[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

59 minutes ago, zijinini said:

Noooooo it has to be Sun Li!!! If It's YT or QY the drama will be another epic fail. Don't you see the result of Love and Destiny and Rise of Pheonixes? With such good actors as Chang Chen and Ni Ni and Chen Kun and such high production quality these two drama still doesn't have high viewercounts.  Ni Ni needs at least one TOP drama to make her known as a good actress. Sun Li's drama will garantee to be a top drama of the year so that's a shortcut.:lol:

The love and admiration you have for Ni Ni is commendable and it’s not really impossible given that she is a great actress and a woman. I like Ni Ni and I would love her to be more famous because she has the x factor to stardom but the fact remains that talent and beauty are not a guarantee. It’s sad and frustrating but sometimes mediocre actors are way famous and get more projects for movies and dramas just because they have pretty faces. Ni Ni is beautiful but beauty is relative and subjective and i think viewers in china and in any other countries of its republic which hugely affect and determine the ratings doesn’t appreciate some kind of westernised beauty yet. Just my two cents.:)

Anyway, it’s unfortunate if it is true that SL turned down the drama. Maybe it’s not meant to be.:wink:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, zijinini said:

Noooooo it has to be Sun Li!!! If It's YT or QY the drama will be another epic fail. Don't you see the result of Love and Destiny and Rise of Pheonixes? With such good actors as Chang Chen and Ni Ni and Chen Kun and such high production quality these two drama still doesn't have high viewercounts.  Ni Ni needs at least one TOP drama to make her known as a good actress. Sun Li's drama will garantee to be a top drama of the year so that's a shortcut.:lol:

It’s ok, some time too famous can bring other disasters. NiNi steady rise to fame will be more secure, rather than instant. It seem like international fans appreciate her more. Also I get the feeling she’s doesn’t have as much luck. Because she was in a movie with Christian Bale, but I’m surprised she’s not as famous as she’s suppose to be. 

1 hour ago, sunkissedluna said:

The love and admiration you have for Ni Ni is commendable and it’s not really impossible given that she is a great actress and a woman. I like Ni Ni and I would love her to be more famous because she has the x factor to stardom but the fact remains that talent and beauty are not a guarantee. It’s sad and frustrating but sometimes mediocre actors are way famous and get more projects for movies and dramas just because they have pretty faces. Ni Ni is beautiful but beauty is relative and subjective and i think viewers in china and in any other countries of its republic which hugely affect and determine the ratings doesn’t appreciate some kind of westernised beauty yet. Just my two cents.:)

Anyway, it’s unfortunate if it is true that SL turned down the drama. Maybe it’s not meant to be.:wink:

I checked Sun Li wikipedia and the drama is there also.

72566823_2416362685347941_11833703273594

2 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

It’s ok, some time too famous can bring other disasters. NiNi steady rise to fame will be more secure, rather than instant. It seem like international fans appreciate her more. Also I get the feeling she’s doesn’t have as much luck. Because she was in a movie with Christian Bale, but I’m surprised she’s not as famous as she’s suppose to be. 

As long as there are good script and good character I'm sure she can create another chemistry  Whoever actor/actress she cooperates. It will be great as well 

Btw, does anyone here know about mbti? I'm curious what everyone thinks the characters' types are. Here are some of my guesses:

Ling Xi - ESFJ - sensitive to other people's needs, warm-hearted, likes to connect with people, earnest and upfront about her feelings

(Lin Mo seems more like ISFJ due to her vocal disability and her traditional upbringing)

Jiu Chen - INTJ - has great sense of responsibility, private and discreet, makes decisions mostly on his own, does not care what others think (except for loved one), not good at understanding people's feelings

Yun Feng - ESFP - lives in the here and now, free-spirited and not constrained by rules, chill and laid-back, has good social skills, enjoys sensational and fun experiences

Qing Yao - ISFJ - nurturing, kind-hearted, has a great sense of responsibility to serve for other people's well-being, generally more conservative (she didn't respond to Yun Feng's advances until later on)

God of Thunder - ESTJ - the "executive" character, carries out rules diligently, focuses on right and wrong more than people's feelings, has a leadership aura

Other quick guesses:

Yuan Tong - ISTJ (but a very unhealthy one)

Heavenly Emperor - ISFJ

20 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

Not familiar with mbti, but you’re spot on especially with uncle Thunder lol

I guess Lord of thunder is more cold hearted than jiu Chen who owns the stone heart :joy: 

lol uncle Thunder is one of my favorite side character beside  immortal Peng. Every time he appear on screen I just laugh. He’s not a bad person, you can tell every time he give JC a hard time is when he suspected something and he wants to get to the bottom of it no matter what. After he found realized how JC have protected his general, I think he respect JC a lot and secretly a JC fanboy.

42 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

Lol in episode 40 on Viki. Did YF really called the emperor “old man” and himself “a pain in the a*s”? When he finally saw the emperor viki translation say “an old man like you randomly paring people up like this will cause me death” :joy:

Yeah he did. I was thinking how nice an emperor has to be too not get mad lol

10 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

Everyone! 
AvenueX will have LAD live chat on YouTube, 10/20/19 @3pm (I’m not sure what time zone she’s using). Check it out if y’all have time. She’s very informative. How exciting!!

OMG thank you I just checked her channel it's 3pm central time.

Archived