[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

10 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

@BaiZiHua I was going to post the BTS video but you beat me to it. 

I wondered if they cut out the scene where she asked for a kiss and he gave her a peck on the nose.  I don't remember seeing that.

I also really like the director instruction and everyone reaction for the bed scene.  :blush:

They need to post more BTS videos.

Yeap, they cut that scene, and replaced it with a light kiss on the lips before he leaves

But i ve also seen at least 2 kisses that never aired. One more in the bedroom when he proposed and another one which i dont remember the exact scene.

We indeed need more bts!

I guess we' ll get more as time goes by, usually it goes like this, the drama is over and then there's a huge wave of interviews, bts, bloopers etc

:relaxed:

Only problem is that they dont subtitle the interviews. Too pity!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Thank you!

Its very bad that they use dubbing in general. They waste half of the actor's performance. The voice, the tone of speaking,

the voice "colors" are part of acting, such a waste.......

Oh! Girls, i dont know how many of you are Chinese, but as much as i find this complicated (i mean the ways you address each other),

i find it very cute! Though i 've met Chinese people who lived abroad, and they have left that habit back in their country, so when i met them they were calling each other just by their names (or nicknames). But its kinda cute!

I don't really care much if someone calls me jie jie or not.  It's the laoshi that's really throwing me off and feel a little bit over the top.   Honestly, even with calling someone by their name doesn't mean you don't respect them. 

I also prefer to hear the actor "real" voice, I hate hearing dubbed voice; you can't hear the actor's voice performance.  So dubbing an actor voices is just something I am not very much on board with.   

2 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Yeap, they cut that scene, and replaced it with a light kiss on the lips before he leaves

But i ve also seen at least 2 kisses that never aired. One more in the bedroom when he proposed and another one which i dont remember the exact scene.

We indeed need more bts!

I guess we' ll get more as time goes by, usually it goes like this, the drama is over and then there's a huge wave of interviews, bts, bloopers etc

:relaxed:

Only problem is that they dont subtitle the interviews. Too pity!

Can't leave me hanging with that nuggets. Spill out the info, where did you see what you posted about the cut kisses scenes.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

Can't leave me hanging with that nuggets. Spill out the info, where did you see what you posted about the cut kisses scenes.  :lol:

(believe it or not, from the moment i told you that, im already re-searching my browser's history to find it again hahahahahahahahah)

8 minutes ago, blueclueblue said:

I don't really care much if someone call me jie jie or not.  It's the laoshi that's really throwing me off and feel a little bit over the top.   Honestly, even with calling someone by their name doesn't mean you don't respect them. 

Sure! But even though im western, if i was raised with that cultural habit i would do the same.

Its like that thing with plural. For example everywhere around Europe, we use plural when we address someone we dont know well, just being polite and formal.

But in France, they use plural sometimes even with friends, partners etc. Actually they find it sexy sometimes :relaxed:

16 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

(believe it or not, from the moment i told you that, im already re-searching my browser's history to find it again hahahahahahahahah)

Sure! But even though im western, if i was raised with that cultural habit i would do the same.

Its like that thing with plural. For example everywhere around Europe, we use plural when we address someone we dont know well, just being polite and formal.

But in France, they use plural sometimes even with friends, partners etc. Actually they find it sexy sometimes :relaxed:

I'm chinese and I call people that are older than me in their respectable form of addressing them.  For people that I just meet, the formally is not that important to me even if they're younger.

So they'll call their partner madame or mademoiselle or monsier, etc

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

I'm chinese and I call people that are older than me in their respectable form of addressing them.  For people that I just meet, the formally is not that important to me even if they're younger.

So they'll call their partner madame or mademoiselle or monsier, etc

No! They call him/her by his/her name, but they use the plural form of verbs and pronouns, for example:

"Vals, je vous aime" and not "Vals, je t' aime"  (the first one is called the plural of politeness. Actually, French and Greek have this form of speaking -dont know if other europeans use it) -meaning i love you.

I cant explain it exactly, cause Chinese is a total different language and i cant give a similar example, plus, in english we re writing here, there's no such thing. But its kinda fun!

1 hour ago, blueclueblue said:

There’re more and more people watching and rating this series on douban. 

Because of Jiu Chen’s bed setup, people nickname Jiu chen as “nine princess九公主” and “nine young sister (九妹)”.

What's the meaning of "nine princess" and "nine young sister"?

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for sharing translations and spoilers. Just want to ask if this drama will air on Viki? I don’t see a fan site set up for Love and Destiny. I’ve been sending (spamming) viki requests for this drama. Is anyone else doing the same?

32 minutes ago, Winterfairy said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for sharing translations and spoilers. Just want to ask if this drama will air on Viki? I don’t see a fan site set up for Love and Destiny. I’ve been sending (spamming) viki requests for this drama. Is anyone else doing the same?

sadly, I highly doubt viki will pick it up anytime soon.....you'd have wait for the slow subs on youtube. 

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

sadly, I highly doubt viki will pick it up anytime soon.....you'd have wait for the slow subs on youtube. 

I’ll continue spamming them until they do lol. I’ve been watching raw episodes so many times that I can now understand some Mandarin.

They didn't used to dub as much, these days historical are usually dubbed, contemporary are toss up, webdramas aren't. It's an accent issue (for tw actors usually, taiwanese accent are extremely noticeable and no go for historical), language issue (for hk actors), budget issue (professional dubber dub much faster, and recording live actually use more money since you have to audio control too), and noise pollution thing. For Nini here, it's because her voice isn't as "girly"/"innocent" which was her image in first third of the drama. I've seen people mention this production team prefer using professional dubbers, so there's that too.

With the names thing, it depends what kind of setting you are in. Laoshi denotes respect for the entertainment circle, it doesn't apply anywhere else, it's just common curtsy? In general professional setting, you are more likely to do last name + professional title, for someone who's same age + rank as you, you probably do part of their names. Full name just seem like a serious situation? It's similar thing to Japan and Korea, but to a much lesser degree in China.

I’m stumped watching a re-run, and need your help... what are the three trials in the mortal arc?

First was her dad trying to kill her. 

Second ....? (dying in JX arms?)

Third was A’Mo learning about Ling Xi and dying in JC’s arms

1 hour ago, DramaLover said:

I’m stumped watching a re-run, and need your help... what are the three trials in the mortal arc?

First was her dad trying to kill her. 

Second ....? (dying in JX arms?)

Third was A’Mo learning about Ling Xi and dying in JC’s arms

First A mo throw at river by her dad

Second when kidnaped by bandit. 2 bandit was freeze by Jiu chen

Third like you say, dying in JC arm before Ling Xi back to heaven. 

8 minutes ago, CatWhiskers said:

Thank you...suffering withdrawal syndrome is hard.

same girl same....I don't  know what to do with myself right now ...the only  thing I do is  wait for the subs now.....

but I don't  have anything to wake up to and that's pretty sad at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Steely said:

Song is called Water From the Heaven (水从天上来) by Zhang Bichen and Zheng Yunlong

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqXth5vddZg

thank you for sharing! I was looking forever! love how deep lyrics are for fantasy/ancient series. and it fits JC and LX perfectly! 

Archived