[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

Sorry my Mandarin is not good enough to understand every detail....can someone kindly explain what exactly is Qingyao's crime? The concoction she made - it wasn't her who gave it to the heavenly soldiers. 

The music/songs used in the show are awesome - super duper romantic. 

I wished they tilted the balance between the arcs - Arcs 1 and 2 were too long; arc 3 was too rushed!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, doodbug said:

Sorry my Mandarin is not good enough to understand every detail....can someone kindly explain what exactly is Qingyao's crime? The concoction she made - it wasn't her who gave it to the heavenly soldiers. 

I wished they tilted the balance between the arcs - Arcs 1 and 2 were too long; arc 3 was too rushed!

Qing Yao just use sedative to knock out the guards, but Yuan Tong took that opportunity to kill the guards then frame Qing Yao. So Qing Yao got charge for killing and help Ling Xi escape. 

I agrees with you that the arcs need a to be balanced a bit more. Arcs 2 is the longest, but I enjoy it the most because it’s has so many funny and sweet moments.

1 minute ago, doodbug said:

Thanks! The part I didn't really get - was Qingyao's name ever cleared? After all, she didn't kill and she was framed. 

Yes! I think right after JC start his plan to save LX he expose YT right away. But Qing Yao still got punished for helping LX escape (a light punishment I think because she still work in the Heavenly Palace medicine room).

7 minutes ago, doodbug said:

Oh dear the punishment seemed very heavy considering Qingyao was physically punished, and had some powers removed; plus Yun Feng was a statue for (nearly) 1,000 years. 

Oh that part I don’t know. I haven’t got to that part with sub. I want to know why YF got turn into a statue too.

Somehow, I get the impression Qingyao and Yun Feng weren't fairly treated....would be grateful if someone who has watched the whole show can share what exactly happened. 

The actress who played Qingyao is very pretty and certainly has the ethereal look.

Also, in the 3rd arc, it wasn't entirely clear to me whether LX knew the full extent of what JC did for her in her 1st and 2nd 'lives'. 

On 8/30/2019 at 9:20 AM, Positively prickly cactus said:

Guys, I have something amazing to add. You know in the bed scene, mid action, she said "let's get married" right? Which cues a reaction shot from him that confused me a little. But I have been deep diving in Chinese fandom, and somebody there, some-very smart-body, slowed down the frame rate, read her lips and apparently the line is "let's lay an egg together". They just dubbed it in differently. So the reaction shot makes sense. And they were talking about laying egg in the Peach forest. And earlier in the bed scene, JC already got a confirmation from her that she would marry him. Why would she said it again mid-kiss. LOL I love how bold LX is. 

Oh, in Douban, they either called it the "egg laying" scene or the "crushing the galaxy" scene. 

They also did a bit of detective works and quickly concluded that in the family photo, there is hint that LX is pregnant again. 

https://niniaday.tumblr.com/post/187270039386

Edit to add the family photo link

OMG! I always thought the look he gave her was 'cuz he was taking her "lets get married" as a "lets just for it..." because she jumped right on him. Would never have occurred to me to slow down a scene in order to read lips and verify what was said. Very interesting...

1 hour ago, doodbug said:

1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

Qing Yao just use sedative to knock out the guards, but Yuan Tong took that opportunity to kill the guards then frame Qing Yao. So Qing Yao got charge for killing and help Ling Xi escape. 

I agrees with you that the arcs need a to be balanced a bit more. Arcs 2 is the longest, but I enjoy it the most because it’s has so many funny and sweet moments.

JC cleared QY's name in the main hall before heveanly emperor by saying YT was actually the person who killed those guards. So QY didn't get punishment for that crime.  YT got punished by locked into that demon tower. This is in the first arc.

Later in the second arc both QY and his junior bother wanted to kill YT beause she killed their master/LX's father. The junior brother first went to fight with YT but got severely hurt. QY was very angry at his stupid action. QY is secretly planning her revenge. She then made fake pills for YT. YT was smart enough to find out something is wrong with her pills so she exchanged her pills with her soldiers. All her soldiers died because of the fake pills. And then YT went to report this to the heavenly emperor stating that QY made fake pills and killed all her soldiers. This is a huge crime so QY and YF got severely punished. 

On 8/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, Cammy said:

I was intrigued by the trailer actually. Intrigued because CC really did look way too old for NN haha. 

as far as dubbing goes, I  love CC's dubs, NN's dubs could be better in some part but I thought she sounded pretty good. but since I don't  actually speak it, I'm sure I have  less issues than someone who does. 

hopefully more ppl watch it now! 

I felt just like you did when I saw the trailer. I didn't know who Chang Chen was and looked him up. I was pleasantly surprised that he's considered a great actor and had only done film previously. The fact that he was an older and seasoned actor was a huge plus for me. I had seen NiNi before in another series and loved her acting there. Overall, I wasn't turned off due to the bad hair styling on Chang Chen, rather I was looking forward to enjoying a love story done by people who can actually act and not be the newest "it" boy/girl who hadn't done anything previously. I'm glad I watched because its such an amazing series. 

28 minutes ago, doodbug said:

Somehow, I get the impression Qingyao and Yun Feng weren't fairly treated....would be grateful if someone who has watched the whole show can share what exactly happened. 

The actress who played Qingyao is very pretty and certainly has the ethereal look.

Also, in the 3rd arc, it wasn't entirely clear to me whether LX knew the full extent of what JC did for her in her 1st and 2nd 'lives'. 

Yes. she does. The conversation between the 2 sisters after she return to heaven is the key. The sister tells her all of it I think. She finds out about all the sacrifices he did for her- taking his heart out so that he can get the cauldron to store her spirit after her death so that she can be reborn again.  She does not knwo what to do. First thing is to clear her name and CC name in front of the heavenly king.

9 minutes ago, zijinini said:

JC cleared QY's name in the main hall before heveanly emperor by saying YT was actually the person who killed those guards. So QY didn't get punishment for that crime.  YT got punished by locked into that demon tower. This is in the first arc.

Later in the second arc both QY and his junior bother wanted to kill YT beause she killed their master/LX's father. The junior brother first went to fight with YT but got severely hurt. QY was very angry at his stupid action. QY is secretly planning her revenge. She then made fake pills for YT. YT was smart enough to find out something is wrong with her pills so she exchanged her pills with her soldiers. All her soldiers died because of the fake pills. And then YT went to report this to the heavenly emperor stating that QY made fake pills and killed all her soldiers. This is a huge crime so QY and YF got severely punished. 

Thank you so much zijinini! So actually, QY had planned and plotted to kill YT..... 

QY also noticed that her brother had romantic feelings for LX?

9 minutes ago, Flor123 said:

I felt just like you did when I saw the trailer. I didn't know who Chang Chen was and looked him up. I was pleasantly surprised that he's considered a great actor and had only done film previously. The fact that he was an older and seasoned actor was a huge plus for me. I had seen NiNi before in another series and loved her acting there. Overall, I wasn't turned off due to the bad hair styling on Chang Chen, rather I was looking forward to enjoying a love story done by people who can actually act and not be the newest "it" boy/girl who hadn't done anything previously. I'm glad I watched because its such an amazing series. 

Totally agree with you. lots of the chinese drama now have fresh faces.  It is a hit or miss if they can act or a plus?    I waited for entire series to air before watching it and was hoping for eng sub.  

1 minute ago, doodbug said:

Thank you so much zijinini! So actually, QY had planned and plotted to kill YT..... 

QY also noticed that her brother had romantic feelings for LX?

Yes QY planned to kill YT but failed.

and yes she knows her brother's feelings for LX.

rewatchinh episode 50 and getting a laugh at the talk between his master and CC talking . The master asks him why NN has not come to visit him after all the things he did for he. he called her a girl without a conscience and he then tells CC to not go to her if she does not go to him. he then ask him if she all worth it. CC just nods yes.  later CC rushes to the heavenly king when he hears that NN is there. -you can see the longing in his eyes when he finally sees her at the end of the episode. She then says -supreme God, I have returned..then the music.  -it was a little funny when they had to nodge the thunder god out of the way so that NN can come to CC.

2 hours ago, zijinini said:

Yes QY planned to kill YT but failed.

and yes she knows her brother's feelings for LX.

oh, CY have feelings fro  LX? I didn't get that at all...that would make sense as to why he didnt  want her to stay alone with JC in the first arc when he came to visit...

2 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

@zijinini What did CY say to A Mo when he saw her in the mortal realm? I feel like he might have cause a misunderstanding between JC and A Mo.

Thank you.

CY: I was just planning to see you from far away. Sorry. I promised my sister. I shouldn't have come to see you.

He didn't say anything important but by calling her as Ling Xi and mentioned the name of Jiu Chen this made Amo confused. This made Amo think JC has another woman called Ling Xi.

12 hours ago, doodbug said:

On my first viewing, I thought Qing Yao and Yun Feng scenes was nicely balance, but now that I'm rewatching the whole series, I feel like they have too many scenes.  I actually prefer to have more of Yun Feng and Jiu Chen, Qing Yao and Jiu Chen scenes.  I am just not that emotionally vested in Yun Feng and Qing Yao love story 2nd time around so I forwarded all of their scenes and there are just way too many of them.

Anyone here noticed that they pay homage to Chang Chen and Gong Li's short movie Eros: Hand with the measurement scenes in ep40.

Archived