[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Moon Malan said:

I don't think it's a rush ending. I feel it's just so beautiful and perfect. 

I guess its more unsatisfying with the romance, alot of dramas like to only give very little time in the end to solve everything  or to make up.

It suck because from reading the romance was quite good but a happy ending is always good in my book :)

can we talk about how strong LX was to be able to seal JC in that cave thing, not knowing when she will see him again? how despite losing the love of her life for god knows how long, she raised her daughter with love and happiness? it makes the reunion that much sweeter, she didn't need any words. 

1 hour ago, shimshimae said:

thank you! that's such a lovely way to remember the God of War :'D

thank you! 
and I don't think you should worry too much about douban - there was a post earlier by someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who exactly) where they have given a in-depth analysis about douban ratings and how the chinese netizens pulled up the ranking by giving perfect score for this drama - I think it's being received well :) 

Douban are iffy, some are very unreasonable.  I do know that they like this series. They fought cats and dogs when LX didn't visit JC and when she ignored him.  God know how they're going to perceive the ending. 

I'm so sad that it's ending. 

24 minutes ago, Cammy said:

can we talk about how strong LX was to be able to seal JC in that cave thing, not knowing when she will see him again? how despite losing the love of her life for god knows how long, she raised her daughter with love and happiness? it makes the reunion that much sweeter, she didn't need any words. 

It's what LX wants to be able to do.  I like how JX was like she's not going to do it because she loves you too much to be separated. 

I really like how the little girl was like I want to be a boy so I can go fight like Kai Yang.  She idolized Kai Yang. 

I’m going to miss these two. I’m okay with the HAPPY ending. A bit abrupt, but in line with their characters. The trail of toys. The longevity knot. Introducing himself to his child. Stirring music. No words needed for a happy family reunion. 

Still I would like to know how Jiu Chen got out in the end.

Actually I think most endings in C-dramas are too uneventful. I mean they build the plot until the end about how powerful the demon lord is and then he is basically easily pushed back into his realm without any difficulties.

Before that our God of War was like "I can close it by myself. Maybe I'm too weak" and then Ling Xi closes is... :hushed::blink:

The same happened Hua Qian Gu.

7 hours ago, Dundee said:
6 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

Episode 60

Ling Xi joined Jiu Chen at Fu Ling Yuan

JC: Why are you here? How come you are here? Who asked you to come here?! Don't you know what sort of place this is? Why did you have to come here?

Ling Xi brought out their marriage agreement 

LX: This as written by you. So define and clearly. Two hearts as one, forever together ... Jiu Chen, you cannot forsaken me.

Jiu Chen gave in and hugged Ling Xi.

LX: So until now the entrance is still not secured yet.

JC: Yes ... this meant my powers are not sufficient

LX: So what can be done?

JC: What is there to do? Even it takes thousand or ten thousand years I need to guard this place. I cannot do anything to him neither can he to me. Fu Ling Yuan is not a good place and if you let people know of this, do you think they will come and save you?

LX: I came down here so I have no intention to get out of here. I came here to marry you. You have given the betrothal gifts and I have accepted, marriage agreement has been written as well now all is left is just the marriage vows, we will become husband and wife.

Jiu Chen was silence

LX: This is not too bad a place, this place is vast and plenty of activities, the plain colour is fine. This is where God and Demon collide, it is most suited to both of our identities. Let it be here ...

Ling Xi knelt down and assumed her marriage vows

LX: I am Ling Xi from the San Ling Tribe, at this time will like to inform the Heavens, I agree to marry Jiu Chen as his wife, from this day forth, lived till we are grey and never to be separated, if I dishonour the vows may I be punished accordingly.

Ling Xi gave three formal bows

LX: All right ... I went through the rites so now I am now your wife. You cannot go without me.

JC: Where is there someone go through the marriage vows alone? Do it again?

LX: Who asked you to abandon me? So I have no choice to go straight in without any given thought to my pride.

Jiu Chen smiled and hugged Ling Xi.

Battle assumed and Jiu Chen trapped Jing Xiu with him

LX: Jiu Chen ... please come out from there

JC: Ling Xi ... quickly sealed the entrance

LX: You come out ... come out from there

JX: He cannot do it. He loved you so much, how could he bring you into the Demon Realm? He will never do it.

JC: Ling Xi ... quickly ... please believe me. I will find a way to come back ...

LX: No ... no

JC: I am the Heavens' God of War and also your one and only husband ... you are the Queen of San Ling Tribe, you do not want your decision to destroy the world

JX: Ha! Ha! Ha! He cannot do it, cannot do it

JC: Sealed the entrance!! Quickly!!

Ling Xi then sealed the entrance

LX: Jiu Chen

Ling Xi remembered Jiu Chen's promise

LX: We have gone through our marriage vows, you cannot abandon me anymore.

JC: We are trapped in this place, how am I able to abandon you now?

LX: I don't care, it is hard to say ... I want to swear on it. Swear that you never go off on your own and leave me alone

JC: I will never go off and leave you alone. I promise to be at your side no matter what happen or where I am. As long as I am alive, as long I still exist, I will return, return to find you ... to be at your side.

A trail of toys pointing to the eternal knot. Ling Xi heard voices.

NY: Who are you?

JC: Then who are you?

NY: I am Nian Yee. Why have you come to my home?

JC: This is your home?

NY: Correct ... this is my mother and I's home. We are waiting here for my father to return.

Jiu Chen carried his daughter.

NY: You ... are you my father?

JC: Yes, I am

Ling Xi ran out to greet father and daughter. Jiu Chen smiled at her

JC: I have returned.

Ling Xi cried tears of happiness and hugged both father and daughter. Wu Wan back in its puppy form jumped with joy too. The trio walked into ChongJi Yuan with Wu Wan tailing behind.

This interpretation is best based on my limited understanding of the language

Thank you for the subs! Now it make the ending more clearer even though I assumed thats what they said, its clearer to be explained on the show. 

Ok so the ending was short but I'm satisfied.

Sure the whole trail of toys leading to the eternity knot was all sugar but it made the reunion more sweeter. So i'm not gonna think about the hows and whys too much there.

The only gripe i have is how Jiu Chen manage to get out of that place that is supposely sealing demons without everything else following him. We already know he cant do it on his own.

In my oppinion they should have put a little clip of someone going to the Fulingyuan and doing some hocus pocus. Dont even need to see Jiu Chen reappearing there. Just a 10 sec clip would have summed the story nicely. 

..unless there was an explaination?..dammit need subs!

Anyhoo, I love Ling Xi! She is indeed a wonderful character jumping down there to be with him and all. I almost cried because of her show of bravely and strength. I really enjoyed the love story between the two mains, prehaps one of favs out of all cdramas ive seen so far. Amazing job by both actors portraying their characters.

The ending is about all who in the past making a comeback. There is Hua Yan, Shi San and even Jiu Chen. Jiu Chen ever being the responsible God of War who upkeep the peace of the realm. He told Yun Feng that in doing that, he will also ensure that Ling Xi will be safe too. Ling Xi is his only worry.

He did everything in his power to do what ensure Ling Xi is safe be from any harm. Remember he said that he will not let the Heavens, the Demon King or her own mother take her away from him. 

In the end, Ling Xi has to trust Jiu Chen that he will indeed return to her and he did. A God of his words.

By the way, our Fiery Phoenix is really smart as she figured out Yun Feng's disguise. She was clever to maneuver Yun Feng to reveal himself. Quite right Qing Yao giving him a good slap on his cheek.

It was a pleasure doing what I can for this drama. Will see you all somewhere in the next drama or when The Pillow Book finally make it to the screen.

Happy Viewing!!

I had some time to think about it, I was skeptical at first about how they could possibly do everything in the last arc in only 10episodes but im pretty impressed and happy with how it went down. 

at the end of the day, the story is about the epic of their love, the things they faced to come to where they were and the trials they overcome to be together. the first arc establish that budding romance and the mortal world solidify the relationship while the end tied up loose ends. it never truly focused on the danger they all face, just the danger of losing their love with they managed to preserved. 

JC in the end was able to balanced his responsibility and his love (like in the first arc he was so ready  to give up everything just for her) but In the end, he got his love, and did the honorable thing. 

as for LX, she grew from an immature little bird to a full grown phoenix who now have enough strength and courage to make the big sacrifice and knows she will be okay until he return....

the only thing I wish for was YT be utilized a bit more, the battle a bit more epic, and the ending with like another 5 min, of Nian'er asking her dad a lot of questions and doesn't want to go to sleep, so they promise to talk to her in the morning so she'd go to bed, and then finally JC and LX in their room again, finally together, catching up. 

edit: also! I love how mature she's being with the whole thing in the end, and cared for her baby on her own unlike a certain high god who couldn't deal and went drinking the whole time to forget and actually neglected her son 

LX: Jiu Chen you come out! come out!

JC: Lin Xi, believe me! I will definately think of a way to get out! I am the Heavens' God of War and I am not just your husband! You are the ruler of San Ling Tribe,  the queen of tens of thousands of people! Are you willing to see all the demons coming out and destroy the world? Seal the entrance! Quickly!!!

Ling Xi then sealed the entrance.

This is my favarate part of the whole drama.  I am so touched by the two beautiful souls.

10 hours ago, shimshimae said:

yeah - I'm just a bit perplexed why he wouldn't have rushed to meet her - maybe he learns how well she was coping and raising their daughter that he's a bit taken aback how to approach her? any thoughts on this?

@Vals Stor I feel you :tears:

omg I can't believe I didn't see this until now 

I think that he did rushed to see her but instead found that they had a child together and may be a little overwhelmed. so he wanted to surprise her by leaving the Knot for her (you know how romantic he can get lol and hes always watching her and giving her little surprises, like when her made the cherry blossom come every year for her birthday) 

anyways, as he was setting that up, he met his daughter. 

Obviously he knows, but he wanted to talk to her anyways which is why he ask her those questions he already knows the answer to, he just wanted to get to her know. and that's when LX came out! 

6 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

It's what LX wants to be able to do.  I like how JX was like she's not going to do it because she loves you too much to be separated. 

I really like how the little girl was like I want to be a boy so I can go fight like Kai Yang.  She idolized Kai Yang. 

Nian Er idolized Kai Yang. She is like her mom. Loves martial art. Nian Er doesnt know how great her father, God of War. Hahahhaa. So adorable little girl. 

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

I had some time to think about it, I was skeptical at first about how they could possibly do everything in the last arc in only 10episodes but im pretty impressed and happy with how it went down. 

at the end of the day, the story is about the epic of their love, the things they faced to come to where they were and the trials they overcome to be together. the first arc establish that budding romance and the mortal world solidify the relationship while the end tied up loose ends. it never truly focused on the danger they all face, just the danger of losing their love with they managed to preserved. 

JC in the end was able to balanced his responsibility and his love (like in the first arc he was so ready  to give up everything just for her) but In the end, he got his love, and did the honorable thing. 

as for LX, she grew from an immature little bird to a full grown phoenix who now have enough strength and courage to make the big sacrifice and knows she will be okay until he return....

the only thing I wish for was YT be utilized a bit more, the battle a bit more epic, and the ending with like another 5 min, of Nian'er asking her dad a lot of questions and doesn't want to go to sleep, so they promise to talk to her in the morning so she'd go to bed, and then finally JC and LX in their room again, finally together, catching up. 

edit: also! I love how mature she's being with the whole thing in the end, and cared for her baby on her own unlike a certain high god who couldn't deal and went drinking the whole time to forget and actually neglected her son 

I agree too, Ling xi take care everthing his daughter. 300 years just live in cong ji. We can see she peel an egg. And prepare a meal. That tell how responsible her to be mother. When she say 'lets Mom carrying you" at fuyintian, thats show mothers love. Carrying and hug her child. 

8 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Thank you so much! that's the line I remember from the trailer - 

the way you write is like a script! I know it must take a lot of time and effort - thanks again! ^_^ 

it's funny how the child immediately accepted the father lol - I still don't understand why he would lay a trail for LX to find the eternal knot and that too with kids toys when he's just questioning his daughter who she is - maybe he's just kidding with the kid and any idea what Nian Yee means?

I ll answer you a bit more cynical this time, which is closer to what i think:

the toy-trail thing was to make the pill sweet for us, to stimulate our emotions superficially so to accept that rushed one minute reunion.

They took a drama and ended it like a melo-drama which is obviously a devaluation of the whole thing.

Of course seems logical to ask the kid who she is so to get close to her and tell her who he is. You cant just appear in front of a child -a toddler, and say "hi im your father" (though they could also dare do that too for their job to be done)

Yes, im still furious

One moment with 3 silent heads as a reunion.

For cryin' out loud

:rage:

8 hours ago, shimshimae said:

another God of War? 

still skeptical but okay - he watches his family silently for a while to absorb everything - sets the trail for his wife and goes to make acquaintance with his daughter - hmm lol I don't know why I'm still stuck with this lol 

so true :joy:

what I really like about this OTP is that there's no doubt between them that they love one another and they establish trust and understanding and work on their issues 

in TMOPB I found it really annoying that Ye Hua is always insecure and keeps thinking BQ loves her shifu (I understand that he grew up being compared to MY so it adds to his insecurities and it doesn't help that BQ loses her memories and everything but I didn't really like that supposed "eternal love" is so insecure)  

on a different note, I really like this angry-but-not-really-angry look of JC:

Hide contents

Screenshot-at-Aug-16-19-15-30.png

I think Ye Hua was lovesick

JC loves in another level. As we watched, LX doubted him (not cause he had to kill her 2 times)

but clearly cause of a woman's insecurities towards a man.

JC is stable as a rock. He doesnt allow himself to have insecurities, and the only time we saw him being competitive it was in the mortal realm with JX and just to get him out of his way, not from insecurity but cause he found him annoying, like an insect on his butter :joy:

He is arrogant. Dont you see how he pays back LX for every single "insult" and bitter word she said to him?

He is a steady weapon, an ultimate force. King of b@stards!

:joy:

(and i soooooooo want him)

:heart:

8 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

While I would like the ending to be 15 minutes longer so I see our leads more on screen but I'm happy with it with what I got.  It doesn't feel rush and it makes sense to me, especially from character development point of view.  However, I really hope that others will not hate the ending and start talking richard simmons about this.  I think there are way too much richard simmons talking from people since the beginning that it needs to stop. If you don't like a series, just stop, no need to criticize about the actor age, everyone will get old, it's how life works.

I'm worry about China audiences going to give this series a 1 or 2 stars on douban for the same reasons.  To me, this is a rare series where it has a lot of characters development and no characters are one dimensional.  I want this series to have a high rating so more people will watch this and I want to see more c-drama with good writing and good acting.  Plus I’m just bias because I want to see Chang Chen and Ni Ni in more movies or TV series and having a good rating would lead to that.

You re so right about Chinese audience, but unfortunately this kind of bad and silly criteria is a universal curse.

People are mostly fans and not viewers with opinion, with taste, with any kind of thinking ability. They just praise idols, they cant even recognize actors from celebs....

And too bad, that kind of audience makes the rules. That kind of audience is wanted by the film industry universally, so to sell products.

15 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

I ll answer you a bit more cynical this time, which is closer to what i think:

the toy-trail thing was to make the pill sweet for us, to stimulate our emotions superficially so to accept that rushed one minute reunion.

They took a drama and ended it like a melo-drama which is obviously a devaluation of the whole thing.

Of course seems logical to ask the kid who she is so to get close to her and tell her who he is. You cant just appear in front of a child -a toddler, and say "hi im your father" (though they could also dare do that too for their job to be done)

Yes, im still furious

One moment with 3 silent heads as a reunion.

For cryin' out loud

:rage:

I think Ye Hua was lovesick

JC loves in another level. As we watched, LX doubted him (not cause he had to kill her 2 times)

but clearly cause of a woman's insecurities towards a man.

JC is stable as a rock. He doesnt allow himself to have insecurities, and the only time we saw him being competitive it was in the mortal realm with JX and just to get him out of his way, not from insecurity but cause he found him annoying, like an insect on his butter :joy:

He is arrogant. Dont you see how he pays back LX for every single "insult" and bitter word she said to him?

He is a steady weapon, an ultimate force. King of b@stards!

:joy:

(and i soooooooo want him)

:heart:

for the whole I am your father thing, I think it worked because she isn't just some random mortal child, she's immortal and lived 300 years with her mother telling her that her father will return. she is constantly reminded that they are there to wait for his return so of course it wasn't a shock to her. Plus, she herself looks for her father from time to time too, like when they went to their home in the heavens and she came out telling LX she couldn't find her father (or I  think thats what she said) 

and maybe its magic that shes comfortable with him haha. or like a child like  wonder  that she  naturally trust people ? 

anyways, I so agree on him being arrogant and petty lol, especially when it comes to matching LX. he knows that shes petty so he gotta combat her with some pettiness of his own or hes  not gonna survive her burns haha. 

I still can't get  over how he said she wasn't that pretty out of no where and even  when she asked :joy: and calling her simple! double edge sword right there. 

I would have loved a longer and more detailed reunion with a conversation at least to reveal how JC managed to come out of the demon realm...

But I love the ending they gave us. 

Nini's acting is so on point. Her facial expressions said it all. No need for words. Her surprise, relief, joy and just a sense of completeness is all there in her face. She deserves an award or at least some recognition for this... It's another level!

I think the reunion of the family walking home together with a pet baize in tow is such a beautiful image. And there really isn't much else to add to this reunion... As they say in fairy tales... "And they lived happily ever after." 

Leave the rest to our imagination. 

I dont remember who exactly wrote it before, but there was a very to-the-point opinion:

how come they develop and enrich the storyline so much when it comes to 50-70 episodes dramas, and they rush the ending and wrap it up quickly just like that: demon sealed, misfortunes and calamities gone forever, 1 min resurrection & reunion and thats fine

In TMOPB the reunion lasted a bit longer in terms of real talking between the couple. They had 2-3 lines, some memories to recall and clarify,

like a celebration for the happily-ever-after thing.

I insist, they could have cut a bunch of unnecessary scenes from each arc and give 2-3 minutes more at the ending. I wouldnt mind if they filled it with intimate moments, or family moments, or a few words, or anything. Just a few minutes so us-the audience wont have to rush and wrap up our emotions so to get our happy ending. 

A happy ending has to be happy and with a sense of fulfillment,  a closure that ties up the whole story, not a silly ending with the sense "ok the job is done, lets wrap it up, get the baby, the pet, a few tears and bye bye".

After all, so much torture needs to be balanced equally and fair.

Archived