[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

Just now, shimshimae said:

yeah - I'm just a bit perplexed why he wouldn't have rushed to meet her - maybe he learns how well she was coping and raising their daughter that he's a bit taken aback how to approach her? any thoughts on this?

i ll tell you why! Cause that hot piece of b@$##rd

is a culprit too, along with the sadists (the whole production team)

and he wanted to add his little cherry to our torture!

:joy:

On a more serious note, JC was never impulsive. He wanted to make an entrance full of surprise, grace and glam of course!

Plus, i think he was overwhelmed seeing that he has a baby already grown up, so he preferred to use the child as a kind of messenger

for a few seconds.

And he is a stalker too! Remember in mortal realm.....he was maybe watching LX and the child for a few minutes before makes his entrance.

:love:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

i ll tell you why! Cause that hot piece of b@$##rd

is a culprit too, along with the sadists (the whole production team)

and he wanted to add his little cherry to our torture!

:joy:

On a more serious note, JC was never impulsive. He wanted to make an entrance full of surprise, grace and glam of course!

Plus, i think he was overwhelmed seeing that he has a baby already grown up, so he preferred to use the child as a kind of messenger

for a few seconds.

And he is a stalker too! Remember in mortal realm.....he was maybe watching LX and the child for a few minutes before makes his entrance.

:love:

Yes - makes sense - I think while he's open about his feelings for LX - he is still a very private person and likes to just quench his thirst by just looking at her - and LX in their house with their child must have pulled his heart strings really strong lol

why couldn't have they given us more :'( :'( - why show picture of family together when they were barely together for a few seconds :'( :'( 

48 minutes ago, Steely said:

how did he come back?? did he say wait for him??? Dammit need subs!!!

wait for the pillowbook

Spoiler

i assumed with his Master’s help and JC’s ability then he can get out. His master cared him very much, and JC has the nuwa stone as his heart, so i think he’s quite invincible LOL

The ending is kinda disappointing and doesn't make sense. How can the chang sheng jie be 'inside' the house when he is only outside the house. 

The script has pushed the climax too high to only allow 1 minute as the ending. It ended too abruptly. Should have provided audience with more details as cushion. 

38 minutes ago, Meimei said:

The ending is kinda disappointing and doesn't make sense. How can the chang sheng jie be 'inside' the house when he is only outside the house. 

The script has pushed the climax too high to only allow 1 minute as the ending. It ended too abruptly. Should have provided audience with more details as cushion. 

I echo u....i am so disappointed with the ending...enough with the nonsense reunion and dying for the greater good. 

Episode 60

Ling Xi joined Jiu Chen at Fu Ling Yuan

JC: Why are you here? How come you are here? Who asked you to come here?! Don't you know what sort of place this is? Why did you have to come here?

Ling Xi brought out their marriage agreement 

LX: This was written by you. So define and clearly. Two hearts as one, forever together ... Jiu Chen, you cannot forsaken me.

Jiu Chen gave in and hugged Ling Xi.

LX: So until now the entrance is still not secured yet.

JC: Yes ... this meant my powers are not sufficient

LX: So what can be done?

JC: What is there to do? Even it takes thousand or ten thousand years I need to guard this place. I cannot do anything to him neither can he to me. Fu Ling Yuan is not a good place and if you let people know of this, do you think they will come and save you?

LX: I came down here so I have no intention to get out of here. I came here to marry you. You have given the betrothal gifts and I have accepted, marriage agreement has been written as well now all is left is just the marriage vows, we will become husband and wife.

Jiu Chen was silence

LX: This is not too bad a place, this place is vast and plenty of activities, the plain colour is fine. This is where God and Demon collide, it is most suited to both of our identities. Let it be here ...

Ling Xi knelt down and assumed her marriage vows

LX: I am Ling Xi from the San Ling Tribe, at this time will like to inform the Heavens, I agree to marry Jiu Chen as his wife, from this day forth, lived till we are grey and never to be separated, if I dishonour the vows may I be punished accordingly.

Ling Xi gave three formal bows

LX: All right ... I went through the rites so now I am now your wife. You cannot go without me.

JC: Where is there someone go through the marriage vows alone? Do it again?

LX: Who asked you to abandon me? So I have no choice to go straight in without any given thought to my pride.

Jiu Chen smiled and hugged Ling Xi.

Battle assumed and Jiu Chen trapped Jing Xiu with him

LX: Jiu Chen ... please come out from there

JC: Ling Xi ... quickly sealed the entrance

LX: You come out ... come out from there

JX: He cannot do it. He loved you so much, how could he bring you into the Demon Realm? He will never do it.

JC: Ling Xi ... quickly ... please believe me. I will find a way to come back ...

LX: No ... no

JC: I am the Heavens' God of War and also your one and only husband ... you are the Queen of San Ling Tribe, you do not want your decision to destroy the world

JX: Ha! Ha! Ha! He cannot do it, cannot do it

JC: Sealed the entrance!! Quickly!!

Ling Xi then sealed the entrance

LX: Jiu Chen

Ling Xi remembered Jiu Chen's promise

LX: We have gone through our marriage vows, you cannot abandon me anymore.

JC: We are trapped in this place, how am I able to abandon you now?

LX: I don't care, it is hard to say ... I want to swear on it. Swear that you never go off on your own and leave me alone

JC: I will never go off and leave you alone. I promise to be at your side no matter what happen or where I am. As long as I am alive, as long I still exist, I will return, return to find you ... to be at your side.

A trail of toys pointing to the eternal knot. Ling Xi heard voices.

NY: Who are you?

JC: Then who are you?

NY: I am Nian Yee. Why have you come to my home?

JC: This is your home?

NY: Correct ... this is my mother and I's home. We are waiting here for my father to return.

Jiu Chen carried his daughter.

NY: You ... are you my father?

JC: Yes, I am

Ling Xi ran out to greet father and daughter. Jiu Chen smiled at her

JC: I have returned.

Ling Xi cried tears of happiness and hugged both father and daughter. Wu Wan back in its puppy form jumped with joy too. The trio walked into ChongJi Yuan with Wu Wan tailing behind.

This interpretation is best based on my limited understanding of the language

50 minutes ago, Meimei said:

I agree with you about how rushed the ending is :(... As for why the chang shen jie is inside, he couldve just levitated it there or something. They always stress the convenience of 'magic' in that world (like opening doors without needing to physically push them apart). 

I'm only in episode 30 wherein LX meets LX. The love triangle is just about to begin.

With all the disheartened emotions I'm reading about the ending, I guess it's the same feel as TMOPB? Reunion so sudden, short but still sweet. What's just sad is that this one has no book that has a lot of epilogues unlike TMOPB wherein we get to read more about Little Rice's misadventures. 

Still okay, though. Still loving it.

13 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

I echo u....i am so disappointed with the ending...enough with the nonsense reunion and dying for the greater good. 

Well, if the God of War is the protectors of the 6 realms but because of his love for a woman, he decided to abandon everyone else.  I'm not really sure it's a good character trait.  From the beginning, Jiu Chen treats love and duty equally. Sure I would like to have 15 minutes of the reunion but I’m happy with how it ends. The last 2 episodes showcase their understanding and trust for each other really well. She understands his responsibility and helps him carry that burden, which is something that she emphasis a lot throughout the series.  And he did say that as long as he’s breathing, he’ll find a way to get back to her. 

I think the climax for the whole series is how 2 people come to understand and trust each other and not about defeating the demon lord.  JX could barely defeat Jiu Chen with his power. 

Just now, vintage_chutzpah said:

I'm only in episode 30 wherein LX meets LX. The love triangle is just about to begin.

With all the disheartened emotions I'm reading about the ending, I guess it's the same feel as TMOPB? Reunion so sudden, short but still sweet. What's just sad is that this one has no book that has a lot of epilogues unlike TMOPB wherein we get to read more about Little Rice's misadventures. 

There's no love triangle.  Only someone that try to sandwich between the 2 leads and got nothing.

18 minutes ago, galea said:

I agree with you about how rushed the ending is :(... As for why the chang shen jie is inside, he couldve just levitated it there or something. They always stress the convenience of 'magic' in that world (like opening doors without needing to physically push them apart). 

I think he came back earlier and set up the trail for her to find him outside. 

1 hour ago, Dundee said:
  Hide contents

i assumed with his Master’s help and JC’s ability then he can get out. His master cared him very much, and JC has the nuwa stone as his heart, so i think he’s quite invincible LOL

There's another GOW trapped inside  with him. 

19 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Episode 60

Ling Xi joined Jiu Chen at Fu Ling Yuan

JC: Why are you here? How come you are here? Who asked you to come here?! Don't you know what sort of place this is? Why did you have to come here?

Ling Xi brought out their marriage agreement 

LX: This as written by you. So define and clearly. Two hearts as one, forever together ... Jiu Chen, you cannot forsaken me.

Jiu Chen gave in and hugged Ling Xi.

LX: So until now the entrance is still not secured yet.

JC: Yes ... this meant my powers are not sufficient

LX: So what can be done?

JC: What is there to do? Even it takes thousand or ten thousand years I need to guard this place. I cannot do anything to him neither can he to me. Fu Ling Yuan is not a good place and if you let people know of this, do you think they will come and save you?

LX: I came down here so I have no intention to get out of here. I came here to marry you. You have given the betrothal gifts and I have accepted, marriage agreement has been written as well now all is left is just the marriage vows, we will become husband and wife.

Jiu Chen was silence

LX: This is not too bad a place, this place is vast and plenty of activities, the plain colour is fine. This is where God and Demon collide, it is most suited to both of our identities. Let it be here ...

Ling Xi knelt down and assumed her marriage vows

LX: I am Ling Xi from the San Ling Tribe, at this time will like to inform the Heavens, I agree to marry Jiu Chen as his wife, from this day forth, lived till we are grey and never to be separated, if I dishonour the vows may I be punished accordingly.

Ling Xi gave three formal bows

LX: All right ... I went through the rites so now I am now your wife. You cannot go without me.

JC: Where is there someone go through the marriage vows alone? Do it again?

LX: Who asked you to abandon me? So I have no choice to go straight in without any given thought to my pride.

Jiu Chen smiled and hugged Ling Xi.

Battle assumed and Jiu Chen trapped Jing Xiu with him

LX: Jiu Chen ... please come out from there

JC: Ling Xi ... quickly sealed the entrance

LX: You come out ... come out from there

JX: He cannot do it. He loved you so much, how could he bring you into the Demon Realm? He will never do it.

JC: Ling Xi ... quickly ... please believe me. I will find a way to come back ...

LX: No ... no

JC: I am the Heavens' God of War and also your one and only husband ... you are the Queen of San Ling Tribe, you do not want your decision to destroy the world

JX: Ha! Ha! Ha! He cannot do it, cannot do it

JC: Sealed the entrance!! Quickly!!

Ling Xi then sealed the entrance

LX: Jiu Chen

Ling Xi remembered Jiu Chen's promise

LX: We have gone through our marriage vows, you cannot abandon me anymore.

JC: We are trapped in this place, how am I able to abandon you now?

LX: I don't care, it is hard to say ... I want to swear on it. Swear that you never go off on your own and leave me alone

JC: I will never go off and leave you alone. I promise to be at your side no matter what happen or where I am. As long as I am alive, as long I still exist, I will return, return to find you ... to be at your side.

A trail of toys pointing to the eternal knot. Ling Xi heard voices.

NY: Who are you?

JC: Then who are you?

NY: I am Nian Yee. Why have you come to my home?

JC: This is your home?

NY: Correct ... this is my mother and I's home. We are waiting here for my father to return.

Jiu Chen carried his daughter.

NY: You ... are you my father?

JC: Yes, I am

Ling Xi ran out to greet father and daughter. Jiu Chen smiled at her

JC: I have returned.

Ling Xi cried tears of happiness and hugged both father and daughter. Wu Wan back in its puppy form jumped with joy too. The trio walked into ChongJi Yuan with Wu Wan tailing behind.

This interpretation is best based on my limited understanding of the language

Thank you so much! that's the line I remember from the trailer - 

the way you write is like a script! I know it must take a lot of time and effort - thanks again! ^_^ 

it's funny how the child immediately accepted the father lol - I still don't understand why he would lay a trail for LX to find the eternal knot and that too with kids toys when he's just questioning his daughter who she is - maybe he's just kidding with the kid and any idea what Nian Yee means?

13 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

There's another GOW trapped inside  with him. 

another God of War? 

15 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I think he came back earlier and set up the trail for her to find him outside. 

still skeptical but okay - he watches his family silently for a while to absorb everything - sets the trail for his wife and goes to make acquaintance with his daughter - hmm lol I don't know why I'm still stuck with this lol 

16 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

There's no love triangle.  Only someone that try to sandwich between the 2 leads and got nothing.

so true :joy:

what I really like about this OTP is that there's no doubt between them that they love one another and they establish trust and understanding and work on their issues 

in TMOPB I found it really annoying that Ye Hua is always insecure and keeps thinking BQ loves her shifu (I understand that he grew up being compared to MY so it adds to his insecurities and it doesn't help that BQ loses her memories and everything but I didn't really like that supposed "eternal love" is so insecure)  

on a different note, I really like this angry-but-not-really-angry look of JC:

Spoiler

Screenshot-at-Aug-16-19-15-30.png

While I would like the ending to be 15 minutes longer so I see our leads more on screen but I'm happy with it with what I got.  It doesn't feel rush and it makes sense to me, especially from character development point of view.  However, I really hope that others will not hate the ending and start talking richard simmons about this.  I think there are way too much richard simmons talking from people since the beginning that it needs to stop. If you don't like a series, just stop, no need to criticize about the actor age, everyone will get old, it's how life works.

I'm worry about China audiences going to give this series a 1 or 2 stars on douban for the same reasons.  To me, this is a rare series where it has a lot of characters development and no characters are one dimensional.  I want this series to have a high rating so more people will watch this and I want to see more c-drama with good writing and good acting.  Plus I’m just bias because I want to see Chang Chen and Ni Ni in more movies or TV series and having a good rating would lead to that.

4 hours ago, shimshimae said:

another God of War? 

still skeptical but okay - he watches his family silently for a while to absorb everything - sets the trail for his wife and goes to make acquaintance with his daughter - hmm lol I don't know why I'm still stuck with this lol 

so true :joy:

what I really like about this OTP is that there's no doubt between them that they love one another and they establish trust and understanding and work on their issues 

in TMOPB I found it really annoying that Ye Hua is always insecure and keeps thinking BQ loves her shifu (I understand that he grew up being compared to MY so it adds to his insecurities and it doesn't help that BQ loses her memories and everything but I didn't really like that supposed "eternal love" is so insecure)  

That's what Yuan Tong said to JC.  One inside and one outside.  Tian Jun was outside and another GOW (rewatch this part) it's actually JC's shi Fu that team up with Tian Jun to close the door inside and outside.  I need someone to confirm it. 

18 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Thank you so much! that's the line I remember from the trailer - 

the way you write is like a script! I know it must take a lot of time and effort - thanks again! ^_^ 

it's funny how the child immediately accepted the father lol - I still don't understand why he would lay a trail for LX to find the eternal knot and that too with kids toys when he's just questioning his daughter who she is - maybe he's just kidding with the kid and any idea what Nian Yee means?

Their daughter's name is not Nian Yee. it's Nian'er which means thinking about someone.

2 minutes ago, Moon Malan said:

Their daughter's name is not Nian Yee. it's Nian'er which means thinking about someone.

thank you! that's such a lovely way to remember the God of War :'D

4 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

That's what Yuan Tong said to JC.  One inside and one outside.  Tian Jun was outside and another GOW inside.

thank you! 
and I don't think you should worry too much about douban - there was a post earlier by someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who exactly) where they have given a in-depth analysis about douban ratings and how the chinese netizens pulled up the ranking by giving perfect score for this drama - I think it's being received well :) 

30 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

I am very satisfied with the ending. I love the ending.

Archived