[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

10 hours ago, Winterfairy said:

Y’all have to rewatch episode 2 lol. Every time JC saw Shi San his facial expression is hilarious. At the beginning I feel bad for him because he just woke up from a bloody battle. Then saw a big change in subordinate...mind exploded internally.

Hahaha yes it must so disorienting with both Shi San and this chirpy silly bird who has no sense of rules or propriety

Also, yesterday I watched some parts of ep 2 - there's a bit where LX tries to enter into JC's bed chamber and is stopped by the kunlun sword - she doesn't back away which surprises JC and he asks, "why didn't you back off? aren't you afraid of it?" And she replies, "why should I hide when I did nothing wrong?" I think she makes an impression there - silly little lovely bird :joy:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Girls i ve created an event so we can comment there a bunch of 10 episodes each week and have this thread as the main L&D thread, so to not mess up the whole thing for new users-watchers coming in here.

I tagged some of you -the ones i remember your names- but its for everyone, so i leave the link here for you to join!

2 hours ago, shimshimae said:

Hahaha yes it must so disorienting with both Shi San and this chirpy silly bird who has no sense of rules or propriety

Also, yesterday I watched some parts of ep 2 - there's a bit where LX tries to enter into JC's bed chamber and is stopped by the kunlun sword - she doesn't back away which surprises JC and he asks, "why didn't you back off? aren't you afraid of it?" And she replies, "why should I hide when I did nothing wrong?" I think she makes an impression there - silly little lovely bird :joy:

Yeah, I think that surprised him. Also in episode 3 when JC visit peach blossom forest, we get to see Ling Xi toy sword is the same one as in the last episode.

1 hour ago, Winterfairy said:

Yeah, I think that surprised him. Also in episode 3 when JC visit peach blossom forest, we get to see Ling Xi toy sword is the same one as in the last episode.

I was about to point this - she gets that toy sword holder to Congji Abyss for her daughter :D

And I love that sequence when he sees her past before his eyes - everything about him! reading books about him, painting his portrait lol 

it must have moved him a little (a LOT) :D 

some screenshots I really like:

Spoiler

when I think he realises she's a woman:

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-22-23-43.png

when Xiao Bai is naughty - JC looks so cute here! :

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-22-42-02.png

And I think he purposefully let Xiao Bai do mischief and make things worse for LX (she's running around the dog in this scene) - here's him having fun at her expense:

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-22-45-00.png

50 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I was about to point this - she gets that toy sword holder to Congji Abyss for her daughter :D

And I love that sequence when he sees her past before his eyes - everything about him! reading books about him, painting his portrait lol 

it must have moved him a little (a LOT) :D 

some screenshots I really like:

Hide contents

when I think he realises she's a woman:

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-22-23-43.png

when Xiao Bai is naughty - JC looks so cute here! :

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-22-42-02.png

And I think he purposefully let Xiao Bai do mischief and make things worse for LX (she's running around the dog in this scene) - here's him having fun at her expense:

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-22-45-00.png

Lol I feel like he’s always a gentleman, even when she took off her outer gown to jump into the lake he turn around, even he was curious to know what she’s planning. I love those screenshots! You’re right, and I think he’s enjoying Xiao Bai mischief too. 

Btw I finally know who brought Xiao Bai to the palace. Turn out it was the same blue bird that belong to Yu Li.

7 minutes ago, crispachu said:

Hi everyone - sorry for the lack of recaps - been on vacation for the last 8 days. Have a lot to catch up on!! I imagine everyone's finished the series? If you want me to, I can continue adding recaps as I catch up.

Welcome back! Please continue because most of us are watching it without subs. 

11 hours ago, Minitsuii said:

Like honestly I think they short-changed her character. We should have had a final showdown between YT and our girl LX (test them new God powers). Ya! she's really good as an actress, she really made me hate her and she did such a good job with the role as well. 

I think Bao Qing's acting was pretty good too!! I think Ethan Li (the guy that plays JX) was just overly dramatising at times? You can see that from the way he talks about his role in the BTS he's quite serious or like quite a method actor? I think his costume look wasn't great :'( and the writing for his character was a bit, flat? Like I see how they thought it would work but his motivations/ character arc seemed so muddled that I just felt towards the end them forcing his love for LM as the main driving factor for his demonic possession was like -face palm- also his speech at the end about demons being in LX and JC's hearts was...  -face palm-

I guess they did short-changed YT character, but at the same time it seems like they plan for JX to be bad guy since the beginning. 

I think Ethan Li didn’t understand the character so he couldn’t bring out whatever the scriptwriter had in mind.  They practically layout all of the scenes for his character as ambiguous, sympathetic and walking the fine line of good and evil.  They even said it out loud how he teeters between good and evil and he should choose a side.

I was okay with his character for the most parts, it was only until the end with that speech that I face palm and downright hate his character.  I don’t see or feel the supposed “love” he has for Ah Mo during their time together, it was through side character that I get that info.  The actor needs to act that out, not some side character to point it out. 

JC character is very flat in the beginning as well, all he did was sitting, reading, meditate or drinking tea, and since I wasn’t paying attention to Chang Chen and his facial acting, I was surprised by his actions in the later episodes.  Every time I rewatch the earlier episodes, I found more detail that I missed .  At first, I thought it was in episode 10 that he really shows his love for her but I was so wrong, it was much much earlier than that.  

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/150331927/

Saw this on douban, someone did some detective work and point out the significance of the unripe fruit.

There was a scene where the maid gave LX the unripe fruit, JX explained that it’s not the type that LX will like since it’s unripe and sour.  Then in the later scenes, the fruits are on LX’s table so people are saying that she’s pregnant at that time and the fruits appear again with the family picture.

54 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

Lol I feel like he’s always a gentleman, even when she took off her outer gown to jump into the lake he turn around, even he was curious to know what she’s planning. I love those screenshots! You’re right, and I think he’s enjoying Xiao Bai mischief too. 

Btw I finally know who brought Xiao Bai to the palace. Turn out it was the same blue bird that belong to Yu Li.

hahaha yes - LX mentions it to JC when he finds out about the dog - it was originally intended to be food for some sacred beasts 

JC was only a gentleman till arc 1 - after that he turned into a lovely rogue :D :D

Spoiler

this is way ahead ep 19 he's warmed up to LX by this point - even kisses her on the forehead and now he's saying something that he has to go and he'll be back soon - he goes forward and grabs her hand to stress this - his way of indicating yes-we-are-a-couple-now and he turns and has this ever so slight smug face which is this:

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-23-03-11.png

but our silly bird is way ahead of him and kisses him on the cheek :D:D 

57 minutes ago, crispachu said:

Hi everyone - sorry for the lack of recaps - been on vacation for the last 8 days. Have a lot to catch up on!! I imagine everyone's finished the series? If you want me to, I can continue adding recaps as I catch up.

Hello! welcome back - please do!! From ep 32 (subs are available till ep 31)

thank you! ^_^ 

15 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/150331927/

Saw this on douban, someone did some detective work and point out the significance of the unripe fruit.

There was a scene where the maid gave LX the unripe fruit, JX explained that it’s not the type that LX will like since it’s unripe and sour.  Then in the later scenes, the fruits are on LX’s table so people are saying that she’s pregnant at that time and the fruits appear again with the family picture.

when is this scene? I usually skip JX's scenes :joy: (even if LX is there lol) - @blueclueblue found it on the page - didn't scroll down earlier lol 

16 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I guess they did short-changed YT character, but at the same time it seems like they plan for JX to be bad guy since the beginning. 

I think Ethan Li didn’t understand the character so he couldn’t bring out whatever the scriptwriter had in mind.  They practically layout all of the scenes for his character as ambiguous, sympathetic and walking the fine line of good and evil.  They even said it out loud how he teeters between good and evil and he should choose a side.

I was okay with his character for the most parts, it was only until the end with that speech that I face palm and downright hate his character.  I don’t see or feel the supposed “love” he has for Ah Mo during their time together, it was through side character that I get that info.  The actor needs to act that out, not some side character to point it out. 

JC character is very flat in the beginning as well, all he did was sitting, reading, meditate or drinking tea, and since I wasn’t paying attention to Chang Chen and his facial acting, I was surprised by his actions in the later episodes.  Every time I rewatch the earlier episodes, I found more detail that I missed .  At first, I thought it was in episode 10 that he really shows his love for her but I was so wrong, it was much much earlier than that.  

Ni Ni points out in her interview that Chang Chen doesn't move much but can convey a lot with his expressions - it becomes evident when you rewatch the episodes - I really enjoy rewatching them - there are so many details that pop out :D @Winterfairy has a good eye in this too :D 

I skipped a lot of YT's scenes too and I can't really comment without watching the scenes with subs - so I have a neutral take on this who's-supposed-to-be-the-bad-guy debate :D 

18 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

hahaha yes - LX mentions it to JC when he finds out about the dog - it was originally intended to be food for some sacred beasts 

JC was only a gentleman till arc 1 - after that he turned into a lovely rogue :D :D

Hide contents

this is way ahead ep 19 he's warmed up to LX by this point - even kisses her on the forehead and now he's saying something that he has to go and he'll be back soon - he goes forward and grabs her hand to stress this - his way of indicating yes-we-are-a-couple-now and he turns and has this ever so slight smug face which is this:

Screenshot-at-Aug-22-23-03-11.png

but our silly bird is way ahead of him and kisses him on the cheek :D:D 

Hello! welcome back - please do!! From after ep 32 (subs are available till ep 31)

thank you! ^_^ 

Funniest part in ep3 when he is investigating her past, is when he sees that picture of him that she painted, which shows him as an old man! hahahahahahahahahahah his face! That "uncle" thing is hunting him from the start!

:joy:

@blueclueblue During the first episodes, i think he was purposely meant to be flat as character and behavior. He was just woken up from a coma-kind of- he was adjusting, he was gaining his energy back, it would be strange if he was behaving normally.

After all, as a person, he was a dull person (as he himself admitted when talking with his bro later).

I think that in this part, they developed his reactions pretty well. A dull, severe, introverted person, just comes back from hibernation,

and gradually is awakening by all means, his senses, his feelings, and and new feelings begin to rise inside him, as compassion, love, desire etc. So when in mortal realm and afterwards, he becomes a man that experiences all kinds of emotions, a more complete person than before.

Spoiler

(some scenes are left unexplained-though i havent watched everything in detail till now that im watching with subs: heavenly emperor knew about JC's plan to send LX in mortal realm and then come back demon-spirit-clean? cause at some point, i think in ep 22, heavenly emperor enters JC's room but the scene is cut and continues with LX's trial etc)

5 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Funniest part in ep3 when he is investigating her past, is when he sees that picture of him that she painted, which shows him as an old man! hahahahahahahahahahah his face! That "uncle" thing is hunting him from the start!

@blueclueblue During the first episodes, i think he was purposely meant to be flat as character and behavior. He was just woken up from a coma-kind of- he was adjusting, he was gaining his energy back, it would be strange if he was behaving normally.

After all, as a person, he was a dull person (as he himself admitted when talking with his bro later).

I think that in this part, they developed his reactions pretty well. A dull, severe, introverted person, just comes back from hibernation,

and gradually is awakening by all means, his senses, his feelings, and and new feelings begin to rise inside him, as compassion, love, desire etc. So when in mortal realm and afterwards, he becomes a man that experiences all kinds of emotions, a more complete person than before.

to be fair - he is old! he just doesn't look old or in his case feel old LOL - and true although he's been around for so long - he never experiences a lot of things until LX comes into his life (like eating street food lol) - she brings life into him - no wonder he gets attached to her so quickly lol 

21 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

when is this scene? I usually skip JX's scenes :joy: (even if LX is there lol) - @blueclueblue found it on the page - didn't scroll down earlier lol 

Ni Ni points out in her interview that Chang Chen doesn't move much but can convey a lot with his expressions - it becomes evident when you rewatch the episodes - I really enjoy rewatching them - there are so many details that pop out :D @Winterfairy has a good eye in this too :D 

I skipped a lot of YT's scenes too and I can't really comment without watching the scenes with subs - so I have a neutral take on this who's-supposed-to-be-the-bad-guy debate :D 

Episode 52.  When Wu Wan visit her.

@Winterfairy really has good eyes.  It almost feel like we're doing treasure hunt trying to find detail that we missed.  

There's a little bias on my part for  Hai Ling so I watched all of her scenes and I really enjoy her take on the character.  I really do not like Ethan Li's acting. 

17 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Hide contents

(some scenes are left unexplained-though i havent watched everything in detail till now that im watching with subs: heavenly emperor knew about JC's plan to send LX in mortal realm and then come back demon-spirit-clean? cause at some point, i think in ep 22, heavenly emperor enters JC's room but the scene is cut and continues with LX's trial etc)

I've to rewatch this.  That's so funny.  :joy:

I understand about his character being flat in the beginning. It was more or less about acting ability to bring out the character.  Hence why I rewatch scenes that people pointed out.

The Heavenly emperor told JC about the cauldron and gave him permission for it.

8 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Episode 52.  When Wu Wan visit her.

@Winterfairy really has good eyes.  It almost feel like we're doing treasure hunt trying to find detail that we missed.  

There's a little bias on my part for  Hai Ling so I watched all of her scenes and I really enjoy her take on the character.  I really do not like Ethan Li's acting. 

I understand where you are coming from - like you've said he could not interpret his character properly - there was a BTS also (which was posted earlier) where there's a discussion between him and Ni Ni and she points out that's not how Amo/LX sees JX or something (don't remember that well) point being - his take wasn't in sync 

it is like a treasure hunt lol :D every time I see some of the early scenes I find something new

Spoiler

I just rewatched bits and pieces of many episodes last one being ep 60

can we just admire how strong and dutiful LX is when she's sealing them? - she doesn't get overly emotional - understands the importance what's supposed to be done and does it once JC tells her to do so 

10 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Chang Chen's music video for his short stint as a musician.  :joy:

I really love how people in China are dig up his old stuffs and post them in weibo or douban because they love him too much.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4407792670362278

this is SO funny :joy:  is there ever a point where women weren't crazy about him LOL  and his dimples :heart:

When you are watching episode 30-35.. Just eat the damn peaches!!! Lol. And please tell me I wasnt the only one that skip Jung Xiu and Ling Xi scenes in mortal world. I try to watch it, but its hard.. It's also kinda hard to feel bad for JX. I guess I just have a hard time understanding his character. He's just annoying at this point lol.

6 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I understand where you are coming from - like you've said he could not interpret his character properly - there was a BTS also (which was posted earlier) where there's a discussion between him and Ni Ni and she points out that's not how Amo/LX sees JX or something (don't remember that well) point being - his take wasn't in sync 

it is like a treasure hunt lol :D every time I see some of the early scenes I find something new

Hide contents

I just rewatched bits and pieces of many episodes last one being ep 60

can we just admire how strong and dutiful LX is when she's sealing them? - she doesn't get overly emotional - understands the importance what's supposed to be done and does it once JC tells her to do so 

The conversation she has with herself before jumping down is really emotional as well.  She questioned why he didn't trust her with his decision by not saying anything and just left

Archived