Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her father was from the 'Dan Niao' tribe. Dan means  Crimson/Vermilion/Red and Niao means bird, so literally, Crimson Bird. The ancient chinese have used the phrase Dan Niao to also refer to the phoen

Sadly no subs.I am watching it raw and heard Viki did got the rights but Croton media cancelled it(I am not sure and if it's true then I don't get it why did they do this SMH!).On YouTube I saw one pe

Drama Trivial : Did you know...? That things aren't always what they appear to be? At least, not just one dimensional, nor just one meaning. There are nuances, symbolism and cultural/religious re

31 minutes ago, Dundee said:

I like the scenes between JC and LX in the mortal world compare the previous scenes when LX stay in JC’s residence. The female lead is very beautiful and charming. She’s becoming more charming toward recent eps. 

Anyway i’m kind of confuse with LX’s origin. So her father is phoenix who live in the peach blossom land and then got married with a queen from mountain spirit? So her father was an immortal. How about mountain spirit tribe, were they also high level immortal like JC and the rest immortal who stay at heaven?

Her real father is been killed long ago. Her mother is the Queen of the bird tribe.

Her step father found her in the middle of a battle where her mother left her to go and fight with her husband.

There are many realms, and the higher one is the one of the Heavenly Gods (where JC lives).

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, lavenderttcv said:

@Vals Stor Poor JC he probably wanted to look younger after he heard what those maids were gossiping about

I think even LX calls him old - that really gets to him 

18 minutes ago, Sugar doughtnut said:

:lol: i thought that book  " how to get woman heart '  :joy:

I burst of laugh when JC ask old man at his home, am i look old? :lol:

this was really funny :lol: probably first time that caretaker old man saw JC like this 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Dundee said:

I like the scenes between JC and LX in the mortal world compare the previous scenes when LX stay in JC’s residence. The female lead is very beautiful and charming. She’s becoming more charming toward recent eps. 

Anyway i’m kind of confuse with LX’s origin. So her father is phoenix who live in the peach blossom land and then got married with a queen from mountain spirit? So her father was an immortal. How about mountain spirit tribe, were they also high level immortal like JC and the rest immortal who stay at heaven?

Her father was from the 'Dan Niao' tribe. Dan means  Crimson/Vermilion/Red and Niao means bird, so literally, Crimson Bird. The ancient chinese have used the phrase Dan Niao to also refer to the phoenix, without using phoenix directly (a bit like a poetic device) it's like saying, the rebirth of the Crimson Bird - and people will understand it to mean the phoenix.

However there also seems to be a differentiation in some usage of Dan Niao - because since it literally means red bird, it could mean any red-coloured bird. Some ancient chinese text used Dan Niao as an omen, the appearance of Dan Niao foretells the doom of a dynasty.

So in this story, it seems that the writers are differentiating Dan Niao vs Feng Huang (which is the Phoenix species). Feng Huang will always refer to the phoenix. The Feng Huang will almost always have positive meanings to it, like royalty, abundant grace and virtue etc. It is usually paired with the Dragon (for weddings, royalty, or basically just to refer to Men and Women).

Ling Xi's mother is of the royal Phoenix tribe. Jing Xiu's right hand-hand man (the crow guy) had explained to Jing Xiu that the tribe of Ling Xi's mother has always ruled over the Mountain Spirit Kingdom ever since the beginning of time, and there can be no usurping of this tribe because of the royal connotations and power of the phoenix tribe.

So in short, her father's tribe may not be be as high-ranking, but her mother's tribe is definitely high-ranking, because it is the royal tribe.

Ling Xi was described to be a juvenile immortal - so possibly in her juvenile state she just looks like a red bird, rather than a magnificent phoenix. It was only during when she was greatly emotionally affected by her father's death at the hands of Yuan Tong, that the latent power of the phoenix arose in her. That was when Jing Xiu discovered and was certain that she was Ling Yue's (Queen of the Mountain Spirit Kingdom) daughter, because she is of the royal phoenix tribe.

Ling Xi is a good match for Jiu Chen, him being the white dragon and she as the red phoenix, dragons and phoenixes are considered the perfect couple in traditional chinese legends and depictions.

Edited by Dazzled
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 9

I've been left hanging with ep 13 due to subs and and and  54 episodes later i feel a bit peeeved at myself and subbing IMMORTAL gods for not making it more meaningful and pleasurable for me to enjoy this drama.  Hopefully i will have time and patience to watch this drama when it gets fully subbed...but the part of having a soompi party with friends over a drama is part of my drama enjoyment ...:flushed:

16 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I think even LX calls him old - that really gets to him 

this was really funny :lol: probably first time that caretaker old man saw JC like thi

Lol, yeah - asking an OLDER man if he's old, so obvious what his answer would be, just so sneaky of him that he wanted to hear someone calls him young-er :joy:.

• LOL 5
27 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

I've been left hanging with ep 13 due to subs and and and  54 episodes later i feel a bit peeeved at myself and subbing IMMORTAL gods for not making it more meaningful and pleasurable for me to enjoy this drama.  Hopefully i will have time and patience to watch this drama when it gets fully subbed...but the part of having a soompi party with friends over a drama is part of my drama enjoyment ...:flushed:

head over to facebook and join the group PCCD to get you up to date for latest subs. they subbed until episode 25. episode 26 and so on by thursday when the subbers get back from their vacay.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Lol, yeah - asking an OLDER man if he's old, so obvious what his answer would be, just so sneaky of him that he wanted to hear someone calls him young-er :joy:.

Actually, if my limited understanding of Chinese is correct, I think it went something along the lines of:

JC: Am I old?
Housekeeper: Well it would depend on who you're comparing yourself to... If you're comparing to Tian Zun (JC's master), you are very young. If you're comparing yourself to this old servant (referring to himself), you are a bit older than me. 

And then cue the slightly unappreciative smile that JC gives to his housekeeper before he goes and gets that book on how to stay looking youthful(? or something like that?)  :lol: I'm not sure if JC was aware of his housekeeper's age, but if he wasn't, then that really was quite sneaky of him hahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
17 hours ago, Cammy said:

JC could do with a little bit of torture to win his girl  back  lol. he let her chase after him for too long, so he just gotta return the favor now that they are both aware lol....

Oh my goodness, the poor guy, the producers have been torturing him throughout the whole drama! :joy: I mean, even Si Ming said to him at one point "No-one has it harder than you/Who could be going through more hardships than you?" at the beginning of the second arc. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, galea said:

Oh my goodness, the poor guy, the producers have been torturing him throughout the whole drama! :joy: I mean, even Si Ming said to him at one point "No-one has it harder than you/Who could be going through more hardships than you?" at the beginning of the second arc. 

lol he did went through quite a bit but he never went through a mortal trial so I guess this is only fair for him too....although watching the woman you love die twice in your arms is no picnic for sure!  

• Like 2

I know everyones kinda upset with the pace at the end but honestly, personally I think it make sense, yes its a love story, but it have a lot more than that and I can appreciate the side stories to make this love story more whole. 

In the end, they will get their happy ending, now loose ends just gotta be tied up first. 

can I just saw how cute it was though when JC kissed her that  one last time before he leave and her calling him old? or that she's comfortable enough now around him to feel equal in this love of theirs? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
51 minutes ago, galea said:

Actually, if my limited understanding of Chinese is correct, I think it went something along the lines of:

JC: Am I old?
Housekeeper: Well it would depend on who you're comparing yourself to... If you're comparing to Tian Zun (JC's master), you are very young. If you're comparing yourself to this old servant (referring to himself), you are a bit older than me. 

And then cue the slightly unappreciative smile that JC gives to his housekeeper before he goes and gets that book on how to stay looking youthful(? or something like that?)  :lol: I'm not sure if JC was aware of his housekeeper's age, but if he wasn't, then that really was quite sneaky of him hahaha

Haha, thanks and here i thought the housekeeper and his master were very very old :lol:, then if JC looked sooooo much younger than him, there's no need for him to read the book unless it's about 'how to keep oneself looking younger'.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Cammy said:

I know everyones kinda upset with the pace at the end but honestly, personally I think it make sense, yes its a love story, but it have a lot more than that and I can appreciate the side stories to make this love story more whole. 

In the end, they will get their happy ending, now loose ends just gotta be tied up first. 

can I just saw how cute it was though when JC kissed her that  one last time before he leave and her calling him old? or that she's comfortable enough now around him to feel equal in this love of theirs? 

I think she was just playing hard to get when she left him to be with her mom, i think she had always felt comfortable with him since she had always loved him.

I agree with u that the pacing at this time does make sense but with only 6 epis left, i'm just worried that it might be rushed.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

I think she was just playing hard to get when she left him to be with her mom, i think she had always felt comfortable with him since she had always loved him.

I agree with u that the pacing at this time does make sense but with only 6 epis left, i'm just worried that it might be rushed.

yeah maybe I was  terrible at phrasing that. haha. I mean like comfortable as  "lovers" or "equal partner" XD...

honestly I'm a little worried too but imma put my trust in it because so far, it hasn't let me down just yet. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Cammy said:

hm i stand at the opposite site, its just personal point of view. If tomorrow the episodes go to the same road (that is heading down in quality terms), i will just watch all the subbed episodes till now. If there's a happy ending on Friday, ok i ll watch the rest of it.

I just cant stand all that  cheesy thing all of a sudden, when too important matters are left unsaid between the main couple.

Plus, im not sure that i like LX's character right now. LX as a fairy was naive, cute, a child at heart with a scent of a woman growing up.

Now she seems to me a bit arrogant, a bit unbalanced towards JC, and this kind of attitude ruins the depth of this love to my eyes.

There cant be a flirty light atmosphere between them, when all this tragedy happened a few (heavenly) days before. Its just too soon.

If they wanted to show something like this, they should have balanced the amount of episodes in mortal realm.

Now as i see it.....its an epic fail. As if im watching a totally different drama.

Im afraid i ll open my browser to watch the next episodes tomorrow and see JC applying a night serum for his wrinkles and LX preparing to conquer the universe, gotten herself in over her head :joy:

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

hm i stand at the opposite site, its just personal point of view. If tomorrow the episodes go to the same road (that is heading down in quality terms), i will just watch all the subbed episodes till now. If there's a happy ending on Friday, ok i ll watch the rest of it.

I just cant stand all that  cheesy thing all of a sudden, when too important matters are left unsaid between the main couple.

Plus, im not sure that i like LX's character right now. LX as a fairy was naive, cute, a child at heart with a scent of a woman growing up.

Now she seems to me a bit arrogant, a bit unbalanced towards JC, and this kind of attitude ruins the depth of this love to my eyes.

There cant be a flirty light atmosphere between them, when all this tragedy happened a few (heavenly) days before. Its just too soon.

If they wanted to show something like this, they should have balanced the amount of episodes in mortal realm.

Now as i see it.....its an epic fail. As if im watching a totally different drama.

Im afraid i ll open my browser to watch the next episodes tomorrow and see JC applying a night serum for his wrinkles and LX preparing to conquer the universe, gotten herself in over her head :joy:

lol I get that. 

I  think that they added this in because in her first life, she was basically a lovesick child and they barely got their feelings in a row before all the tragic things happened and she had die. 

and then in the mortal world, she didn't remember him, and she was reserve and polite, which isn't her whole self, and then she had to die again of a tragic death.l...so I think in her third life, she deserves to be a bit of a brat when it comes to commanding his love. (she said so herself she's quite a petty bird so I think  this  part of her make sense) 

I swear to go if they give us a sad ending imma start flipping some tables.......

okay, spoilers, be warned if you haven't heard...

they have a kid,,, but in the bts, I don't see him, so I hope they don't kill him off and let her alone to raise her kid ....

and the part about him trying to stay young cuz she teased him was so funny lmao

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Cammy said:

lol I get that. 

I  think that they added this in because in her first life, she was basically a lovesick child and they barely got their feelings in a row before all the tragic things happened and she had die. 

and then in the mortal world, she didn't remember him, and she was reserve and polite, which isn't her whole self, and then she had to die again of a tragic death.l...so I think in her third life, she deserves to be a bit of a brat when it comes to commanding his love. (she said so herself she's quite a petty bird so I think  this  part of her make sense) 

I swear to go if they give us a sad ending imma start flipping some tables.......

okay, spoilers, be warned if you haven't heard...

they have a kid,,, but in the bts, I don't see him, so I hope they don't kill him off and let her alone to raise her kid ....

and the part about him trying to stay young cuz she teased him was so funny lmao

I d be fine with that brat attitude, if they gave us a few moments of true meaningful communication between the couple. They threw that brat behavior on our faces out of the blue for god's sake!

(If they do such a crime, call me to accompany you with that table flipping sis!)

I also saw that bts, i hope he isnt here by accident and not by....death! After all they are immortals, he can easily go to that

sea of something (cant remember how they call it) and resurrect in a few years like Ye Hua did!

• Like 2