[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

EP19 has the famous moon festival scenes, but I actually really like the earlier scene.  It gave me a good laugh the first time I watched it. It seems that we have some new folks, so...

Spoiler

JC is like, I really want to know what you and CY were talking about and doing (you know, they grew up together and even slept in the same room), but I'm going to act like I don't care.

N7ixY2f.jpg

6qHQEKv.jpg

After LX tells him that it was nothing, he is relieved but is trying not show too much.

csHbUBG.jpg

pX0vJvn.jpg

QzntMhx.jpg

It's JC's M.O., alright.  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2019 at 4:55 AM, blueclueblue said:

which is why I like to hear  the actor/actress real voice.  The way how they emphasis on a certain word and the emotion that they put in can't be translated by a dubber.  However the dubber for Chang Chen did an exceptional job.  Chang Chen real voice is little softer than the dubber. 

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4406592227769844#&video

I agree. There is something that’s lost during dubbing and no matter how great the dubbers, they will never get the exact deliverance of the lines. 

How beautiful it would be if we get to hear their real voices. I wish that such set-up in the cdrama world will happen. 

50 minutes ago, fivebowls said:

EP19 has the famous moon festival scenes, but I actually really like the earlier scene.  It gave me a good laugh the first time I watched it. It seems that we have some new folks, so...

He’s charming! That’s what I discovered as the episode goes by. CC and NN are the same. They’re not the typical boy/girl next door type, their charms are unique. I always look forward to their scenes together. 

20 hours ago, fivebowls said:

Reveal hidden contents

JC is like, I really want to know what you and CY were talking about and doing (you know, they grew up together and even slept in the same room), but I'm going to act like I don't care.

N7ixY2f.jpg

6qHQEKv.jpg

After LX tells him that it was nothing, he is relieved but is trying not show too much.

9Qu4YrX.jpg

pX0vJvn.jpg

QzntMhx.jpg

It's JC's M.O., alright.  

Good catch, lol because she did say that she used to sleep in CY’s room lol

@AndreaB1999 in episode 22 that cauldron has power to suppress the demon in that detention. However, to get it JC need to replace it with something that’s equally powerful. That happens to be his stone heart. It’s one of the few items that can suppress demon. 

10 hours ago, fivebowls said:

I was rewatching EP 19, one of my favorites, and took a bunch of screen shots.  It’s not letting me insert them from Dropbox ....  

Anyway, I don’t know how I missed this before.  Just noticed that when LX asked whether JC liked her and whether it was a confession from him, Wu Wan nodded.  So cute!

I just rewatched ep 19 too. I also noticed that she confirmed that they are an item sicne she gave him a goodbye kiss on the cheek when he left to go to the palace.  I think she confirmed that he is accepting her since he did not block her and held her hands. so cute

JC at the end of ep 53 made me so sad.He was remember what LX said about the sun chasing bird being tired of chasing the sun. Obviously its about their relationship...feeling insecure that she might actually stop chasing after him....poor guy.

7 hours ago, Cammy said:

JC at the end of ep 53 made me so sad.He was remember what LX said about the sun chasing bird being tired of chasing the sun. Obviously its about their relationship...feeling insecure that she might actually stop chasing after him....poor guy.

He sure was thinking about their relationship.  I do have a somewhat different interpretation.  Many people here have mentioned that what makes us all so addicted is this deep, trusting, and unwavering love between them.  JC was definitely taken back by her cool reactions to him in EP51.  However, he understood where LX was coming from, and especially after his conversation with QY, he was fine with giving her time to think things through.  JC always takes action whenever needed.  If he really thought their relationship was in danger, he would’ve done something.  Remember his behaviors in the mortal world.  Also think about his heated reactions when LX agreed to become the head of Shanling, a serious block.  He actually raised his voice and said that nothing could take her from him, and was ready to take action.  When he called LX a girl without conscience and humphed at her running back to the peach blossom forest to avoid him, he was indulgent and pouty but not worried.  He wasn’t even worried about JX’s presence.  What happened right before the scene was their cooperation to save Hua Yen, again showing their trust for each other.  JC understood that he couldn’t expect her to behave like she did in her first life, like her world revolved around him and chased him like the bird chasing the sun.  Of course, he missed her a lot and was impatient for her to be done with thinking.  So he did what he did in EP 54.  Again, he is a guy of action.  He sent the knot to her as a show of his heart and visited her in Shanling (and we see again how thick-skinned and sweet-mouthed he can be). :love:

6 minutes ago, fivebowls said:

He sure was thinking about their relationship.  I do have a somewhat different interpretation.  Many people here have mentioned that what makes us all so addicted is this deep, trusting, and unwavering love between them.  JC was definitely taken back by her cool reactions to him in EP51.  However, he understood where LX was coming from, and especially after his conversation with QY, he was fine with giving her time to think things through.  JC always takes action whenever needed.  If he really thought their relationship was in danger, he would’ve done something.  Remember his behaviors in the mortal world.  Also think about his heated reactions when LX agreed to become the head of Shanling, a serious block.  He actually raised his voice and said that nothing could take her from him, and was ready to take action.  When he called LX a girl without conscience and humphed at her running back to the peach blossom forest to avoid him, he was indulgent and pouty but not worried.  He wasn’t even worried about JX’s presence.  What happened right before the scene was their cooperation to save Hua Yen, again showing their trust for each other.  JC understood that he couldn’t expect her to behave like she did in her first life, like her world revolved around him and chased him like the bird chasing the sun.  Of course, he missed her a lot and was impatient for her to be done with thinking.  So he did what he did in EP 54.  Again, he is a guy of action.  He sent the knot to her as a show of his heart and visited her in Shanling (and we see again how thick-skinned and sweet-mouthed he can be). :love:

Ah we definitely do have different interpretation indeed. I like your reasoning as well though.

personally for me, the reason why I think he was feeling anxious and insecure about this is that when she left, aside from that comment she made about the birds no longer wanting to chase the sun, she also refused to call him by his name which he reminded her that she used to. while her explanation is valid, the title difference put a bit of distance between them, they loses a sense of closeness.

her refusing to  call him by name, wanting to leave, telling him he's tired, not letting him touch her the night before, avoiding over and over again, to anyone, it would be a bit  unsettling. 

Yes QY said to give her space, but with space, he grew uncomfortable, the change between them, and  the suffering  they went through, he knew  she blamed him partly for it, the way Ah Mo died was so tragic, there has got to be baggage. 

as for JX, he knew  this dude isn't an issue before LX didn't love  him, so there  was no reason to worry, him insisting that they get married, that was just  him being impatient. 

this time around, I think he knew she loves  him, but her words of "Being tired of chasing the sun" must have alarm him too. Because she  was the bird and he was the sun. in her first life, all she did was chase after him and met a bittersweet ending, in her second life, she didnt chase after him but allow him to enter her life and loved him whole heartedly only to again die bitterly. Even if its to save her, and she gets that, it doesn't mean her feelings isn't valid. and I think he knows this, which is why hes kinda afraid that if she really did get tired and doesn't wanna try anymore, no one was gonna change her mind. 

I think for the first time, he was afraid that he'd really lose her. which is why he went in ep54 and said that she HAD to take responsibility for him. 

anyways, no matter the interpretation, its still such a fun show to talk about haha 

19 minutes ago, fivebowls said:

I love how you put it into words. Jiu chen is used to being a man that takes action and I guess in episode 50-51, he is rather perplexed by Ling Xi's reactions towards him. I really like how humble he is to take Qing Yao's suggestions and insights in Ling Xi's behavior and doesn't rush over as much as he is so wanting to. And he decided to give Ling Xi that time she needs. This wouldn't have been the case if it is Jing Xiu. Jing Xiu has always been selfish and has his own agenda. Even making Ling Xi queen to keep her in Shan Ling tribe knowing full well that would separate her n Jiu Chen. No wonder Jiu chen is livid. After all the waiting and time he gave her, only to have her taking the position. One could only have so much patience. I like how while Ling xi has her charcater simple and uncomplex, Jiu Chen is like an onion. With a calm exterior, deep inside he is a man of much passion and emotions. I think even Ling Xi was taken aback by how displease he was when he thought she is gonna stay on the throne forever and it irks him so much that he actually wanted to go to the Sky Emperor to "kick her" off the throne. LOL. 

22 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

I love how you put it into words. Jiu chen is used to being a man that takes action and I guess in episode 50-51, he is rather perplexed by Ling Xi's reactions towards him. I really like how humble he is to take Qing Yao's suggestions and insights in Ling Xi's behavior and doesn't rush over as much as he is so wanting to. And he decided to give Ling Xi that time she needs. This wouldn't have been the case if it is Jing Xiu. Jing Xiu has always been selfish and has his own agenda. Even making Ling Xi queen to keep her in Shan Ling tribe knowing full well that would separate her n Jiu Chen. No wonder Jiu chen is livid. After all the waiting and time he gave her, only to have her taking the position. One could only have so much patience. I like how while Ling xi has her charcater simple and uncomplex, Jiu Chen is like an onion. With a calm exterior, deep inside he is a man of much passion and emotions. I think even Ling Xi was taken aback by how displease he was when he thought she is gonna stay on the throne forever and it irks him so much that he actually wanted to go to the Sky Emperor to "kick her" off the throne. LOL. 

JX makes the already near-perfect JC look even better.

I know, JC was like a petulant child running to his parent!  :joy:

38 minutes ago, fivebowls said:

@Cammy This show is great because there is so much to think about and we can all have different interpretations.  I like your reasoning too. :blush:

im like obsessed haha. I think we all are really. 

@CatWhiskers definitely agree on JC being like an onion. he definitely has a lot of layers. 

though for me, I gotta give  credit to LX too. even people in the drama, like YF and JC, think that LX is "simple" when really, she actually is quite complicated herself. though simple in her pureness, kindness, and overall bluntness, she has a lot of depth too. especially since dying twice and returning to her  third life. she is able to re-evaluate her past life and make changes  accordingly to grow. and especially in ep  60 when she talk to herself at the gate opening before deciding to jump down to go and find him. 

she is simple in her loyalty for sure, but complex in her other aspect. though isn't as complicated as JC thats for sure. the dude serious went through quite a lot of emotional growth too. 

33 minutes ago, Cammy said:

im like obsessed haha. I think we all are really. 

@CatWhiskers definitely agree on JC being like an onion. he definitely has a lot of layers. 

though for me, I gotta give  credit to LX too. even people in the drama, like YF and JC, think that LX is "simple" when really, she actually is quite complicated herself. though simple in her pureness, kindness, and overall bluntness, she has a lot of depth too. especially since dying twice and returning to her  third life. she is able to re-evaluate her past life and make changes  accordingly to grow. and especially in ep  60 when she talk to herself at the gate opening before deciding to jump down to go and find him. 

she is simple in her loyalty for sure, but complex in her other aspect. though isn't as complicated as JC thats for sure. the dude serious went through quite a lot of emotional growth too. 

LX is more clear to see, as a character, but not simple at all ( i dont think there is actually a person with simplicity in character, only animals are simple-which is doubtable too lol)

She is just more extroverted and lets not forget how young she is compared to QY, JC, JX etc. 

She's almost a kid, being through so much. To me, JC is also straight simple, meaning that he is not walking on gray zones when thinking-acting. 

My gosh how i love the characters in this drama, most of them! I never liked so many characters in a show. Lately im watching closely QY (both actress and character), what a fine woman! How well balanced, how strict when needed, how powerful influence she's got on everyone with just 2-3 simple words. 

@Cammy you 've melted me with that fanfic! aaaaaaaaaaaa i cant wait for the drama to end with subs so we can start writing!

@Winterfairy Douban still at 8.1 but about 1000 votes every 1-2 days, i think we'll get an 8.2 any time now.

Just finished watching ep 54 subbed.

I need to say something-i know you 'll probably get mad at me and i can see your point- but i have to share it!

Dont know if its the translations-i doubt that- but that famous scene in 54 when JC goes to visit LX in Shan Ling tribe,  seemed a bit

cheesy and out of place and time for me.

At some point she says: "im angry cause you killed me 2 times". I had suspected that she said something like that, even when watched it raw, but i didnt expect to come out of her mouth as if she was saying something so  to just spice things up with her guy.

Its too soon for her two deaths to be heard as jokes and too silly to be mentioned like that. There were so many serious things happened between them, they deserved to have a serious discussion about them. Even LX's "anger", should be expressed seriously, as if from a person who went through a lot lot of suffering and not as coming out of the mouth of a woman who just throws a tantrum cause her man couldnt take her out last night!

QY described so perfectly LX's emotions to JC, that they could use her lines, instead of that cheesy thing i saw.

So, epic fail to me, it felt awkward. I would prefer this scene somewhere later, after a really serious discussion, just to give a funny and cute note to their relationship.

I dont blame it on the actors of course, i blame it on writing and directing at this particular scene. 

Ladies, i like your ideas! One great thing about this drama is the script and so it follows that discussions are meaningful. I can’t join and can only imagine what you guys are saying. I’m actually somewhat cross with the viki translators. A drama of this caliber should be a priority. I want more subbed episodes. I need more. I’m sorry if i sound ungrateful, i know i shouldn’t, i just can’t help it.

Anyway, i think i’m falling for the god of war. At first, i just admire the acting skill, he and NN are seriously good, but i think i am falling for the character, too, because of your descriptions of him. I reckon i will love JC before the final subbed episode will be uploaded. Oh, be still, my heart. 

29 minutes ago, sunkissedluna said:

Ladies, i like your ideas! One great thing about this drama is the script and so it follows that discussions are meaningful. I can’t join and can only imagine what you guys are saying. I’m actually somewhat cross with the viki translators. A drama of this caliber should be a priority. I want more subbed episodes. I need more. I’m sorry if i sound ungrateful, i know i shouldn’t, i just can’t help it.

Anyway, i think i’m falling for the god of war. At first, i just admire the acting skill, he and NN are seriously good, but i think i am falling for the character, too, because of your descriptions of him. I reckon i will love JC before the final subbed episode will be uploaded. Oh, be still, my heart. 

Welcome on board hon' !

:blush:

48 minutes ago, sunkissedluna said:

Keep watching and your heart will be like Zhuri bird chasing after the sun. 

JC is such a wholesome character (this is probably my bias) and even his flaws is his strong trait. His flaw is that he always put his responsibility before himself. He always do what’s right for everyone safety but neglect his own. 

Hello everyone!  I accidentally discovered this drama 5 days ago. Finished watching it today. (I kinda of hurried through, passing over the unimportant scenes.  So I will re-watch it again, more leisurely this time. To fully savour it's richness)

It is better than TMOPB in the sense that this story line is more "solid" and centres more on the 2 Main Leads.  No unnecessary love triangles. Misunderstandings between the 2 leads are minimal and get settled quickly.  The supporting actors and actress are equally good - especially the comedic ones.  Just the right dose of comedy in the right place - even in the serious situations

But I wish they have styled Chang Chen's hair differently to make him look more dashing. The way they styled his hair, do make him look "older".  What a waste.

I do not understand why "The Untamed" is more popular than this. Because this story line is certainly better than The Untamed.

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

Hello everyone!  I accidentally discovered this drama 5 days ago. Finished watching it today. (I kinda of hurried through, passing over the unimportant scenes.  So I will re-watch it again, more leisurely this time. To fully savour it's richness)

It is better than TMOPB in the sense that this story line is more "solid" and centres more on the 2 Main Leads.  No unnecessary love triangles. Misunderstandings between the 2 leads are minimal and get settled quickly.  The supporting actors and actress are equally good - especially the comedic ones.  Just the right dose of comedy in the right place - even in the serious situations

But I wish they have styled Chang Chen's hair differently to make him look more dashing. The way they styled his hair, do make him look "older".  What a waste.

I do not understand why "The Untamed" is more popular than this. Because this story line is certainly better than The Untamed.

Welcome to the sub. 

People are into younger actors, BL genre with a book tie in, whereas this series has older leads, no book tie-in and typical storyline for this genre.   People love what they love and we love what we love.   Don't try to compare this to Untamed or even to TMOPB.  Just enjoy this series as its own.  

2 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

Keep watching and your heart will be like Zhuri bird chasing after the sun. 

JC is such a wholesome character (this is probably my bias) and even his flaws is his strong trait. His flaw is that he always put his responsibility before himself. He always do what’s right for everyone safety but neglect his own. 

Add me in as another bias person.  :lol:

Archived