Quantcast
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

8 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Thank you so much! that's the line I remember from the trailer - 

the way you write is like a script! I know it must take a lot of time and effort - thanks again! ^_^ 

it's funny how the child immediately accepted the father lol - I still don't understand why he would lay a trail for LX to find the eternal knot and that too with kids toys when he's just questioning his daughter who she is - maybe he's just kidding with the kid and any idea what Nian Yee means?

I ll answer you a bit more cynical this time, which is closer to what i think:

the toy-trail thing was to make the pill sweet for us, to stimulate our emotions superficially so to accept that rushed one minute reunion.

They took a drama and ended it like a melo-drama which is obviously a devaluation of the whole thing.

Of course seems logical to ask the kid who she is so to get close to her and tell her who he is. You cant just appear in front of a child -a toddler, and say "hi im your father" (though they could also dare do that too for their job to be done)

Yes, im still furious

One moment with 3 silent heads as a reunion.

For cryin' out loud

:rage:

8 hours ago, shimshimae said:

another God of War? 

still skeptical but okay - he watches his family silently for a while to absorb everything - sets the trail for his wife and goes to make acquaintance with his daughter - hmm lol I don't know why I'm still stuck with this lol 

so true :joy:

what I really like about this OTP is that there's no doubt between them that they love one another and they establish trust and understanding and work on their issues 

in TMOPB I found it really annoying that Ye Hua is always insecure and keeps thinking BQ loves her shifu (I understand that he grew up being compared to MY so it adds to his insecurities and it doesn't help that BQ loses her memories and everything but I didn't really like that supposed "eternal love" is so insecure)  

on a different note, I really like this angry-but-not-really-angry look of JC:

Hide contents

Screenshot-at-Aug-16-19-15-30.png

I think Ye Hua was lovesick

JC loves in another level. As we watched, LX doubted him (not cause he had to kill her 2 times)

but clearly cause of a woman's insecurities towards a man.

JC is stable as a rock. He doesnt allow himself to have insecurities, and the only time we saw him being competitive it was in the mortal realm with JX and just to get him out of his way, not from insecurity but cause he found him annoying, like an insect on his butter :joy:

He is arrogant. Dont you see how he pays back LX for every single "insult" and bitter word she said to him?

He is a steady weapon, an ultimate force. King of b@stards!

:joy:

(and i soooooooo want him)

:heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

While I would like the ending to be 15 minutes longer so I see our leads more on screen but I'm happy with it with what I got.  It doesn't feel rush and it makes sense to me, especially from character development point of view.  However, I really hope that others will not hate the ending and start talking richard simmons about this.  I think there are way too much richard simmons talking from people since the beginning that it needs to stop. If you don't like a series, just stop, no need to criticize about the actor age, everyone will get old, it's how life works.

I'm worry about China audiences going to give this series a 1 or 2 stars on douban for the same reasons.  To me, this is a rare series where it has a lot of characters development and no characters are one dimensional.  I want this series to have a high rating so more people will watch this and I want to see more c-drama with good writing and good acting.  Plus I’m just bias because I want to see Chang Chen and Ni Ni in more movies or TV series and having a good rating would lead to that.

You re so right about Chinese audience, but unfortunately this kind of bad and silly criteria is a universal curse.

People are mostly fans and not viewers with opinion, with taste, with any kind of thinking ability. They just praise idols, they cant even recognize actors from celebs....

And too bad, that kind of audience makes the rules. That kind of audience is wanted by the film industry universally, so to sell products.

15 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

the toy-trail thing was to make the pill sweet for us, to stimulate our emotions superficially so to accept that rushed one minute reunion.

They took a drama and ended it like a melo-drama which is obviously a devaluation of the whole thing.

Of course seems logical to ask the kid who she is so to get close to her and tell her who he is. You cant just appear in front of a child -a toddler, and say "hi im your father" (though they could also dare do that too for their job to be done)

Yes, im still furious

For cryin' out loud

JC loves in another level. As we watched, LX doubted him (not cause he had to kill her 2 times)

JC is stable as a rock. He doesnt allow himself to have insecurities, and the only time we saw him being competitive it was in the mortal realm with JX and just to get him out of his way, not from insecurity but cause he found him annoying, like an insect on his butter :joy:

He is arrogant. Dont you see how he pays back LX for every single "insult" and bitter word she said to him?

for the whole I am your father thing, I think it worked because she isn't just some random mortal child, she's immortal and lived 300 years with her mother telling her that her father will return. she is constantly reminded that they are there to wait for his return so of course it wasn't a shock to her. Plus, she herself looks for her father from time to time too, like when they went to their home in the heavens and she came out telling LX she couldn't find her father (or I  think thats what she said) 

and maybe its magic that shes comfortable with him haha. or like a child like  wonder  that she  naturally trust people ? 

anyways, I so agree on him being arrogant and petty lol, especially when it comes to matching LX. he knows that shes petty so he gotta combat her with some pettiness of his own or hes  not gonna survive her burns haha. 

I still can't get  over how he said she wasn't that pretty out of no where and even  when she asked :joy: and calling her simple! double edge sword right there. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

I would have loved a longer and more detailed reunion with a conversation at least to reveal how JC managed to come out of the demon realm...

But I love the ending they gave us. 

Nini's acting is so on point. Her facial expressions said it all. No need for words. Her surprise, relief, joy and just a sense of completeness is all there in her face. She deserves an award or at least some recognition for this... It's another level!

I think the reunion of the family walking home together with a pet baize in tow is such a beautiful image. And there really isn't much else to add to this reunion... As they say in fairy tales... "And they lived happily ever after." 

Leave the rest to our imagination. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I dont remember who exactly wrote it before, but there was a very to-the-point opinion:

how come they develop and enrich the storyline so much when it comes to 50-70 episodes dramas, and they rush the ending and wrap it up quickly just like that: demon sealed, misfortunes and calamities gone forever, 1 min resurrection & reunion and thats fine

In TMOPB the reunion lasted a bit longer in terms of real talking between the couple. They had 2-3 lines, some memories to recall and clarify,

like a celebration for the happily-ever-after thing.

I insist, they could have cut a bunch of unnecessary scenes from each arc and give 2-3 minutes more at the ending. I wouldnt mind if they filled it with intimate moments, or family moments, or a few words, or anything. Just a few minutes so us-the audience wont have to rush and wrap up our emotions so to get our happy ending. 

A happy ending has to be happy and with a sense of fulfillment,  a closure that ties up the whole story, not a silly ending with the sense "ok the job is done, lets wrap it up, get the baby, the pet, a few tears and bye bye".

After all, so much torture needs to be balanced equally and fair.

1 hour ago, Vals Stor said:

Yes, im still furious

For cryin' out loud

I'm discounting Amo's insecurities since it was a trial and LX first death - the romance wasn't built up so 

hahahaha, I didn't understand first why he would call her that - I thought he was trying not to look too lovesick by heaping her with praises in front of his master but the petty thing makes it so funny lol

his master must be puzzled - my disciple is so weird in love - he thinks this lovely woman is not beautiful lol 

• Like 1

So what form do you think Nian’er take? A bird or a dragon? :D Did they give us hints on the last ep?

• Like 1

Why leave things to imagination when someone can write them out for you guys? :D

Here's what I would imagine to have happened:

- Congji Yuan his bed chamber - 

"She is asleep?" he asks.
LX smiles and says, "Yes. She is a good child."

JC is momentarily taken aback to see his lovely wife. He gets closer to her and asks, "Did you miss me?"

LX eyes briefly tear-up (classic Ni Ni style) - she turns her head away from him - "Who missed you?" she asks. "I almost forgot about you."

He pulls her into his arms, "Let me help you remember then." - and kisses her deeply, pouring all his love and longing. She matches his intensity and he carries her to the bed. 

Post egg-making, they recount their side of the events and stay-up all night talking - the God of War wants to know every minute detail about his daughter. 

- montage -

LX and Nian'er waiting for food and JC cooking food without magic in their new kitchen - Nian'er riding Baize - Nian'er cultivating with her father - LX in Heaven's Court (She becomes Heavenly Emperor's advisor) - the family in peach blossoms garden and a visit to the mortal world where LX tells the story of her mortal trail to her daughter (though her mortal parents and ones she knows are long gone) and a few more along these lines ^_^ 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

It said somewhere in a mortal arc episode that 300 years later there will be another bloody moon night.

In another episode they said that the gate of Fulinyuan can be open only on a bloody moon night.

This explains that JC came back after 300 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Moon Malan said:

It said somewhere in a mortal arc episode that 300 years later there will be another bloody moon night.

In another episode they said that the gate of Fulinyuan can be open only on a bloody moon night.

Ahh good pick up! It would explain it. 

10 minutes ago, Moon Malan said:

Ah....that makes sooo much sense.

I really like this drama very much. They secured very good main leads and really isnt your typical eye candy or idol drama.

Finally...the drama world gave us a main lead that balances his duties and love. Too often we see how main lead can just gave up everything for love (like it is so easy). I love the whole story line though I still feel a bit weird about how sudden Jiuchen suddenly want to protect Lingxi so much in the first arc and how he goes to extreme length to keep her alive. Perhaps I didnt really get his subtleness of liking her bits n bits till it accumulates.

I love the mortal arc. I like how the actor portrays how sorry Jiuchen is towards Lingxi...and how he actually fell really deeply in love with her in this arc. I just felt that in this arc, he comes to her as an equal. Not the high n might god. And thus, he have to deal with her chasting him and treating him like a normal person. And how he longs for her so much in the arc. The scene when he had to leave her for her to die...and when she went out to search for him...and he couldnt take it anymore and literally ran out to find her...so so heartwarming and emotional with that gesture. 

The third arc is so good with all the sweetness. Jiuchen is like a whole different person with Lingxi and like a normal functioning man, he really goes full force and hard pushing for her to marry him. Very unashamedly so too. But can still maintain a stoic persona in front of his subordinates n friends (cue:the kiss). 

I felt the whole drama would have been perfect if they give us a more satisfy ending. It was strangely....anti-climax. They harp on yuan tong n jingxiu going all demon...but an epic fight never happen. I would have like an epic fight with lingxi n jiuchen..and sifu and their friends...and then a good reunion (if jiuchen had to MIA) instead of the silent snow hug. Would have like them to have a conversation or an ending with a kiss. I mean..u finally have both actors able to act a kiss and u dont end with another passionate kiss? *so sad*

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone for passionate reunion ... watch "The General and I". The reunion is also after a 3 years (vs our 300 years) separation with 1 son he had never seen as well.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I have another 10 episodes to look forward to and I don't even care that I read all the spoilers, they didn't actually spoil anything:)

Is the Pillow Book not out yet? I have it on my list but I'm actually not sure how much I want to see it. While Bai Qian was somehow cute with her emotional range of a teaspoon, I found Fengjiu majorly annoying. While the dijun might want to love her but can't, he tells her no numerous times. It squicks me when she just ignores that. Where's the difference to Yuan Tong, really?

• LOL 2

I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms :'(

I just started rewatching the episodes from the beginning - I think God of War fell in love with LX from the moment he awoke - although he might not have realised it then - (he never experienced love before) - and he's genuinely furious with LX that she had no sense of preserving her reputation - I think when he grabs her hand and walks away from the court in EP 5 - that's to silently signal everyone that she's under his protection.

And how he transforms lol and still maintain his stern outlook @CatWhiskers  points out, in front of his subordinates. He loves her so much from the beginning - (I don't think he would let just about anyone sleep in his bed lol - he is this angry God of War) - even when she was low fairy - he says to that Queen who wanted to take Wu Wan that must ask LX for permission and the whole court in attendance murmurs how arrogant of him - he never bothered about what others thought - did not even let his master influence him - if this isn't devotion, God knows what is lol 

The depth of sacrifices both make for one another is just so beautiful - *bawls unable to move on*

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Paw said:

I have another 10 episodes to look forward to and I don't even care that I read all the spoilers, they didn't actually spoil anything:)

Is the Pillow Book not out yet? I have it on my list but I'm actually not sure how much I want to see it. While Bai Qian was somehow cute with her emotional range of a teaspoon, I found Fengjiu majorly annoying. While the dijun might want to love her but can't, he tells her no numerous times. It squicks me when she just ignores that. Where's the difference to Yuan Tong, really?

Lmao - so true! 

The difference is the script writer wanted to make this one the lead :joy: I'm not really bought on their story but I guess it's supposed to be somewhat like how LX is obsessed with God of War (maybe they got the idea from Pillow Book?) - the innocence and selflessness might have attracted Dijun but I found her really annoying too

• Like 1

I am having withdrawal syndromes. Will start a slow rewatch. After all, it took our god of war some time to thaw from his frozen-ness to full head on Lingxi.

I think comparing Jiuchen to Yehua. I really like how Jiuchen is towards the woman he loves. He loves fiercely, passionately but still thinks n carries out his duties. Yehua on the other hand...more or like abandon everything for love. There is two types of love being potray here. 

Anyone would like to share their favourite arc and why and also their favourite OTP moment? (i have so many favourites i cannot count which)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shimshimae said:

I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms :'(

Me too!

Luckily i have left many episodes to watch with subs but still i got very much into their world!

:tears:

@CatWhiskers my fav arc was the third one, that's why im so bothered that it lasted so little.

Fav moment to me, the bed scene (starting from the bridge with her drunk running towards him)

Im always for the bed, what can i say!

@Paw "emotional range of a teaspoon"  true trueeeeeee

:joy::joy::lol:

Oh! does anyone know, were all voices dubbed? Ok i know Ni Ni 's voice was dubbed, same with everyone else?

• LOL 2

My favourite OTP moment is the bedscene (drunken lingxi is very cute) which comes in tied with our OTP moment in the mortal world where Jiuchen kisses her to silence her (both were wearing white).  Jiuchen became very sneaky in the mortal arc.

My favourite is the mortal arc as it has the most of my favourite OTP scenes. I was actually quite shock at how forward Jiuchen is with lingxi in the mortal arc. Suddenly all manners and proper are thrown out of the window. He literally pursue her bluntly here. Such a contrast as to the first arc..maybe because he came to her without his high and mighty title...and perhaps its also because  there are no obstructions..The way they ended her life in the mortal arc is very beautiful too. How heartbroken both were. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

My favourite OTP moment is the bedscene (drunken lingxi is very cute) which comes in tied with our OTP moment in the mortal world where Jiuchen kisses her to silence her (both were wearing white).  Jiuchen became very sneaky in the mortal arc.

My favourite is the mortal arc as it has the most of my favourite OTP scenes. I was actually quite shock at how forward Jiuchen is with lingxi in the mortal arc. Suddenly all manners and proper are thrown out of the window. He literally pursue her bluntly here. Such a contrast as to the first arc..maybe because he came to her without his high and mighty title...and perhaps its also because  there are no obstructions..The way they ended her life in the mortal arc is very beautiful too. How heartbroken both were. 

True - I have too many - I love all their interactions - it's just a treat to watch. 

I'll start with the episode I just rewatched (ep 6) - LX is cleaning and sneakily listens to conversation between JC and YT and JC spots her (it's very funny) and then he goes and sits in front of his writing table to mediate - which I think is simply a ruse so that he can be near LX - he listens to her blabber and retorts - while it looks funny I think the God of War is already taken by her at this point lol