Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her father was from the 'Dan Niao' tribe. Dan means  Crimson/Vermilion/Red and Niao means bird, so literally, Crimson Bird. The ancient chinese have used the phrase Dan Niao to also refer to the phoen

Sadly no subs.I am watching it raw and heard Viki did got the rights but Croton media cancelled it(I am not sure and if it's true then I don't get it why did they do this SMH!).On YouTube I saw one pe

Drama Trivial : Did you know...? That things aren't always what they appear to be? At least, not just one dimensional, nor just one meaning. There are nuances, symbolism and cultural/religious re

So far I’m liking episode 51 and future episodes because it give the two lead time and space to settle their feeling. Be it simmer down or be it process. The LX created that space for both to think it through which is much needed. Now as viewer we want more happy moments, but it the more we wait the sweeter those moment will be. 

• Like 1

OMG I laugh so hard listening NiNi speaking Nanjing dialect. I found this Chinese GPS navigation Ni Ni audio version. She speaks mandarin and Nanjing dialect and you can select which version you want when you drive. The following is a small part of her navigation audio. Before 14s is mandarin and after 14s is her speaking Nanjing dialect. OMG I can't stop laughing.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/I7khp0i0A?fid=1034:4417462385726172

• Like 1
14 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

While the scene is cheesy but what transpired doesn’t seem out of place, may be you’re looking for some overdramatic acting such as yelling and crying that’s typical play out in other series. I found what transpired is very much line with JC and LX character.  I think they both are very rational people and for LX to meet and have a conversation with JC mean she’s no longer angry at him; she forgives and understands his action.  

However if the scene plays out with the yelling and the crying, I as the audience is going to say LX is being overdramatic and ungrateful.  And she doesn’t deserve all of his sacrifices. The man almost dies saving her life and not only did she not visited him after she came back, she freaking ran away not one but twice without saying anything to him.  Sure you died twice but it’s not like he enjoyed it or it’s easy on him.  And when she does meet him, what the heck did she do, throw a tantrum about how he killed her 2 times.  What the damn hell, she does not deserve to be alive then and need to get slap a few times. 

So a calm and light conversation invokes less anger from the audiences or at least from me.

So for those who actually speak the language, does the "cheesiness" of the lines come off as cheesy or just right? Sometimes we do loose something in the translation or it comes off as something else...I don't know if that makes sense...still, its one of my favorite scenes. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Flor123 said:

So for those who actually speak the language, does the "cheesiness" of the lines come off as cheesy or just right? Sometimes we do loose something in the translation or it comes off as something else...I don't know if that makes sense...still, its one of my favorite scenes. 

I think there was a BTS here where they were both cringing, and laughing over the cheesiness of the lines, so yes I think it was cheesy in all languages. Hahah

Found it. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, zijinini said:

OMG I laugh so hard listening NiNi speaking Nanjing dialect. I found this Chinese GPS navigation Ni Ni audio version. She speaks mandarin and Nanjing dialect and you can select which version you want when you drive. The following is a small part of her navigation audio. Before 14s is mandarin and after 14s is her speaking Nanjing dialect. OMG I can't stop laughing.

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/I7khp0i0A?fid=1034:4417462385726172

Now I want to hear more of the differences dialects.  Why the hell did c-drama not including this in their tv series or movies?  Every freaking country let the actors/ actresses bring in their own unique voices to their role but only c-drama series dub their actors/ actresses voice.  I love the unique of differences dialect.  

Yes, it's very cheesy but there's sweetness in it too.

14 hours ago, Flor123 said:

The lines are cheesy, but their natural acting makes it sweet/believable rather than cringy.  I can’t say enough good things about their acting.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Now I want to hear more of the differences dialects.  Why the hell did c-drama not including this in their tv series or movies?  Every freaking country let the actors/ actresses bring in their own unique voices to their role but only c-drama series dub their actors/ actresses voice.  I love the unique of differences dialect.  

I think in modern dramas, there should be less need to dub.  In a historical or fantasy drama, it would be odd to hear certain accents among characters that speak “standard” Mandarin.  It would be like hearing a British character in a Jane Austen period drama speaking with an America southern accent.  AvenueX has a video of an interview with a director, who complanined that many actors/actresses now aren’t properly trained and can’t deliver their lines so have to be dubbed or the drama would be ruined.  Now that’s not right.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Accents show up in movies. Most cmovies are original voices, dubbed ones are very rare and usually mocked, UNLESS it's with a HK actor who can't act in Mandarin. Accents in general seem to bother Chinese audience, and costume dramas dub their actors so that it wouldn't pull people out of the drama. (Okay, Ni Ni is likely more due to her voice not fitting Ling Xi) There's also noise pollution problem and recording live is more expensive, dubbing actors dub faster etc. Different accents also show up in donghua/chinese animated shows, usually for comedic purposes.

Dialects don't because often you can't actually communicate across dialects, you essentially need a bilingual person, and in that case, why isn't your character speaking the same dialect? IRL, you do sometimes get someone older speaking dialect, and someone younger might not be confident or very good at it speaking Mandarin, usually it still strike people as somewhat odd, more often than not, people will just switch to Mandarin. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!! 

Just finished the show.. I literally fast forwarded anything not JiuChen and LingXi.

Their chemistry is off the charts. I don't find Chang Chen too old at all, and in fact I prefer it that way since being the 3rd most high ranking god in the heavens, he must be someone who comes with lots of experience and not some pretty boy that will fly away each time the god of thunder bellows. Love how reliable and patient JC is with LX. The deep deep love he has for her and the slow thawing of his heart towards her. 

Besides the withdrawal symptoms I have, I also wished for a longer happy ending? Like how did JC get out? Not this shortcut 300 years later and boom he is back.

I am all for the fanfics. Please sign me up!

P.s - I resurrected my years old account for this . 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Positively prickly cactus said:

I think there was a BTS here where they were both cringing, and laughing over the cheesiness of the lines, so yes I think it was cheesy in all languages. Hahah

Found it. 

These videos are always fun to watch and I love Ni Ni's laugh...too bad they dubbed over her actual voice...

• Like 2
8 hours ago, springfiry said:

Hi everyone!! 

Just finished the show.. I literally fast forwarded anything not JiuChen and LingXi.

Their chemistry is off the charts. I don't find Chang Chen too old at all, and in fact I prefer it that way since being the 3 most high ranking god in the heavens must be someone who comes with lots of experience and not some pretty boy that will fly away everytime the god of thunder shouts. Love how reliable and patient JC is with LX. The deep deep love he has for her and the slow thawing of his heart towards her. 

Besides the withdrawal symptoms I have, I also wished for a longer happy ending? Like how did JC get out? Not this shortcut 300 years later and boom he is back.

I am all for the fanfics. Please sign me up!

P.s - I resurrected my years old account for this . 

Springfiry, I totally agree with you on the Ending. This Drama would have been more Impactful, if only they have shown JC's struggles to vanguish his nemesis in order to return to LingXi.

But I still believe they should have given JC a better Hairstyle & Costumes - not to make him younger, but to make him looks matured but dashing. A 3rd most senior ranking god need not necessarily be old. Why - even the costumes of his generals look better than his. How can?  And how can a God of War fight effectively (even with all his Supernatural Power) with the Wide Waist Band & Outer Coat (or whatever one calls it):rolleyes:

• Like 2

These videos are always fun to watch and I love Ni Ni's laugh...too bad they dubbed over her actual voice...

How i wish we had some translated bts videos!

Especially this one and the other bts when bed scene was shooted! He was complaining about something she did to him and laughing all along! i want a translation soooooooo badly!

:bawling:

There it is: 1:39 min he says something i cant figure out!