[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

I cant remember which of you girls commented about Lord Thunder's vein popping up whenever he's getting mad, but seriously

LMAO!  :joy:  

I think we should make him an overall tribute with his scenes so to pay our respects to that popping vein! 

Speaking of Lord of Thunder, i have to say that i liked his character, he's walking in gray zone during the story, but it's hinted in lines that he would never put his personal ambitions and grudges, above his obligation to do the right thing. He has ambitions, he was longing to take over the God Of War's position, but ok personal ambitions are not a sin.

Especially when it comes to that "faithful" soldier of his, who always have a bad word for JC, Lord of Thunder always puts him on his place, reminding him that he only sticks to the rules and nothing more.

Ok, he's always a grouchy uncle, he can't stand any lovey dovey stuff (maybe he should get laid a bit lol)

but especially when JC begged him to wait and search no more, by promising him he would thank him later, Lord of Thunder yelled at JC saying angrily: "I don't need you to bow in front of me!!!!"

I like him. He's balancing perfectly the part when JC and Heavenly Lord were risking many things by trying to save LX's soul. I think he is much needed playing exactly that part and expressing that point of view in the whole series.

(also i saw a bts video where he was dancing latin style in front of JC and LX and i cried my eyes out from laughter)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

I cant remember which of you girls commented about Lord Thunder's vein popping up whenever he's getting mad, but seriously

LMAO!  :joy:  

I think we should make him an overall tribute with his scenes so to pay our respects to that popping vein! 

Speaking of Lord of Thunder, i have to say that i liked his character, he's walking in gray zone during the story, but it's hinted in lines that he would never put his personal ambitions and grudges, above his obligation to do the right thing. He has ambitions, he was longing to take over the God Of War's position, but ok personal ambitions are not a sin.

Especially when it comes to that "faithful" soldier of his, who always have a bad word for JC, Lord of Thunder always puts him on his place, reminding him that he only sticks to the rules and nothing more.

Ok, he's always a grouchy uncle, he can't stand any lovey dovey stuff (maybe he should get laid a bit lol)

but especially when JC begged him to wait and search no more, by promising him he would thank him later, Lord of Thunder yelled at JC saying angrily: "I don't need you to bow in front of me!!!!"

I like him. He's balancing perfectly the part when JC and Heavenly Lord were risking many things by trying to save LX's soul. I think he is much needed playing exactly that part and expressing that point of view in the whole series.

(also i saw a bts video where he was dancing latin style in front of JC and LX and i cried my eyes out from laughter)

Did you see the part with YT, I swear he grab the back of his neck like he about to stroke out.

He is such a stickler. He just see thing as black and white. Even though he wanted GoW position he doesn’t use dirty trick. If he suspect something he dig it out. He held a grudge against JC and with Yuan family he want to help them because he thought JC was at wrong. After the truth revealed I feel like he respects JC a lot and probably secretly admired him too. He’s probably one of JC fanboy too. At the reunion scene he too busy looking at JC to make way for LX lol. 

9 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

Everyone I have a huge favor to ask. Can someone please make a gif or post one of JC wishing LX happiness and peace in sign language? I don’t know why, something about that scene is really touching and the way he look :love::love::love:

please and thank you!  :heart:

p13063797.jpg

p13063499.jpg

2 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

A man with such nice bone structure face, and with that hair, he made him look like a monkey with a hair bun!

Though he overcame that too with his hotness!

Such a beautiful scene.  The look in his eyes ...

AfMbtzd.jpg

7 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

Did you see the part with YT, I swear he grab the back of his neck like he about to stroke out.

He is such a stickler. He just see thing as black and white. Even though he wanted GoW position he doesn’t use dirty trick. If he suspect something he dig it out. He held a grudge against JC and with Yuan family he want to help them because he thought JC was at wrong. After the truth revealed I feel like he respects JC a lot and probably secretly admired him too. He’s probably one of JC fanboy too. At the reunion scene he too busy looking at JC to make way for LX lol. 

Yup the actor is so into it.  I really thought he was going to have a stroke. 

I really like the later part where JC give him the tip on how to withstand the thunder strike so he can become the GOW.

8 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

How i wish we had some translated bts videos!

Especially this one and the other bts when bed scene was shooted! He was complaining about something she did to him and laughing all along! i want a translation soooooooo badly!

:bawling:

There it is: 1:39 min he says something i cant figure out!

That part is very difficult to translation.  Literally translation is "if continue kissing, it'll not be fun?"  It can either interpret as they can get too carry away or it become awkward.

Translation for the rest in spoiler.

Ni Ni: Ge, have you seen it? The scene we have to do? 

CC: It’s very hard on you.

NI Ni: No, who do I act with? I’ve to act with Jing Xiu.

CC: … Je will act for you to see

Ni Ni: Brother Xiu hug, hug

Assistant: Xing Xi laughing and kissing him.

Ni Ni: It’s really question Ling Xi’s intelligent, she drinks the wine that made from the knotweed’s hair (Hua Liao?).  The knotweed head is not really good, so drink the wine made from her hair is also making my head not good.  I’ve never seen anything like this in my life.  Ge, I’m counting on you.

Ni Ni:  Am I being an annoyance?

Director:  no, very cute.

Ni Ni: Okay I trust you.

Director: Your kisses positions are wrong

Ni Ni:  Sorry

CC: It wouldn’t be fun if continue kissing.

CC:  Why are climbing up? Are you fainting/dizzy?  Are you so drunk that you’re fainting?

@fivebowls and @skibbies I actually understand the need for dubbing.  I just have the tendency to rant incessantly since dubbing is my biggest pet peeve.

Most of the time I found dubbing to be too polished and everyone sound very mechanically and have less of the spontaneous feel to it.  I also don’t think the actors/ actresses’ voice should be dub at all, so what if there’s accent in their Mandarin or they use their dialect in the conversation.  It's what make them unique and differentiate the various regions of China rather than letting the audiences assume that's how everyone speak in China.  Only C-drama dub their actors/ actresses voices out of other countries tv series I've ever watch. 

End of rant 

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

That part is very difficult to translation.  Literally translation is "if continue kissing, it'll not be fun?"  It can either interpret as they can get too carry away or it become awkward.

Translation for the rest in spoiler.

Hide contents

Ni Ni: Ge, have you seen it? The scene we have to do? 

CC: It’s very hard on you.

NI Ni: No, who do I act with? I’ve to act with Jing Xiu.

CC: … Je will act for you to see

Ni Ni: Brother Xiu hug, hug

Assistant: Xing Xi laughing and kissing him.

Ni Ni: It’s really question Ling Xi’s intelligent, she drinks the wine that made from the knotweed’s hair (Hua Liao?).  The knotweed head is not really good, so drink the wine made from her hair is also making my head not good.  I’ve never seen anything like this in my life.  Ge, I’m counting on you.

Ni Ni:  Am I being an annoyance?

Director:  no, very cute.

Ni Ni: Okay I trust you.

Director: Your kisses positions are wrong

Ni Ni:  Sorry

CC: It wouldn’t be fun if continue kissing.

CC:  Why are climbing up? Are you fainting/dizzy?  Are you so drunk that you’re fainting?

hahahahhah thanks a lot!

So CC didnt want anymore kissing ha? poor guy! :joy:

hahahahhah thanks a lot!

No no, he meant, just kissing like that is not fun lol. He wanted to have other moves, if you know what I mean, *winks winks* Just kissing is too tame for him. 

You know, I just realised something. In the interview, the script writer said "Chang Chen leaves the audience wanting more". Omg, It's true, we are all here because we want more of him, of Ni Ni and their story.

@springfiry can I do a shameless self promo? 

https://possitivelypricklycactus.tumblr.com/post/187756989656/an-au-plot-bunny

I didn't write per se, I made a plot bunny but it has plenty of photos. Come take a look if you want

1 hour ago, Positively prickly cactus said:

No no, he meant, just kissing like that is not fun lol. He wanted to have other moves, if you know what I mean, *winks winks* Just kissing is too tame for him. 

You know, I just realised something. In the interview, the script writer said "Chang Chen leaves the audience wanting more". Omg, It's true, we are all here because we want more of him, of Ni Ni and their story.

@springfiry can I do a shameless self promo? 

I didn't write per se, I made a plot bunny but it has plenty of photos. Come take a look if you want

You 're right! Its for the pecks ! Its indeed a bit awkward, but ok she's drunk and getting silly! :joy:

hahahahhah thanks a lot!

NiNi started kissing on his left cheek and then right cheek. The director wanted her to start kiss on his forehead first and then the nose and then left and right cheek. She told NiNi that she got it wrong and then CC said kissing too many times makes it less fun that's why NiNi keep saying she's sorry.

2 hours ago, Positively prickly cactus said:

Omg, It's true, we are all here because we want more of him, of Ni Ni and their story.

FACT.

My god, woman, you’re brilliant!!!!  I LOVE IT!!!!  More, pretty please????

And damn you, too, because i now love the actor!!!!:) I tried to just focus on the character but you made me lose it.:D

6 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Yup the actor is so into it.  I really thought he was going to have a stroke. 

I really like the later part where JC give him the tip on how to withstand the thunder strike so he can become the GOW.

What episode was that when JC gave him advice ?  I must have missed that.

On 9/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, zijinini said:

I can see your point but I don't agree with you. I don't think they need a serious conversation because they don't have a serious problem and both of them know it clearly. Both of them know that all they need is giving some time to LX. LX never broke up with JC. She just said to him she needs a little time to clear her mind after all the mess she's a little tired. She said it very clearly all she needs is some time because of the problem of herself not because of him. Those "you killed me twice" or "you are old" are all her making fun of him. The conversation of ep54 shows BOTH of them are making fun of each other, they are seriously joking around like an old couple. During the conversation JC is making fun of her several times. I think the translation made their conversation less fun and a little not to the point. These two are seriously making fun of each other.

I personally love their conversation in ep54 it's so halarious and well written and shows how deep the two love each other. It's one of my favorite scenes.

Agree! One of LX’s biggest strength is - when bad things happen, she doesn’t blame anyone or get angry and hold grudges. For example when her dad Le Bo (in ep 21)... she doesn’t want revenge against YT. She laments why and she feels sad, but she doesn’t let anger control her. As Amo, she also has the same characteristic/core strength, that’s why she can overcome the 1st trial. If she had held on to anger and hatred, she would have been turned into a demon - easily controlled by the demon lord. I think that’s one of the traits that JC love most about her - her kindness and her mental clarity. 

Speaking of which, she’s one of the first few Female leads in an Asian drama that doesn’t blame herself when things go south. “Oh it’s me, if I didn’t do this, then that will happen” is very common and annoying. For example, when old madam Yuan killed herself, she felt sad about it, but she told JC - yes I know it’s not my fault, it’s just really sad things ended this way 

I have to admit, I am still learning to Not Think like that anymore. So I really appreciate having a strong confident lead. Although she may not be powerful and can kick richard simmons, she is mentally tough and emotionally warm and loving. The more times I rewatch this show, the more I see why JC falls for her. 

I heart this OTP. This is the first time I’m actually commenting and following forums for a show. The last show I watched that impacted me so badly was TROP, but even so I never leave comments. TROP’s sad ending messed me up for weeks. I’m glad LOve and destiny has a happy ending. It’s totally what I needed. I don’t know how Pillow Book will top this. I don’t think the characters have that much depth as compared to lX and JC and QY. This is even though I love the book and have read it several times. (^_^)

Hey there all members! I'm new to this forum but I have follow all the talks about Love and Destiny in the forum and decide to also join the chat. I've watched all the episodes and right now having A HUGE withdrawal from it :joy: Really... can't get enough of Jiu Chen and Ling Xi! Never had I been so into drama like I LOVE this drama very much!! It's well written and the feel in the drama is very deep that leave you wanting for more and more. Especially the main lead. Sign me up for Chang Chen and Ni Ni fanclub! Their acting are very good, no great, no, it's SUPERB! The raw emotion that the actor display is surreal, like it's their life itself. Then the love story... It's sweet, it's deep, it's mature, it's cute, it's the one of love that I would like to experience myself :heart: REALLY LOVE IT!! :love:

I write fanfiction story for other story, and I decide to make one for this too. If you want to read the story, I will put it under the spoiler. It's not finished yet and I will post the continuation if anybody is interested on reading the story. It's a story after eps 60. Long Live Love and Destiny!! :lol:

Spoiler

English is not my mother language. Sorry for any gramatical mistakes. May you enjoy this little story :grin:

Jiu Chen, Ling Xi and Nian’er. The family of three walked hand in hand serenely to Cong Ji Yuan, while the main gate closed behind them as if not wanting for the outsider to intrude the long overdue reunion between father and daughter, husband and wife. Wu Wan followed closely behind the three, wagged his tail happily because his master had come home. 

The closing main gate indicated an end to a chapter of Jiu Chen and Ling Xi’s part of life. And another chapter would begin within the next second.

Seated in the chair of Cong Ji Yuan’s hall, Jiu Chen took Nian’er on his lap and Ling Xi took a seat beside the man. 

“Mother,” Nian’er called Ling Xi, “is he really my father?”

“What do you think?” Ling Xi peek a glance at Jiu Chen to asses his reaction. “Do you want him to be your father?”

Nian’er looked at the man that she met only a few minutes ago. At the main gate, she had asked him if he was her father or not, and he told her that he was. The man was nice and he could lift and carry her in one arm. She liked strong man. Then again there’s this feeling that made her wanted to be hugged and cuddled in his embrace. She gazed directly to Jiu Chen’s eyes and nodded. “I want you to be my father. Will you become one?”

From the moment Jiu Chen saw Nian’er played in Chong Ji Yuan’s yard, he was absolutely sure that she was his and Ling Xi’s. And one thing he's for sure also, he would do anything to make his daughter happy. Nian’er had no idea that she had the God of War, a High God and the third of the strongest and powerful god in Six Realms, right in the palm of her little hand. Jiu Chen gave his daughter a soft little smile. “Of course I do. No one will be your father except me.” 

Nian’er circled her arms around Jiu Chen’s neck and happily called him, “Father!”

An indescribable feelings of warmth and happiness emerged inside Jiu Chen. He hugged Nian’er tenderly and caressed his daughter back head. “Yes.”

“Welcome home!”

“I’m home…”

Ling Xi smiled of the scene between Nian’er and Jiu Chen. Since Nian’er birth, she had imagined this scene hundreds of time of how it would unfold. Seeing with her own eyes now, it was nothing like when she imagined it before. Her teary eyes couldn’t hold back the tears anymore and one lone tear cascaded on her cheek. She wiped it off immediately though. Then a wide smile adorned her beautiful face to show how happy she was. 

Jiu Chen turned to look at Ling Xi and he pulled Ling Xi into the hug. The beginning of their story as family had officially started then.

7 hours ago, zijinini said:

NiNi started kissing on his left cheek and then right cheek. The director wanted her to start kiss on his forehead first and then the nose and then left and right cheek. She told NiNi that she got it wrong and then CC said kissing too many times makes it less fun that's why NiNi keep saying she's sorry.

Yeap that makes sense!   He is not much used in being in cheesy sweet scenes, he is portraying a more aggressive kind of male sexy idol in his works, with much more lusty scenes

that naughty b@rd! He clearly wanted to kill us!

:joy:

Archived