I'm the King of Camellia

wcb6_1.gif

The Clueless Cop

wcb6_2.gif

So Angry but Super Cute

wcb6_3.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

Actually, I rather like JR after I had a bit of a chance to think about it, and I hope that he's able to establish a good relationship with PG.

While it's clear that JR was a bit self-centered and immature when he and DB were dating, it's not clear to me why JR and DB split up. I had initially thought it was because JR had cheated on DB or something, plus the fact that his mother hated DB, but on further reflection, it definitely seems that DB left JR, and she may have left due to a misunderstanding of sorts. That's why JR was in a daze at the WBC during the game against Japan where he got all the anti-fans for his poor performance. So, now I think that JR's mother may have arranged for a blind date or something that JR went on, possibly without realizing what it was, and but that DB thought was JR messing around. Then, DB, thinking that JR was giving in to his mother's wishes to see someone else, decides to leave him and take their child.

Anyway, it's clear that JR didn't know about their son. JR is also clearly trying to be a good dad to his infant daughter, and that he feels some responsibility for PG. Plus, he had never really gotten over DB. Rather, it seems that DB is the one who has gotten over JR. So, now, I'm curious to know the actual story of how DB left JR.

Btw, I don't think JR is the right man for DB. Rather, YS who so clearly loves DB and is willing to be completely open about it and is proud of her is the right man for her. However, I find myself pitying JR as well.

Btw, I think YS' mother is going to come around to accepting DB as YS' partner. YS is so blunt about it, plus his mother already knows that DB is a good woman, despite having had a child out of wedlock.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Screenshot 2019-10-06 17.23.31

Cr: Netflix                                   :lol::lol::lol:   The shoe print  :lol:

Enjoy very much reading everyone's post.^^

My favorite thing about the ending is how Dong Baek has found within herself the strength to act. Tells me she has stopped viewing herself as an outcast in this small town who should just protect her interests, laying low and not get involved.  As a child, she believes that she is invisible to others and her voice is not heard.  Instead of feeling powerless and doomed with bad luck, DB took center stage, something she is uncomfortable at.  She was stern against GT while he was drunk but those were done in private.  It's good to see DB confronts injustice in the open and fights her own battle.  Deok Soon sees the similarities with her son and approved.

GT lacks respect from his wife and JR was not proud of DB when they were together. YS, on the other hand, feels proud of DB's resiliency and treats her  kindly.  I do think DB needs to start telling Pil Gu the truth about his father, she should allow the boy the choice to have a relationship with JR.   Maybe Yong Sik can help JR with his son, both wants good things for him.  I root for their manbonding.  However, at this point, I don't feel that JR is ready to make his relationship with Pil Gu public.  The man needs to grow a spine too.  I can also understand the scandal toward his image (god knows, Jessica and her followers).  

We talked a lot about the word "deserve".  What I like about the word is that it is usually earned and not passively assigned to a person.  We all have an active role in making the life that we live the way we want it to be no matter what hand we are dealt with.  We are not victims of our circumstances.  I like how hopeful it implies.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@40somethingahjumma

Yeah i get all that. But in the end he can just keep his hands to himself and not be a creep. It's rather simple.

I hate that the mom appeared. And you guys are right. She probably triggered the fire alarm. I am going to hate that even more.

The last scene at the police station so i can't be too mad.

• Like 4

Lee Sun Kyun is spotted on the set.  Cameo?! Gong Yoo is next? :D

Oh Jung-Se enjoys playing Mr Noh!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Yong Shik does have his own moments of epiphany and wise sayings.

Especially he is talking to Dong Baek.

Will try to find and gif.

• Like 9

On 10/5/2019 at 8:54 AM, Whisper2 said:

The first 6 digits found in the victim's ID shows "861224". For a Korean ID, the first 6 digits represents a person's DOB in yymmdd format.

The ID in the wallet can't belong to Dong baek's as her registered birthday is 29th August 1986.

The address on the ID I believe is in Paju.  Does anyone remember if DB ever mentioned Paju?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Lee Sun Kyun is spotted on the set.  Cameo?! Gong Yoo is next? :D

This and that will be awesome!!

I just love the way LSK walks... so at ease...

• Like 7
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I don't think JR is the right man for DB. Rather, YS who so clearly loves DB and is willing to be completely open about it and is proud of her is the right man for her. However, I find myself pitying JR as well.

To me timing plays a big part in all of this. Wrong place, wrong time = wrong man. He certainly has a lot of regrets especially because his own marriage isn't a happy one. I imagine that at the back of his mind he's wondering about what might have been. (The grass is greener on the other side etc.)

JR isn't unlikeable but at the time when DB needed him most to be decisive about their relationship, he couldn't be. And as you pointed out they don't really complement each other that well.

5 hours ago, Fabbo said:

@40somethingahjumma

Yeah i get all that. But in the end he can just keep his hands to himself and not be a creep. It's rather simple.

Not sure what you're referring to there @Fabbo. You're referring to Gyu Tae, I imagine from the sounds of things ;) . But I'm not sure what point that I made you were specifically addressing.

• Like 7

image_readtop_2019_804666_15704249723927570.jpg

When camellia flowers' was confirmed as a total of 20 episodes. (We will end with 20*2=40 episodes)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/7/2019 at 4:35 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

To me timing plays a big part in all of this. Wrong place, wrong time = wrong man. He certainly has a lot of regrets especially because his own marriage isn't a happy one. I imagine that at the back of his mind he's wondering about what might have been. (The grass is greener on the other side etc.)

JR isn't unlikeable but at the time when DB needed him most to be decisive about their relationship, he couldn't be. And as you pointed out they don't really complement each other that well.

Timing is probably a part of it. I think JR was just too immature when he was in the relationship with DB, despite the fact that he seems to have sincerely loved her. Still, he was clearly embarrassed to be public with DB when he was a rising baseball star, regardless of how he loved her. 

It seems as if JR had a lot of regrets and continued to have them for a long time based on the fact that his teammates talk about how JR goes on and on about DB whenever he's drunk. Those bouts preceded his marriage. To paraphrase JR, while all those other women may have been prettier and better off and better presented, none of them were DB.

Being in his current marriage probably highlights further how happy he had been with DB and how caring DB had been about him, versus his wife's attitudes and behavior now. Especially, now that he can see DB and his son for himself and see the contrasts in their lives. I think JR is both upset that DB isn't living better, but also a bit jealous that DB seems to be doing okay without him. And, seriously, other than not having enough money to do everything for PG that she would like to do, I think that DB is having a better, happier life than JR is.

I'm still curious to know how and why JR and DB separated though. I still think that DB left JR, and probably realizing that she was pregnant by him already. And, from what we've seen thus far of JR, no matter his level of maturity, he wouldn't have left DB or let her go if he had known that she was pregnant with his child.

It feels a bit odd to write so much about a second lead, especially when I don't have second lead syndrome in this drama. So, perhaps it is Kim Ji Seok himself who is tugging at my heartstrings a bit to have sympathy for JR? Anyway, I do hope he has a happy ending of some kind, albeit not as DB's lover.

Edited by stroppyse
got an actor's name wrong - Triplem is going to kill me
  • Like 12

Posted (edited)

I will be mad if they make JR's wife bullied DB because she finds out about DB. DB suffers enough. 

Is DB's mom really has dementia or she is faking it? Is she the one who save DB during her encounter with Joker couple year ago. I feel like she is. 

Edited by Blackend
  • Like 8

16 hours ago, chibiusa said:

When camellia flowers' was confirmed as a total of 20 episodes. (We will end with 20*2=40 episodes)

Oh so that's why there are 20 episodes on Netflix. That's good to know. I hope they won't drag it out though. 

13 hours ago, Blackend said:

Is DB's mom really has dementia or she is faking it?

I don't think she's faking it because she has the bracelet that's given to the elderly with Alzheimer's or dementia.

• Like 8

October 8, 2019

"When the Camellia Blooms" is Korea's most buzzworthy TV series

Source: KangHaNeul.org via HanCinema.net

photo1108653.jpg

"When the Camellia Blooms" tops the list of the most buzzworthy TV series in Korea!

According to data analyst Good Data Corporation's weekly monitoring report, "When the Camellia Blooms" is the most talked about TV series in news articles, social media, blogs, forums and videos. A total of 25 currently airing and upcoming TV series from September 30 to October 6 were included in this analysis. 

Furthermore, "When the Camellia Blooms"' score increased by 47 percent compared to the previous week, breaking its own record and reaching the top of the list.  

"When the Camellia Blooms", a romcom thriller that stars Gong Hyo-jin as Dong Baek and Kang Ha-neul as Yong Sik has earned favorable reviews from netizens for its excellent blend of comedy and thriller. Many are also curious about the identity of Joker, the serial killer.  

The top TV series for the week are as follows:

""When the Camellia Blooms"" (KBS 2TV) – 12.52 percent "Strangers from Hell" (OCN) – 11.98 percent  "The Tale of Nokdu" (KBS 2TV) – 11.77 percent  "Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency" (JTBC) – 10.86 percent "Vagabond" (SBS) – 9.01 percent "My Country: The New Age" (JTBC) – 7.52 percent "Extraordinary You" (MBC) – 7.24 percent "Melting Me Softly" (tvN) – 3.96 percent "Pegasus Market" (tvN) – 3.65 percent "Graceful Family" (MBN) – 2.89 percent

photo1108651.jpg
"When the Camellia Blooms" premiered on 18 September and has consistently led national viewership ratings. The TV series is aired on Wednesdays and Thursdays on KBS 2TV in Korea. New episodes are released on Netflix right after its local broadcast. 

By Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We saw HS, the repairman, in the episode 7 again. He was the one who installed the CCTV. What caught my attention was that DB's mother criticized her daughter for giving him food for free. HS is now my main suspect. 

I am wondering why he is still focused on DB. 

I was happy that the lawyer decided to support DB and gave her good advice. In my opinion, with her help, she has another reason to change.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

I love the advise Yong Shik's mom impart to Dong Baek.. very different than your usual K-Drama cliched matriarchs. She was fair and sensible. That was unexpected how Lawyer Hong is now Dong Baek's ally eheheh! I think that repair guy, Heung Shik look like a possible Joker candidate but Mr. Noh look sketchy too ; well he's dumb though but I guess his ego might drive him to do the unthinkable.

Loved how straightforward Yong Shik is! He may be a simpleton but his heart's in the right place. He's just such a lovable character really LoL. He's got a point, Jong Ryeol should let go of the past & move on. He has a new family now & they should be his priority. 

Thought it was so hot how Yong Shik hold Dong Baek close at the end to stop her from seeing that dreaded Joker message... he's a keeper alright:wub:  Ahahah Pil Goo's a massive Twice fanboy.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

WARNING: RANT

I seriously hate KJR. He is so annoying. What Yongshik said is right - KJR left DB because he have everything but YS will give up everything for DB. That is the biggest different between these two. He "blamed" DB for his behavior changes. A real jerk... Boy just forgot about his daughter? Does KJR not think about the consequence of his action? He is currently married, a father, and a celebrity, if Jessica finds out about Dongbaek and Pil-Goo, with her personality I don't think she will stay quiet. Why he acts like he entitle to Pil-Goo because he is his son? Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad. What can he make everything right for DB and Pil-Goo when he can't control his currently marriage. 

What makes my hate him the most is when he told Yong Shik to stop liking DB because Yong Shik pity her or why YS like a single mom..

JOKER - Suspect

--- The repair dude. The Joker know where the CCTV is at and he was the one who installed it. 

--- Mr. Noh is suspicious too. His clumsy personality might throw we off but most murderers aren't they seems to be. 

--- Joker is must be someone we already see. He can't be someone we haven't see.

What confuse me the most is that Dongbaek isn't the joke of the town anymore. I mean she is not bullied as usual. She changes, she will stand for herself. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I was happy that the lawyer decided to support DB and gave her good advice

SAME! The woman in me was cheering when she offered her services as lawyer. YES QUEENS! *in Jonathan Van Ness voice* I was a little wary at first like what if she betrays Dong Baek? "Oh no, did she erase everything in Dong Baek's ledger? Could it be true that everything is scanned in the USB?" I think nothing like that happened though right? 

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

She was fair and sensible.

True. She wasn't being the usual mom villain in kdrama who doesn't like the woman her son likes just because. I felt for Ms. Kwak when she said, "How can I let him choose that path?" And true enough, the complications that Yong Sik needs to face for dating a single mother were shown in this series. Yong Sik wouldn't have to go through all that if he's dating a single woman. But well, I believe true love will prevail in the end and Ms. Kwak will eventually accept her later. Also, you know Ms. Kwak's a good person because she gave Dong Baek good advice as if she is her own daughter. An advice such as "Take it slowly" or "Don't rush into things" seems sensible enough especially coming from a person who doesn't want her son to date you.

As everyone in this forum, I love Yong Sik's straightforward and pure heart. However, for some reason, I felt sad for him in this episode.

He kept on saying he'd lay everything on the line for Dong Baek. He told JR as much.

He'll give up everything for Dong Baek when JR left her to have everything.

Yong Sik then told Dong Baek he'll do everything for her.

He'd make her happy everyday.

He'll grant all her wishes.

He'd be the easy guy for her.

He keeps on repeating these things and so I felt he's going to be the one who'll be hurt the most later on, like a big break-up's going to come when reality hits hard. Instead of feeling giddy over his pronouncements, I felt really pained. It seems like putting Dong Baek first will truly hurt him. While it's good to have a man go all-out with his feelings like Yong Sik did, his confessions are bordering a little on having less love and care for himself, which won't be good for him.

ALTHOUGH I agree with this too:

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Thought it was so hot how Yong Shik hold Dong Baek close at the end to stop her from seeing that dreaded Joker message...

IT WAS HOT. :lol::love:

• Like 4
  • Love 2