Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Golden Garden, 황금정원

OK, so I'm following this drama. The long wait between episodes, especially in being subbed, is causing me to lose interest. It's taking way too long for secrets to be revealed - I'm not "chomping at the bits" with excitement.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

OK, so I'm following this drama. The long wait between episodes, especially in being subbed, is causing me to lose interest. It's taking way too long for secrets to be revealed - I'm not "chomping at the bits" with excitement.

Yes. Me too. I have been watching this drama because of LSW actor, his acting is cute.  I seldom watched his drama except "Happy Home"...This drama genre is nothing about excitement or thriller, it's only tied us to a curiosity mode...more on secret revealing, a typical Kdrama...the only thing is why the birth mum (villain role) wanted to abandon her real daughter, what was her real reason behind....still unknown yet.....this drama can drag till EP 50 according to source. :w00t:

If you wish to watch thriller, suspense, crime/spy story genre, perhaps you can watch "Stranger from hell" and "Vagabond" if these two are your cup of tea :D. Just suggest only.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

the only thing is why the birth mum (villain role) wanted to abandon her real daughter, what was her real reason behind....still unknown yet.

I thought Nam Hee is not EDJ birth mom but rather her step mom. After EDJ's father passed away,  she has no reason to take care of EDJ and thus abandoned her. Nam Hee's bio daughter is Sabrina. That is the way I understood from this drama. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rikimaiu said:

I thought Nam Hee is not EDJ birth mom but rather her step mom. After EDJ's father passed away,  she has no reason to take care of EDJ and thus abandoned her. Nam Hee's bio daughter is Sabrina. That is the way I understood from this drama. 

It is also that I understood.

Ratings

MBC’s “Golden Garden” scored average ratings of 6.0 percent, 8.8 percent, and 9.1 percent for the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1353974wpp/vagabond-pulls-no-1-ratings-for-2nd-episode-arthdal-chronicles-and-mother-of-mine-gear-up-for-their-finales

Stillls

2019092117514792151-540x540.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/2019092149794

l_2019092202000930900189851.jpg

http://sports.khan.co.kr/sports/sk_index.html?art_id=201909221200003&sec_id=540201

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

Thanks for sharing :D but I don't understand why got to do with Jin Nam-Hee? Nam hee is the President of the company whose son is Choi Joon-Ki. Which EP that I missed out the details?

Are you referring to Shin Nan-Sook, mother of Sabrina?

If Sabrina is Shin Nan-Sook bio daughter during her high school days when she got pregnant, then EDJ is her step daughter , her father was a doctor before he passed away?....is there any linked to Cha Pil-Seung's grandma and Jin Nam-Hee? The story have not fully reveal the secret yet among all the characters involved in the past...but i think it will be ending soon.:lol:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

Thanks for sharing :D but I don't understand why got to do with Jin Nam-Hee? Nam hee is the President of the company whose son is Choi Joon-Ki. Which EP that I missed out the details?

LOL. I got the name mixed up. Thanks for the correction. I meant Shin Nan Sook and not Nam Hee as Sabrina's mother. 

49 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

If Sabrina is Shin Nan-Sook bio daughter during her high school days when she got pregnant, then EDJ is her step daughter , her father was a doctor before he passed away?....is there any linked to Cha Pil-Seung's grandma and Jin Nam-Hee? The story have not fully reveal the secret yet among all the characters involved in the past...but i think it will be ending soon.:lol:

If I am not mistaken, EDJ's father is not a doctor but a patient in the hospital set up by Nam Hee. Cha Pil Seung's father (grandma's son) is the doctor/professor who was appointed by Nam Hee to run it. That is how they knew each other. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

is why the birth mum (villain role) wanted to abandon her real daughter, what was her real reason behind....still unknown yet.....this drama can drag till EP 50 according to source. :w00t:

5 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Ok all of you are getting me confuse now.

1. Jin Nam Hee is the chairwoman mother of Choi Joon Ki

2.Sabina's mom is Shin Nan Sook that evil woman who is also the real Eun Dong Joo's stepmom. We do not know about EDJ's birth mom she probably died giving birth to EDJ.

3. Cha Pil Seung's father is the doctor not EDJ dad. EDJ's dad was a patient and Dr Cha  treated him for MS. 

I hope i got that all right.

Anyway great episode 19 and 20. I love the way EDJ stood up to Sabina especially the way she told her off about how SNS lied about the drawings, bravo!! Clap clap clap for Sabina her wall is starting to crumble, JK is beginning to doubt her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I think I'm going to stop watching until episode 56 since they decided to stretch it out by 60 episodes. The most extension I would have been able to tolerate would have been four episodes to clear up and tie up the Loose Ends, but I'm no longer willing to watch Shanook in Sabina gets away with everything every week I am truly perturbed. I might would have stuck around  if  Eun Dong had 100% Clear Proof  that she  is the true Eun Dong and confronted everyone with new unnecessary extended episodes dealing with the fallout. You won't see me again to the week of October 26th.

But to clear up any confusion, Eun Dong's was abandoned by her stepmother so her biological daughter Sabina could take her name and receive her inheritance. Sabina received the inheritance and spent it all. The day of the car crash after the Golden Garden, Sabina caused it because she was acting crazy because she was going to make her live with another relative. Her husband did not know about Sabina and she had just married Eun Dong's father. Shanook will have to pay Sabinas cause of the policeman's accident, identity theft, theft, false imprisonment (Eum Beom's dad), attempted murder (Eum Beom's dad and Eun Dong), falsification of documents, intimidation, extortion, etc.

• Like 3

I've watched through episode 44 & things are starting to be revealed. Still, I'm not impressed - I was excited at the beginning though. Now Sabina has told EDJ that they are blood sisters & and she has been haunted by not acknowledging her as such. Shin Nan Sook told our ML that she did kill his parents in a hit & run, but there was nothing he could do about it because of the Statute of Limitations. So nothing gained.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

Now Sabina has told EDJ that they are blood sisters & and she has been haunted by not acknowledging her as such. Shin Nan Sook told our ML that she did kill his parents in a hit & run, but there was nothing he could do about it because of the Statute of Limitations. So nothing gained.

Sabina and her mom will keep on telling lies after lies to save themselves. I can't believe that EDJ almost fall for Sabina's lies, she should have wisen up after last week's episode smh. 

I really feel sorry for JK, after seeing him with Sarang and Mid Eum i can see that he is good man and doesn't deserved to be involve with Sabina. 

Ok now the chairwoman has found out that Sabina is Mid Eum's mom...clap clap clap. From next week's preview seems like another bomb will drop on Sabina. 

• Like 2

I loved ep 22/44.  What will happen now that MIL knows Sabina had a child before and that its ME? 

There is only one good  thing I say about Sabina and her mom...they are swift thinkers.  Despite that setup to break DJ and PS at grandma's house. I think it will work against them.

I really need DJ to be faster at catching onto Sabina and co shenanigans cuz once she stops panicking and starts thinking she always throws them off guard and they let some tidbit free

• Like 2

“Vagabond” + “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” Lead Weekend Dramas As “Golden Garden” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

Oct 6, 2019
by E. Cha
897ff6ec67e74266aec8052579c7a7ab.jpeg?s=

MBC’s “Golden Garden” is on the rise!

According to Nielsen Korea, the October 5 episode of the mystery romance drama achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. The latest broadcast of “Golden Garden” scored average nationwide ratings of 6.6 percent, 9.3 percent, and 9.6 percent for its three parts, peaking at 10.2 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1357035wpp/vagabond-beautiful-love-wonderful-life-lead-weekend-dramas-as-golden-garden-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet
  • Like 2

Well not one bomb but 2 bombs drop on Sabina lol  First, the chairwoman insisted on an annulment for JK and Sabina's marriage but Sabina's pregnancy could hold things back. Now the evil mom is using the baby to plan her return at I & K and she is going after the shares that EJS left to EDJ. Second, the chairwoman found out that SNS caused the accident that killed Dr Cha haha great episodes 46-48.

I believe Sabina is breaking down her and her weakness is JK. Looks like in coming episodes JK gets more reveal on SNS's crime.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Beautiful episodes. The best is that Dong Joo knew for the fact her own identity. She even going to test her DNA with Sabina's to make sure they are not sisters.

Shin Nan Sook herself make her own confession that she was the one who killed Professor Cha in front of the very person she did not want the truth to be known. Chinese has a saying "that a ghost had hit her on the back of her head to make her speak the truth". Great whack from Grandmother on her.

It did not go too well on Joon Ki that the mother and daughter had lied to him that he indeed had killed a man. I think that is the turning point. Shin Nan Sook seemed to think she is doing everything in her daughter's interest but I believe she is using everyone for her own benefit.

• Like 3

“My Country” And “Golden Garden” Both Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

Oct 13, 2019
by E. Cha

cdc6b5095c5d4579828e613eded3a803.jpeg?s=

MBC’s “Golden Garden” also saw a rise in its viewership with its latest broadcast. The October 12 episode of the mystery romance drama scored average nationwide ratings of 6.3 percent, 9.9 percent, 9.7 percent, and 10.4 percent, marking a new personal best for the series.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1358592wpp/my-country-and-golden-garden-achieve-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 2

When Shin Nan Suk flushed the document and photo down the toilet I didn't believe that was the end of it and rightfully so Pil Seung call with the good news lol this is the 21st century most of the big companies now store their documents in microfilms to save on storage space. 

Looks like more reveal for the chairwoman in next week's episodes.

• Like 5

although some people said this drama is boring , i still watching it coz i like the lead actors . i will always watch Han ji hye drama and also Lee Sang Woo :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 1