Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

3 hours ago, Pmyonly said:

@shimshimae yes the director was also involved  with them specially with Nini jokingly slapping on her arm lol:Dand then showing love :D.Chang Chen is completely opposite of the characters that he had played onscreen a complete goofball :Dyet he easily manages to slip into the character in seconds and i will join you as I am also blinded by him lol:D but Chang Chen is indeed a charming man :wub:.

Don't know when we will see him and Nini in dramas as they are mostly involved in movies specially Chang Chen (his next project I believe is a Hollywood one)

@crispachu ahh you don't have to be sorry take your time and thanku for the link!

P.s I didn't knew Ethan li(Jing Xiu ) and Chang Chen worked together before in movie and he is quite good looking too :D

yes - goofball indeed - any idea if he did any comedies? all his movies seem to be serious

Spoiler

I watched some bits of episodes 51 and 52 - God of War looks so desolate without LX - he's like an abandoned puppy lol

I found this - some parts look like a cross between TMOPB and Love and Destiny and TROP lol - I think this just shows how good his chemistry is with Ni Ni :D :D 

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Her father was from the 'Dan Niao' tribe. Dan means  Crimson/Vermilion/Red and Niao means bird, so literally, Crimson Bird. The ancient chinese have used the phrase Dan Niao to also refer to the phoen

Sadly no subs.I am watching it raw and heard Viki did got the rights but Croton media cancelled it(I am not sure and if it's true then I don't get it why did they do this SMH!).On YouTube I saw one pe

Drama Trivial : Did you know...? That things aren't always what they appear to be? At least, not just one dimensional, nor just one meaning. There are nuances, symbolism and cultural/religious re

Spoiler

ok ep52 is an epic fail! Useless dialogues, pointless moments, the only thing worthy is JC's moments alone when he deals with his loneliness away from LX with his unique style and that's all....

Wrong time for wasted episodes dear scriptwriters....very wrong time!

pf

oh! Forgot to mention, i was kind of shocked when i saw LX turn her face away when he tried to touch her (there when he brings her a soup or something). I mean, what??? Ok, i can see her point, but they dragged it too much with that behavior! 

:unsure:

• Like 3

Ahhh a rebirth Ling Xi no longer follow Jiu Chen around like a love sick puppy dog! its a nice change. 

Her seeing him treating her  like a child  at times and want to be  included in decision making a good development!

• Like 3

After fretting a whole weekend to see the pair reunited, episodes 51 and 52 were such a letdown. Boo.

Not enough screen time of our tested pair of lovers. JC getting antsy at the end of 52 is epic, but I felt we never got the emotions from last week. 

• Like 6

Share the same sentiments about 51-52 coz there was so much anticipation about them meeting again and since I watched 4 episodes in one go 49-50 totally broke my heart so I wanted to see otp moments but sigh :( and I think they will be separated for one more time while dealing with demon lord more intense scenes to come.

@shimshimae I am watching his movies one by one so far no comedy lol. Mv is nice :wub: and I think it's from the movie brotherhood of blades part 2 where he worked with yang mi(cecilia Liu in part-1)

P.s poor jiu Chen totally love sick  :D 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Cammy said:

Ahhh a rebirth Ling Xi no longer follow Jiu Chen around like a love sick puppy dog! its a nice change. 

Her seeing him treating her  like a child  at times and want to be  included in decision making a good development!

Spoiler

Is it really a good development :sweatingbullets:? I thought it came on very suddenly. I mean, age-wise, she really is a child in comparison. Also, before her first death, she seemed perfectly happy to follow what he said and trusted in his decisions. It was only when she was starting to lose her hearing and couldn't hear his explanation outside the prison place that she doubted him and ended up hating him. But up till now, she still doesn't know that he visited her and tried to explain himself. Also, how was he meant to tell her anything or let her make decisions when she was a mortal? That would've ruined her trial. So imo, whilst I can see why she feels hurt (as she is both Lin Mo and Ling Xi), I don't think "he treats me like a child and doesn't let me take part in the decision making!" is a good justification for her giving him the cold shoulder. 

Honestly, her character development (if we can call it that) after her trial just seems bizarre at the moment. I can see why JC's teacher would call her an ungrateful lass, because from any perspective, her being rid of her demonic aura (or w/e it's called) and her ascension to a high god was not something she could've achieved without JC quite literally using his life to help her through it. 

If she wants to be involved in the decision making in the future, then by all means, say it to the man himself and not just to the sister, rather than making him guess and think that she's angry because he killed her twice to, ironically, save her life. :/ 

I do like that she's become more independent, but the coldness just seems sudden.

• Like 8
49 minutes ago, galea said:

I don't think she hates him though, she said so herself, she felt inadequate that compare to him, she's always putting him in harms way and she doesn't want people to doubt their relationship.

she wanted to be her own person, she  wanted to find her own way before she go back  to him.

and of course she couldn't  be told stuff when she was mortal, but in her first life, there were still things that she can look back on and be justified in feeling upset. 

Yes, he went to tell her that it was an act, and yes she couldnt hear, BUT what about before all of that? 

all he said was for her to trust  him, not that he would literally kill her so she will be better after. it was all HIS  decisions, he never asked if she was okay with it. so she died brokenhearted  twice. 

Of course I'm not saying what he  did was wrong  or not heroic, just  that I  would understand why she's sad  about it.

and the age thing, she could very  well be child in this world,  but she told him before, that she  loved him  as  a woman,  not as a child, so that's why she doesn't wanna be treated like one.

but anyways, its just my interpretation lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, galea said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is it really a good development :sweatingbullets:? I thought it came on very suddenly. I mean, age-wise, she really is a child in comparison. Also, before her first death, she seemed perfectly happy to follow what he said and trusted in his decisions. It was only when she was starting to lose her hearing and couldn't hear his explanation outside the prison place that she doubted him and ended up hating him. But up till now, she still doesn't know that he visited her and tried to explain himself. Also, how was he meant to tell her anything or let her make decisions when she was a mortal? That would've ruined her trial. So imo, whilst I can see why she feels hurt (as she is both Lin Mo and Ling Xi), I don't think "he treats me like a child and doesn't let me take part in the decision making!" is a good justification for her giving him the cold shoulder. 

Honestly, her character development (if we can call it that) after her trial just seems bizarre at the moment. I can see why JC's teacher would call her an ungrateful lass, because from any perspective, her being rid of her demonic aura (or w/e it's called) and her ascension to a high god was not something she could've achieved without JC quite literally using his life to help her through it. 

If she wants to be involved in the decision making in the future, then by all means, say it to the man himself and not just to the sister, rather than making him guess and think that she's angry because he killed her twice to, ironically, save her life. :/ 

I do like that she's become more independent, but the coldness just seems sudden.

Agree with you. It’s a disappointment how they’ve chosen to portray LX’s current attitude. I was definitely expecting for them to spend some time apart before finally getting together in this last arc, and I expected that decision to come from LX as it’s a logical progression in story telling, however the way in which she has chosen to go about this separation is just messy. It does not show growth or maturation. I get she’s conflicted and feels some frustration/resentment as well as a sense of inadequacy in her relationship with JC, but given that she still loves him and has the understanding of what he’s done for her, there needs to be some solid communication between them. If she wants some space, then verbalize it like an adult. Lackluster communication is like a hallmark of most dramas, but I was hoping this would be the exception.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
9 minutes ago, Cammy said:

I don't think she hates him though, she said so herself, she felt inadequate that compare to him, she's always putting him in harms way and she doesn't want people to doubt their relationship.

Oh, I meant she hated him in that moment just before she died the first time, because she said something along the lines of "I never want to remember you." 

10 minutes ago, Cammy said:

and of course she couldn't  be told stuff when she was mortal, but in her first life, there were still things that she can look back on and be justified in feeling upset. 

Yes, he went to tell her that it was an act, and yes she couldnt hear, BUT what about before all of that? 

all he said was for her to trust  him, not that he would literally kill her so she will be better after. it was all HIS  decisions, he never asked if she was okay with it. so she died brokenhearted  twice. 

No I agree, she totally had the right to be upset about getting killed twice without any choice in the matter. But I found it odd that she told her sister that she was unhappy about not being involved in the decision making, when she never expressed any desire to do so?

If I recall properly (but by all means correct me if I made a mistake), she didn't actually ask HOW he will save her or what will be involved, but she wanted to be saved. She already knew she had absolutely no choices left with no one to help her except JC, so when he asked her to trust him, she didn't even question him. If LX is now angry at him for not giving her a choice in that situation, wouldn't that just be out of character? 

39 minutes ago, Cammy said:

Of course I'm not saying what he  did was wrong  or not heroic, just  that I  would understand why she's sad  about it.

and the age thing, she could very  well be child in this world,  but she told him before, that she  loved him  as  a woman,  not as a child, so that's why she doesn't wanna be treated like one.

Yeah her sadness is completely justified. Poor girl's had her life turned upside down and was killed twice. If she was the same girl as before, I would consider that poor character development... 

As for the age thing, he already started treating her like a woman when she was staying at the residence he grew up in. But the point at which she said that she loved him as a woman was when he wanted to leave her in the Peach Blossom place where she would be safe. That was before **** well and truly hit the fan. It wasn't related to decision making as far as I'm aware. I just brought up the age thing because if he treated her like a child beforehand, it was because she really was just a child in his eyes. Not anymore though, LOL. 

• Like 3

I sure as hell hope this week's not gonna be rushed. I completely agree with all the previous comments about how they're not using the remaining episodes properly... Truth be told, I'm not finding the Shanling side plot very engaging at all. :tears:

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, galea said:

I sure as hell hope this week's not gonna be rushed. I completely agree with all the previous comments about how they're not using the remaining episodes properly... Truth be told, I'm not finding the Shanling side plot very engaging at all. :tears:

That curse of rushed 5-10 episodes in Asian dramas is sooooooo disappointing to watch! Especially when you see it coming just like now! Even though i 've watched less than a half episodes subbed, i already have a list of episodes with plenty of useless information and scenes that could easily give their place to the 3rd arc we re watching right now!

I hope they slow down and focus on the main story and the main couple and not keep rushing things just to wrap it up!

btw, i still cant get over that LX's cold shoulder today's episodes. I 'd be fine with a more serious LX, a more mature woman, she's a high goddess now after all, but all this transformation its a bit awkward. After all, she could firstly show her appreciation, love and tenderness to JC and then go on with her plans for her kingdom. No no it was an epic fail that coldness. LX after all, as a soul and a person, no matter if a fairy or a goddess, is a girl full of love and compassion.

Can anyone explain what are the other 2 trials that LX has to go through? Are they gonna take place in the mortal realm or what?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
50 minutes ago, galea said:

Oh, I meant she hated him in that moment just before she died the first time, because she said something along the lines of "I never want to remember you." 

No I agree, she totally had the right to be upset about getting killed twice without any choice in the matter. But I found it odd that she told her sister that she was unhappy about not being involved in the decision making, when she never expressed any desire to do so?

If I recall properly (but by all means correct me if I made a mistake), she didn't actually ask HOW he will save her or what will be involved, but she wanted to be saved. She already knew she had absolutely no choices left with no one to help her except JC, so when he asked her to trust him, she didn't even question him. If LX is now angry at him for not giving her a choice in that situation, wouldn't that just be out of character? 

Yeah her sadness is completely justified. Poor girl's had her life turned upside down and was killed twice. If she was the same girl as before, I would consider that poor character development... 

As for the age thing, he already started treating her like a woman when she was staying at the residence he grew up in. But the point at which she said that she loved him as a woman was when he wanted to leave her in the Peach Blossom place where she would be safe. That was before **** well and truly hit the fan. It wasn't related to decision making as far as I'm aware. I just brought up the age thing because if he treated her like a child beforehand, it was because she really was just a child in his eyes. Not anymore though, LOL. 

haha you made a lot of valid points as well.

the first time when she died, I don't think she hate him, maybe resented him? like  she thought he betrayed her but from what I see, she  wanted to forget him because she was  so hurt. she loved him enough to leave the fire for him so he would be okay. and she choose to kill herself instead of letting him kill her  because she didn't want him to have more blood on his hands, I mean, I would hate him, but she loved him enough not to. 

As for as making decisions goes, in episode 18 she told him that when it comes time for it, she want him to tell her  the truth and she will face  things on  her own,  but he told her trust him. And she did, because again, she loved him enough to believe he can fix it. so in that regards, she did express her desire to be in charge of her own fate. But he didn't wanna burden her which is also what lead to her  resentment. 

she didn't ask him how  he was planning to save  her, thats  true, but I kinda gave her a pass for that because she's  kinda out  of her  mind a little bit with the demon possession, people trying to catch her, people trying to kill her, people killing her dad....JC could stand  to be a little less vague about the whole thing haha (but I get why he wouldn't tell her, because she wouldn't agree to him putting his own life on the line just for her). 

and the age thing, I think that he does think of her as a woman too, just that at  time, he still think of her  as incapable,  he kept saying how timid she was, and its true, but again, hearing that, im sure she felt inadequate. of course we as audiences knows better. ahaha

I think also, she changed attitude because she remembered her last moment as Ling Mo before she died a second time so that kinda pushes her off the edge  a  little bit which is why she was distant with him. 

anyways, I know people didn't like the direction of these last 2 episodes but I think it really help move their relationship along because it will give her a chance to be a  stronger person, make up her own mind, and  he will see her in a newer light.I think it will help strengthen their relationship in the long run. plus, I think its good that her focus  this time is on her  family and not so much on her love for him, she will learn to balance it out. 

all of arc one, she chased him and he  rejected her,  and all of arc two,  he chased her, so I think for this arc, they wanna balance it out by having him chased her a bit  and having him feel the rejection lol....

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
24 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

btw, i still cant get over that LX's cold shoulder today's episodes. I 'd be fine with a more serious LX, a more mature woman, she's a high goddess now after all, but all this transformation its a bit awkward. After all, she could firstly show her appreciation, love and tenderness to JC and then go on with her plans for her kingdom. No no it was an epic fail that coldness. LX after all, as a soul and a person, no matter if a fairy or a goddess, is a girl full of love and compassion.

Can anyone explain what are the other 2 trials that LX has to go through? Are they gonna take place in the mortal realm or what?

She's just trying to work through some emotions, I mean, she died twice for this love so I think she's a little justified for being confused and trying to find the  right  footing in how to approach things haha

as for her trials, she completed all the trials alright in that life time I believe, its all the hardship she went  through, the last one being she had to die. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Cammy said:

She's just trying to work through some emotions, I mean, she died twice for this love so I think she's a little justified for being confused and trying to find the  right  footing in how to approach things haha

as for her trials, she completed all the trials alright in that life time I believe, its all the hardship she went  through, the last one being she had to die. 

I don't "blame" her, but the director, for not giving enough clues so her transformation would be smoother for the audience.

They could balance her behavior so to not seem awkward.

There are things that the audience can and should assume and things that the director can explain better so to let the story go on

in a more accurate way, without perplexing the characters or take away their main core.

From today's episodes, i could hardly recognize LX, not because i cant figure out her feelings and understand her, but because it wasnt shown! On the other hand, there were many useless scenes, for example, the scene when JC sneezes lasted about 5 min or so? 

Of course i dont have the subs to know what they were talking about, but i dont think the guys there mentioned something that serious

that should last sooooooo long!

Let's see how it goes tomorrow. I sooooo hope they wont ruin it now that's going towards the ending!:unsure:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, Cammy said:

he first time when she died, I don't think she hate him, maybe resented him?

Yeah maybe "hate" is a bit strong. 

34 minutes ago, Cammy said:

As for as making decisions goes, in episode 18 she told him that when it comes time for it, she want him to tell her  the truth and she will face  things on  her own,  but he told her trust him. And she did, because again, she loved him enough to believe he can fix it. so in that regards, she did express her desire to be in charge of her own fate. But he didn't wanna burden her which is also what lead to her  resentment. 

Ah, no that's fair. Except, as you said, she didn't keep that mentality of wanting to face things on her own because she chose to trust him in the end. And in that situation where her sister was injured and her adoptive dad was killed, the only person she could rely on to survive was JC, and she knew he would help her as he clearly accepted her feelings by that point. But if decision-making was such a huge thing to her at the time before her maturation, as she is making it out to be now, then why did she not ask about what he was going to do? I just don't think it's a good justification at this moment in time to be cold and distant. It would be more believable if she was simply angry because he decided to say nothing and she had to go through that emotional turmoil before her first death. But to be angry because she didn't get to decide? That honestly sounds a bit forced. It doesn't sound like the Ling Xi before the trials.

44 minutes ago, Cammy said:

JC could stand  to be a little less vague about the whole thing haha (but I get why he wouldn't tell her, because she wouldn't agree to him putting his own life on the line just for her). 

Yeah, I think the vagueness was just there for the extra angst later LOL. Sadistic writers... :lol:

46 minutes ago, Cammy said:

I think also, she changed attitude because she remembered her last moment as Ling Mo before she died a second time so that kinda pushes her off the edge  a  little bit which is why she was distant with him. 

Oh, yeah, the change defo happened after she had that flashback/dream. I wouldn't be surprised if she's traumatised or, like she said, tired. I just thought they would talk it out, as LX was portrayed as a straightforward character that wears her heart on her sleeve from the very beginning. I guess this new habit of hiding her feelings is Lin Mo's influence on her, but it's only exclusive to JC, as she seemingly has no problem saying what she thinks to her sister. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, galea said:

I guess this new habit of hiding her feelings is Lin Mo's influence on her, but it's only exclusive to JC, as she seemingly has no problem saying what she thinks to her sister. :sweatingbullets:

That! Exactly that thing you pointed out is my problem.

How come they make changes to LX's character only towards to JC?

No no it bothers me !

:confounded:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Vals Stor said:

That! Exactly that thing you pointed out is my problem.

How come they make changes to LX's character only towards to JC?

No no it bothers me !

:confounded:

And judging from the trailers, JC will be chasing after and apologising to LX again in the next few episodes. Whilst I love LX as a character in general, the producers are relentlessly beating up JC so much that I'm starting to feel sorry for him in this relationship LOL. The poor guy can't get a break! :lol: 

Hopefully, the next few episodes will have fewer boring side-plots and more relationship fixing. The trailers always show the OTP, but we get like 5 minutes an episode... :joy:

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, galea said:

Yeah maybe "hate" is a bit strong. 

Ah, no that's fair. Except, as you said, she didn't keep that mentality of wanting to face things on her own because she chose to trust him in the end. And in that situation where her sister was injured and her adoptive dad was killed, the only person she could rely on to survive was JC, and she knew he would help her as he clearly accepted her feelings by that point. But if decision-making was such a huge thing to her at the time before her maturation, as she is making it out to be now, then why did she not ask about what he was going to do? I just don't think it's a good justification at this moment in time to be cold and distant. It would be more believable if she was simply angry because he decided to say nothing and she had to go through that emotional turmoil before her first death. But to be angry because she didn't get to decide? That honestly sounds a bit forced. It doesn't sound like the Ling Xi before the trials.

Yeah, I think the vagueness was just there for the extra angst later LOL. Sadistic writers... :lol:

Oh, yeah, the change defo happened after she had that flashback/dream. I wouldn't be surprised if she's traumatised or, like she said, tired. I just thought they would talk it out, as LX was portrayed as a straightforward character that wears her heart on her sleeve from the very beginning. I guess this new habit of hiding her feelings is Lin Mo's influence on her, but it's only exclusive to JC, as she seemingly has no problem saying what she thinks to her sister. :sweatingbullets:

ahh valid points haha (can I just say, thanks for being so civilized? usually people who so jump down the throat of people who doesn't agree on some points with them by now lol) 

I agree, they did turn her rather quick as far as her wanting to make her own decisions goes. I have quite a limited understanding of the language so we shall see more when subs comes out. but like you said, the new LX is a mixture of her immature outspoken self and her mortal self which has gone through quite a bit so maybe its not too off. her feeling like she  doesn't match him and her frustration about not being in control of her own life probably bubbled over and met its boiling point. not to mention the writer needed a quick way to move their relationship along a bit more. 

As for her only talking to others and not him, I think it may be because she still isn't used to be being equal to him you know? like when she went to say goodbye to him at the pond and he told her she used to call him by his name and she saying she couldnt anymore...

its the little things but im  sure in the next 2 episodes, they will work it all out!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1