[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cammy said:

Hua Yan's story is just very small. like her becoming a fairy through the help of another immortal (im assuming JX) and was placed in JC's palace and became good friends with LX. She is loyal to both her masters and friend. and in the end died tragically but JC was kind enough to let her be reborn with a good life with his students (yes the guys from the mortal arc) and in the end earn her way back into the palace. 

I feel like JC did that for LX in a way. 

Omg he did? JC is the best husband ever!!

@zijinini what does that post say? 

37 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Just want to share this. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4407473609744051

NN: Zhen Ge (bro), do you feel hot?

CC: You want to see snow

NN: okay

NN: Wow, magic

CC: Ah, rainbow

NN: Rainbow

that's magical LOL 

"wow magic" her voice is so so cute. 

37 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Rating on douban also went up too.   I guess people are dropping other series and start to watch this series. 

I feel like the show was dropped too abruptly without much promo,  otherwise, I feel like people will have  tuned in more when it was airing. add that to CC and NN not being TV regulars, does not help but now I really want them in a modern day drama together so NN's voice doesn't have to get dubbed. 

@Cammy  At Shisan’s transformation event ...

N : Mother, today we can really meet this Shisan fairy that you often speak of? 

L : Yes, today is the day that Shisan will transform/evolve.

Y : Nianer, did you miss me?

N : Yes, I did but Mother would not allow me to go to Peach Forest to look for you.

Y : Why?

L : You still have the cheek to ask? At the last visit, you secretly gave her wine, and she slept for 20 days straight. How can you do this as an elder (of Nianer)?

Y : How can children of Peach Forest not learn how to drink wine? Isn’t that right, Nianer? Wasn’t  the wine of Peach Forest delicious?

This is is a very interesting conversation for those who also watched Ten Miles Peach Blossom. BQ also gave Ah Li peach blossom wine and he also slept for days, resulting in YH rebuking BQ for it.

37 minutes ago, omiki said:

@Cammy  At Shisan’s transformation event ...

N : Mother, today we can really meet this Shisan fairy that you often speak of? 

L : Yes, today is the day that Shisan will transform/evolve.

Y : Nianer, did you miss me?

N : Yes, I did but Mother would not allow me to go to Peach Forest to look for you.

Y : Why?

L : You still have the cheek to ask? At the last visit, you secretly gave her wine, and she slept for 20 days straight. How can you do this as an elder (of Nianer)?

Y : How can children of Peach Forest not learn how to drink wine? Isn’t that right, Nianer? Wasn’t  the wine of Peach Forest delicious?

This is is a very interesting conversation for those who also watched Ten Miles Peach Blossom. BQ also gave Ah Li peach blossom wine and he also slept for days, resulting in YH rebuking BQ for it.

thank you for the translation. I kinda figure that it  was it what was said but its so much better knowing exactly what the conversation was! 

12 hours ago, Cammy said:

that's magical LOL 

"wow magic" her voice is so so cute. 

I feel like the show was dropped too abruptly without much promo,  otherwise, I feel like people will have  tuned in more when it was airing. add that to CC and NN not being TV regulars, does not help but now I really want them in a modern day drama together so NN's voice doesn't have to get dubbed. 

People turned away from the series because of the trailer and most feel the 2 leads do not have the look for the historical drama. 

As I am rewatching the series, I really do not like Ni Ni's dubbed voice.  I feel like the dubber didn't do a very good job. 

Hopefully I'm not going to find more things I don't like about this series. :sweat: 

@blueclueblue I feel the same way too when I first saw the trailer. CC look too old for NiNi I wasn’t sure how their chemistry will be, but I love the costume and cinematography so I want to give it a try. After two episode CC looks better in my eyes lol his acting won me over. As for NiNi voice I thought it fitting for her character. 

14 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

@blueclueblue I feel the same way too when I first saw the trailer. CC look too old for NiNi I wasn’t sure how their chemistry will be, but I love the costume and cinematography so I want to give it a try. After two episode CC looks better in my eyes lol his acting won me over. As for NiNi voice I thought it fitting for her character. 

As the episodes go on, no one can imagine a more perfect match other than Chang and Ni Ni. Their aura matched so perfectly that now we cant even think of anyone else matching each other.

btw, fans on weibo, begging for a new drama with these two!

They even beg the L&D director to make a sequel. Their fan club is getting bigger (both in China and Western countries). Im afraid that they ll have headaches from the new proposals for a new -maybe contemporary- drama as soon as possible

:blush:

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

People turned away from the series because of the trailer and most feel the 2 leads do not have the look for the historical drama. 

As I am rewatching the series, I really do not like Ni Ni's dubbed voice.  I feel like the dubber didn't do a very good job. 

Hopefully I'm not going to find more things I don't like about this series. :sweat: 

Actually i will never like that dubbing thing they do in these dramas. But i can see their point, cause it costs much less to dub than to edit the surrounding noise by special audio effects and machines etc, plus the traditional Chinese accent that most actors dont have.

Sadly when dubbing, half of the actor's performance is wasted!

9 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

As the episodes go on, no one can imagine a more perfect match other than Chang and Ni Ni. Their aura matched so perfectly that now we cant even think of anyone else matching each other.

btw, fans on weibo, begging for a new drama with these two!

They even beg the L&D director to make a sequel. Their fan club is getting bigger (both in China and Western countries). Im afraid that they ll have headaches from the new proposals for a new -maybe contemporary- drama as soon as possible

:blush:

If they do a sequel, I will definitely watch it. However I feel a sequel will only happen if this drama gets popular enough and enough positive ratings. It seems some people are still just finding out about it. I also thought CC looked way too old for Nini, but after only the 1st episode I was sold. CC is handsome in his own way, and I cant imaging a young actor playing a CC's character who is supposed to be hundreds and millions year old. 

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

I was intrigued by the trailer actually. Intrigued because CC really did look way too old for NN haha. 

as far as dubbing goes, I  love CC's dubs, NN's dubs could be better in some part but I thought she sounded pretty good. but since I don't  actually speak it, I'm sure I have  less issues than someone who does. 

hopefully more ppl watch it now! 

@Vals Stor & @roxnilla7 I would love for a sequel or a contemporary drama of these two. Honestly I would prefer sequel more. Nothing long maybe just a couple more episodes of happiness. The characters already went through enough.

As for contemporary drama they can do like a romcom. I would like either he’s an experience cop and she’s new and they partner. Or he’s a famous write but shabby that no one recognizes, and she inspired him to write again. Lol it’s not very original, but I see these role fit Chang and NiNi.

I still dont get that thing with the age difference. I have watched an Indian drama a couple of years ago, with quite big age gap

between male-female leads, and the woman was older!

I mean, it doesnt matter in real life and so in movies/dramas.

I ll never understand that thing that caused so much complaining when L&D was first announced.

Is there a lifestyle kind of thing in China? To not make relationships with age gap between the couple? In the west is so common nowadays, especially: woman-older&guy younger (and i dont mean younger by a couple of years......5years and more).

On the other hand, even looking at the script of L&D, indeed Chang was a perfect choise when it comes to age. He looks older than 42 years old, and seems right since we ve got a very young fairy and a very old god. It would be odd to see a young boy-looking even younger with makeup on etc

brrrrrrr cringy!

18 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

@Vals Stor & @roxnilla7 I would love for a sequel or a contemporary drama of these two. Honestly I would prefer sequel more. Nothing long maybe just a couple more episodes of happiness. The characters already went through enough.

As for contemporary drama they can do like a romcom. I would like either he’s an experience cop and she’s new and they partner. Or he’s a famous write but shabby that no one recognizes, and she inspired him to write again. Lol it’s not very original, but I see these role fit Chang and NiNi.

Im in such a withdrawal with these 2, that i would consume anything from them!  L&D sequel, contemporary drama, movie, anything really!

:joy:

Let's see....if they get so popular as time goes by, into the drama audience that is getting more and more hooked by them, surely some new projects will be available to them.  Ni Ni already said in an interview that she would gladly cooperate with him again, as for him, i see that he wants to try new things (L&D is one of them) and there aren't so many really good actresses out there for drama-in terms of acting and not just popular celebs. Plus, he is very demanding with his projects. I dont think he would try again a drama with just a celeb lady with no acting abilities.

Let's see and hope!

@Vals Stor I don’t think people has issues with age gap. Because I’m sure there are rich old people looking for younger partners or younger people want to date older and more mature people. I just think that in TV/movies audience want a visually perfect couple lol.

I totally agrees that if a younger actor play JC it wouldn’t work, and doesn’t look the part at all.

Archived