Quantcast
DontEatMyKimchi

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

2 hours ago, Jennifer Padilla said:

The quality sucks tho x.x And of course there will not be any subtitles until the TY account uploads them themselves, so it kind of is only for spoiler purposes.

well u can always watch others first and let them have a run on the sub first then only pick it up like after 10 episodes or so? maybe this way you can connect them and wont be frustrated waiting for the subs....

waiting for subs hurts i know however we can only be patient.....i dont do recap as i cant stick to a drama for long as im not able to commit my times to do recap lols :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I just finished watching episode 1 on YouTube with subtitles and so far I like the costumes, acting and storyline. The story needs to pick up a little in order to really get us hooked but of course i just watched the first episode. It does remind me of Eternal love.  I tried to watch episode 2 on YouTube but there are so many blanks on the subtitles I don’t see the point in watching if they ain’t gonna subtitle everything. If anyone knows where i can watch it with good subtitles let me know plz

• Like 3

I am very happy with the God of War Jiu Chen and how stoic his character is, truely has all the characteristics a virtuous God of War needs to have. He is the good kind of stoic. He is not being indifferent as many stoics are being portrait in dramas. You feel how he has difficulties getting accostomed to his new life. He also puts of with a lot of stuff from everyone around him without ever showing reactions, he probably does not even hide any because there are none. 

Some guy being malicious towards him? What ever. He being touched or talked to in a way that is totally not how one acts/speaks towards a 战神? Never mind that either. Later on in his house he does not even get a minute of peace and he never complains. True stoic

Vya7Z8g.png

Spoiler (I am at ep 12 w/o subs):

Just when you get to see how he gets better in the later episodes, he gets beaten down again by some unnecessary punishment.

Sweet... (sarcams) I was hoping we will see a nice recovery and then watch him beat some A**. I have no idea whoms A** bc I have not figured out what we are even up against in this drama but I am just glad to see that there is not some 2nd-female-love-triangle-rivalry thing happening... yet? And I very much like the female/male 'companion' (no subs so I have no idea what she/he is) Very sweet and endearing. 

@angelangie

That's true but I am already too impatient to wait for someone to watch it and then explain it to me. I guess for me in the future there really is no way around from properly learning Chinese (for now I am at a super beginner lvl and totally not at some historic drama lvl)

Maybe in a year I can be the one doing the summaries ^^*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i watch the first 16 eps..i like soo much the story..my heart still hope for a happy ending...but with my experience with hystorical drama i dont know yet

• Like 4

Since they are all immortals i have no worries  LOL :) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Since they are all immortals i have no worries  LOL :) 

Thanks ...you give me more hope

• LOL 1

Oh wait, it's out already?! OK I will go check how many episodes are subbed before starting. Actually, work is pretty busy that I may wait until the entire thing is done and subbed before watching. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I am having a good laugh at Jiu Chen's expression being Ling Xi's guinea pig. 

Me too.  I think there's a certain willingness on Jiu Chen part too :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

Me too.  I think there's a certain willingness on Jiu Chen part too :lol:

What episode is that ? 

I just watched the first episode and to my dismay they decided to dub NiNi's voice??? Who made that wrong decision? 

Otherwise even though first episode wasn't amazing, I'm still so pumped. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lolalarue said:

I just watched the first episode and to my dismay they decided to dub NiNi's voice??? Who made that wrong decision? 

Otherwise even though first episode wasn't amazing, I'm still so pumped. 

I am also super sad about it but I think I understand why they did it. They probaby dubbed her because NiNis usual voice fits more her somewhat mature looks in other dramas, but in this drama she is a very young lady (only 50K old lol). To me her usual voice (from eg. 'The Rise of Phoenixes') more adult than the one they are using now but in 'Love and Destiny' she is more naive and young, having been kept away from the world by her father all these years. 

I actually was hoping for a more adult, experienced FL just because they cast NiNi! I was really looking forward to someone grown up and washed with all waters (probably just me though) but I reckon they chose her bc of the Male Leads age.

He, as the God of War, should have a certain air around him, the air of a MAN! (lol) Someone who went places and saw some stuff, someone who can manage an army, who is stoic (which is unrealistic to achieve when you are too young), in short: Someone grown up. So it only makes sense that a God of War is of advanced age but no one would watch the drama if our ML is that old guy who was just about to be hit by the 9th lighting bold (in ep 1) and become God of War. So instead they found us something as yummy as Chang Chen, not too young to be unbelieavable as a mighty God of War but also not too old for us to hate on (even though some are still trying XD).

Then rises the question: Who to pair a God of War with? Your story says she was locked up for all her life, just got born when he vanished from earth and then meet 50K later when he is at his lowest in life (for everyone else the war was 50K ago, they are 'over it', but for him it was yesterday and he was even on the battlefield himself). 

So our FL should be young of course, that is what the story says! After all she is a baby compared to him. But when you cast someone young and her up with out ML, many people might get the creeps and complain. NiNi on the other hand can pull of an fresh and young act but then again looks adult enough to be just perfect to be mentched with Chang Chen. It is not unrealistic for us to see her as a young, innocent girl on stage while still being (very) comfortable in shipping her with our Male Lead. 

kF0WVwK.png

Disclaimer: I just realised that I am not so sure, was it 50K or just 5K? I am not good in Chinese but I think it was 50K. Which ever it is, there is only a little difference between being 50K or 5K years old in China lol 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Finally, at Episode 17, I  am starting to see Jiu Chen showing real affections for Ling Xi.

Poor God of War is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Ling Xi was affected by the demonic spirit because she was at the wrong place and the wrong time as a baby. 

It is so funny when Jiu Chen wanted to relinquish his position to the God of Thunder but before he could do that, Jiu Chen excused himself to save Ling Xi. The poor God of Thunder looked so disappointed.

It is so cute that Jiu Chen cannot seemed to refuse Ling Xi anything. She seemed to be collecting "pets". I believe if that big monster did not die, Jiu Chen will find it in his home too.

I looked at their relationship more of a reminder of Dong Hua and Feng Jiu in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

23 hours ago, jadore1 said:

What episode is that ? 

In ep 09, she made 2 big richard simmons pills and took one to test it to make sure it’s not poisonous.  She somewhat trick him into agreeing to take her pill instead her shi jie one. His express :lol:  Then in ep 20, she made the moon cake that was really hard to eat and later told him about having a custom of getting kiss on the forehead with well wishes and he obliged.  There’re other very subtle situations and these are the 2 that stick out as being complete willingness on his part.  

Thank you @blueclueblue  i am still waiting for subs so not able to keep up with my impressions...i still say i wasted so many years on useless subjects in school , too bad west did not offer Chinese when i was in school LOL ... i would have been in my glory right now . Anyway, i like both leads so i will impatiently wait for subs. 

• LOL 1

I like this drama very much, I'm at epi 20.   Love the chemistry between the main leads and really love Chang Chen as Jiu Chen - God Of War, he looks so cool when he is 'fighting' so much more cooler than Mark Chao in TMOPB.

I hope it's not gonna be a tragic ending or a cliffhanger....

• Like 2