[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Sleepydream said:

I just finished watching this drama.  I too am part of the withdrawal symptoms sufferers :joy:  The main couple had great chemistry together!  Now I'm at a loss for what to watch next :huh:

Is seriously very hard to find anything that can replace L&D now right? I am very particular...the male lead must be manly not the young girly looking boy and the female lead must be beautiful yet not plastic looking...plus must hv good chemistry. And those who can act! Too many out there idol type actor/actress who cant act...lol

Now i think i am overly particular...am i?

18 hours ago, Vals Stor said:

No! They call him/her by his/her name, but they use the plural form of verbs and pronouns, for example:

"Vals, je vous aime" and not "Vals, je t' aime"  (the first one is called the plural of politeness. Actually, French and Greek have this form of speaking -dont know if other europeans use it) -meaning i love you.

I cant explain it exactly, cause Chinese is a total different language and i cant give a similar example, plus, in english we re writing here, there's no such thing. But its kinda fun!

What's the meaning of "nine princess" and "nine young sister"?

Jiu mean nine and chen mean imperial per google translation.  So his nickname is Nine princess (NiNi made the comment in the BTS that his bed is very feminine, look like it's for a princess) and nine young sister (also from BTS, don't know how it come about).  

7 hours ago, Sugar doughtnut said:

First A mo throw at river by her dad

Second when kidnaped by bandit. 2 bandit was freeze by Jiu chen

Third like you say, dying in JC arm before Ling Xi back to heaven. 

They only talk about the 1st and 2nd explicitly so the third is shown to us.

The first one is right

Second is her dead

Third is to die again since she's being resurrected by Jing Xiu.  Her willingness to come back as LX or live at Ah Mo.

1 hour ago, Maci_Mettle said:

Is seriously very hard to find anything that can replace L&D now right? I am very particular...the male lead must be manly not the young girly looking boy and the female lead must be beautiful yet not plastic looking...plus must hv good chemistry. And those who can act! Too many out there idol type actor/actress who cant act...lol

Now i think i am overly particular...am i?

No, not at all.  I'm not into whatever the c-drama is churning out right now.  Too many idol drama with the 2 leads making googly eyes at each other.  Everything feel overly filter and they're all look too clean and pretty that it does feel like a real person.  Most series are either overly dramatic or overly fluff, nothing in between.   So I hear you. 

45 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

The eternal flame left by the God of Fire which she exchange her hearing for. The flame stand in place of his Nuwa heart and also cure his ailment as well

I get this part but in one episode in mortal realm when they are together and it's raining - his hand turns cold - why is that, any idea?

20 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

We should launch a rewatch and watch together for all those who r suffering withdrawal symptoms. It would be fun. Give say....1 episode per day or 2 days one episode and we can talk here. Lol. Anyone also knows anyone writing fanfic?

as for fanfic @sabinebiene and @Alice_in_a_rabbithole are into angsty fanfic :joy:

I'm not particularly into angsty stuff - I usually post small fanfic scenes if some nice idea strikes :) 

@CatWhiskers I'm in for the rewatch-together stuff :D it'll be fun 

48 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

We should launch a rewatch and watch together for all those who r suffering withdrawal symptoms. It would be fun. Give say....1 episode per day or 2 days one episode and we can talk here. Lol. Anyone also knows anyone writing fanfic?

Im in for that rewatch thing!

Now that im watching the subbed episodes from the beginning, i ve noticed something that Yuan Tong said to JC: "its the first time that you took a girl in your chambers through the night, congradulations!" (what a humiliation hahaha)

Was he a virgin? Oh my cant believe it!

5 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

I read this article about Chang Chen it's in chinese (I used google translate so it was a bit crazy) however it was very interesting.
Chang Chen Article (Chinese)

This is a pretty good article; it covers a lot of topic, how Chang Chen starts and such, why movie stars like Zhang ZiYi, Tang Wei and Zhou Xun are making tv series.  I'll post the translation later.

I don't agree with the last bit of the article, it said that Chang Chen didn't want to be in Zhang Zi Yi's debut TV series Monarch Industry ( 帝凰业 ) because he couldn't outshine her. 

Since I don't really follow the news very closely but I remember reading it that they couldn't start the filming because they couldn't find the male lead. Zhang Zi Yi selected Zhou Yi Wei  as the male lead because she likes him in Brotherhood of Blades and he was on her reality tv series Birth of an Actor 演员的诞生. 

I personally don't watch all of Zhang Zi Yi's movies, she didn't give me a good impression in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.   

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

I'm rewatching it anyway.  I'm up to episode 10 now.  Need to come up with a schedule or something.

26 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Im in for that rewatch thing!

Now that im watching the subbed episodes from the beginning, i ve noticed something that Yuan Tong said to JC: "its the first time that you took a girl in your chambers through the night, congradulations!" (what a humiliation hahaha)

Was he a virgin? Oh my cant believe it!

He never fall in love before i think. He always alone, never like noise. I remember at cong ji he say he so boring person. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar doughtnut said:

He never fall in love before i think. He always alone, never like noise. I remember at cong ji he say he so boring person. 

I can deal with that "never fall in love before" but not even sex? They pushed it to the limits i think!

:lol:

Lol...Whoever in for the rewatch...lets do episode 1-10 by Friday and air your thoughts here.could be opinions...or some details missed...etc... Since some of us are up to episode 10 already. 

By the way, I rewatched up to episode 3. Does anyone think that Jiuchen is also attracted to ling xi's pretty face at first sight? Or at least acknowledge that she is pretty? I mean he is a male. Physical beauty has to account to it. And it is quite obvious lingxi is very pretty 

Archived