Quantcast
0ly40

[Current Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Oh my. I totally loved this episode for YS. He's been darling and stalwart all along, without any doubts of how he feels for DB and willing for all the world to see it, his love and admiration for her. However, in this episode, he had two scenes which I just thought were beautifully written and executed that shows him for the caring man who protects his own that he is.

Btw, I just realized that this drama is a Netflix drama, so no YT clips released or anything. Plus, the translation is sufficient, but not endearing enough. So, here is a quick translation of my fave YS scenes this episode, but in a spoiler since they are basically spoilers.

Spoiler

1) The first is after YS and JR are eating noodles together, and YS basically tells JR to back off. However, it's YS' incredulous defense of DB, of how awesome she is just as she is rather than any object of pity that I really liked. YS has basically thrown it in JR's face that he knows that JR is PG's father, but that doesn't give him any rights to DB.

YS: You are really are stupid. Don’t you know? How Dong Baek shines so brightly on her own? You may have thrown her away because you wanted to have everything. But I, even if I have nothing else, as long as I have Dong Baek-sshi, then I’m fine.
(JR sighs.)
YS: Don Baek-sshi is a fantastic person like that. You know that as well. That’s why you’re sitting there being interfering like this.
JR: It’s because I know that, that I’m being interfering like this. Since now I know it, I want to make it right. As long as Dong Baek is living like this, I won’t leave it alone.
YS: What is wrong with the way Dong Baek-sshi is living? Who is the most pitiful person here pitying anyway? You’ve already lost Dong Baek-sshi (a long time ago). And, Dong Baek-sshi isn’t your woman. And, Pil Gu. He’s not your child.
(YS gets up and walks away.)
JR: Hey! Who are you to tell me who is my child or not?
YS: The next time you grab my shoulder, you had better know that you’re risking your million dollar shoulder to grab it.
JR: Your true colors are showing now.
YS: Yes, I’m very simple-minded. You’re a father who is a fool for his daughter, you’re thousand-ten thousand Jong Ryul (JR's baseball nickname), and you’re a star of commercials… you’re doing everything you want to do and in the time you have left over, you’re reminiscing about your past. But, I am being simple and putting it all on the line to like Dong Baek-sshi. So, don’t hang around Ongsan. I’ll mess you up. Really.
(YS walks away.)
JR: The way he looks now, it’s just like looking at a 25 year old Kang Jong Ryol.

That last comment of JR's made me laugh at his acknowledgement at YS' passion. JR's passions have long been burnt out it seems, trying to be all the things that he's been told is important to him. YS is simple in terms of knowing what he likes, what he doesn't like, and protecting his own. This is something that JR has lost a long time ago. Plus, this scene sets it up for the next scene that I like where YS tells DB that he's nothing like JR.

2) YS and DB shopping for fish, and DB is being embarrassed again about how much of her past is coming to haunt her, and how much of that past YS is finding out. She's gently scolding YS for going with JR when it's clear that they went off to talk about her and PG, but it's really embarrassment that drives her. Her comments of "all men" being the same and not liking things in her past is what sets YS off for this spiel.

YS: How many men have you dated? Do all the men in this world consist of just Kang Jong Ryol? (he’s asking if she thinks all men are like JR) Am I like him? You said we should start a “some”. If it’s all the same, then why would you have a “some” with me?
DB: That’s not what I meant…
YS: You haven’t done it with me.
DB: Done what?
YS: Dong Baek-sshi, if you seriously date me, then really, really… oh… you’ll die. Living each and every day, you’ll be so happy, that you’ll die. I can make that happen. So, without even knowing me even a little bit, don’t put me in the same category as that useless jerk. This guy, who wanted to see you so much that he came out at 5 am… don’t make me angry like this. Please.

So, a "some" is like focused flirtation for a couple, not meant to be full on dating, but clearly demonstrating an interest in each other. DB had earlier told YS that rather than dating passionately since she did that when she was younger already, that she wants someone to warm up with slowly. So, that they should start a "some" and take time to become closer rather than just dating. Btw, that scene was so cute how YS tells her he wants one proper thing that they should do, and DB's mind goes to physical affection, but YS is really talking about an emotional connection.

Anyway, in this scene, YS is telling DB that she doesn't have much experience with men after all, and not to lump him into a generalization which I thought was lovely. DB deserved the chidding since YS has not only always been straight forward and honest with her, but also have put her first, even to tempering his actions and somewhat impulsive nature.

I felt for JR as well who has a seriously narcissistic wife, but he made his decisions a long time ago, and he now has to figure out how to make it work. I do appreciate that he is a loving father to his infant daughter, and that the more he sees PG, the more he wants to be a father to his newfound son.

But, this episode was still all about YS for me. :wub:

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Blackend said:

KJR left DB because he have everything but YS will give up everything for DB.

6 hours ago, lollyminx said:

He'll give up everything for Dong Baek when JR left her to have everything.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:52 AM, stroppyse said:

So, perhaps it is Seo (sic) Ji Seok himself who is tugging at my heartstrings a bit to have sympathy for JR?

I agree.

You can see the contrast between JR and YS. 

Yong-sik definitely wins!

I think it is Kim Ji-seok who makes me feel sorry for Jong-ryeol.

6 hours ago, Blackend said:

Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.

Yes.

What I find worse is Jessica's mothering,

and even the way her own mother defends her selfish ways.

Then there is Dong-baek's mother's abandonment.

What were her reasons?

I think “parenthood” could be the reason for the story of Yeong-sim's dog and puppies.

Does anyone know who Heung-sik (the repairman) is related to?? 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse Your translations are so much better. Thank you! :wub: How accurate are the Netflix translations, do you think? Also, are there are other platforms (Viki, VIU, etc?) airing Camellia that have better translations? 

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Hahaha! Yes, definitely. I think it's testament to Ji Seok's talent and personality that a richard simmons character he's playing is likable lol

I think “parenthood” could be the reason for the story of Yeong-sim's dog and puppies.

By the way, I kep hearing Yeong Sim. Have they showed who he/she is? Or is he/she one of those characters who gets mentioned a lot but is not shown yet in the series? :lol:

As for Heing Sik, I don't remember hearing anything about him. But LOL at the ahjummas talking about suspicious people in their community and then disappointing Yong Sik by telling him the suspicious person was a victim or was in Norway while the killings were happening. Love that they dimmed the lighting during those scenes too. Hilarious!

• Like 9

On 10/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, stroppyse said:

So, perhaps it is Seo (sic) Ji Seok himself who is tugging at my heartstrings a bit to have sympathy for JR?

I agree.

You can see the contrast between JR and YS. 

Yong-sik definitely wins!

Nice correction on Kim Ji Seok's name. Thank you. I totally spaced on that one. And, now all I can think is that @triplem is going to kill me for messing up on one of her oppa's names. :D

What I find worse is Jessica's mothering,

and even the way her own mother defends her selfish ways.

Then there is Dong-baek's mother's abandonment.

What were her reasons?

Jessica is someone who really wasn't meant to be a mother. The thing is that I can't even imagine what that courtship between JR and Jessica was like. Were they both just so narcissistic that love didn't really factor into the equation at all? She liked that he was a star baseball player who could help her branding. And, he liked that she was young and considered hot? He doesn't seem to respect her career of being an influencer with tons of followers. Then again, Jessica is written up to be very full of herself as well as being a terrible mother without any mothering instincts whatsoever.

As for Jessica's mother who seems to condone such behavior, I find that surprising that she's not more protective of her granddaughter versus helping her daughter with whatever notions strike her.

@lollyminx, thanks for the compliment on my translations. I think that Netflix may have an exclusive on this drama which means that they have the only English translations. There are usually some Chinese translations of Netflix shows which are good though if you're fluent in Chinese. 

IMHO, I find Netflix translations serviceable without doing the dialogue much justice. They get the general meaning across in English, but tend to lose much, if not all, of the nuance and color. Forget conveying word play or sarcasm. Very occasionally, they tend to get a line wrong as well. Still, they are much better than some subs I've seen on other sites.

My fave subs are probably on Viki dramas. When Viki carries a drama, I like that the subs are constantly being improved. So, the initial subs may have a lot of flaws, but they usually get checked and corrected, so an episode that has been out for awhile usually has very good subs. Less popular shows, however, tend to have more errors in the subs.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

They get the general meaning across in English, but tend to lose much, if not all, of the nuance and color.

This is true. I felt differently while I was watching the episode compared to when I was reading your translations. I felt pained or hurt for Yong Sik at first because he was all, "I'm laying all the line for you," "I'll give up everything for Dong Baek," etc. I thought it was bordering on losing his self-love because he's prioritizing Dong Baek over himself, but while reading your translations, I felt more depth in the way Yong Sik delivered those lines. It's more heartwarming when you put Yong Sik's thoughts the way you translated them. So thank you very much! :heart:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lollyminx said:

This is true. I felt differently while I was watching the episode compared to when I was reading your translations. I felt pained or hurt for Yong Sik at first because he was all, "I'm laying all the line for you," "I'll give up everything for Dong Baek," etc. I thought it was bordering on losing his self-love because he's prioritizing Dong Baek over himself, but while reading your translations, I felt more depth in the way Yong Sik delivered those lines. It's more heartwarming when you put Yong Sik's thoughts the way you translated them. So thank you very much! :heart:

I’m glad that I could give a different feel for YS’s scenes in this episode. I didn’t feel sad for him at all since he was not saying that he’ll give everything for DB. Rather, I thought it was romantic of him to want to go all in and love DB. DB may think that she’s over the passionate kind of love, but I think she is definitely falling for YS, his big heart and his sense of justice and rightness, and YS is just a passionate guy.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

@lollyminx

Like @stroppyse , I didn't interpret Yong Shik's words the way you did, nor did I see it as a sign of weakness.. I mean aren't you suppose to go "all in" for a relationship anyway?? A relationship requires trust, being vulnerable & having an open heart - which all make Yong Shik very charming & dependable. He's boyfriend material for sure:kiss_wink:

@stroppyse

I loved how Yong Shik told Dong Baek that he'd make her "die of happiness everyday":lol: where can I sign up for that LoL!?:w00t: 

He cracked me up when he said he wished genie was part of the avengers! Er--I'm not a comic book fanatic, but I do know the genie isn't a part of the marvel universe ha-ha! I liked how Yong Shik had this huge smile of satisfaction like a kid when she told him instead of a genie, he was like a fairy awww~ 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@stroppyse From my point of view, KJR has always prioritized his career and social status over DB hence he never let her met his colleagues or didn't really protect her from his mother. I have the impression that he pitied more DB than he loved her. When he claimed that YS would pity DB hence he thought, that was love, in my opinion the baseball player was actually projecting his own thoughts onto YS. 

I am quite sure that Jessica must have boosted KJR's ego in order to woo him and this worked. Furthermore, I can even imagine that she ensured to get pregnant so that KJR would take his responsibility. But once married, she doesn't need to do that any longer, she has become a celebrity by association. She is determined to use his reputation and her followers in order to boost her career. 

KJR is indeed a selfish man but too weak in reality, he can be easily influenced by people which distinguishes him so much from YS. The latter is so strong-willed, his strong sense of justice and his past are the reasons why YS doesn't care about people's opinion.   

• Like 10
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Like @stroppyse , I didn't interpret Yong Shik's words the way you did, nor did I see it as a sign of weakness.

Oh yes, my view of Yong Sik in this episode changed a bit after reading stroppyse's translations, which are more should I say nuanced. I felt the depth in Yong Sik's feelings more because of these translations, when in the Netflix one's I couldn't help but feel bad a little for him because the translations were all about laying everything on the line and sacrificing for Dong Baek, which to me, was a little sad... bordering on unhealthy in reality. For example with what Yong Sik said about "If we date for real, you'll die of happiness everyday." I understand where he is coming from but these are too... let me just say, idealistic in a way and portrays him as kind of blind to what the reality is, of what's coming if their relationship goes deeper. I just feel like he's going to be hurt a lot when the realities and complexities of their relationship hit him. 

It may just be me though because personally, "I'll sacrifice for her," "you'll die of happiness everyday," "I'll give up everything for her" aren't things I would want to hear from a person I want to love. I'd rather hear things like, "There are moments where we'll be sad and we'll be hurt, but I'd still go through them to be with you and to experience the happy moments we'll have." So I was rather worried for Yong Sik when he was talking about these things. I hope you understand what I mean... but if say, someone as attractive as Kang Ha Neul tells me those things in real life, I'd probably date them anyway. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

Seriously in love with Yong Shik now when he confronts JR!

g9tMcQ.gif

You tell him Yong Shik!

CxJ2Ch.gif

Tell him the truth!

ynBQkP.gif

Why you do this to me??

And sigh. Ending the episode on a thriller note.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

October 8, 2019

KBS Dramas Have It All, Ratings, Buzz and Quality

Source: StarN via HanCinema.net

photo1109065.jpg

KBS dramas are taking over the home screen.

The Good Data Cooperation announced on the first week of October that "When the Camellia Blooms" and "The Tale of Nokdu" have reached 1st and 3rd place in terms of popular TV dramas.

First, "The Tale of Nokdu" reached the top in just the first week and caused a boom. Not only did it maintain originality, but the chemistry between Jang Dong-yoon and Kim So-hyun made the drama more cheerful and intense.

"When the Camellia Blooms" comes along next with the impressive performances by Gong Hyo-jin, Kang Ha-neul and Go Doo-shim, Lee Jung-eun and others. Every line they say is a classic and reviews even say every single line is a piece of art. Specifically, the drama is a mellow, yet thrilling piece of work, and after every episode a heated debate goes on in various online communities. On the previous eleventh and twelfth episodes, its target audience rated of 6.6% for the 20-49 age group.

On Fridays is the "KBS Drama Special 2019". "SKY Castle"'s Yoo Hyeon-mi and "Jeong Do-jeon"'s Jeong Hyeon-min are some writers who debuted through short drama. Drama Center chief Moon Bo-hyeon said, "Short dramas are an investment for the future, and it's not possible without a strong sense of duty". "KBS Drama Special 2019" was acknowledged for two short dramas on the 27th of September and the third one, "Drama Special - Wreck Car", is coming this Friday on the 11th of October.

October 9, 2019

Ratings: "When the Camellia Blooms" Sets Record With 13.1%

Source: ISplus via HanCinema.net

"When the Camellia Blooms" showed an increase in percentage.

According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV drama "When the Camellia Blooms" rated 11.0% - 13.1% on the 9th. The percentage increased by 0.2%.

SBS drama "Secret Boutique" came in second with 4.1% - 5.0%, which shows a decrease of 0.8%. MBC's "Extraordinary You", which released 4 consecutive episodes, increased by 0.6% to 2.9% - 3.9% and 2.7% - 3.1%.

MBN drama "Graceful Family" rated 7.3%, breaking its existing record, while tvN's "Miss Lee" rated 2.7%.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

A million frustrations in this 8th episode...

Spoiler

I did not expect to be frustrated with this episode. I was figuratively pulling my hair over Dong Baek's response to the serial killer threat. She's scared that the serial killer's also watching Pil Gu but she also doesn't want a full-on investigation because THE MEDIA CALLED THE VICTIMS PROSTITUTES AND IT'S GOING TO SCAR PIL GU IF HE SAYS THE COMMENTS?! 

I mean you can easily explain things to Pil Gu. Dong Baek doesn't give Pil Gu enough credit when he's so smart he figured out who his father is on his own. He's smart and he'll get it when you tell him the media got it wrong. I mean between that and losing his mother, the latter would scar him more. So I don't understand the hesitance in having a full on investigation, and the feeling of helplessness when you have a choice to make it easier to catch the serial killer. Dong Baek said it herself. If you see a bug, you squash it immediately so you don't have to live with it, so why the hesitance in finding the serial killer? On the one hand, I do get that it's a traumatic experience. On the other hand, this is a show and I'm not liking the forced internal conflict in this situation.

Hyang Mi was also especially frustrating this episode. I used to like her but now, there's no "like" left to give. She's the worst. Well, the serial killer is the worst and then Hyang Mi. She's even worse than Mr. No or they're on the same level.

Also another frustration: Yong Sik investigating the case so Dong Baek won't leave. Here's another moment that makes me feel sad for him. I don't like that Yong Sik is being written as a man who's building his life around Dong Baek (which could be a good thing kdrama wise because it's new - this time, it's not the female lead who's crazy in love, but the male lead). On the one hand, there are romantic undertones to it. On the other hand, it's... I don't know how to explain it. I'm worried about Yong Sik and what would happen to him. Dong Baek can easily tell him she wants to leave Ongsan knowing Yong Sik lives there. She hasn't thought about what Yong Sik would feel. Yong Sik's "all in" for Dong Baek but she isn't, which is understandable given her situation, but it's painful to watch and I hope after they take a break from each other (since Dong Baek is leaving Ongsan, as shown in the preview), they find a balance in their relationship that it's not only Yong Sik who's fully invested in their relationship. I trust this will eventually happen.

This episode has a good ending though because we see Yong Sik investigating the fire and seeing the lighter. I have no time to go back to the previous episodes but was the green lighter the one Hyang Mi stole? 

Frustrations aside, my favorite part of this episode is Hong Ja Young going to the Camellia because she wants to drink with a friend. Way to go with the character development here. Way to go lawyer Ja Young. :star:

• Like 13

Aish just as Dong Baek finally get her confidence, the Joker knocks it back down again.. Dong Baek now understandably shaken by fear & paranoia is contemplating on leaving Ongsan. I highly doubt her mom has dementia tbh..she functions way too well?? Like she knows how to take public transport etc. Idk is she faking it?! And the police chief has a point, the Joker strikes whenever her mom's around. Where does she disappear to anyway??

Hyang Mi annoys the crap out of me. She's gettin' really brazen as well. To indirectly tell Lawyer Hong that she's the other woman Mr. Noh is seeing. Sheesh she's walking on a very fine line.. Jong Ryeol is just as bad. He obviously harbors hope on starting over with Dong Baek, especially knowing he has a son. Pil Goo's a chip off the old block ain't he LoL?! So he & Jessica aren't registered in terms of marriage?! I'm confused. Or did they just live together? But what of the child? I doubt her mom would approve of a child out of wedlock. South Koreans tend to go about matrimony in a roundabout way I noticed. They'd have a registered marriage but no ceremony LoL. Or they only marry because there's a chance the woman is pregnant before the wedding. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

The whole time, Yong Shik did not suspect Heungshik(?). He was right from the beginning of the CCTV installation to the end.

Yeah like some of you, I used to like Hyangmi but she is becoming more unlikable. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

a3f48a083bcd46d8943fb526d23dcc7c.jpeg?s=

“When The Camellia Blooms” Achieves Another Personal Ratings Best

Oct 10, 2019
by R. Jun

KBS2’s “When the Camellia Blooms” has achieved yet another ratings best!

According to Nielsen Korea, the October 10 broadcast of the drama hit 11 and 14.5 percent viewership, an impressive 1.4 point jump from its previous high, 13.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358195wpp/when-the-camellia-blooms-achieves-another-personal-ratings-best

@lollyminx  

I have no time to go back to the previous episodes but was the green lighter the one Hyang Mi stole? 

Screenshot 2019-09-28 18.21.26Screenshot 2019-09-28 18.21.45

He pocketed that night.  The other smoker is Mr Noh who has a clear pink cigarette lighter that was stolen by Hyang Mi.  

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Hyang Mi is presenting now as solely looking out for her own interests without regard to anyone, including DB who has been treating her like a sister. And, because of my distaste for HM in this episode, I appreciated it when JR wouldn't give her the time of day, and just drove off. Can't believe HM is contemplating selling the picture she took of JR and DB.

I also rather liked HJ going to Camellia because she wanted a drink with a friend. I loved the character development there, but hope that she clues into HM's character.

Just for fun, I translated the preview and put it in the spoiler.

Spoiler

YS: I have to catch the Joker, so that I can hold on to Dong Baek.
YS?: I have to catch the Joker so that I can hang on to Dong Baek!
Police partner to YS: This is a store that has been empty for a long time.
Captain: That idiot. Is he going to follow behind cows and actually catch the mice? (LOL. It's a colorful, rural turn of phrase. And, it means he's wondering if YS is actually going to solve the case after all.)
Neighbor: Well, she’s held out for a long time anyway. If it were me, I wouldn’t have lasted even a year.
Another neighbor: She lost the one and only person who was on her side from the neighborhood over it, so if you were Dong Baek, would you be able to continue?
YS Mother: Yong Shik, that darn idiot. If you went to North Korea, he would be following you there.
JR to DB: Whether it’s baseball or commercials, I’ll throw all those things away, so accept me.
YS to DB: Dong Baek-sshi’s life is not one where you would allow yourself to be dragged around by the wrist. Do as Dong Baek-sshi wants.
Note on door: To all the Ongsan neighbors, I sincerely thank you for the past 6 years. - Dong Baek -
YS Mother to DB: What are you always so thankful for?
DB to YS Mother: Thanks to you, Chairwoman, I’m leaving now after having been happy for 6 years.

In general, episode 8 was a less absorbing episode than yesterdays. However, it ends on the big cliffhangar of whether DB is going to leave Ongsan or not since she's become very fearful. And, actually, DB shows signs of PTSD in her extreme fear and nervousness. Also, I agree that it's not right for DB to not want a full investigation, but I can see how she doesn't want to become news fodder. Back when the murders were happening, she was having to defend herself saying that she wasn't a prostitute or some such like that. She knows that people will draw their own conclusions about her, and that it will probably be negative. As a single mother who has never been married, she already has a stigma as being a non-virtuous woman. That stigma is what makes her hang her head out in public and not go to PG's school very often. It's said to think that she doesn't want to taint her son.

I don't fault DB for not being as into YS as he is into her. For one thing, she has PG, who has been the primary consideration in her life for a long time now. While she likes YS, she has to take care of and protect PG. And her fear in Ongsan is not just for herself, but that the Joker in keeping surveillance on her has probably also been watching PG. DB would literally die if anything happened to PG.

Still, I don't think that this is the end of DB and YS just because DB is moving away. I expect that they will keep in touch even if she does actually move away. It was telling that when YS and JR were both trying to help DB up, she kept hold of YS. YS is the person that she turns to now.

I felt even sorrier for JR this episode, actually. He's married to a woman who plain doesn't even like him, much less love him, now that he's served his purpose in boosting her "career". He's learning too late how much having someone who loves him unconditionally and unreservedly in his life was worth. And, JR longs for his son who is a great kid albeit with some chips on his shoulder mostly over his mom who he's described as the nicest person in town, but one who no one other than him likes.

I appreciated YS calling JR to account on JR's conflicting feelings. JR can't bring himself to even tell PG that he is his dad, but he wants to act like PG's dad to the competition. And, so JR makes his confession to DB as in the preview where he says that he'll throw away his baseball career as well as his commercial contracts, if only DB would take him back. Not that she's going to, of course. DB is totally over JR now, and while I'm sure they'll come to an amicable arrangement once JR has determined that he wants to acknowledge PG as his son, and be accepted by PG as his dad, DB doesn't see JR as her partner any more.

As I've said, I'm not thinking that YS and DB are separating, per se. YS is not only determined, he's also resourceful. He'll catch the Joker, though I don't think it's just for DB's sake. YS has a strong streak of wanting to catch the bad guys, after all. But, while YS is doing that, he's not going to forget DB, nor will she forget him.

Then again, I also don't think that DB and PG are actually going to move away, or perhaps not for very long. I'm curious as to how and why DB ends up staying in Ongsan. Btw, this position is not so much because of a character read, but just that the drama wouldn't make sense if DB leaves for another town and stays there. And, if DB did leave for another town, the Joker is probably going to follow her to harass her in the new town since that seems to be what the Joker does.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Gah.

This so reminds me of her in SFH...

LCJtRp.png

Now I am wondering if Hyang Mi is turning out to be so unlikable that we wouldn't really feel bad if she was the dead body from the riverside.

I am still on YS's side here.

DB is understandably more concerned about the safety of her son and she would want to go somewhere where her son is safe. YS shows a lot of care and concern for her but in the end, it is DB who can make the decision.

When I saw that YS was following DB to the tunnel where the drunk man was, I could see that he would have seen to her safety and not do anything if DB was able to walk through. However, he noticed her clenched hands and realised she was afraid and that's when he appeared.

More and more people seem to be suspicious as the Joker and I agree with YS that the scariest thing would be to find out the Joker is someone they know.

PS. I think DB's mom is faking her dementia but I am still not sure why. She can take a taxi by herself and return home (to DB) later ? Someone who has dementia would not be able to remember how to take a taxi or remember their next step.

PS. Why that question about life insurance?

• Like 10
  • Love 2