his mouth. Dear me. What a hoot. The way he hems and haws while he's searching for the right words to string his thoughts to together is too cute. So he's decided that it's no more Mr Nice Guy... I'm fine with that especially if he's trying to make the boundaries clear. He's right. They are in a different phase of their relationship and it is disrespectful of JR to barge in as he pleases.

6 hours ago, faye1030 said:

It pains me to see Jong Ryeol's character but I'm one of his proudest fans that I see him in another character and he portrays it so well that most of the viewers of this drama hates Kang Jong Ryeol.

Actually it's the opposite. For me at least. It's because of KJS that I don't hate JR outright. ;) He's a jolly nuisance and a self-absorbed scumbag. BUT I can't really hate him because KJS plays him as some kind of desperate, pathetic soul, clinging hopelessly to the vestiges of the past. I don't like the way he uses the past to emotionally blackmail DB but I understand why he does it because the writing is that good and there's no doubting KJS' skill as an actor.

I don't see how he can hope to reconcile with DB especially in the current state of things. Even if he's Pil-gu's dad, that ship has sailed... long before YS entered the picture. He might be forgetting momentarily that he's still married to the bratty, manipulative Jessica and he's also father to a baby girl. Yes, he does have a highly developed sense of responsibility to some extent but he needs to sort out a few things before he things of wanting to be Pil-gu's dad or romancing DB. He is deluding himself into thinking that he is freer to take charge than he really is.

It's clear from the storytelling that JR has always been the wrong guy at the wrong place at the wrong time. This is irregardless of whether YS is too good to be true. Even if JR is PG's birth dad, I don't particularly agree with the way he's gone about doing things. Time and time again he has shown a lack of consideration for both mother and son. Especially the mother.  It's not that I don't think PG needs a dad... he absolutely does and that's patently obvious when he's throwing his weight around and showing his bravado. Kids need their dads and/or strong male role models. But they need them also to act like adults and not whiny teenagers. The best thing he can do right now is sort his domestic mess in Seoul and then politely negotiate for access to PG afterwards. Right now he is creating a tornado that is quickly spiralling out of control. 

JR doesn't lack passion or even some kind of moral compass. What he lacks is wisdom. He's 34 and he still doesn't get it. 

Personally I don't think YS is that perfect. It's clear that while he's good-hearted, he's not the smartest guy around. He would be easy to con. But what he lacks in brain power, he makes up for in kindness, honesty and patience. And he is very good for DB because her simplicity is attractive to him.

I also got the impression from the episode that HM is running away from someone or something. It explains her outsider status. I suppose Copenhagen is as far away she can run from Korea to do that. It explains that odd choice to me in some way. I have to say though that when she's not thieving or scheming, she can almost be wisely perceptive. 

It's good to know too that it hasn't been all bad for DB at Ongsan around the neighbourhood ajummas. Despite the bullying, she has experienced some kind of family there. I suspect that the more we hear about the last six plus years, the more we'll see that it was better than we thought.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

58 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I also got the impression from the episode that HM is running away from someone or something. It explains her outsider status. I suppose Copenhagen is as far away she can run from Korea to do that. It explains that odd choice to me in some way. I have to say though that when she's not thieving or scheming, she can almost be wisely perceptive. 

Also I thought the Copenhagen bit is a nod to the scandi noir genre as Hyang-Mi's story  is an entirely different genre to Dong-Baek's romcom. And to be honest, right now, I am more interested in Hyang-Mi's. "You are not stupid, are you..." that line, spoken with disgust and despair by Gyu-Tae was just perfect...

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 2

I think if JR expresses his feeling of wanting to be in Pil-gu's life, Dongbaek will lets him or at least YS will convince her as he knows the feeling of wanting a father-son bond but he keeps saying stupid stuff about DB and him. Their moments are in the past, hope he can see that quickly. He wants Dongbaek and Pil-gu in his life when obviously DB does not (does he not see that?). I do pity him as a father; he does his best as a father to Pil-gu however his selfishness bothers me as a man. 

EP 10

- No wonder Dongbaek stays in Ongsan for 6 years even though she has being treated harshly by those ahjumma. 

- Hyang Mi is running from something/someone. That dude at the salon creeps me out. 

- Joker has a unique cough but why is the cat food person not coughing?

- The ending indicates that the person is not Dongbaek but Hyang Mi?

• Like 9
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, lu09 said:

The best moment for me was his conversation with his mom:tears:. It reminds me how I always tell my mom to this day to buy stuff for herself instead of saving up the money or spending on someone. Treating yourself once in a while is the best present you can give yourself.

. It makes sense because GT was always the bad guy who threatened DB with her rent and other stuff. I'm also glad JY put her mother in law in her place. It was funny how MIL started making up excuses for her son but changed her tone when JY dropped the bomb that the other party is a Bar girl. Unbelievable lol:joy:.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Yeong Shim about the dog owners or was it a cat lol:sweatingbullets:? It was YS first assignment when he came to the village and there was a dispute because they didn't know which animal (The newborn) belonged to who because it was a mixed breed so YS had to check.

YS' conversation with his mom is a continuation of previous convo when Deok Soon advised Dong Baek to live her life separate from being Pil-Gu's mom.  Deok Soon gave the advice yet she still live attached to memories of YS as a child. Part of it is her being thrifty, I think part is her being a mom wearing her son's old clothes because she misses him.  Now that YS rarely visits the restaurant because of DB, his clothes are reminders of her son.  When he comes for lunch, she still feeds him.  Motherhood is not a role we easily discard even if our children grows to be adults.  Most of time, it will be the children who have to remind their parents that it's ok to let go and live putting their needs first.

GT's mom is a controlling mean old soul.  GT's marriage is a way for her to gain social status.  Her lack of respect toward Ja Young I suspect is her shifting the power dynamics for her son in his marriage.  Instead of being happy that he married a successful professional woman, she clashed with Ja Young because she wants to retain the same control over her son.  I think it's sad but an archaic continuation of  power struggle between MIL and DIL.  In this day and age, hsb and wife contribute differently in the marriage, may it be financial, emotional, status... It's already hard to maintain a relationship between 2 people, the best thing parents can do is to get involved only when are asked.  Let the children live their lives.

Yeong Shim's case was about what you've noted, which owner does the new pups belong to since the parents are from 2 different families.  I am curious tho, why there is no cat in Ongsan? :D

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Sometimes I wonder if they were up in arms about her because she was a single mother or whether it was the fact that she was the quintessential outsider. It sounds like I'm splitting hairs but I think that there is a difference. I'm not entirely sure if being a single mother was ultimately at the root of their bullying or the fact that she was a single mother that owned a bar which the men frequented regularly. It always felt like to me she was perceived as a rival. Could it be entirely attributed to prejudice or was it more run-of-the-mill jealousy? I tend to think that they resent her encroachment of their space more than her status as single mother.

A crazy thought: We don't know who DB's father is, do we?

Hiii.  I agree with you here.  I don't think the village women cared much about DB's status as a single mother.  She proudly said on her first day that it was nothing to be ashamed of.  They pretty much accepted it, with no concern about Pil-Gu's father.  Their jealousy seems to be related to their husbands' visits to the bar.  I do think there was prejudice, strong disrespect for the mere fact that DB sells alcohol.  Would they have given her the same bullying if she has opened a restaurant instead?  I think it would have been the same since her restaurant would compete with their crab business.  I chalked it down to competition and the natural tendency of women outcasting other women whom they don't like.  It's a mob mentality for sure, a power play that persists due to DB's initial timid personality and lack of self confidence.  Once they have seen how she fought back against GT's sexual advances, they gained new respect for this shy girl who is actually stronger than she looks.  It's something they can identify with, as strong women, head of household.  

Yeah, we don't know who the father is.  I also have no real understanding of her mom's actions either.  :lol:

8 hours ago, faye1030 said:

If I am in Dong Baek's position, I fully know myself by now. I have matured as a person and I can take care of myself and my child. So what is the hesitation of bringing back someone from the past that you obviously loved and cherished? If you are sure that you have the stability in you that you will not crumble again, why will I hesitate to let my ex come into my life again and be involve in the life of our child? I am not saying that she should entertain the idea of falling in love again but just give your ex the opportunity to be involve in the blessing that you both made. 

I feel the same so was happy to see how this was addressed in Episode 10. I like how YS's tendency as a nice guy growing up without a father gave him a better perspective than DB on the fact that it is a choice Pil-Gu deserved to have.  The choice to have JR as a father or be a part his life.  The episode dealt with how DB finally got the chance to air her fear, hurt, and anger at JR.  She used the pregnancy tests to gauge JR's reaction.  Seeing how he obviously didn't want a child changed her love for him.   It leads to her thinking of even ending the pregnancy.  Ever since then, she doesn't believe JR is capable of loving his son.  The main reason for her refusal for JR to become a part of their lives is to protect Pil-Gu just as the boy is to protect his mother.  JR is trying hard but he is doing it all wrong because he didn't have a clear understanding of their break up.  Now that DB revealed what happened, I believe it will start the healing for both of them.  I'm glad that she acknowledge their relationship has run its course since they are different people now.  Along with YS' declaration, things should be clearer for all.  Whatever happens moving forward, JR's relationship with Pil-Gu should be able to flourish on its own without placing guilt on the boy.

Ratings (E 19/20)= 12.1%/14.9% (that's a new high)

• Like 7
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

This drama is getting better & better! and here’s my thoughts:-

We already in the middle of this series and up to this moment, i still cannot clearly pinpoint who could be Gabuli.

Several characters can easily be the suspect.
But maybe it is just to mislead us viewers (of course that is the main purpose hehe).

I think DB mother was always there to protect DB & PG, so for me she is not Gabuli. But she seems to be the one who refill the cat food container (?).. My guess is to lure the real Gabuli. Cats maybe will give us clue soon. I dont know but i have this feeling that Gabuli has an allergy with cats fur (that’s why he cough). And having Cats will make him vulnerable. I also think the mom is the one inside the OK Aesthetic, but she was there not to lookout for YS, but Gabuli himself. Which sometimes bring me to conclusion that it could be the Chief, since he was always with YS when he investigates. but because i dont have enough evidence, i am not confident on my suspicion.

Some more there are other characters which havent introduced officially.. like the hardware man’s father, the person who YS suppose to visit due to its dog (or is it a cat?), and DB father (which i hope will give as background on why her mother left DB in the orphanage).

episode 9 was all about not being a joke while episode 10 was about being a parent!

the kisses were absolutely satisfying! Just the right time :)

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

It reminds me how I always tell my mom to this day to buy stuff for herself instead of saving up the money or spending on someone.

Awwww... :heart: And this is what's good about this drama, right? You often see your real life relationships in the characters' relationship with each other. The scenes are so relatable. 

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

Looks like the real reason why she ends up dead is because she finds out about the guy who kept putting the cat food. Her fate was sealed the moment she said YS was looking for him. Maybe that's why YS expression is like that in the future when her body is found. He feels guilty....As for the loan shark, he is bound to cause trouble when he comes to Ongsan:mellow:.

Oh this is what I thought too! When Hyang-mi stopped on her tracks to talk to the guy refilling the cat food, she sealed her fate. I think the loan shark will prevent them from catching the joker. Since the loan shark has a motive to kill Hyang-mi, they will arrest him, case closed, instead of looking for the joker. But of course, Yong-sik knows better so he will continue to investigate and with more urgency since the murder is getting close to Dong-baek. 

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

I was crying along with PG when he was speaking to JR:tears:. Poor child grow up too fast. I'm surprised too that the Cheap guy is JR lol:lol:. It makes sense because GT was always the bad guy who threatened DB with her rent and other stuff. I'm also glad JY put her mother in law in her place. It was funny how MIL started making up excuses for her son but changed her tone when JY dropped the bomb that the other party is a Bar girl. Unbelievable lol:joy:.

I actually teared up several times while watching episode 10, and the one time was when Pil-gu was crying at the restaurant and while he was talking to Jong-ryeol by the ocean. And same! I also thought Gyu-tae was the cheap man, so I was OOOOOOH-ing last night when Pil-gu called Jong-ryeol cheap. As for uri future governor of Ongsan Hong Ja-yong (I can't stop calling her that :lol:), I love that we're getting to see her growth as a character. Her life is like a mini drama in a drama. I love it. :lol:

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

Yeong Shim's case was about what you've noted, which owner does the new pups belong to since the parents are from 2 different families.  I am curious tho, why there is no cat in Ongsan? :D

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

If I remember correctly, wasn't Yeong Shim about the dog owners or was it a cat lol:sweatingbullets:?

I just feel like there's something about that Yeong-sim case. Haha He/she gets mentioned often and I find it amusing that what if Yong-sik keeps on avoiding the case because it's soooo trivial, but it will be the one that will help him find new clues? 

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It could be that she's just highly eccentric or it may be she's in the early onset phased.

I was also thinking early onset. 

2 hours ago, allegramente said:

"You are not stupid, are you..." that line, spoken with disgust and despair by Gyu-Tae was just perfect...

I ran out of love for Hyang-mi when she started doing horrible things but I was cheering when Gyu-tae realized she's not stupid lol like, "Oh so you thought Hyang-mi is stupid? You jerk?! She's not!" :lol:

1 hour ago, bedifferent said:

JR is trying hard but he is doing it all wrong because he didn't have a clear understanding of their break up. 

And also, because he hasn't sorted out his family situation yet. It would have been better if he sorted out his marriage with Jessica first before coming in and barging into Pil-gu and Dong-baek's life, and planned how to deal with the media when word gets out that he has a love child. 

36 minutes ago, grapefruit7 said:

I dont know but i have this feeling that Gabuli has an allergy with cats fur (that’s why he cough). And having Cats will make him vulnerable.

:star: OH MY GOD! WHAT IF THE JOKER IS LURING ALL THE CATS WITH THE CAT FOOD SO HE CAN KILL THEM BECAUSE HE'S ALLERGIC TO IT! THAT'S WHY THE JOKER ISN'T COUGHING NOW BECAUSE THERE ARE NO CATS IN ONGSAN!!! (Cut to Strangers from Hell spinoff)

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

3 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

I 10000% agree with you. I think Kim Ji Seok plays the character to the T. A+ Acting! He's so pitiful looking, and you want to dislike him by the way he has acted, but you somehow can't seem to hate him. You can tell that he really cares for Pil Gu and wants to be in his life, and it isn't just because of Dong Baek. Even if it doesn't work out with DB, I don't think he would just abandon Pil Gu. He goes out of his way to see him and connect with him. He cares for him deeply. Him crying on the bridge broke my heart too.

LOL sorry for the JR eccentric post. He's just one of the more fascinating characters to me in this drama haha. 

I can't help but smile while reading comments about Kim Ji Seok's acting. I am one of his proud fans and now I realize why he turned down Perfume and took When The Camellia Blooms offer instead. With this drama, he showed us a very conflicted character that the viewers will hate but also sympathize with. 

I am skipping most of the parts of the drama, I only watch Pil Goo and Jong Ryeol's interactions because I am rooting they'll patch things up and in the end Pil Goo will accept and love back his dad. I wish to see them playing baseball together. :)

• Like 14

Thanks for all the comments!

Besides being part of the dog paternity case, Yeong-sim had a chili field burn down in the past and now has some question about a garlic field.  ARSON ALERT

As to the cat food and no cats, the food could be poisoned.  ANIMAL ABUSE ALERT

When the sign fell from the building, it revealed that there was formerly an Academy there.  CHODING MURDER ALERT

Everyone looks suspicious, but the killer has already killed five other people, including a 6th-grader.  Which of the suspects would kill all these people?

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 2

Oh coz i havent watch episode 10 and read only recap, so I didnt know HM actually caught the person who refill cat’s food.  So most likely he was really allergic to cats fur and no wonder there are no cats around Ongsan because he is killing them.

How about the fire? What could be the reason why he starts the fire ? 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Everyone looks suspicious, but the killer has already killed five other people, including a 6th-grader.  Which of the suspects would kill all these people?

your comments! funny!  What if all those victims are cat owners?!  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 2