[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

11 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Lol..i echo what @Winterfairy said....a flood is coming soon..  Mortal arc is my favourite because u get to see Jiuchen head on pursue Lingxi. Nothing holds him back...like literally. Lol.

Haha now I'm excited. I was worried Jing Xiu would be in the way and try to block Jiu Chen and Ling Xi, but now I feel better. And MAN, the way he looks at her is everything. His gaze is full of love, but also the look of "I want you, and I want you now." 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Minitsuii said:

O my I didn't check this thread the whole day and got a whole bunch of updates to read through! Will take some time to reply everyone slowly hehehe

@shimshimae methinks JC's Shifu is also reminding him to honour his teachings/ the path he's chosen as the God of War. I was talking to my mom and she was saying that JC's path of cultivation was one of 'no relationships' - renouncing love, marriage etc, things a 'normal immortal' would have the chance to do. He had a different kind of life where protecting the world and learning how to was his priority. His major birthdays were celebrated with new magical artefacts that would aid his cultivation and training versus having a big banquet where you could invite all your friends and family to (see episode 58 when's he talking to his Shifu). Which is probably why he reminds JC of the hard truth, that to protect the world, LX must die. Even if there was another way, the sacrifice of one is worth protecting all of the Nine Realms of Heaven. 

But I would also argue that his Shifu's reluctance to let JC do the 'round-about' method of him digging out his heart, trading it for the Shen Nong Cauldron is because he refuses to let JC die *again*, not because JC is the God of War but also because he cares for and loves JC as well. Maybe to his Shifu JC dying for the world is worth the sacrifice, but a small fairy? Bad trade. But also his shifu said that he wasn't willing to go through JC dying again. Shifu even told JC that he needs live for a long time to protect the world. 

Which is why I found it super moving at the end when his Shifu was now willing to sacrifice himself to let JC and LX get married. He says to JC, "you can finally have a 'normal immortal life' don't squander the chance". Like richard simmons man I cried buckets because I really felt the love. 

@Winterfairy I always assumed the hand grab was just to give LX justification for being so close to him. Like by holding her hand and walking out of there, it stops people from saying how impolite she is for not obeying the rules of the banquet and being close to JC without a 'justified reason'. But maybe he also doesn't mind being lumped together with her LOL I just think it's quite funny that JC might actually be a virgin LOLOLOLOL 

@shimshimae @Cammy I also think his unwillingness to let LX help is because he doesn't want her to go through anymore hurt/ pain or suffering. Like seeing her die twice was so painful for him and if she came with him and he couldn't protect her I really think JC would have just have gone mad and died right then and there. Even if she did become a High God, she's still his most precious person. And methinks even the possibility of her getting hurt again or dying again makes him worried. But she follows him anyway, much to his anger and annoyance but also relief and appreciation? Like he's honestly really touched that she would go to Fulingyuan to be with him

I missed a lot of JC's conversations with his Shifu (and others) because of the subs - what you said makes sense - Shifu was initially very reluctant because the choice seemed so obvious - one small fairy versus the world - but that was more so because he had no exposure to LX at that point - he only cared about the world and JC but that choice was more tough for JC because he knows LX - he could still live with the guilt of killing his comrades who turned to the demonic side but he realised he could not live with letting her die - no matter how much he was confined to dwell on it (the stone-wall seclusion thingy) his answer would not change - that became something which was non-negotiable for him 

I didn't know Shifu was willing to die for them :') - very touching - every character in this drama is sacrificing something or the other - for good and for bad lol 

And about not letting LX onto his plans - I agree with your points - and it was very touching to see him with all those emotions which you mentioned (anger, worry, relief, appreciation, etc.) - I just think it never really struck him how much she loves him and her being there and marrying him is something which really moves him - and he takes to being the husband so quick and so well :D^_^ 

@Minitsuii I assume he held her hand to make sure she left with him without passing out. But someone else say he was mad so just grab his “belonging”, it makes sense too. 

Lol about his being a virgin people seem to hint at it. YT even congratulates him :joy:hahahaha 

@shimshimae I didn’t know Shifu was willing to die for them either. I didn’t get any sub after ep 31, so I just guess what they’re saying.

Finally made it to the eggmaking scene, boy o boy :D that was actually just too cute for words. 

And look what I found in Insta, no idea where to get them though :tears: might have been made specifically for the actors.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1iRy14hkMg/?igshid=1mt69ox3ovbwr

the spoiler is empty, tried to delete and made it worse...

Spoiler
Spoiler

8 hours ago, Minitsuii said:

O my I didn't check this thread the whole day and got a whole bunch of updates to read through! Will take some time to reply everyone slowly hehehe

@shimshimae @Cammy I also think his unwillingness to let LX help is because he doesn't want her to go through anymore hurt/ pain or suffering. Like seeing her die twice was so painful for him and if she came with him and he couldn't protect her I really think JC would have just have gone mad and died right then and there. Even if she did become a High God, she's still his most precious person. And methinks even the possibility of her getting hurt again or dying again makes him worried. But she follows him anyway, much to his anger and annoyance but also relief and appreciation? Like he's honestly really touched that she would go to Fulingyuan to be with him

very good point. I also agree and understood why  he did what he did. 

I honestly don't think he can survive seeing her dying a third time either. 

It was very touching how he was so emotionally tortured that she was there to be with him knowing all the danger :bawling:

he was so angry/sad/happy.....CC was seriously so good in that scene and NN really delivers 

oh had anyone watch ep37 with subs? 

that last part where JX was trying to get JC to leave by saying that 

'A'mo and I have liked each other long ago. why do you appear and interfere with us?" made me gag and cringe so freaking hard. 

URGH you gross gross man. GO AWAY. Ah'Mo told you as much...

ugh....shameless. 

52 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

Is rating better or viewers better?

Love and Destiny started at 5.4 but both rating and viewers # are increasing daily.  Right now no one really know when it'll stop and what the final rating is going to be.   Which is why people are celebrating when it hit a new rating #.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

'A'mo and I have liked each other long ago. why do you appear and interfere with us?" made me gag and cringe so freaking hard. 

ugh....shameless. 

Are you telling me you're join the club of "I don't like JX character" with me and @Minitsuii,  come to the dark side ... :lol:

Wait until you watch the end, it's even more cringe. 

2 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Are you telling me you're join the club of "I don't like JX character" with me and @Minitsuii,  come to the dark side ... :lol:

lol I have been in the club since forever! but the subs fuel the hate I didn't know could grow this much haha. 

he's just so cringe and the horrible acting doesn't help! 

7 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

@Cammy @blueclueblue it gets so much worse later o my loooord. my eyes were permanently glued to the top of their sockets when he came on screen HAHAHA 

8 hours ago, Cammy said:

ugh....shameless. 

I watched it. I was so grossed out. Like uhhhhh, who liked you? A'mo? I especially hate that he tried to speak for her. 

On another note though, A'mo needs to start pushing JX away and making it more apparent that she only sees him as a brother, nothing more. And it would be nice if JX would just leave the two lovebirds alone in the mortal world. It is nice to see Jiu Chen fight for her though.

1 hour ago, Minitsuii said:

@Cammy @blueclueblue it gets so much worse later o my loooord. my eyes were permanently glued to the top of their sockets when he came on screen HAHAHA 

yeah. its gonna get good with subs too haha can't wait! 

1 hour ago, roxnilla7 said:

I watched it. I was so grossed out. Like uhhhhh, who liked you? A'mo? I especially hate that he tried to speak for her. 

On another note though, A'mo needs to start pushing JX away and making it more apparent that she only sees him as a brother, nothing more. And it would be nice if JX would just leave the two lovebirds alone in the mortal world. It is nice to see Jiu Chen fight for her though.

he's so gross lmao. he knows she wants him out and yet he felt entitled to be around her...urgh. 

10 hours ago, stella77 said:

I am waiting for the English subs to be finished and then watch it during my vacation or holidays. 

Great idea. I figured hey, the drama is finally finished airing I can watch it now. Little did I know, the even though the drama is complete, the sub isnt and probably wont be finished until sometime next month. Now I have to wait :(

Archived