[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

5 minutes ago, Cammy said:

LOL I  couldn't get through 10mins of it, it was sooooooo ridiculous. 

she's amazingly  beautiful, very worthy of being called fairy sister, but that  movie....dear lord....

and honestly speaking she's not that good of an actress....range wise...shes still lacking, but regardless, I'll still go see Mulan when it comes out haha 

:joy::joy::joy:

I honestly never really got through the whole thing with TMOPB....Bai Qian was not a great lead IMO. bad acting aside, her attitude is worst than LX....and not to mention she legit forgot about her son for years to go and drink because Ye Hua died....its just a no  no all together....

I rather theres no kiss than that shock girl wide eye kiss anyway....if you can even call it that...its legit just lips touching (which btw, works so well in this drama because it made sense) 

I totally agree about Bai Qian. Both Yang Mi's acting plus the horrible script about Bai Qian 's character, ruined the whole thing. 

If it weren't for the whole production i wouldnt recommend it.

(thinking that even you who are so soft hearted with heroes, as i read your points here in L&D, you are still negative towards Bai Qian, you can imagine how upset was i while watching TMOPB)

:joy:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

I totally agree about Bai Qian. Both Yang Mi's acting plus the horrible script about Bai Qian 's character, ruined the whole thing. 

If it weren't for the whole production i wouldnt recommend it.

(thinking that even you who are so soft hearted with heroes, as i read your points here in L&D, you are still negative towards Bai Qian, you can imagine how upset was i while watching TMOPB)

:joy:

haha I could only imagine the rage you must have felt! 

I skimmed through it because I like Dijun and FengJiu a little more, and plus my mom loved it so I kinda watch to see what all the fuss was all about. 

but I definitely have a bit of a soft spot for our little bird here in L&D haha. 

the production is indeed gorgeous though, far better than most I've seen, so im glad L&D got the same treatment! 

btw where did you watch savage? I've been looking for it to no avail! 

6 minutes ago, Cammy said:

haha I could only imagine the rage you must have felt! 

I skimmed through it because I like Dijun and FengJiu a little more, and plus my mom loved it so I kinda watch to see what all the fuss was all about. 

but I definitely have a bit of a soft spot for our little bird here in L&D haha. 

the production is indeed gorgeous though, far better than most I've seen, so im glad L&D got the same treatment! 

btw where did you watch savage? I've been looking for it to no avail! 

Here you go: https://www.duboku.net/vodplay/682-1-1.html

I didn't love the movie, the plot was ok, but the chemistry between our leads is just as sizzling. That shower scene was short was so good, haha @Vals Stor yes they were practically eating each other. I wanna see that same kind of intensity here, given all the angst they've been through.

A little recap of the relationship had moved forward

Ling Xi did tell the maids that it is not appropriate to be gossiping about the God of War. Wu Wan is the one who signaled at Ling Xi that Jiu Chen was there.

Continue from a previous translation...

JC: If it wasn't for Baize, just on you own, would you be able to notice me?

LX: Yes, Shen Zhong is all powerful and is the number one in the six realms. And you are the mighty God of War, what are you doing here in my tiny San Ling Tribe, what is is your business?

JC: I will be going to ChongJi Yuan to go into deep meditation for a period of time. Just in case, you need to look for me, I came here to inform you.

LX: Who is looking for you? All right, I know, you go ahead with your meditation. I will take my leave now

JC: Such a selfish little minx

LX: Who are you referring to?

JC: It is you ... it has been so long ... you still have not overcome the matter? You want to stay angry for how much longer?

LX: How can it such a small anger ... you killed me twice .. how can you not allow me to be angry?

JC: It is because I wanted to save you. Kill is definitely a kill. Pain is definitely painful. Sad is definitely feeling really sad. You just thought of yourself all powerful and high ranking and used your wisdom bullied the weak that you hurt one's heart and trust. So you now know how are wrong you are?

JC: You are not making any sense ...

LX: How can I not be making any sense?

A maid called out for Ling Xi and Ling Xi grabbed Jiu Chen to hide him. Jiu Chen signaled Wu Wan to take the maid away

Continue from a previous translation

JC: You have to take responsibility

LX: What responsibility?

JC: The responsibility of staying by my side. Ever since I met you, I now cannot imagine my life alone.

Ling Xi gave a small laugh

LX: You don't think just because you kiss me, I will not be angry

JC: Then let's kiss once more ...

Ling Xi was taken aback 

LX: You ... you who is a ten thousand of years old immortal, an elder ... what have you become? I don't know where you learned of such tricks

JC: An elder ... am I that old?

LX: You better go ... my sister in now in Peach Forest making a medicine pill. I need to be here to guard until my mother wakes up. Well, if I happened to be bored ...

JC: What will you do?

LX: I will go over to you place to visit.

Well at least that appeased some of Ling Xi's anger.

This interpretation is best based on my limited understanding of the language

4 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

A little recap of the relationship had moved forward

Ling Xi did tell the maids that it is not appropriate to be gossiping about the God of War. Wu Wan is the one who signaled at Ling Xi that Jiu Chen was there.

Continue from a previous translation...

JC: If it wasn't for Baize, just on you own, would you be able to notice me?

LX: Yes, Shen Zhong is all powerful and is the number one in the six realms. And you are the mighty God of War, what are you doing here in my tiny San Ling Tribe, what is is your business?

JC: I will be going to ChongJi Yuan to go into deep meditation for a period of time. Just in case, you need to look for me, I came here to inform you.

LX: Who is looking for you? All right, I know, you go ahead with your meditation. I will take my leave now

JC: Such a selfish little minx

LX: Who are you referring to?

JC: It is you ... it has been so long ... you still have not overcome the matter? You want to stay angry for how much longer?

LX: How can it such a small anger ... you killed me twice .. how can you not allow me to be angry?

JC: It is because I wanted to save you. Kill is definitely a kill. Pain is definitely painful. Sad is definitely feeling really sad. You just thought of yourself all powerful and high ranking and used your wisdom bullied the weak that you hurt one's heart and trust. So you now know how are wrong you are?

JC: You are not making any sense ...

LX: How can I not be making any sense?

A maid called out for Ling Xi and Ling Xi grabbed Jiu Chen to hide him. Jiu Chen signaled Wu Wan to take the maid away

Continue from a previous translation

JC: You have to take responsibility

LX: What responsibility?

JC: The responsibility of staying by my side. Ever since I met you, I now cannot imagine my life alone.

Ling Xi gave a small laugh

LX: You don't think just because you kiss me, I will not be angry

JC: Then let's kiss once more ...

Ling Xi was taken aback 

LX: You ... you who is a ten thousand of years old immortal, an elder ... what have you become? I don't know where you learned of such tricks

JC: An elder ... am I that old?

LX: You better go ... my sister in now in Peach Forest making a medicine pill. I need to be here to guard until my mother wakes up. Well, if I happened to be bored ...

JC: What will you do?

LX: I will go over to you place to visit.

Well at least that appeased some of Ling Xi's anger.

This interpretation is best based on my limited understanding of the language

Thank you - I wondered where you were! Lol

I'm with @Cammy on our silly bird issue lol

@Vals Stor looks like he's going to get that beauty sleep 

Thanks Jacqueline for your recap and translation!

"If she happens to get bored she'll go over his place?"

Really?

Ok, im not gonna burst out for now. I really like this flirty thing, it could be so refreshing if only they had the chance to talk first on a serious note about all that has happened between them! :confounded:

15 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Really?

Ok, im not gonna burst out for now. I really like this flirty thing, it could be so refreshing if only they had the chance to talk first on a serious note about all that has happened between them! :confounded:

Spoiler

Tonight episode maybe we will get another kiss.. another scene how our old God of War flirty Ling Xi. :joy:  

16 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Really?

I think it's helpful to see this process of de-traumatisation as a process and not a one-off event of having a meaningful conversation - she's right to be feeling whatever from her end and JC is right to feel whatever he is feeling - and it's realistic in my opinion to sort things out in 2-3 conversations than in one go.

I see LX's conversations with her doctor sister as way of analysing and structuring her own thoughts before she randomly bursts out with JC and misses out some points (like him breaking her trust) because she loves him so much. I think this is healthy.

I like her holding her ground. But I understand you girls frustration as well. Lol

Like @galea mentioned in an earlier post - it might be a setup for her getting her dose of unnecessary angst again (sigh)

47 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Thank you - I wondered where you were! Lol

I'm with @Cammy on our silly bird issue lol

@Vals Stor looks like he's going to get that beauty sleep 

haha....she's indeed a very petty little bird, she matured in a lot of aspect, but has not grown up at all when it comes to him. but she has learned to be a bit more demanding of him 

13 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Really?

I love the flirting haha. they never really flirted  before so its refreshing.....im pretty sure the serious stuff will come later, this could count as their beginning of relationship after all those missteps 

im glad she told him she was upset about the whole killing her twice thing. even if it was to save her, a kill is still a kill, especially a kill with a broken heart. and im glad he apologized for it instead of getting mad at her in turn for not being grateful he saved her when honestly wasn't a good idea. he's very giving. 

now that this matter is put to rest, hopefully they build on more of thee relationship. 

Problem is.....

that she mentions "the killing" as if she mentions that they were out for a coffee and he gave a glance to another girl for a sec! This serious stuff can't be a joke spoken between them, not even in a flirty way-at least not so soon.

That's how she points out her trauma?  No no that's not LX. That'a a girl, woman, whatever, who they want to react, say, feel,  in the present, everything she couldnt all this time, but there are only few episodes left.

In other words, i ll say it again: i dont "blame" the heroine. I blame the scriptwriter and the director for handling the whole thing wrong

i am quite new to c- and k-dramas, but the awkward kisses were definitly one of the first things i noticed. and yes, it aggrevates me as well.

i just figured, it is more of a cultural thing? the idea of a pure, innocent woman, very shy and very unsure about if she can allow this monstrous thing called lust... better freeze. and stay frozen. ;)

similar to when in the infamous 50 shades of grey, the heroine accidentally stumbles upon a kinky guy and things just develop and really she is in it for her heart and not the orgasms. but if you look deepee, you see, the heroine wants the kinky stuff, the whole audience definitly wants to read/see the kinky stuff, but it is all constructed caregully in a way that allows her to keep her "innocent".

circling back to BQ, i felt it was more about her wanting to portray a shy, passive kisser because thats what the audience wants, not because she couldnt turn up the heat if she wanted to.

so i watched eros/the hand with chang chen. right after the opening music we see him beinf blackmailed into lowering his pants, get a close up of his butt and then his face when he struggles through receiving a hand job. well. very different from L&D ;)

8 minutes ago, sabinebiene said:

i am quite new to c- and k-dramas, but the awkward kisses were definitly one of the first things i noticed. and yes, it aggrevates me as well.

i just figured, it is more of a cultural thing? the idea of a pure, innocent woman, very shy and very unsure about if she can allow this monstrous thing called lust... better freeze. and stay frozen. ;)

similar to when in the infamous 50 shades of grey, the heroine accidentally stumbles upon a kinky guy and things just develop and really she is in it for her heart and not the orgasms. but if you look deepee, you see, the heroine wants the kinky stuff, the whole audience definitly wants to read/see the kinky stuff, but it is all constructed caregully in a way that allows her to keep her "innocent".

circling back to BQ, i felt it was more about her wanting to portray a shy, passive kisser because thats what the audience wants, not because she couldnt turn up the heat if she wanted to.

so i watched eros/the hand with chang chen. right after the opening music we see him beinf blackmailed into lowering his pants, get a close up of his butt and then his face when he struggles through receiving a hand job. well. very different from L&D ;)

He's beautiful in Eros, and you're right - it's a whole different beast. Highly recommended. After watching that caliber of a performance from him, you have to wonder why an actor like that would choose to act in a drama like this. It's not that I'm saying he's too good for it, but actually yes, that is exactly what I'm saying haha. I'm gonna go with the excuse that it's for Ni Ni. He accidentally fell in love with her in Savage and followed her here. :joy:

29 minutes ago, Vals Stor said:

Problem is.....

that she mentions "the killing" as if she mentions that they were out for a coffee and he gave a glance to another girl for a sec! This serious stuff can't be a joke spoken between them, not even in a flirty way-at least not so soon.

That's how she points out her trauma?  No no that's not LX. That'a a girl, woman, whatever, who they want to react, say, feel,  in the present, everything she couldnt all this time, but there are only few episodes left.

In other words, i ll say it again: i dont "blame" the heroine. I blame the scriptwriter and the director for handling the whole thing wrong

I was thinking that its kinda casual because she said to QY that she didn't blame him to begin with.  

so maybe its more of like, she understood why he had to and she's okay in the end, she gets that he loves her, but maybe she's just a little upset you know? like you're annoyed someone made a mess in the kitchen but not super upset because they did make you dinner...(maybe its not an equal comparison) 

but what im trying to say is, she's immature in a lot of ways when it comes to him, she's just trying to deal with  it best she can.

10 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

He's beautiful in Eros, and you're right - it's a whole different beast. Highly recommended. After watching that caliber of a performance from him, you have to wonder why an actor like that would choose to act in a drama like this. It's not that I'm saying he's too good for it, but actually yes, that is exactly what I'm saying haha. I'm gonna go with the excuse that it's for Ni Ni. He accidentally fell in love with her in Savage and followed her here. :joy:

you can write fanfic and I would read it haha! 

on another note, maybe they wrote it for him and he really did bring her along because she's good, like  Chen Kun recommended her for the rise of phoenixes with basically a freaking essay

also...where can I find this movie?XD

22 minutes ago, Cammy said:

you can write fanfic and I would read it haha! 

on another note, maybe they wrote it for him and he really did bring her along because she's good, like  Chen Kun recommended her for the rise of phoenixes with basically a freaking essay

also...where can I find this movie?XD

Hahahaha, you want me to write a fanfic about Chang Chen and Ni Ni? Oh boy... that would be scandalous! Rife with forbidden feelings and infidelity. :sweatingbullets: I can imagine that intense guilt-ridden face of his already. 

For Eros, you can rent or buy to stream on Amazon. I don't know if there are any free sources around.

1 hour ago, sabinebiene said:

52 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

You guys have spoiled me - now I want a kinky movie with Ni Ni (would love to see her micro expressions in such a role) and Chang Chen (he is pure animal passion) and healthy script where no one is going through abuse or trauma (and everyone understands consent) - a comedy if possible lol

Ni Ni was a doctor in Savage right? That movie could be like a contemporary mortal world trial for them :joy:

Back to Bai Qian - I don't think she was supposed to be "demure" - she is portrayed as this spirited tomboy - only as Su Su she was shy - so I don't get why she would later act hesitant (when she's back as Bai Qian) - I wasn't sold on her and @Cammy and yes I found it discomforting that she showed no motherly instinct at all in the entire series (some have argued that it's okay she has none - not everyone has to have that motherly love but it would have been good if she did)

26 minutes ago, Alice_in_a_rabbithole said:

Hahahaha, you want me to write a fanfic about Chang Chen and Ni Ni? Oh boy... that would be scandalous! Rife with forbidden feelings and infidelity. :sweatingbullets: I can imagine that intense guilt-ridden face of his already. 

For Eros, you can rent or buy to stream on Amazon. I don't know if there are any free sources around.

oh gosh no! lol I know hes married with a kid and everything! 

I thought you meant like his character from that movie and her character, they love each other so much they cross to a different show haha 

Archived