[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

8 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I really love all of the fan’s comments on Chang Chen’s weibo posts asking him to “下凡” (come to mortal realms figure of speech) and collaborate with Ni Ni for 1 movie, and 2 more tv series.  While most of the casts posted their good bye in weibo, only Chang C

If finally that happens i will be jumping around laughing like a fool for sure!

How i wish they will co act together again! I like watching actors collaborating in many projects, as i ve seen that familiarity and friendship between them outside work, works really good in the projects!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I really love all of the fan’s comments on Chang Chen’s weibo posts asking him to “下凡” (come to mortal realms figure of speech) and collaborate with Ni Ni for 1 movie, and 2 more tv series.  While most of the casts posted their good bye in weibo, only Chang Chen has more than 10K comments and going to hit 20K soon. 

From the word of director Chen Kaige in an interview a while back, “Chang Chen hasn’t found the one role that define him yet and I hope that it’s with my movie that do it”.  I think with Love and Destiny, Jiu Chen may be the one role that defines him now.  

Since there’s no other series that I like right now, I’m going to take my sweet time watching this series again.  I feel like I missed out a lot of detail watching the daily episodes. 

that's the beauty with great acting - with each rewatching you find out something new - also the world building and character building in this drama is really good - so there's a lot of minor details to absorb 

back to more OTP moments - while I love JC in the 2nd arc because of his unrestrained and blatant courtship - I prefer spirited LX over mature Amo - so I really enjoyed the third arc after LX was back to her old self - the drunk scene and their bickerings and I also love how she unilaterally marries him lol that was very moving - and JC telling her in the end that as long as he is alive - he will find a way to be back to her side :') 

1 hour ago, Vals Stor said:

http://www.xinhuanet.com/ent/2019-08/16/c_1124882206.htm

Unfortunately, google translate is very vague and inaccurate!

This articles more or less talks about similar info as the previous article and video that I translated. 

So I only translate some new info

The producer wrote Chang Chen a very long letter to convince him to accept the role of Jiu Chen. 

Ni Ni asks the writers to not make her character overly sweet as LX.

In the series, Jiu Chen sometime touch LX ear, it’s not intentional done, it just happen.  (There’s a poll on weibo about favorite gesture in the series.)

When Ni Ni and Chang Chen have a scene together, they usually discuss the dialog and the position they should be.  No emphasis on what type of reaction she should have when she say a certain line.  So a lot of the scenes are just natural reaction.  (Now I know why she seems surprise in some of the scenes, but she recovered really well afterward).

5 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

This articles more or less talks about similar info as the previous article and video that I translated. 

The producer wrote Chang Chen a very long letter to convince him to accept the role of Jiu Chen. 

In the series, Jiu Chen sometime touch LX ear, it’s not intentional done, it just happen.  (There’s a poll on weibo about favorite gesture in the series.)

When Ni Ni and Chang Chen have a scene together, they usually discuss the dialog and the position they should be.  No emphasis on what type of reaction she should have when she say a certain line.  So a lot of the scenes are just natural reaction.  (Now I know why she seems surprise in some of the scenes, but she recovered really well afterward).

thank you! thank God for that long letter by that producer lol and LX was not sweet - she's kind/considerate and good-hearted but petty as well :D 

now, I'm curious what all gestures were there in that poll :D 

and the natural reaction sure adds a lot of depth to the acting :D 

first of all: thank you everyone her for posting pics, videos and translations.may the high gods bless you ;)

i havent watched the ending yet, but am a bit sad to hear there will notbe an abundance of cuddling scenes.

didnt someone here think about writing some fanfiction about chang chen and nini? well, i had an idea...

actually the script had a fabulous ending planned with lots of affection and kissing, however during the filming nini is having more and more a hard time when she has scenes with cc... loses her professionalism... blushes whenever the have long eyecontact or stand close to each other, although theres 20 people fussing around them on set, she doesnt see or hear any of them when  lose to cc... obviously, this is very confusing and impractical for nini. cc is married after all.

so she is approaching her breaking point anyways and then realizes that soon they will be shooting the very long, very steamy, basically unheard of sexyness in a cdrama ending scenes and she panics and knows she must avoid that no matter what, to save her heart and dignity. she comes up witb some bs reason, maybe her reputation and portfolio as an actress and demands from the director to change the script. of course that doesnt go down well, but nini makes it very clear she will not back off. either change the script or she leaves she set, no matter that the production is almost finished and no matter the backlash from backing out of her contract. the script is changed. cc doesnt know any of this.

filming ends and theres a celebration, nini wanders off, wanting to be alone, sad its ending but looking forward to get away and put her heart back together. cc finds her. he jokes about feeling he missed out big time that the script was changed, he was sure it would have been a legendary piece of naughty moviehistory... he guesses the production team got scared of the censorship board and thats why they changed it. knowing nini will leave tomorrow morning anyways and not being able to bear anymore to deceive the man she lost her heart to, she decides to come clean with him. she faces him, really looks at him, where before she was always avoiding eye contact, takes his right hand, holding it between hers and speaks. that she demanded the script to be changed. that she wouldnt have been able to ACT that scene, only BE in that scene, the real her. and she couldnt stand that, knowing he would be acting. still, she knows she would obsess over maybe cc didnt act, maybe he likes me a little. having this on camera, for the world to see, everyone enjoying what brings her pain inside and she herself compulsivly watching and rewatching herself and him in passion. it would have been her doom, so she couldnt allow it to happen. her hands still holding his, her thumb rubs where he wears his wedding ring when not filming, then slowly lifts his hand and presses a soft kiss on that spot. letting go of the hand she says, i have great respect for you, i hope i never caused you trouble with my lack of professionalism. i learned a lot when working with you. thank you. 

and she walks away...

13 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

thank you! thank God for that long letter by that producer lol and LX was not sweet - she's kind/considerate and good-hearted but petty as well :D 

Touching foreheads and the nose (not sure what they did with this). 

18 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

That touching of his on her ear, was quite inspiring! Especially cause it wasn't part of the scene's choreography but they invented it.

It fits perfectly with the fact that behind her right ear there's her mark from the Demon Lord

then she gives away her ability to hear

and finally she 's reincarnated deaf. 

To my interpretation, his move to that spot shows a connection of his fate to hers since she was a baby when she got marked,

and the rest of the facts i mentioned above.

Great spontaneous inspiration of the leads!

14 minutes ago, sabinebiene said:

first of all: thank you everyone her for posting pics, videos and translations.may the high gods bless you ;)

i havent watched the ending yet, but am a bit sad to hear there will notbe an abundance of cuddling scenes.

didnt someone here think about writing some fanfiction about chang chen and nini? well, i had an idea...

actually the script had a fabulous ending planned with lots of affection and kissing, however during the filming nini is having more and more a hard time when she has scenes with cc... loses her professionalism... blushes whenever the have long eyecontact or stand close to each other, although theres 20 people fussing around them on set, she doesnt see or hear any of them when  lose to cc... obviously, this is very confusing and impractical for nini. cc is married after all.

so she is approaching her breaking point anyways and then realizes that soon they will be shooting the very long, very steamy, basically unheard of sexyness in a cdrama ending scenes and she panics and knows she must avoid that no matter what, to save her heart and dignity. she comes up witb some bs reason, maybe her reputation and portfolio as an actress and demands from the director to change the script. of course that doesnt go down well, but nini makes it very clear she will not back off. either change the script or she leaves she set, no matter that the production is almost finished and no matter the backlash from backing out of her contract. the script is changed. cc doesnt know any of this.

filming ends and theres a celebration, nini wanders off, wanting to be alone, sad its ending but looking forward to get away and put her heart back together. cc finds her. he jokes about feeling he missed out big time that the script was changed, he was sure it would have been a legendary piece of naughty moviehistory... he guesses the production team got scared of the censorship board and thats why they changed it. knowing nini will leave tomorrow morning anyways and not being able to bear anymore to deceive the man she lost her heart to, she decides to come clean with him. she faces him, really looks at him, where before she was always avoiding eye contact, takes his right hand, holding it between hers and speaks. that she demanded the script to be changed. that she wouldnt have been able to ACT that scene, only BE in that scene, the real her. and she couldnt stand that, knowing he would be acting. still, she knows she would obsess over maybe cc didnt act, maybe he likes me a little. having this on camera, for the world to see, everyone enjoying what brings her pain inside and she herself compulsivly watching and rewatching herself and him in passion. it would have been her doom, so she couldnt allow it to happen. her hands still holding his, her thumb rubs where he wears his wedding ring when not filming, then slowly lifts his hand and presses a soft kiss on that spot. letting go of the hand she says, i have great respect for you, i hope i never caused you trouble with my lack of professionalism. i learned a lot when working with you. thank you. 

and she walks away...

Why do I feel like that this is almost real and not fanfic.  Please confirm because my heart can't take it if this this real. 

30 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

"natural reaction"

its time for our fanfic writer @Alice_in_a_rabbithole to show up

:lol:

Chang Chen has never studied acting in a drama school. He studied hard next to the great directors that  "adopted" him since the beginning.

He usually performs using the Stanislavski 's acting techniques (recalling an experience, a memory, living the role as he is already the hero etc)

and using a lot lot lot of improvisation. Improvisation in acting is always risky. It needs great experience and a director that can leave space to the actor create the scene.

I think he did a great job while improvising many things in L&D, especially when Ni Ni can follow her partner like a mate in tango.

(the only weird thing he did in the drama, was at the bed scene, when she says: "lets get married".

He gives her a glance of horror which is kind of creepy

35 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

that's the beauty with great acting - with each rewatching you find out something new - also the world building and character building in this drama is really good - so there's a lot of minor details to absorb 

back to more OTP moments - while I love JC in the 2nd arc because of his unrestrained and blatant courtship - I prefer spirited LX over mature Amo - so I really enjoyed the third arc after LX was back to her old self - the drunk scene and their bickerings and I also love how she unilaterally marries him lol that was very moving - and JC telling her in the end that as long as he is alive - he will find a way to be back to her side :') 

I like the spunkiness of Ah Mo; he was so taken back when she slaps her hand on the table and not let him eat the bun :joy:.  The unrestrained and blatant courtship really elevates the emotional level to me.  And the uncertain of whether he’ll see her once she comes back.  I didn’t like how she doubts his loves at the end but I guess it's for the 3rd arc so whatever. 

In one of the scene JC sitting around chit chat with everyone, Kai Yang was giving JC a hard time for going to Shi Ling Tribe too much that Tian Jun put an order in place.  He made the excuse that he was investigating the demon door.  Si Ming asks for confirmation that JC didn’t go see LX when he visit Shi Ling tribe. Then Shi San came in and ask if he wants to drink the tea that LX made for him when they last visit her.  :joy:  The people around him knows him too well at this point.

1 minute ago, blueclueblue said:

Why do I feel like that this is almost real and not fanfic.  Please confirm because my heart can't take it if this this real. 

lol - Ni Ni is very professional - don't get carried away by fanfic lol and she also has a very charming and lively personality as seen from the BTS - I don't think she would do anything this angsty and let's not forget she's a phenomenal actress 

2 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

"natural reaction"

Chang Chen has never studied acting in a drama school. He studied hard beside the great directors that  "adopted" him since the beginning.

He usually performs using the Stanislavski 's acting techniques (recalling an experience, a memory, living the role as he is already the hero etc)

and using a lot lot lot of improvisation. Improvisation in acting is always risky. It needs great experience and a director that can leave space to the actor create the scene.

I think he did a great job while improvising many things in L&D, especially when Ni Ni can follow her partner like a mate in tango.

(the only weird thing he did in the drama, was at the bed scene, when she says: "lets get married".

lmao - you sure do have a way of putting together words (that batman comment previously and many others)

I didn't understand that reaction of his as well- LOL - what was he trying to say - the God of War's emotions are inscrutable sometimes :joy:

8 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I like the spunkiness of Ah Mo; he was so taken back when she slaps her hand on the table and not let him eat the bun :joy:.  The unrestrained and blatant courtship really elevates the emotional level to me.  And the uncertain of whether he’ll see her once she comes back.  I didn’t like how she doubts his loves at the end but I guess it's for the 3rd arc so whatever. 

In one of the scene JC sitting around chit chat with everyone, Kai Yang was giving JC a hard time for going to Shi Ling Tribe too much that Tian Jun put an order in place.  He made the excuse that he was investigating the demon door.  Si Ming asks for confirmation that JC didn’t go see LX when he visit Shi Ling tribe. Then Shi San came in and ask if he wants to drink the tea that LX made for him when they last visit her.  :joy:  The people around him knows him too well at this point.

:joy: true - it must be such fun for them to be able to actually poke fun at the God of War 

and yes - I really like that scene when she thumps the table - but her spunkiness is few and far in between - she is sweet and shy for the most part - and also the whole trial thing doesn't help but they do have great OTP moments in the 2nd arc 

14 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

lmao - you sure do have a way of putting together words (that batman comment previously and many others)

I didn't understand that reaction of his as well- LOL - what was he trying to say - the God of War's emotions are inscrutable sometimes :joy:

Chang Chen looks a bit untrained many times (in other films too). The directors let him be that way and i have a personal explanation of why that happens: 

as a man, as a male figure, though his looks are not these of the typical macho fit, muscled man, he has a natural primitive sexual magnetism. Like an animal aura when it comes to the climax: male figure-sexual expression

(for example, Chen Kun has a more "gay" aura, he seems edgy and a bit hysterical, he looks somewhere in the middle when acting a male role.There are some things that we are born with)

That thing is being shown in a weird way sometimes. But that glance at her in that scene was really creepy :lol:

Personally i love dorky expressions of all actors. Something like that:

ECLYiNZUEAEa-0g?format=jpg&name=large

6 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Chang Chen looks a bit untrained many times (in other films too). The directors let him be that way and i have a personal explanation of why that happens: 

as a man, as a male figure, though his looks are not these of the typical macho fit, muscled man, he has a natural primitive sexual magnetism. Like an animal aura when it comes to the climax: male figure-sexual expression

(for example, Chen Kun has a more "gay" aura, he seems edgy and a bit hysterical, he looks somewhere in the middle when acting a male role.There are some things that we are born with)

That thing is being shown in a weird way sometimes. But that glance at her in that scene was really creepy :lol:

yup - this guy doesn't need any words for seducing :joy: totally agree with you - that's why he literally devoured Ni Ni in that Savage movie kiss LOL and in the bed scene when he rolls up on her - it was freaking hot like now the action is getting real and how he gently touches her face with his hand and plunges in for the claim - God - such a lovely beast. And kudos to Ni Ni for matching that :D 

Agree about Chen Kun as well - he has that Joker maniacal vibe too in TROP

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

I really love all of the fan’s comments on Chang Chen’s weibo posts asking him to “下凡” (come to mortal realms figure of speech) and collaborate with Ni Ni for 1 movie, and 2 more tv series.  While most of the casts posted their good bye in weibo, only Chang Chen has more than 10K comments and going to hit 20K soon. 

From the word of director Chen Kaige in an interview a while back, “Chang Chen hasn’t found the one role that define him yet and I hope that it’s with my movie that do it”.  I think with Love and Destiny, Jiu Chen may be the one role that defines him now.  

Since there’s no other series that I like right now, I’m going to take my sweet time watching this series again.  I feel like I missed out a lot of detail watching the daily episodes. 

His goodbye post already hit 20k and more

People start getting crazy with L&D. I like this hysteria!

:love:

7 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

yup - this guy doesn't need any words for seducing :joy: totally agree with you - that's why he literally devoured Ni Ni in that Savage movie kiss LOL and in the bed scene when he rolls up on her - it was freaking hot like now the action is getting real and how he gently touches her face with his hand and plunges in for the claim - God - such a lovely beast. And kudos to Ni Ni for matching that :D 

Agree about Chen Kun as well - he has that Joker maniacal vibe too in TROP

One of the best moments in the bed scene, was in the beginning, when she talks under alcohol effect and he changes 3-4 expressions without even moving an eyebrow, from surprised to consent then shocked then the "why me" , then "she's out of control god mercy (oups im the god) hahahahahahahah 

Ni Ni is pointing this out in the interview i posted before.

He doesnt have to do anything. He just stands there and he's his role

:joy:

7 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

"natural reaction"

Chang Chen has never studied acting in a drama school. He studied hard beside the great directors that  "adopted" him since the beginning.

I think he was surprised by her boldness with that bed scene but your comment cracks me up.:lol:

All of those years acting in Wong Kar-Wai's movies really pay off for Chang Chen.  Ni Ni never studied acting in a drama school as well. 

I usually don’t pay too much attention to acting technique or if an actor or actress graduated from an acting school or not since I am not that much of stickler for it.  Most importantly is that they able to bring the character to life. I also enjoy seeing series or movie of actor or actress that is not very good with acting but their charisma is more than make up for it.

On the same notes, apart from TVB acting school for HK, a lot of TW and Japanese actors and actresses are not having formal acting but they are able to act really well whereas China place a lot of emphasis on the important of it but not many are well acted.  It confuses me sometime like how is it possible.

3 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I think he was surprised by her boldness with that bed scene but your comment cracks me up.:lol:

All of those years acting in Wong Kar-Wai's movies really pay off for Chang Chen.  Ni Ni never studied acting in a drama school as well. 

I usually don’t pay too much attention to acting technique or if an actor or actress graduated from an acting school or not since I am not that much of stickler for it.  Most importantly is that they able to bring the character to life. I also enjoy seeing series or movie of actor or actress that is not very good with acting but their charisma is more than make up for it.

On the same notes, apart from TVB acting school for HK, a lot of TW and Japanese actors and actresses are not having formal acting but they are able to act really well whereas China place a lot of emphasis on the important of it but not many are well acted.  It confuses me sometime like how is it possible.

Ni Ni took theatre classes - this is from an article:

“Before I started doing films,” Ni Ni recalled, “I worked hard for two years taking classes in theatre and English lessons. I was like a blank page that had to be filled. Today, I get to read very interesting scripts and I hope to stay in this business for a long time to come.”

Archived