[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

10 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

When you are watching episode 30-35.. Just eat the damn peaches!!! Lol. And please tell me I wasnt the only one that skip Jung Xiu and Ling Xi scenes in mortal world. I try to watch it, but its hard.. It's also kinda hard to feel bad for JX. I guess I just have a hard time understanding his character. He's just annoying at this point lol.

Ni Ni got you covered :D

Spoiler

@blueclueblue I think JC didn't trust himself (and her) that he'd be able to successfully let her go if they talked about it - it was a really painful decision for him and it's possible that he didn't realise that time how strong her feelings are for him since for him - he's the one who's always taking on the burden 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Ni Ni got you covered :D

Hide contents

@blueclueblue I think JC didn't trust himself (and her) that he'd be able to successfully let her go if they talked about it - it was a really painful decision for him and it's possible that he didn't realise that time how strong her feelings are for him since for him - he's the one who's always taking on the burden 

How anti-star is that girl, really now!

She is adorable! I see her and i want to hug her and make her my sister! She's like Keanu Reeves in a woman's body!

I mean, so beyond beautiful at sight, a kindness all around her! I love her! She is the reason i watched TROP at first, and now L&D!

I will consume every project of hers in the future just to be close to her acting development in the future-no matter the quality of her future works (though i see she 's making very good choices up to now).

There were you said that LX brought JC to life, both in TMOPB and TROP, had the same clue about the male leads: 

traumatic childhood with not enough affection/mother/love etc! C' mon!  Not even one healthy male to seek for a woman and not for a healer!

:joy:  Only thing worth it, was that all 3 of them were hot-thank god!

ps: JC in not old. He was born old man! :joy:

About the bad guy in L&D:

I think the ultimate bad guy is the Heavenly Emperor:

he treats everyone kindly, talks a little, but he is already aware of everything and everyone's motives,

plus he acts in the background to support JC

:joy: i love him! He and Le Bo, are the ultimate hypocrites in front of others when it comes to defend  justice. So well written characters both!

when I started the show, I thought JC was pretty different compare to other male leads in terms of his respect for her and allowing her to make her own decisions, but he kinda fall guilty of that trop of male leads taking on the burdens so his woman wouldn't suffer. 

Time and time again, LX prove capable of making her own decisions and is strong enough to deal with things, but he's so blinded by duty and a sense of being her protector that he take it upon himself and just cut her out of the decision making. Im glad that in the end, he knew she was strong enough to be able to seal him away and carry on without him for a while. 

Also, it was a good thing she showed up....he was definitely not strong enough to do it on his own. 

but Overall, the couple is very enduring for their love of one another. 

4 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

I guess they did short-changed YT character, but at the same time it seems like they plan for JX to be bad guy since the beginning. 

I think Ethan Li didn’t understand the character so he couldn’t bring out whatever the scriptwriter had in mind.  They practically layout all of the scenes for his character as ambiguous, sympathetic and walking the fine line of good and evil.  They even said it out loud how he teeters between good and evil and he should choose a side.

I was okay with his character for the most parts, it was only until the end with that speech that I face palm and downright hate his character.  I don’t see or feel the supposed “love” he has for Ah Mo during their time together, it was through side character that I get that info.  The actor needs to act that out, not some side character to point it out. 

JC character is very flat in the beginning as well, all he did was sitting, reading, meditate or drinking tea, and since I wasn’t paying attention to Chang Chen and his facial acting, I was surprised by his actions in the later episodes.  Every time I rewatch the earlier episodes, I found more detail that I missed .  At first, I thought it was in episode 10 that he really shows his love for her but I was so wrong, it was much much earlier than that.  

I think you hit the nail on the head with JX - Ethan Li wasn't as good as Hai Ling in bringing out the subtleties of his character. Which is why I found his love for Ah Mo really unbelievable - i was yelling at the screen for someone to get him off the 'stage' LOL. 

I mean JC just woke up from hibernating and was also plagued with his own guilt about what happened 50 thousand years ago. I think his facial acting really sold it for me though cause he was able to bring out subtleties even just by raising his eyebrow or his gaze.  

I think his cold nature is also due to his guilt about what happened and he was doubting himself as a good person and worthy of the position of God of War. The numerous flashbacks to the war with the Demon King kinda invoked the feeling that he couldn't move past that moment and the guilt he felt from that point. But LX's belief in his good seemed to heal him from those feelings and made him believe that he was truly good. Maybe that's my over-reading but I really think LX's unwavering doubt in him and her pure love really helped him through his pain.

6 hours ago, shimshimae said:

hahaha yes - LX mentions it to JC when he finds out about the dog - it was originally intended to be food for some sacred beasts 

JC was only a gentleman till arc 1 - after that he turned into a lovely rogue :D :D

Hide contents

this is way ahead ep 19 he's warmed up to LX by this point - even kisses her on the forehead and now he's saying something that he has to go and he'll be back soon - he goes forward and grabs her hand to stress this - his way of indicating yes-we-are-a-couple-now and he turns and has this ever so slight smug face which is this:

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-23-03-11.png

but our silly bird is way ahead of him and kisses him on the cheek :D:D 

Hello! welcome back - please do!! From ep 32 (subs are available till ep 31)

thank you! ^_^ 

Yes! I remember that scene, I was screaming!!!! lol

It’s totally different from when he first held her hand to walk out of the palace hall. I just watch that scene and I noticed that JC was paying attention to LX make sure that she didn’t pass out from treating his hand. When he took her hand to get out of there it is to make sure she didn’t pass out. I think from that point on is when he trust her more.

4 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

About the bad guy in L&D:

I think the ultimate bad guy is the Heavenly Emperor:

he treats everyone kindly, talks a little, but he is already aware of everything and everyone's motives,

plus he acts in the background to support JC

:joy: i love him! He and Le Bo, are the ultimate hypocrites in front of others when it comes to defend  justice. So well written characters both!

You makes me realized there’s another bad guy too. JC’s shifu lol. 

When he reunited with JC again he said “even though I’m in seclusion to cultivate I know everything.” I’m like shifu why didn’t you come out earlier to help. lol 

37 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

You makes me realized there’s another bad guy too. JC’s shifu lol. 

When he reunited with JC again he said “even though I’m in seclusion to cultivate I know everything.” I’m like shifu why didn’t you come out earlier to help. lol 

Yeaaaah! He's like an auntie who interferes with sharp comments to everyone's love life hahahhaahhaha

I was yelling the same thing cause Shifu only thing he did was being secluded and being grouchy on JC's love life!

:joy:

3 hours ago, Minitsuii said:

I think you hit the nail on the head with JX - Ethan Li wasn't as good as Hai Ling in bringing out the subtleties of his character. Which is why I found his love for Ah Mo really unbelievable - i was yelling at the screen for someone to get him off the 'stage' LOL. 

I mean JC just woke up from hibernating and was also plagued with his own guilt about what happened 50 thousand years ago. I think his facial acting really sold it for me though cause he was able to bring out subtleties even just by raising his eyebrow or his gaze.  

I think his cold nature is also due to his guilt about what happened and he was doubting himself as a good person and worthy of the position of God of War. The numerous flashbacks to the war with the Demon King kinda invoked the feeling that he couldn't move past that moment and the guilt he felt from that point. But LX's belief in his good seemed to heal him from those feelings and made him believe that he was truly good. Maybe that's my over-reading but I really think LX's unwavering doubt in him and her pure love really helped him through his pain.

You and I are on the same boat about the character JX. 

I think there may be some truth to what you said about JC's guilt and LX unwavering doubt in him. It make sense when he say she 上下其手(act in collusion with, conspiring defraud) after she moved to his house.  Hence why he feels lonely and she needs to take responsibility for it.  You just gave me a new insight into ep 54 conversation. 

2 hours ago, roxnilla7 said:

I am suffering from a drought right now..JC hasnt met LX in the mortal world for like idk how many episodes now... Have to go back and watch the sweet scenes from ep 19

Lol..i echo what @Winterfairy said....a flood is coming soon..  Mortal arc is my favourite because u get to see Jiuchen head on pursue Lingxi. Nothing holds him back...like literally. Lol.

Lol so many new Insights!

I think JC's Shifu and the Heavenly Emperor are badass cool people :D (can throw in Le Bo too :D) which is what I think you guys are referring to as "villain" :joy:

It was Shifu who keeps hammering on the point that LX must die there's no other way - which makes JC (and LX and us) go through that painful trail - while his master may love him he must have realised how people can be blinded and fooled by love and may have wanted to test JC's true intentions in this matter (does he really Love her or it's just some new fancy after a long hibernation?)

@Winterfairy about that hand grab walkout in EP 4 - I think it was more to do with those rumors about them (she was only treating his hand - unlikely it would have made her faint) I think he grants all her wishes LOL (knowingly or unknowingly) she says earlier, it's not a bad thing to be stuck in a rumour with the God of War (he was furious at that time but might have warmed up to the idea later :joy: - maybe as a means to protect her)

@Minitsuii that's a good point - he must have struggled with that guilt (the opening episode we see him see his past with his comrades before the big war) and LX making remarks like I know you are a good immortal, I'll never trust rumours (when he lets her keep Xiao Bai) strikes a chord perhaps (he's this stoic God so he can't just seek validation like normal people) her purity of herself and her love for him might have pushed him to take that step and protect her at all costs (he was willing to give up his life but not hers - I don't think he would have hesitated to kill her if she showed any signs of actually being drawn to the demonic side)

@Cammy true - but I give God of War leeway because he's supposed to be that and LX initially keeps telling her she wouldn't have to worry because she's with him - it does take him sometime to understand silly bird has really turned into a phoenix lol

3 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Lol so many new Insights!

I think JC's Shifu and the Heavenly Emperor are badass cool people :D (can throw in Le Bo too :D) which is what I think you guys are referring to as "villain" :joy:

It was Shifu who keeps hammering on the point that LX must die there's no other way - which makes JC (and LX and us) go through that painful trail - while his master may love him he must have realised how people can be blinded and fooled by love and may have wanted to test JC's true intentions in this matter (does he really Love her or it's just some new fancy after a long hibernation?)

@Cammy true - but I give God of War leeway because he's supposed to be that and LX initially keeps telling her she wouldn't have to worry because she's with him - it does take him sometime to understand silly bird has really turned into a phoenix lol

yeah, I get that point too, which is why I didn't dislike that aspect of him because he had his reasons and its very valid where as other male leads usually does not. 

He had his duties and LX literally told him to take care of her so it made sense. the only thing he was guilty of was not adjusting fast enough when she asked to be included afterword. but in the end, they made it work so lol 

Le Bo was by far my favorite father on this show, Ah Mo's dad trying to kill her to save the family was just a big no no. 

Le Bo was so sweet and caring and funny. he was so perfect! his untimely death at the hands' of YT still have me angry to this day. 

I especially love when LX cried about JC not loving her and he goes "He doesn't want you but I want you." and then goes "Okay, you love him you love him." and tried so hard to please her :bawling: such a sweet dad. so cute!

52 minutes ago, Dundee said:

The actor who played Si ming is good, i laugh everytime he tried to avoid or reject Shi San

Yes i like Si ming a lot too. In fact more than YF. His best part for me was when he  imitates the fortune teller and the woman trying to lead Lingmo the direction to the village. :lol: Very cute guy right. 

I like Si Ming too - :D and I think he's the only one among JC's gang who understands the depth of JC's feelings for LX and he does his best to help ^_^ and it really moved me when he was overseeing the wedding preparations - like a family member :') 

O my I didn't check this thread the whole day and got a whole bunch of updates to read through! Will take some time to reply everyone slowly hehehe

@shimshimae methinks JC's Shifu is also reminding him to honour his teachings/ the path he's chosen as the God of War. I was talking to my mom and she was saying that JC's path of cultivation was one of 'no relationships' - renouncing love, marriage etc, things a 'normal immortal' would have the chance to do. He had a different kind of life where protecting the world and learning how to was his priority. His major birthdays were celebrated with new magical artefacts that would aid his cultivation and training versus having a big banquet where you could invite all your friends and family to (see episode 58 when's he talking to his Shifu). Which is probably why he reminds JC of the hard truth, that to protect the world, LX must die. Even if there was another way, the sacrifice of one is worth protecting all of the Nine Realms of Heaven. 

But I would also argue that his Shifu's reluctance to let JC do the 'round-about' method of him digging out his heart, trading it for the Shen Nong Cauldron is because he refuses to let JC die *again*, not because JC is the God of War but also because he cares for and loves JC as well. Maybe to his Shifu JC dying for the world is worth the sacrifice, but a small fairy? Bad trade. But also his shifu said that he wasn't willing to go through JC dying again. Shifu even told JC that he needs live for a long time to protect the world. 

Which is why I found it super moving at the end when his Shifu was now willing to sacrifice himself to let JC and LX get married. He says to JC, "you can finally have a 'normal immortal life' don't squander the chance". Like richard simmons man I cried buckets because I really felt the love. 

@Winterfairy I always assumed the hand grab was just to give LX justification for being so close to him. Like by holding her hand and walking out of there, it stops people from saying how impolite she is for not obeying the rules of the banquet and being close to JC without a 'justified reason'. But maybe he also doesn't mind being lumped together with her LOL I just think it's quite funny that JC might actually be a virgin LOLOLOLOL 

@shimshimae @Cammy I also think his unwillingness to let LX help is because he doesn't want her to go through anymore hurt/ pain or suffering. Like seeing her die twice was so painful for him and if she came with him and he couldn't protect her I really think JC would have just have gone mad and died right then and there. Even if she did become a High God, she's still his most precious person. And methinks even the possibility of her getting hurt again or dying again makes him worried. But she follows him anyway, much to his anger and annoyance but also relief and appreciation? Like he's honestly really touched that she would go to Fulingyuan to be with him

Archived